Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (13229 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by obyrich(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
megacity: listen to ur man of God if truely he is a man of God. A true man of God has the ability to see and hear beyond the physical

Believe his prophets & you shall prosper - 2Chron 20:20

I do hope however that u hav not been sleeping with her cos the same man of God must have told u that furnicatn is sin
Please I would like you or anyone else on this forum to help me with an example from the bible where any man of God prophesied to anyone concerning who to marry. Only voodoo priests who strayed into the christian fold have arrogated to themselves the power of deciding for their members who to marry or not marry. Neither Christ,his disciples nor any of the prophets of old practised such doctrine as has become the currency of the modern day Christianity. Even the doctrine of church wedding is a man-made doctrine which has no biblical antecedent. The day that your man of god will knack your wife akpako, your eyes go clear!
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by angelbaby22(f): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
Who is this man of God that can see into the future? Did God grant people powers and I wasn't aware of this I don't like the sound of all this seeing into the future false prophets just turn to your holy book and pray after all its only by Gods work that you to are happy together so don't let the devils work ruin it.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by slyk2(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
These men of God sef,
they are bundle of disintegration.
Shine ya eyes!
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:00am On Mar 22, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God bless you !
''Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.'-Proverb 11:14
"Listen to my words: "When there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.''-Numbers 12:6

If you can't hear from God urself,listen to the true man of God !
God bless us all
Amen and you too!
Okay this just happened last year in my school.
A student, a female to be precise was warned by her pastor through her mum to stay at home on the day she was supposed to celebrate her birthday. Her mum is actually a lecturer, so she asked her daughter to go home a day bfore her birthday, and she did. But unfortunately, on that day she felt so bored and decided to sneak out to school without her mum's awareness! Anyway when she entered the hostel, d first person that saw her was her friend...and as d normal tradition thingy, you spray or pour water on the celebrant's body...meanwhile some students left their buckits containing acid water near the tap, for practical use, but this frd of hers never knew d buckits contained acid water....she picked it up and poured it on the celebrant''s body and that was it! The school medical center rejected her, she had to be flown abroad cause she was totally disfigured! Her mum cudnt believe it, cause she ws so sure her daughter was at home, bt too bad....nd it was already too late! Till now, the girl is still in abroad undergoing some medical treatments. Some of you must ve read this on paper or on Net.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by koncept89: 7:01am On Mar 22, 2013
D pastor wan marry d gal
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Becacia_Barbie:
Amen and you too!
Okay this just happened last year in my school.
A student, a female to be precise was warned by her pastor through her mum to stay at home on the day she was supposed to celebrate her birthday. Her mum is actually a lecturer, so she asked her daughter to go home a day bfore her birthday, and she did. But unfortunately, on that day she felt so bored and decided to sneak out to school without her mum's awareness! Anyway when she entered the hostel, d first person that saw her was her friend...and as d normal tradition thingy, you spray or pour water on the celebrant's body...meanwhile some students left their buckits containing acid water near the tap, for practical use, but this frd of hers never knew d buckits contained acid water....she picked it up and poured it on the celebrant''s body and that was it! The school medical center rejected her, she had to be flown abroad cause she was totally disfigured! Her mum cudnt believe it, cause she ws so sure her daughter was at home, bt too bad....nd it was already too late! Till now, the girl is still in abroad undergoing some medical treatments. Some of you must ve read this on paper or on Net.

And her experience proved that the believer exists at the mercy of a pastor's visions and "words of knowledge"? The trouble with these stories and examples is that they're hardly ever substantiated by the Scriptures themselves. They're stories, even if true, that appeal to the emotions rather than to the Word of God for confirmation. And when the emotions have accepted or rejected them, we view the Scriptures through them.

