Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – (9185 Views)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days / Mama Peace Rice: Eat And Experience Peace In Your Life [pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by AK481(m): 12:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
Yeske!:
The Northerners in the east know we can't take such news and pretend nothing happened for too long, no wonder they fled Onitsha even before the latest Kano bombing filtered into town unlike some other group who are in denial and pretend none of their kinsmen were involved in the carnage. Little wonder the Fulani-Boko Haram is busy ravaging their territory and even will fight them to the last man in their region and they still pretend "nothing dey happen". Continue living in denial, it suits you guys though.
For those who don't know,he is referring to yorubas....

Let me remind dayo that the buses were going to lagos,obviously it will be a genetically and pathologically marked madness to assumed that no yoruba died.

Coward,like okija juju said to fashola " their problem is beyond them,its genetics"
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by manny4life(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Very unfortunate that some people on here can stoop really low to rejoice, smh...

I don't blame him, if I were they, peace is out of the question. It's time they started sponsoring covert plans, if this will make Nigeria disintegrate really quickly, it's the best.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by EagleNest(m): 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: Like MASSOB Like Ohaneze. Coward partners in stupidityy
Can anything sensible come out of you? Mr I too sabi!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by EagleNest(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
Toaskarity: This ohanaze is stupid!! So becus illitrate fools are killing each other somewhere thats why you shld make ur house a grave too! Dam! Some humans has along way to go angry
Is that all you can say? Childish talk.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ceaz4r(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
I want to be as provocative as I can be as I say this: if the President of this country & his security agencies can not guarantee the safety of the Igbo people in this country, some of us are willing to sacrifice ourselves to fight for the survival of our people. We will rather die trying!

For those of you here who say we are cowards. I want to tell you that, there is a point at which you will violently treat a coward & you just end up turning him into a monster. If we could launch rockets over a kilometre, no matter how crude the rockets, in the 1960s, we can do better this time. Those of you who have been to the national war museum at Umuahia, Abia state, will know what I'm talking about.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by vanstanzy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
ceaz4r: I want to be as provocative as I can be as I say this: if the President of this country & his security agencies can not guarantee the safety of the Igbo people in this country, some of us are willing to sacrifice ourselves to fight for the survival of our people. We will rather die trying!

For those of you here who say we are cowards. I want to tell you that, there is a point at which you will violently treat a coward & you just end up turning him into a monster. If we could launch rockets over a kilometre, no matter how crude the rockets, in the 1960s, we can do better this time. Those of you who have been to the national war museum at Umuahia, Abia state, will know what I'm talking about.

Pls tell these IGNORAMUSES! Igbo di'ike! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by maclatunji: 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
ceaz4r: I want to be as provocative as I can be as I say this: if the President of this country & his security agencies can not guarantee the safety of the Igbo people in this country, some of us are willing to sacrifice ourselves to fight for the survival of our people. We will rather die trying!

Spare us the drama, Boko Haram kills across ethnic groups and religion. If you lot voted GEJ massively, the least you can do is put him under pressure to do his job of securing lives and property.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ceaz4r(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
A very big shame on the security organisations we have in this country! If MEND, Bokoharam, can acquire this level of training, and coordinate attacks with amazing level of precision with their comparatively little resources, why can't the Nigerian security, with the full backing of the national resources & might, gather good intelligence! Why is this country paying lip service & playing politics with security!! I 'walked-in' at the NIA office in Abuja to enlist and what the agent I met could tell me (in confidence) was, the best bet for me to become an Agent is to bring a high powered letter from a member of the Nat. Assembly! And I asked myself, even when you decide to take up a job as dangerous as being a Spy in Nigeria, you still need a god-father?!
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by bobbydbobo: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
Its always disheartening seeing the strong force of the nation, the one voice of the nation, the changers(WE)come here and topple serious talks with tribal wars, hatred, ill feeling, reeling disgust for eachother. Just think about over a million voices. Coming to agree on a thing, irrespective of tongues and tribes, some pple who are to b respected also based on tribal sentiments colour the truth.. The problem is not just the leaders, the problem is the allegiance to tribe b4 nation which cn neva make d nation move foward cos thereld always b mutual suspiscion... If some comments were made 50 yrs ago, itld pass, buh now, at this AGE, where we are all learned"at least to a point", some pple cn still advocate for or make insighting comments that cn push the nation to a point of no return through a war. No nation can survive a revolution/civil war twice; Every Revolution/war consumes the starters and leaves nothing to build on in the near future leaving a Curse of strife for generations unborn. In an age where we pity nations, like sudan, somalia,liberia at its time, Congo during her time, and others, where we cn easily check the net to see the devastations, yet some chant WAR!! At all cost. U emulate the arab spring u take a "cue" from them believing if that doesn't happen the nation cnt change, Well the Cue is a path to destruction cos in such an event, none can recover in time. Cnt we even see the picture that we are being pushed by forces behind the scene to just start a war?? Nd I tell u, if something starts in d east today, that's it! The Catalyst! We won't recover from what is to come... If out of the large population in Nigeria, if only those on nairaland think like this, nd have this at the back of their mind, I repeat Only those on Nairaland, on such a day, Nigeria has progressed by 30percent. Yorubas-Cowards, ibos- cowards/ trouble makers,Hausas--Religious Mad men! Wen will such name calling stop, wen wld we move past this, wen wld we progress and jointly declare a thing? When we see ourselves as Nigerians and knw the fact that no man is an island, we need eachother to form a strong force no nation can beat in the continent and outside d continent. Some powers know this nd that's y they're tryn to burst our bubble. Nations like US know the significance and importance of Numbers and the power attached to it. SO

