Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram (16930 Views)

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram / Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by theripper: 9:03am On Mar 21, 2013
Tinubu has spoken, his herd of cattle will vehemently agree. By the way, wTF is innocent BH? The junkie never ceases to amaze me. So much for a leader.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 9:04am On Mar 21, 2013
TechRev:

One of bokoharam demands is total Islamic rule of Northern states. So if you are advising on amnesty, tell me how a president will meet that demand?? Its not just granting amnesty, you have to tackle the purpose of the armed struggle too. So tell pls how do you meet their demands??
Tinubu goofed!!

Sorry, I disagree with you. In an amnesty, government dictates the terms. Tinubu is spot on, accurate. FG must ask the young boys (13 million of them or so) that are potential bombers to drop arms and embrace some government offers, like scholarships. If you drop your arms and go to school, you get full pardon, if you continue to take arms you get punished. Do you for one minute think you can use ONLY force to quash a large army of potential BH that live in the north? Dont you know hhow easy it is to convince those young uneducated almajiris to join BH and carry bombs?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by sage2(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2013
How do you grant amnesty to the innocent? You can only exonerate the innocent. How do you talk about amnesty on the one hand and prescribe punishment on the other. In other words, Tinubu is saying that there should no amnesty. That's my understanding of this post.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by jentlsoul: 9:05am On Mar 21, 2013
There is different between knowledge and wisdom ( application of knowledge).
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2013
tayoTFC: what is the difference btw boko haram And the nigerdelta millitant (both have kill innocent people citizen and foriegners distroy properties worth billions dollar so if militant can get annesty why not Boko Haram ? if that is the way to make peace in the region i support it. so that my people in the nourth can sleep and wakeup peacefuly.

The difference is that one is a terrorist group and the other is a group of militants. Use your dictionary and do the rest.

www.dictionary.com
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Tinubu is a politician, he will say what ever his supporters up north wants to hear. If Boko Haram can revive the life of those killed and restore happiness in families of innocent Nigerians killed in Abuja and else where I will be the first to ask FG to grant them amnesty.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by ezedolar: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2013
Boko haram is an Islamic agenda so Tinubu have to support it one way or the other
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Goddex: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2013
Tell the northerners what they want to hear.

Oga Tinubu, talk is cheap.
But, sorry you have no
idea how to resolve this security problem.
Stop playing politics with the bombings.

Obviously and unfortunately, the gap between Xtians and Muslims
keeps widening everyday with fellow muslims queueing behind the Sultan & JNI,
while Xtians are queueing behind CAN.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2013
Controversial Tinubu, Talking with the both sides of his mouth.
He's definintely Up to Something!!!!!
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by daywatcher: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2013
When they, Boko Haram, bring their shit to Yorubaland then you should involve yourself. Right now it is simply a Northern issue and should be treated as so. Or are you planning to sell the Yoruba people to Buhari, El Rufai and co? Remember Yorubas are Yorubas before anything else.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by larrysng(m): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2013
Why must Tinubu flies always support Shits. Everything about Tinubu is always Political. Must he support Boko haram just because he wants to gain the northern leaders trusts. Smh for the future of this country.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by onome25(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2013
MUST U GUYZ COMMENT ON EVERY THREAD? as far i.m concern HELL waits for those who wish for it.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2013
Dee60:

Sorry, I disagree with you. In an amnesty, government dictates the terms. Tinubu is spot on, accurate. FG must ask the young boys (13 million of them or so) that are potential bombers to drop arms and embrace some government offers, like scholarships. If you drop your arms and go to school, you get full pardon, if you continue to take arms you get punished. Do you for one minute think you can use ONLY force to quash a large army of potential BH that live in the north? Dont you know hhow easy it is to convince those young uneducated almajiris to join BH and carry bombs?
Don't be deceived,, northerners get Federal government scholarship to study abroad that are unheard of in southern Nigeria. Most northerners studying abroad are on scholarship, don't fall for their poverty and lack of education scam. I had few Northern friends in college back then that never worked while attending college They benefit more from the system that any other ethnic group in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by oddy4real(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2013
this is funny, backing amnesty for pro- PDP Bokoharam? If BH are PDP's tools like El rufai stated, then why back amnesty them?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2013
Once again this amnesty debate has been brought to fore. As far as I am concerned there no difference between MEND and BH. They have many things in common but only differ in styles and motivation.
1. They both kill innocent people
2. They both target security forces and hound them down at any opportunity
3. They both destroy public infrastructures and threaten Government