The above story can neither successfully add to or take away from the truth of the Scriptures which hold that the believer is taught the will of God directly by the Holy Spirit. All human helps are necessary only insofar as they bring the believer into a tighter union with the Holy Spirit and teach him to hear and understand the Lord for himself, not to usurp the place of the Lord in his life.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by manmustwac(m): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2013
bio12: I love her so much BUT a Man of God I respect very much told me she's not my wife embarassed

What do I do?
You joined Nairaland on March 21st, not spent more than 14 minutes online & have one post. Why don't you reply some of the people trying to help you?
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2013
^^ Maybe he hasn't figured it out.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by mko2005: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I don't like the thought that you seem to be deliberately trying to misunderstand our brother. But, are you indeed doing so? I doubt that his post could be read to mean that there is no need to gather with other believers, I'm sure that all he has been saying is that the individual believer is responsible to the Lord for his personal decisions. It's irresponsible to constantly seek other children of God however more mature to take decisions for them. That is contra the Cross and contra everything Christ means.

I hope you understand.
If i'm been exhorted,rebuked or reproof by a pastor,is it a must i heed to his what ever ? I do not think it's by force to heed. But what i know and convinced is an error is to say my pastor can not exhort me,rebuke or reproof of my decision as is the case with the Op. What is left for the Op is to go and pray to HIS God whom i believe should be the same God of the pastor except some body is deceiving somebody !
God help us
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by mko2005: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2013
belabela:

My brother whether pastor is real or not it is solely your responsibility to choose your wife. It is shear arrogance for one man to claim somebody is not your wife, and what is preventing him from telling you your wife. The only problem is that God can only guide you he will never impose anybody on you.

Let's go back to the story of Abraham, his servant, Rebecca and Isaac

First of all getting a wife is a favour from the Lord which Abraham is aware of. Again Abraham knows that God does not impose a woman on a man and vice versa hence he said:

“The Lord, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father’s household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, ‘To your offspring I will give this land’—he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there. If the woman is unwilling to come back with you, then you will be released from this oath of mine. Only do not take my son back there.” - Genesis 24: 7-8

Abraham first had a desire that his son should marry from among his people. God did not decide that for him

He is fully aware that a lady may say yes or no. God does not betroth anyone to another

He asked for guidance and God's favour for his servant who will go to get a wife for Isaac.

Note that the wife is not for the servant but for Isaac. Now Abraham's servant decided to put a fleece before the Lord.

'Then he prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

Fleece does not guarantee that God was in a thing but it has been an ancient method used throughout the old testament and even in the choosing of Matthias to replace Judas Iscariot. However we know that it is not a reliable way to ascertain that God has made the choice.

Abraham's servant had to propose to Rebecca by putting a gold ring on her nose which her brothers spotted and knew a man was interested in her. And even at that the servant was not saying " I am sure this woman is Isaac's wife. He waited for Rebecca to make her choice.

Then they said, “Let’s call the young woman and ask her about it.” So they called Rebekah and asked her, “Will you go with this man?” “I will go,” she said

To meet any man or woman is by divine providence, to speak to the woman or propose is left to you and to have a marriage both parties must agree they want to go on this journey. Where did you see Rebecca asking her brothers if she should follow them? No where! She is more mature than most of the ladies in our churches today. And her brothers are more knowledgeable than the pastors we have today.

In our culture where parents allow their children to bring their fiancé/e home, many young people would not in any way be like Rebecca who had her own mind they work by illusion or what their pastor said which is pathetic.

Every child of God is led/guided by the Holy Spirit, and the pastor is not the one to validate the Spirit of God. Rather it is the other way round. that is why the decision is yours not your pastor's. Many pastors will do well by staying in their duty post and not trying to be God over men.
You are right in all you have said and to end my chat with you,i say thank you for this wonderful time with you !
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by mko2005: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2013
belabela:

Now Abraham's servant decided to put a fleece before the Lord.

'Then he prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

Fleece does not guarantee that God was in a thing but it has been an ancient method used throughout the old testament and even in the choosing of Matthias to replace Judas Iscariot. However we know that it is not a reliable way to ascertain that God has made the choice.

