Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487673 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:23am On Apr 16, 2013
I.Joan:

He is alive!

Ok, thanks. I know the guy loves events. That was why I asked. Even in US, wherever there is event we need to watch out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Thank God you did not go out. i thought since you are still new in town you will be roaming about grin. But i believe that Bomb that did not kill in 9ja no go kill you in yankee. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2013
Thank God you did not go out. i thought since you are still new in town you will be roaming about grin. But i believe that Bomb that did not kill in 9ja no go kill you in yankee. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pinkyz: 10:12am On Apr 16, 2013
justwise: Its that time again when we have to create part4 of this thread, part3 has reached 272 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your enquiries and contributions here.

Part3 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

good day justwise,...i have been following you for years now on nairaland,i have always respected you and your comments,.please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nice4life: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2013
I would have said avoiding large crowd can save someone from this kind of tragic event, but Mr shooter can go anywhere from saloon, to school and to theater.May God that protects the strangers keep us safe in yankee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by loverencha: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz:
good day justwise,...i have been following you for years now on nairaland,i have always respected you and your comments,.please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pinkyz: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2013
.please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pinkyz: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2013
@loverencha thanx broda,..and congrat to you too. please can we talk more privately? i wasnt given scholarship? did you apply for one?...were you given a toefl waiver or u wrote toefl exams
loverencha:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz: .please i need your help on advice, i have just gotten admission at minnesota state university,and i have my i-20,the school gave me admission waiving TOEFL for me, due to the english score(B2) I had on NECO,and the equally gave me a TOEFL WAIVER LETTER addressed to the consular officer, please do i still need to write a toefl exam to take to the embassey for my visa decision thank

@Pinkyz, congrats on ur admission. I also applied to minnesota state university as well.

I don't think it is necessary for you to take TOEFL since you have a waiver letter from the school. But if you have the money you can take TOEFL because there is still time for u.

I'm waiting for my admission decision.

Were u admitted to Minnesota state university, the campus at Makato?

And also were u given scholarship?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pinkyz: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2013
my campus is moorehead and i will be resuming 14th august,...i will be booking my appointment in abuja, i heard its easy getting a visa in abuja than lagos, am just so confuse about this toefl thing,i don know if the visa officer will acknowlegde the toelf letter from the school
mr swagger:

@Pinkyz, congrats on ur admission. I also applied to minnesota state university as well.

I don't think it is necessary for you to take TOEFL since you have a waiver letter from the school. But if you have the money you can take TOEFL because there is still time for u.

I'm waiting for my admission decision.

Were u admitted to Minnesota state university, the campus at Makato?

And also were u given scholarship?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by emmanuelkim: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2013
OPga imperioux, See mee o, I wanted to write Toefl, but my international admission officer told me that i should not, that it is not necessary, what do you think,

The other issue i am facing is that i got my I-20 Yesterday, but when i filled the ds160 form i went to book it was telling me that the info on my ds160 form does not match with the info in the appointment page and the date i was told to resume my studdies is not later that 30 of april 2013, mplease house i need ideals on how to go about it,

the what about the TOEFL Issues?

pleas3e help me ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz: my campus is moorehead and i will be resuming 14th august,...i will be booking my appointment in abuja, i heard its easy getting a visa in abuja than lagos, am just so confuse about this toefl thing,i don know if the visa officer will acknowlegde the toelf letter from the school
Please write the TOEFL.it will show the VO at the embassy you are really serious about ur studies.if ur B2 in NECO is up to standard internationally,u should have no problem with the TOEFL with some preparation.Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz: my campus is moorehead and i will be resuming 14th august,...i will be booking my appointment in abuja, i heard its easy getting a visa in abuja than lagos, am just so confuse about this toefl thing,i don know if the visa officer will acknowlegde the toelf letter from the school

@pinkyz, There is no need stressing urself, wasting money and resources travelling all d way to Abuja to apply for visa when you live in Lagos.

What I will advise is that you apply in lagos first then God forbid if u r rejected visa then u can go to Abuja for the 3rd time u will be applying for visa

Try lagos for the first and second trial of your Visa application. But if things turn out bad, you can go to abuja for the 3rd trial. But I pray you will get your Visa at first trial. Amen.

And also I will like to ask you if you took any Standarlized test like GRE or SAT. If YES, then there is no need to take any TOEFL.

Because as for me I took SAT but didn't take TOEFL. And I will be going the Embassy with just my SAT score report.

But it is always advisable to take atleast a standarlised test before going to Embassy to be on a safer side. And it will prove to the VO that you are a genuine student.

But I'm still worried u weren't given a scholarship. Is the tuition fee affordable for you? If YES, you have nothing to worry about. Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pinkyz: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2013
mr swagger:

@pinkyz, There is no need stressing urself, wasting money and resources travelling all d way to Abuja to apply for visa when you live in Lagos.

What I will advise is that you apply in lagos first then God forbid if u r rejected visa then u can go to Abuja for the 3rd time u will be applying for visa

Try lagos for the first and second trial of your Visa application. But if things turn out bad, you can go to abuja for the 3rd trial. But I pray you will get your Visa at first trial. Amen.

And also I will like to ask you if you took any Standarlized test like GRE or SAT. If YES, then there is no need to take any TOEFL.

Because as for me I took SAT but didn't take TOEFL. And I will be going the Embassy with just my SAT score report.