However BH seem to be mainly motivated by religious belief and brainwashing although some politicians may have created their own gangs from this confusion. MEND members on the other hand have never been known for suicide bombing and I can arguably assert that motivation for them is mainly monetary although a few of the ND militants may be categorized as real activists.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by danot1030: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2013
Tinubu you guff big time, i am highly disappointed in you for describing those high level of crimes committed by those blood sucking devil called boko haram as minor crimes, you should be ashame of yourself being a leader to have made such an inconsiderate comment in the public. Must you just open your mouth and talk when you don't really have something reasonable to say in the public just because you are seeking political sympathy. You Should just have shut your mouth up and let the families of the victims of boko haram destructive acts bear their pains in silence.

I am not GEJ fan but on this one i agree with him, if they are not ghost they should come out and negotiate for amnesty or maybe Tinubu should tell us who they are and their addresses.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by takedat(m): 9:25am On Mar 21, 2013
The clueless maladroit in power should find the best practicable approach in solving BH genocidal menace. Tinubu's suggestion or opinion is inconsequential!
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Goddex: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2013
oddy4real: this is funny, backing amnesty for pro- PDP Bokoharam? If BH are PDP's tools like El rufai stated, then why back amnesty them?

Don't mind the moroons.
CPC and APC are behind Boko Haram.
They are now looking for a way to armtwist Federal
Government into empowering their boys with amnesty.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2013
Some people will only talk with the heart...

Watch Channels Tv and listen to what Prof Akinjide Oshuntokun..a Prof of Strategic studies and you lot will learn and gain some fresh perspectives.

Stop seeing everything from bigoted views everytime.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by talktimi(m): 9:26am On Mar 21, 2013
“For the innocent ones among them, there must be amnesty." Mr Bola Tinubu

How can you possibly forgive innocent people or grant them amnesty for crimes they did not commit ?

This issue of amnesty is quite relative, some people come on here comparing the niger delta militants with these BH extremists when they can't even point a niger delta state on the map and many so called activists (internet) have never been to a Niger delta state.
The militants down south never blew up bus stations or randomly killed innocent people on the streets of yenagoa or port harcourt, they stated their problems with the federal govt and oil co's, targeting mostly oil instalations and workers to press home their demands. If you go to 8/10 niger delta interior villages, you will weep and understand why these boys took up arms. When you feed a nation almost single handedly, you definitely deserve a better deal.
The BH on the other hand have never come out with a clear cut reason for their grievance.
We have heard them say GEJ should convert to islam and resign before the carnage will stop, we have also heard them say the entire northern Nigeria should be converted to an islamic state not considering the christian "minorities" in that region. We have heard them complain that their reason for fighting is because their ex leader was killed while in police custody (during the regime of the late Yar'Adua). And just last week in the news Shekau their new leader was complaining about the unjustified killing of their "armed" followers by the JTF.
It is pertinent for the BH extremists to come out with one voice and say THIS is why we are fighting and THIS is what will make us stop, I earlier said the issue of amnesty is quite relative. The niger delta militants know there's crude oil in their domain and know that in saner climes, crude oil brings development to any region where it is found (eg Dubai). There is no niger delta capital talk less of state that is as beautiful as Abuja but the money used to build that city came from down south. So I can say the nd militants had a right to fight and had to be forgiven by the fg before another Ken Saro-Wiwa springs up and causes another problem/embarrasment to the FG. It is only left now for the people to fight their governors/LG chairmen to implement dev elopmental projects instead of being the criminals they (political leaders) are.
Which money does the BH want the FG to use in paying them amnesty assuming the FG agrees to that demand ? Is it the already over stretched budget being already spent on fuel subsidy payment and the frivolous lifestyles of our lawmakers ? Or is it the oil found in the niger delta that will fund this new wahala ?
GEJ knows the solution to this problem, the question is does he have the balls to solve it before it envelopes this nation ? The SSS has given him a detailed list of BH sponsors, let him order their arrest and detailed strikes on training camps and I promise you within a week, highest 2 wks and BH will be history.
I have a reason why I didn't vote for him in 2011 and it has manifested.