I'm sorry,i saw the word fleece that you said Abraham's servant decided to put before the lord is it the same thing as prayer becos in that very verse,it was recorded that the servant prayed. 'Then he prayed' lord God of my master....... ! I still believe that God answers prayers but for fleece,is it there to support the prayer or is it as signs to be seen to confirm that ur prayers has been answered truly by God ?
Pls educate me on this one alone. I am learning !
God help us

1 Like

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I'm sorry,i saw the word fleece that you said Abraham's servant decided to put before the lord is it the same thing as prayer becos in that very verse,it was recorded that the servant prayed. 'Then he prayed' lord God of my master....... ! I still believe that God answers prayers but for fleece,is it there to support the prayer or is it as signs to be seen to confirm that ur prayers has been answered truly by God ?
Pls educate me on this one alone. I am learning !
God help us

Fleece is generally known in Christian theology as prayer for a sign from God. It usually represents a lack of faith or doubt where the person praying ask God to answer his/her prayer in a particular way in order for him/her to beleive. This term originates from the experience of Gideon in Judges 6.

Although it appears like a prayer it is a fleece. It's like a man praying to God saying " God let it be that the sister who seats beside me in church today is my wife" And actually a sister sat beside him. Then the pastor said all married women should stand up for thanksgiving and behold the sister ( who our brother believes is an answer to his prayers) stands up a married woman. Now the question is did this brother pray to God? YES he did. When the sister sat beside him he was telling himself " What a faithful God you are Lord " only to be disappointed that she's married. But then take a second look at his prayer. He actually placed a fleece before the Lord. This topic has been discussed in many Christian assemblies. Take a look at the quote below. God bless you!

Fleece or Faith: Discerning the Will of God

Judges 6:1-40

Most of us have heard someone use the term 'putting out a fleece' in reference to making a decision. That term comes from an event in the life of Gideon. The question I want us to consider this evening is whether this is the way we should discern God's will in decision making or not. As always, the Word of God should be the final authority in all that we do as believers. We often chide those who seek after signs and experiences. Remember Peter declaring to us that the Word of God was greater than all our personal experiences.

Note: 1 Peter 1:16-21

We are called upon to walk by faith not by sight. So why should we think that God would direct us through signs or fleeces? Some would claim that since it is in the Bible (ie. Gideon) then it is right or even expected that we do the same. Let's consider the Word of God this evening and look at the events that led up to Gideon placing the fleece before the Lord. The questions before us tonight: Was Gideon justified in doing this? Was this an indication of Gideon's faith or his doubt and fear? Is it ever God's will for a believer to throw out a fleece?

I. Biblical Examples of Fleece-throwing

A. The servant of Abraham

(Gen 24:14) And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast showed kindness unto my master.

1. He was sent to find a bride for Isaac in a foreign land.

2. Upon arriving, he prayed and threw out a fleece.

3. God obviously accepted this fleece prayer.

4. Especially thrilling are the words, "and it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out" (v. 15).

B. King Ahaz

(Isa 7:10-12) Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying, {11} Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above. {12} But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.

1. In this instance, God himself invited this wicked Judean king to ask for any sign he wanted.

2. God would perform it to prove that Jerusalem would be saved from
her enemies.
3. But the evil ruler refused.

C. King Hezekiah

(2 Ki 20:10-11) And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees. {11} And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

1. God caused the sundial shadow to go back ten degrees, showing he would be healed.

2. Again, it may be observed that God honored this requested sign.

D. Satan

"Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God" (Mt. 4:5-7).

1. Here the Savior rightly refused to perform the perverted fleece throwing as suggested by the devil.

2. The basis for His refusal, He said it was wrong to tempt God.

II. Historical Background. Judges 6

A. After Barak's death, Israel returned to idolatry and God delivered them into the hands of the cruel Midianites for seven years. v2-6

B. A nameless (and fearless) prophet reminded Israel that their terrible circumstances were due to sin (6:8-10).

C. An angel of the Lord appeared at this point to Gideon, who was threshing wheat by hand in the bottom of a grape press to hide it from the Midianites (6:11).

D. Gideon is divinely commissioned to defeat the Midianites, and thereupon builds an altar to God, calling it Jehovah-shalom ("the Lord send peace," Jdg. 6:12-24).

1. Note: In spite of his many doubts, Gideon shows real faith at this time of famine by offering a young goat and baked bread sacrifice.

2. That very night, at God's command, Gideon pulls down the family altar of Baal and replaces it with an altar to Jehovah (6:25-27).

