Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487817 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
ferdimako:

That is still a financial aid.

In fact not financial aid but first choice and application fee compensation grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

In fact not financial aid but first choice and application fee compensation grin

Okay. You know not everyone will get that kind of ur package.Yours is wholesale!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
@ mummy Yvete hahahahahahaha i don miss this thread i dey here i have been travelling from CI for a couple days i dey very weak presently in nija
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay. You know not everyone will get that kind of ur package.Yours is wholesale!

That's not my school but Mr. Web can shed more light on it for us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
Happy birthday prof ki emi ola o ogun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
OjaP: @ OP,

You better write the TOEFL on time if you truly love yourself. A cousin of mine was admitted into MSU Moorehead in 2012 to study communications. I warned her to write TOEFL but she never listened claiming she had A1 in WAEC and that the school waived TOEFL for her. To cut the long story short, she was denied twice. Her interview was like this.

V.O: Did you write any test?

Her: No, I had A1 in English, and my school waived TOEFL for me because of that.

V:O: I am sorry bla bla bla.

Need I say more?

@ scholarship,

The only thing I know about MSU is that they let you pay instate instead of out of state as an int'l student. Is that the scholarship you are talking about?

Very correct! The in-state tuition "scholarship" is automatic for incoming students but then they have to work for it by participating in socio-cultural events through out the semester where they must earn a fixed amount of "contribution hours" otherwise they lose the "scholarship". Great deal if you ask me wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's not my school but Mr. Web can shed more light on it for us.

I know...ur school is in New Mexico.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
webstradamus:

Very correct! The in-state tuition "scholarship" is automatic for incoming students but then they have to work for it by participating in socio-cultural events through out the semester where they must earn a fixed amount of "contribution hours" otherwise they lose the "scholarship". Great deal if you ask me wink

That's great! It's better than nothing!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
ferdimako:

That's great! It's better than nothing!

Yeah its actually very good considering the only eligibility is just being an int'l student! And then its very easy to maintain the scholarship throughout your program, you just need to participate in several activities on campus (like ASA, International Festival, community volunteer etc). Very good students go on to get real scholarships after their freshman year but these scholarships are highly competitive, most times requiring stellar GPA.

Grad students on the other hand don't have to earn any contribution hours, they only have to maintain a 3.0 GPA (whic

Caveat: It gets freaking cold here and by cold I really mean COLD! If you're not an indoor person and feel you can't survive very harsh 6-month winters, then MSU is a very bad deal for you tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
smithjanetstore: Happy birthday prof ki emi ola o ogun

Thank you Mr. Yvete...sorry, Mr. SmithJanet. E le nu pa. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
grin grin grin. Av bin granted today o! Will post d interview soon. Yaaaaayyyy!!!!! grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
Prof ojap she o fi ki mummy yvete je mi ni joor oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
virgin ice: grin grin grin. Av bin granted today o! Will post d interview soon. Yaaaaayyyy!!!!! grin

Congratulations!!! Share your story please. And can you finally tell us the school you are coming to now? grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
ferdimako:

I know...ur school is in New Mexico.

Tuale Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
virgin ice: grin grin grin. Av bin granted today o! Will post d interview soon. Yaaaaayyyy!!!!! grin

"PhD = 95% visa chance" - Mr. Ojap

We all know you'll be given. Without NRC on one side, the result for PhD applicant is always

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Uni of kansas. Stated it in part3 na lol.
OjaP:

Congratulations!!! Share your story please. And can you finally tell us the school you are coming to now? grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bukahands(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
Where ma guy bigfrancis and where him dey serve ?

And where find out ! Dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

We all know you'll be given. Without NRC on one side, the result for PhD applicant is always

Very true!!! Mr. Imperiouxx, are you going to TTU for PhD? I was reading something like that in your previous posts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
virgin ice: Uni of kansas. Stated it in part3 na lol.

Really? A friend of mine is in that school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
OjaP:

Very true!!! Mr. Imperiouxx, are you going to TTU for PhD? I was reading something like that in your previous posts.

I'm not staying South anymore. Moreover, TTU is well known to me (1hrs 40min drive from me and we have conjunction research with their biochem dept), so I'm expanding my network. cheesy

I wan no nu people. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Congrats virgin ice!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm not staying South anymore. Moreover, TTU is well known to me (1hrs 40min drive from me and we have conjunction research with their biochem dept), so I'm expanding my network. cheesy

I wan no nu people. wink

Lol...Texas is fun. TTU is a great school. You also get to meet many Nigerians and have plenty fun...especially if you're still single.... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2013

Congratulations!!! Wishing you a wonderful study and stay.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
bukahands: Where ma guy bigfrancis and where him dey serve ?

And where find out ! Dey
I dey here! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Una never wan tell me wetin dt one mean. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Prettychyna(f): 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
congrats dear,God is great. Please post the interview details. So happy for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
VO: Wat is d purpose of ur trip?
Me: to study
VO: Why phD? Why not masters?
Me: I hav deep and abiding passion for research. I love mystery and find it interesting especially in d area of chemical sciences
VO: Why not masters bfor phD?
ME: masters is 2yrs phD 5yrs, my age....(Mumbling; I go don old)
VO: R u married?
ME: NO!!!
VO: #laughing# why dd u av to ansa like dat, is it too early?
ME: #smiling# yes, I av to finish my studies first
VO: who is ur sponsor?
ME: I am on scholarship and I av TA
VO: I see, (nodding) wat's ur course?
ME: chemistry
VO: did u write any test?
Me: Yes I dd, Toefl n GRE
VO: lemme see ur result
ME: gave ha
VO: can u rate ursef? Do u tink ur marks wer very good or average? (Toefl and gre)
ME: For my toefl, I dd very good buh average in gre.
VO: wat was ur scores?
ME: told ha both GRE n TOEFL
VO: Well to me, I tink u dd very good. Wat is ur area of focus?
ME: Renewable Energy
VO: Do u tink dat wud b useful in ur country?
ME: Yes ofcourse, in terms of power supply. Nigeria is lagging therfore, am looking into other sources of power like d biomass, sun, water n so on.
VO: So wat is ur plan after school?
ME: I intend coming to Nigeria to Lecture, here is a letter from the DVC
Unilag....
VO: keep it. Congrats u shud go and pick up ur visa on thurs. (Smiling) wen u get back from the US, we will talk about improving power...
ME: yes we will, tank U so much and av a nice day (smiling)
VO: U too (smiling)

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
@Imperiouxx I was just tryna help d guy.... I'm sorry if you think my comment was irrelevant.. Respect to you bro... One luv!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
OjaP:

Lol...Texas is fun. TTU is a great school. You also get to meet many Nigerians and have plenty fun...especially if you're still single.... grin grin grin

kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
smithjanetstore: mightyman anthony hope say that bomb blast no scatter ur yanch stay safe brov and make u dey halla ur parents nd ur pastor for nija to dey give special prayer on phone hey dey happen BOKO HARAM dey everywhere

hahahahaa na wha for u ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
mr swagger: @Imperiouxx I was just tryna help d guy.... I'm sorry if you think my comment was irrelevant.. Respect to you bro... One luv!!!!!

Nah! You're good. Just that the post has many meanings looking at it from different perspectives.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
Tnx honey, it's just God really. because I already ad issues wit d woman whu toook my prints saying dat I don't pay attention because she said left hand buh I placed right instead and she ad to corect me/caution me
Prettychyna: congrats dear,God is great. Please post the interview details. So happy for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.