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ceaz4r(m): 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Shame! also on our Igbo elites!!! The Governors, the law makers at the NASS, so called Elder states men, etc that at this level of calculated & systematic killings & destructions visited on their kins men, they have remained uncomfortably & mischievously quiet. Selfishly feathering their nests. For goodness sake, can't you people stage a simple walk-out at the governors' forum and/or at the Nat. Assembly, as the case may be to register your displeasure at the level of killings? Can't the writers among us write & keep writing & announcing to the international communities what is happening here, even though they very well know? What impression do you think you are creating to us & the outside communities? Let me tell you that we the youth are beginning to count you lots among our enemies, & when we can no longer hold back & decide to liberate ourselves, we will see you as one of them!
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
ceaz4r:
A very big shame on the security organisations we have in this country! If MEND, Bokoharam, can acquire this level of training, and coordinate attacks with amazing level of precision with their comparatively little resources, why can't the Nigerian security, with the full backing of the national resources & might, gather good intelligence! Why is this country paying lip service & playing politics with security!! I 'walked-in' at the NIA office in Abuja to enlist and what the agent I met could tell me (in confidence) was, the best bet for me to become an Agent is to bring a high powered letter from a member of the Nat. Assembly! And I asked myself, even when you decide to take up a job as dangerous as being a Spy in Nigeria, you still need a god-father?!

I laugh in Wazobia.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by nedu666: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
OHANEZE EWU, OHANEZE NAMA, OHANEZE ATULU GODDAMN THESE BASTARDS WHAT SORT OF NONSENSICAL TALK IS THIS. BUT I NO BLAME THEM, NA IBOS WEY THEY NORTH I BLAME.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by badassnigga(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Somalia and Cameroon ...on my mind ...oya now ndigbogrin
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Reggie2(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
For a very long time I decided not to contribute to ethnic or tribal based tongue lashing threads just to insult others. I hononestly find it repulsive to get involved in some unintelligent discussion especially where lives are lost. Whether those murdered were ndiIgbo or otherwise, do not in any way minimize the value of the human live! What is the crime of a person who moves to another place other than his hometown to seek a living? If the argument to justify the Nigeria/Biafra was to keep the country united, what makes it criminal for a Nigerian to live in any place of his choice? When Obasanjo attempted a third term, there was a general oucry to stop him. Instead of people typing taunting words, or sitting back only to criticize Gej knowing the ignored but obvious political pitfalls, a more united outcry for wanton distruction of human lives could be a better option. We have one federal leadership and not just Igbo leaders etc. etc.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by drnoel: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
na wah 4 una but was there ever a time in the past, present or future that they could garantee safety in this country
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by noiseless: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Who else would gloath whenever the Igbos are pain?

Yorubas OFCOURSE.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by OneNaira6: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
geeez: Well whether or not you guarantee peace in your region is not my business but don't ever for one second think you can pull out the smallest hair strand on a Yoruba man, woman, boy or girl's hair in your region and get away with it. Don't ever take our peaceful demeanor for cowardice..Be guided!