3. Gideon's father, Joash, calms down an angry crowd the next morning that would have killed Gideon for his brave act.

4. God's Spirit then comes upon Gideon. Gideon blows a trumpet and sounds a call to arms (6:34, 35).

5. He then throws out the fleece (twice) and is thus reassured concerning his call by God (6:36-40).

E. Some facts to be considered:

1. The Lord had already on two previous occasions clearly assured Gideon of what he was to do.

(Judg 6:14) And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

(Judg 6:16) And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.

2. The Lord had already given a sign that Gideon had requested. Cf 6:17-21

III. Basic Conclusions On Fleece-Throwing:

A. Do we believe God's Word?

1. Although God did not rebuke Gideon, his is in reality an example of a lack of faith in God's Word.

2. As we noted at the beginning of our study, God has called us to walk by faith, not by sight.

3. If we aren't sure what to do, the best advice is to wait upon God until we are sure!

4. Very often the case is that God has already revealed His will to us through His Word, but we are either ignorant of it, or we want our own will rather than to submit to His.

B. Often the fleece throwing attempts to limit God.

1. We get into trouble when we try to force God to act in a particular way for our benefit.

2. Keep in mind that He is the Sovereign Lord of the Universe, and it is presumptuous for us to expect Him to 'jump through hoops' for us.

3. This is the theology of the 'name it and claim it' thinking that is prevalent today.

C. Modern-day fleece throwing doesn't follow the biblical pattern of Gideon.

1. Gideon asked God to do something that only God could do…and he asked twice!

2. It was a miracle…a supernatural intrusion into the laws of nature.

3. Often the fleeces that are thrown today consist of varying circumstances that could just as easily take place without any input from God at all!

4. Example: If this light turns green before I reach the intersection…or if a certain song comes on the radio…or etc.

5. The will of God is not hidden, but rather it is revealed to us through the Word of God.

6. God does not bypass our minds when it comes to His will for us.

(Eph 5:17) "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."

http://www.brandonweb.com/sermons/sermonpages/judges3.htm
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by seyibrown(f): 5:01am On Mar 23, 2013
belabela:
It was actually directed at you and I completely agree with you that prophecy is a gift that is used to edify the church of God. God has a nature and Jonah understood the nature of God. When a message is given from the Lord it is called a prophecy. That message normally has a purpose and if the purpose is not known then you miss the whole essence of the prophecy. Why did God send Jonah to Nineveh? To warn the people of an impending destruction. However the people were not destroyed because they repented and God does not despise a man with a contrite heart and an humble spirit. If God send a message to a church that there will be famine in the land. The church should ask what is it that the Lord require us to do? if God says the some devils have agreed to cause a road accident for members going on mission to a village, is God saying they shouldn't go anymore? NO! he is calling their attention to prayer. They are already engaged in a spiritual battle which they will win in God. But somebody can foolishly go about saying God says do not go to preach in that village cos their will be accident.

Now we are talking about marriage. It is not the nature of God to impose a wife on anyone or tell someone "that is not your wife" at least not the supreme God. Marriage is not a subconscious exercise or what somebody else will decide for you. Every marriage has its challenges whether 1 million pastors say it's from God or not. Man is not a zombie as not to know what they want and why they make their decision. Most of the times it is fear of the future that make brethren stand before diviners ( aka prophets) to tell them who they should marry. That is not from God.

Is it at all possible for a man to want to marry a woman for all the wrong reasons e.g infatuation? Is it possible that such a man is not in tune with the spirit of God and cannot hear him? Is it possible for God to warn him through a prophet?

I believe the best approach for a christian when it comes to marriage is to ask God to chose for them. Why? God knows you better than you do, God see the heart of the person you think you want to marry, and God sees the whole picture. It helps to start asking God to choose before we set our hearts on a particular person. When you ask God to lead you, he will never mislead you. There are true prophets and there are fake prophets.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
OP, you might miss out on a good thing if you carry on with that stronghold of "pastor said", especially with things of that nature.
The most important thing is to go with your own leading. What do you see? What do you feel? What is the vision you have in mind for the both of you? Believe God on it. That's how you find and have a wife.

At the end of the day God waits on all guys to make a decision and he will respect it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winners Chapel In Ilorin Burnt Down Over Land Dispute / Which Church Do You Attend? / What Motivates You To Worship God???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.