PEACE
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by duality(m): 9:26am On Mar 21, 2013
Ok give those who want amnesty the amnesty. take their weapons and operational information and let them go and work. But if this amnesty chorus is for govt to spend oil money and tax payers money paying criminals and murderers. Its totally unacceptable by me; not minding who is saying it. I don't support paying criminals salary (northern or southern) Give amnesty if it will solve the problem but no money to criminals. before we institutionalize what we can't handle as a nation

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2013
It's so glaring now that Tinubu isn't concerned about the welfare of this great nation,Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by mafioso47(m): 9:32am On Mar 21, 2013
2iic: Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday in Kano called for the granting of amnesty to Boko Haram militants, insisting that they are not ghosts as alleged by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Tinubu, the National Leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, who was in Kano to commiserate with the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, over the attack on him and his convoy recently, explained that the amnesty must be based on justice, particularly for those with no blood stains on their hands.

He however said those involved in criminal activities among them must be made to face justice.

He said, “For the innocent ones among them, there must be amnesty. We cannot fight a war in our own country against minor crimes and minor people. We would only end up multiplying these people by trying to use force against our own citizens.

“I therefore disagree with the President; they are not ghosts.

“Are those people in prison ghosts? If they are, why are prison officials looking after them? Are JTF operatives fighting ghosts, do they possess magic power to see ghosts?”

According to him, security challenges in the country could also be attributed to the duplication of ministries related to Police affairs, which he said, could render the Inspector General of Police, M.D. Abubakar, incapacitated in taking firm control of security in the country.

At the Emir’s palace, Tinubu condemned the attack on the royal father, describing it as unfortunate.

The Emir, thanked Tinubu for the visit, describing him as a visionary and purposeful leader in every aspect of life by showing good example to the ordinary people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-backs-amnesty-for-boko-haram/
what is he saying?? Grant dem Amnesty , they must be made to face the law?? From the same mouth

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by TechRev: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Dee60:

You argument is flawed cause you are offering them the same scholarships and western education they claim to be fighting against.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by jentlsoul: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2013
TechRev:

One of bokoharam demands is total Islamic rule of Northern states. So if you are advising on amnesty, tell me how a president will meet that demand?? Its not just granting amnesty, you have to tackle the purpose of the armed struggle too. So tell pls how do you meet their demands??
Tinubu goofed!!
what u don't understand is that demanding for sharia does not mean turning or forcing xtian or pagan to be a muslim but agitating for justice, fairness accountability etc. Sharia literal mean justice so what is problem with that. If allow north to practice sharia I think the like of maina of pention board, ibb and so many wicked northern leader that turn our region like this will not go free out been punish.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Delight1: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Average Nigerian are cowards & self-centred. That is the reason some group of people always come up with an idea to terrorize the country & the next you would hear is Amnesty, that is general pardon to Criminals, Killers, who destroy people’s Life & Properties, they are pardoned because it involves the Life &Properties of the Minority. These idiots in the corridor of power are quiet because they know the set of people involve in the deadly act, but since they are not affected in any way. It’s a disgrace to this Nation if we send our Soldiers to the Neighboring Countries for peace keeping & there is no peace in our own country. There is always a payback period, God has a way of paying back, they will surely reap what they sow.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by TRUTHTELA: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2013
[b]WOE UNTO TINUBU, SHAME ON HIM and his family members. If he actually said this, HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE. If he can support a FACELESS group that chose to be bombing CHRISTIANS/SOUTHERNERS for no JUST cause. Then, Nigeria, is a SOMALIA/SUDAN in the making, NO FORM OF AMNESTY can save the "Lugard's experiment from collapsing.

