Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,718 members, 7,820,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (13252 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by a1solution: 9:24am On Mar 21, 2013
Man of God. So you are the man of devil?
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Emmalex771(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2013
For everything under this planet sun was said to be a reason, after seeking ya pastor's advyc yu come NL for what na? We aint fools, dre must b a reason why he is contesting against ya marriage wit her.

Probably, when you r grown to b a man to make decision yaself, u fit come ask for opinion, and I'm sure yu wud get am plenty
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 21, 2013
Choiii.... U'v done a Very HUGE Mistake for Bringing this type of Topic to Nairaland!!! At the END of the Day, I can Guarantee U that U will be more Confused!!! Bet It??
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by slimming: 9:31am On Mar 21, 2013
Talk other people for help too
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by biolabee(m): 9:32am On Mar 21, 2013
val_dee: The man of God should as well make a time table for you on everything.

Eating time

sleeping time

working time

when to cross the road

LOL

OP can you answer the q

How did a pastor get involved in your relationship
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by mko2005: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2013
ooman:

I disagree, love is what holds marriage together. Love must precede marriage.
Love is what holds marriage no doubt ! Love MUST precede marriage is a total error !
May be we should look into the type of love that MUST precede marriage. Is it the agape love or you are talking about the love between a man and a woman ? If it's the later,we do not need it before marriage but in marriage,we can not do without it. As for the agape love,Jesus even said we should not just love who we want to be married to but also love our enemy !
God help us
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by daroz(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2013
@OP, u made a big mistake by bringing dis issue to nairaland that is full of atheist & unserious believers. I am not saying u should take d advice of the pastor or discard it, cos I don't know the kind of personality pastor has(if he is a truly called Man of God or one of those fake money inspired God of Men), and d kind of girl u wish to marry. But I want u to have this at the back of your mind,"what an Old man sees while sitting down, a young man may not see while on top of a tree". Sit down and do ur consideration properly, and plss don't also forget to involve ur parents/siblings into the decision making, their stand are also very important.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by alfredo4u(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
it happen to a friend of mine, now, dey ve 5kids and they r doin excellently well in pakistan.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by biolabee(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2013
gentlegg: I hope that man of God warned you that you should never see her panties. Not after enjoying the unfortunate girl, then comes the man of God.

True.. Maybe he is using God to justify his badt deeds.
Men have done so for time immemorial though
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by mko2005: 9:39am On Mar 21, 2013
musKeeto:
Now this is why I detest christian threads...

Even Muslims wouldn't vomit such crap...

Muskeeto how are you today ?
It's been a long time !
Are you a christian ? If yes,are you regenerated ? If no,then it will be difficult to comprehend. But all the same,i will continue to pray for u and my very self so that we do not miss heaven wen the trumpet shall sound.
Am not a muslim and so don't expect me to speak like one.
God help us
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by davidadenrele: 9:43am On Mar 21, 2013
Re A Man Of God Told Me She Not My Wife, firstly there's passage in the bible thats says as many that are lead by spirit are the sons of God, i will advise to go down on your knees and talk to God in prayers there might be something evil ahead of you in that relationship that you have not seen, it also very important that when you are in a relationship to seek for the will of God, it's not just about falling in love yes it good to be in love because God himself is love but it will also be very foolish of any serious christian to "fall in love over head heels" without seeking spiritual advice, counselings most importantly pray before going into a long term relationship not to talk of marriage.

A lots of lives and homes and marriages has been broken and into thrown confusion, disarray, hopelessness, bitterness, heartbreak regrets and sadness simply because we refused to seek the face of God for direction and guidance.

Lastly the position of your pastor as your spiritual head is to guide you assists in counseling, spiritual and moral guidelines that will help you in your relationship, mostly importantly assists you in prayers because if he or she fails to do he or she will definitely give accounts of every souls under is care as a Shepard before Christ and before God.

The last but not the least is to draw close to God in place whereby there are no pastor or evangelist, even if they were at all, because God wants each and every one of us to draw close to him in order for him to bless us and reveal hidden mysteries that beyond what our physical eyes or mind can see or decode God is not author of confusion is ways are not ways as the heaven is far from the earth so it also God ways different from our own ways aside all that your pastor have said go dowm on your knees with prayers backed with the word of God using bible as a reference also with faith that what you are asking God for he will surely answer you and give you direction on what you are seeking him for because God is the rewarder of them that diligently seek and find him i wish you God's favour and direction in Jesus name Amen.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by andyanders: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
bio12: I love her so much BUT a Man of God I respect very much told me she's not my wife embarassed

What do I do?

If the man of God is real, listen to him because a land where there is no vision, people perish.

1 Like

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by GraceBestowed(f): 9:47am On Mar 21, 2013
Hia!! I'm shocked by the sheer amount of negative responses!