I'll honestly like to go to one thread, just one thread without seeing this desperate attention seeking from una. Just one thread for God sake. SMH!! Dude, why are some of you people more worried about the Igbo killed than your own people? So you are implying that you care more to make fun of the dead of the Igbo than actually give a crap about your own that died. SMH. Such a shame. So glad I wasn't born one of una. In addition, please just stop making threat all over the internet that we know una cannot back up, we all are fed up with it. Since BH started there attacks, I've heard and read about reprisal attacks from SS (Asaba and Warri), SE (Onitsha twice) and MB (don't know the state that berom belongs to but the berom people), none of us have heard of a reprisal attack in SW. I'm not saying revenge is the right way to go about it but if una are going to go around making threats anytime BH attacks, then show us you can actually back up this so called threats all the time. Is not like yoruba are spared during the attacks, remember the Abuja bomb had more of your people name than any other ethnicity, the same goes for the last church bomb they did in I believe Kano and this recent bomb had a significant amount of your people killed despite none speaking on their behalf (sadly). Enough with the chest- beating, it's like you people enjoy the nickname "the talkative coward". it's kinda like the ones going around shouting OPC would do this to BH, blah blah blah and it's the same OPC that made a threat to BH few months ago telling them to do whatever they wish up north and to their own living up north but if they see or feel a bomb in SW, wahalla go break. Few weeks after the threat, a bomb went off in ekiti and nothing happened, instead they claimed "it cannot be BH". So please enough with the threatening and the attention seeking. There are times, people wish to see a serious comment on a thread. If some of you people know you cannot be serious in some situations, then waka commot from the thread. Jeez!!
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by OneNaira6: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
I understand where ohaneze is coming from. it really must be hard trying to maintain the youths from retaliating especially seeing you are doing it through advice and have no army to stop it if your advice is not listened to. Shame, eventually people would stop listening and I wonder how they going to contain it. Anyway, I'm all for getting back but I'm also all for waiting till you make sure if you do get back, noone can point blame at you.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by DonCaleb: 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
jmoore: Retaliate by attacking bokoharam members or attacking innocent civilians?

Yes those igbos that were killed are they not civilians or do you want to say that they are the boko haram.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nyce1: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Its un4tunat most pple contributing here r not in D North... A typical hausa fulani muslim is a jihadist nd terorist....dey hate truth. Once u r not a core northerner,dey regard u as notin. We can never be fooled by any idiot northern politician seekin leadership because all dis killins r cordinated..let it continue its only increasing D devide between northerners nd rulership of dis country. If not for D crisis in kaduna dat united D xtians late Yakowa wuldnt hav been governor. Igbos nd other xtians pls thread D path of peace. God is no respecter of person, so he alowed all dis so pple may knw D hypocracy of an average northern muslem.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Onlytruth: I appeal to umu Igbo to PLEASE ignore those baiting the usual "chicken fights" between Igbo and Yoruba.
I have declared that wasteful and irrelevant.

Both Igbo and Yoruba died in that Kano bus bombing.

Let's keep the kids where they belong -under the chair. cool

Eze Only Truth, this is a ground breaking move to curb the incessant Yoruba VS Igbo row on NL. If only my brothers from the SE would ignore some of the Yoruba people on here when they throw their usual tantrums then the rubbish would die an inevitable natural death. I pray my people (I'm yoruba) would just put the bigotry to a halt while we as Southerners work on the way 'out' because it has been mostly Igbos all these while, the table could turn....

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Goldcon: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
I understand where ohaneze is coming from. it really must be hard trying to maintain the youths from retaliating especially seeing you are doing it through advice and have no army to stop it if your advice is not listened to. Shame, eventually people would stop listening and I wonder how they going to contain it. Anyway, I'm all for getting back but I'm also all for waiting till you make sure if you do get back, noone can point blame at you.
This same senseless killing was what lead to the civil war. I wonder why our leaders wont learn from history. I 'm sure the current leaders would have said that if they were in charge back then that they could have handled the situation better and prevented the war. For many years on, thousands of Igbos are being roosted and burned up north. Prevention is better than cure.
Let me say it loud here as I have always said anywhere else. I dont have any relation living up north, not even in Abuja. I have not lost any close person/relation or someone I can personally identify to boko haram. IF I LOSE ANY CLOSE RELATION TO BOKO HARAM, I WILL NOT WAIT FOR OHANEZE OR FOR GEJ TO SETUP COMMITTEE BEFORE I RETALIATE here in the NIger Delta.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 22, 2013
EagleNest:
Is that all you can say? Childish talk.