But it is always advisable to take atleast a standarlised test before going to Embassy to be on a safer side. And it will prove to the VO that you are a genuine student.

But I'm still worried u weren't given a scholarship. Is the tuition fee affordable for you? If YES, you have nothing to worry about. Cheers bro.
i got scholarship, because once you get admission, you automatically have scholarship,...am based in kaduna thats why i choose abuja which is close to me.i havent taken any standardized test. irrespective of the waiver letter,..i will still write the toefl to be on the safer side,...am wishing we all gud luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz: i got scholarship, because once you get admission, you automatically have scholarship,...am based in kaduna thats why i choose abuja which is close to me.i havent taken any standardized test. irrespective of the waiver letter,..i will still write the toefl to be on the safer side,...am wishing we all gud luck

To be on the safe side, do TOEFL.Embassy has the ultimate say and not your school. Again, TOEFL will brighten you the more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz: i got scholarship, because once you get admission, you automatically have scholarship,...am based in kaduna thats why i choose abuja which is close to me.i havent taken any standardized test. irrespective of the waiver letter,..i will still write the toefl to be on the safer side,...am wishing we all gud luck

i believe there is a TOEFL IBT Centre in kaduna. if you need the address i can give you. around Danbo International School. All the Best guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2013

You're full of misconception. May God help you. Best of luck.

Edited
Just read that you stay to abuja, ABJ will be good for you because it's close to your house and not because it the best of all as you're misinformed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
emmanuelkim: OPga imperioux, See mee o, I wanted to write Toefl, but my international admission officer told me that i should not, that it is not necessary, what do you think,

The other issue i am facing is that i got my I-20 Yesterday, but when i filled the ds160 form i went to book it was telling me that the info on my ds160 form does not match with the info in the appointment page and the date i was told to resume my studdies is not later that 30 of april 2013, mplease house i need ideals on how to go about it,

the what about the TOEFL Issues?

pleas3e help me ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Even if (s)he says so and you have interest in writing it because you think it will put you on the safe side in the embassy, can (s)he stops you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by emmanuelkim: 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
where can i write toefl in edo state?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
mr swagger:

Winch kanye advisor be dis sef You didn't even wait on second trial but all the way to third.

Why are you confused about no scholarship? How can one with few credential gets scholarship in a dept that there are many competitors with high scores in SAT, TOEFL and brilliant high school grades. Moreover, (s)he got admission scholarship (though still not the main scholarship).

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
emmanuelkim: where can i write toefl in edo state?

I didn't do anything like that and I've never reached Edo state in my life. I hope someone will come to your aid soon. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
emmanuelkim: where can i write toefl in edo state?
Go to the ets/toefl website and u'll get a list of the centers and dates when u try to register for the exam(edo state inclusive). Hope that helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by elkharpone: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
Please oh...what does this "Proposed US Immigration Bill To Eliminate DV-Lottery" mean Kinda confused oh...I saw it on the front page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
winbyforce:
Go to the ets/toefl website and u'll get a list of the centers and dates when u try to register for the exam(edo state inclusive). Hope that helps.

There is availability for April 27 in Benin City if you want to write it @Emmanuelkim
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
pinkyz: @loverencha thanx broda,..and congrat to you too. please can we talk more privately? i wasnt given scholarship? did you apply for one?...were you given a toefl waiver or u wrote toefl exams

In Minnesota How can you got a scholarship without any standard test? I was in the school last week, helping a dude that has good scores on his Toefl and SAT with his admission and scholarship process. Talk to the school and know your stands about the scholarship with no standard test.Moreover, they take High school transcript more serious than Neco and WAEC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
@ OP,

You better write the TOEFL on time if you truly love yourself. A cousin of mine was admitted into MSU Moorehead in 2012 to study communications. I warned her to write TOEFL but she never listened claiming she had A1 in WAEC and that the school waived TOEFL for her. To cut the long story short, she was denied twice. Her interview was like this.

V.O: Did you write any test?

Her: No, I had A1 in English, and my school waived TOEFL for me because of that.

V:O: I am sorry bla bla bla.

Need I say more?

@ scholarship,

The only thing I know about MSU is that they let you pay instate instead of out of state as an int'l student. Is that the scholarship you are talking about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
elkharpone: Please oh...what does this "Proposed US Immigration Bill To Eliminate DV-Lottery" mean Kinda confused oh...I saw it on the front page

Did you take time to read it at all? I think it is self explanatory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
OjaP:
@ scholarship,

The only thing I know about MSU is that they let you pay instate instead of out of state as an int'l student. Is that the scholarship you are talking about?

Here we are! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Adolite:

In Minnesota How can you got a scholarship without any standard test? I was in the school last week, helping a dude that has good scores on his Toefl and SAT with his admission and scholarship process. Talk to the school and know your stands about the scholarship with no standard test.Moreover, they take High school transcript more serious than Neco and WAEC.

They take High School Transcript more seriously........do Nigerian Secondary Schools have Transcripts?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

There we are! grin

That is still a financial aid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
mightyman anthony hope say that bomb blast no scatter ur yanch stay safe brov and make u dey halla ur parents nd ur pastor for nija to dey give special prayer on phone hey dey happen BOKO HARAM dey everywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

You're full of misconception. May God help you. Best of luck.

Edited
Just read that you stay to abuja, ABJ will be good for you because it's close to your house and not because it the best of all as you're misinformed.

She said she is confuse.You see why personally she should do TOEFL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.