OP - if you are convinced, and your spirit bares witness that your pastor is truly of the Spirit, then you should consider adhering to his suggestion. "... believe in His prophets and you shall be established". You should know God for yourself, ask Him for confirmation.

I think you did the, absolute, right thing by seeking God first please don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Marrying the wrong person can cripple one's destiny!

I wish you well!

1 Like

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by ovieohene: 9:49am On Mar 21, 2013
A true man of God will not just tell you not to marry her without given you one or two instances if you truly prayed in which case your spirit would also bear witness that what the pastor said is true. So my question goes thus. What else did pastor tell you about her? Is it true? have you seen that in her? and if it is something you can correct ask God to help you, if not you need to ask God for directions because you cannot change her only God can. Remember you were once or he was once a sinner before you or he became a clean vessel. So never under rate anyone, because u never know what she will become tomorrow. Our future is in God's hands, that is while we must walk by faith. Fast and pray concerning this. Marriage is not something to toil with so that tomorrow you don't start thinking of another marriage. As Christians till death do u both part. Remember!

1 Like

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2013
Even, those who pastors their wives are theirs are still having issues and most problems. I guess it has to do with individual. Ask the man if his marriage is also a bed of roses. Nonsense
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by rubion: 9:59am On Mar 21, 2013
another attention seeking thread
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by gerald09(m): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2013
bio12: I love her so much BUT a Man of God I respect very much told me she's not my wife embarassed

What do I do?

For asking that question shows u are not matured to get married. Y don't u ask ur mummy. ® u serious!? What's d hell is wrong with u! Dude its u dat is marrying her not d man of God is he doesn't like it don't worry when u get moni buy private jet n all will be well.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by ayoola2002(m): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2013
A u really sure u love her? can she make u happy? if yes go ahead. Pls don't mind all this man of God.

They have once told me that business is not my way, but that is what am doing right now, besides, i live in my own three bedroom flat. So, don't be deceived.

Marry someone that will make u happy.
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by JimmyBoy1: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2013

What do I do?

What reasons did the man give to you?
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 21, 2013
It is not the pastor that will live with the girl, it's you.

If he says she isnt your wife, did he provide an alternative
Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by jidewin(m): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2013

What do I do?
Sometimes we are blinded by EMOTIONS when we are in "love" and tend to overlook some factors that would MAR the relationship as it advances.For instance,some do believe the best or lead singer who is single in the church choir could be a divine choice whereas,she could also be an INITIATE.Until when married then you see the real and opposite individual.The same goes for some bros in usher dept...well dressed,often calm and smiling,but the 'brother' could be a NYMPHOMANIAC or a woman batterer.
I would not entirely rule out the MOG version of why he said what.But if he ended up telling you some other version to why...e.g spiritual what what,then the best is for you to set aside sometime for yourself and seek Gods directives.

Allow me to share this true life story with you.It happened way back in 1997.I had a campus girl friend and her cute looking,well shaped roomy.My ex then attends C&S and her roomy CCC. Her roomy met a dashing young man who happened to be a serving minister in WINNERS CHAPEL,IBADAN. They have been seeing each other and trust me,it was love in the air for close to 3 months.We were all anticipating wedding arrangements,as the guy was already taking care of her basic needs on campus.Food stuffs, clothes,allowances,etc...most campus girls dream. I was on my part wondering how come they haven't done parental introductions as the Yoruba custom, but my ex then told me,the guy is still observing ( i suppose seeking guidance).
Lo and behold,on a Sunday after service at the guys church, the brother was the one who usually drives the girls (my ex and her roomy) back to campus after church service,he was attending to some people,..you know often after church services people tend to hang around and wait and chat and gist and what what.While the "ladies" were waiting for deacon-to-be to come over,he was obviously attending to people who needed to see him.
Now according to my ex then, after waiting 30 something minutes,BROS is still with people,his fiancee-to-be couldn't take the delay anymore and instead of walking to the man and plead with him to hasten up,she angrily walked up to him,in RAGE, demanded why the hell he was wasting their time and landed him 2 hot slaps...IN THE FULL GLARE of the public.Even my ex said she was stunned and shocked.Well that was the end of the relationship as the gentleman quietly gave my ex some cash for both of them to charter taxi back to campus,him been sorry he would'nt be able to take them back after the "show".
So my dear,the lady despite her harming beauty and what what would have been a nice match for him,but underneath,she is living RAGE OF FIRE.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by pomporiking: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Bro if you rate the pastor highly then Tbh I think you should look for anoda geh.everytin isn't about love.the same tin do ma uncle the man still dey regret sey e no listen

1 Like

Re: A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife by OlaideO: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2013
Most of these men of 'GOD' don't see jack. who knows,maybe your parents don't like the girl and they have gone to connive with the pastor.you had better go on your knees and pray about it yourself before you follow your pastor and regret it. nobody knows the future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doctrines And Services Of Celestial Church Of Christ / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Clean Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.