Omg!'wonders shall never end! So you jst quote me and as dumb as u are then reply me with that. Chineke moo see come see dumbness! Anyway lemme laugh and step over tongue next pls
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ifebosco: 5:36am On Mar 22, 2013
Clerverly:

So so on point! Look I am a thorough-bred-Igbo man, but when it comes to Nigerian politics we dont cut it and with the present kind of leaders we are unfortunate to be bestowed on by the products of corruption from the centre, We would never be there, at least for the foreseeable future. It pains and my heart bleeds for the so called youth from my place cos it seems, we have not learned anything from the misdeeds of these Abuja contractors, who are only interested in what comes to their family and lineage without giving a damn what their people intends to benefit. The same set of people would come back and play the ethnic card when they are being outsmarted in their vainglory in Abuja. Surprising, the youth of the Igbos who are "assumed" to be intelligent enough to decipher when deceit is being played, would be the first to buy that and start playing the victims. My Igbo brothers and sisters on this forum, can we ask ourselves these probing questions below and try to reflect on them before we decide where to pitch our tent in 2015;

Why do the Igbo always support any government in power (Shagari, Babangida, Abacha, OBJ,Yardua and GEJ, I stand to be corrected on these)?no sentiment,free mind

Why are the Igbos only remembered during electioneering periods?

Why do we have the worst road network in whole of the country and yet we have supported any Government that had ruled?

Why did we allow PDP to rig these characters into the helm-of-affairs in our respective states notably Elechi and T A Orji?

What is our stand or the so -called stick and carrot approach in 2015?

What has the present government at the center done for us to warrant us supporting it in 2015.

Ndi Ibe Anyi E keleem unu, Ka Udo Chia!!!
free minded igbo
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ifebosco: 5:43am On Mar 22, 2013
ceaz4r:
if you are serious get intouch with me,ifebosco001 @ yahoo . com
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ifebosco: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2013
dramendra: I don't support fire for fire, but it has gotten to that stage where those animals dragging Islam into mud be brought to book. This is very easy to fight, let the real muslems colabo with their visitors (both yoruba and igbo) to fight back, this will go a long way to strengthen the unity of the country and also wash the muslem religion clean.
how can we realise that?when we are myopic in thinking here in nigeria, nigeria is tribal and religious sentiment that is killing the majority
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ceaz4r(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2013
@ifebosco: I have sent you a mail to your yahoo.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by okenwa101(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
Toaskarity: This ohanaze is stupid!! So becus illitrate fools are killing each other somewhere thats why you shld make ur house a grave too! Dam! Some humans has along way to go angry
tou and ur generation are more off silly, any attack again we shall flush them both in the east and in north ... morom
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by 7lives: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yeske!:
@ the two above posters, calling our people down south is a fact but living in delusion as if nothing affects your kith and kin up north is misappropriated. Stop advising us.

IF IT AFFECTS OTHER NIGERIANS, THEN THE IGBOS SHOULD NOT MAKE IT THEIR PERSONAL WAR.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by 7lives: 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Clerverly:

So so on point! Look I am a thorough-bred-Igbo man, but when it comes to Nigerian politics we dont cut it and with the present kind of leaders we are unfortunate to be bestowed on by the products of corruption from the centre, We would never be there, at least for the foreseeable future. It pains and my heart bleeds for the so called youth from my place cos it seems, we have not learned anything from the misdeeds of these Abuja contractors, who are only interested in what comes to their family and lineage without giving a damn what their people intends to benefit. The same set of people would come back and play the ethnic card when they are being outsmarted in their vainglory in Abuja. Surprising, the youth of the Igbos who are "assumed" to be intelligent enough to decipher when deceit is being played, would be the first to buy that and start playing the victims. My Igbo brothers and sisters on this forum, can we ask ourselves these probing questions below and try to reflect on them before we decide where to pitch our tent in 2015;

Why do the Igbo always support any government in power (Shagari, Babangida, Abacha, OBJ,Yardua and GEJ, I stand to be corrected on these)?

Why are the Igbos only remembered during electioneering periods?

Why do we have the worst road network in whole of the country and yet we have supported any Government that had ruled?

Why did we allow PDP to rig these characters into the helm-of-affairs in our respective states notably Elechi and T A Orji?

What is our stand or the so -called stick and carrot approach in 2015?

What has the present government at the center done for us to warrant us supporting it in 2015.

Ndi Ibe Anyi E keleem unu, Ka Udo Chia!!!

Brother you've said it all, the answers to these questions are the solution to Igbo question in Nigeria.
I am personally recommending EXODUS, MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE TO THE EAST, where a conference should be organize to chart a way forward, honestly its long overdue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Insulted By El Rufai, Walks Out On President Buhari / SE Traders Disown Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu / NNPC Raises Import As Kaduna, P'harcourt Refineries Remain Shut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.