This is what you hear from a HELL HOLE RULED BY ROGUES

NIGER-DELTA MILITANTS FOUGHT AN ECONOMIC WAR & THEY WORN AND WILL CONTINUE TO WIN. They didn't go to the CITY CENTERS AND BE THROWING BOMB AT TRAVELERS, RATHER, THEY BLEW UP OIL INSTALLATIONS AND WILL WARN THE OIL FIRMS TO LEAVE THEIR REGION OR ELSE. DID YOU SEE THEM THROWING BOMB INSIDE THE MOSQUE? FYI, UNITED NATIONS AND HUNDREDS OF INT'L AGENCIES & SCHOLARS IDENTIFIED WITH THE OBJECTIVES AND AGITATIONS OF THE MILITANTS.

BUT THESE WRETCHED AND ILLITERATE NORTHERN ELITES KEPT SPONSORING A GROUP THAT'VE BEEN KILLING CHRISTIANS, HEALTH CARE WORKERS, BOMBING CHURCHES,ETC, SIMPLY COS THEY WANT GEJ, TO RELEASE FUNDS, UNDER THE GUISE OF "AMNESTY", THE LAZY LEECH NORTHERN ELITES AND RTD. "GENERALS AND THEIR REGION HAS NOTHING TO OFFER THE WORLD. ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY, SO THEY CAN MARRY YOUNGER GIRLS, BUY FLASHY CARS AND FLY TO DUBAI AND DO SHOPPING, SHAME ON THEM AND TINUBU!!!! THE EVIL THAT MEN DO...[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by dbride: 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Tinubu, gather the boko haram boys and pick out the ones who have not stained their hands with blood. Hillarious. It is wisdom to always think verrrrrrrry well before we talk, especially as leaders. Politicians most of the time talk just because they must talk to impress or deceive or curry favour. They are not serious people and they have that penchant of talking back and forth, in circles, zig-zag and arriving at nothing.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by TechRev: 9:41am On Mar 21, 2013
jentlsoul: what u don't understand is that demanding for sharia does not mean turning or forcing xtian or pagan to be a muslim but agitating for justice, fairness accountability etc. Sharia literal mean justice so what is problem with that. If allow north to practice sharia I think the like of maina of pention board, ibb and so many wicked northern leader that turn our region like this will not go free out been punish.

So how does demand for justice equate to mass murder of christians at their churches over and over again?? Now you murder them at the motor parks too. How does that equate to demand for justice??

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Ozonna(m): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
jentlsoul: what u don't understand is that demanding for sharia does not mean turning or forcing xtian or pagan to be a muslim but agitating for justice, fairness accountability etc. Sharia literal mean justice so what is problem with that. [b]If allow north to practice sharia [/b]I think the like of maina of pention board, ibb and so many wicked northern leader that turn our region like this will not go free out been punish.

As if only Muslims make up the entire north. You forget that there are indigenous Christians even in the core Northern states. Meanwhile the Boko Haram said that they want to force Islam on the whole country and not just the northern states.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
Nigerians celebrate mediocre. Some people are already out here co-signing what their political leader said without weighing his utterance yet they call themselves educated lots. Now tell me what is the difference between them and those young Boko Haram recruits that were promised 72 virgins if they kill innocent civilians via suicide bombing?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
INNOCENT ONES AMONG BH

Hhm.. A betrayer playing politics of convenience!
Tinubu should liase with his newly found northern friends and furnish us with a list of innocent BH members.
Rubbish talk!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. / Corruption: Sss Is Protecting Maina, Not Allowing Efcc Arrest Him – Omojuwa / Fire Service Gets 25 New Trucks After 116 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.