Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days (30693 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths / Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group / Pipeline Bombing: FG Directs Ijaw Communities To Hand Over Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by UmuEri(m): 5:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Ijaw communities give oil
multinationals 7 days to
vacate

Written by: Ebenezer Adurokiya-Warri
Ijaw communities of Diebiri, Egbema,
Gbaramatu, Iduwini, Ogbe-Ijoh, Ogulagha
and Kou kingdoms, in Delta State, have
given oil multinationals operating in their
territory seven days to vacate or face dire
consequences.

The Ijaw communities are hosts to flow-
stations and well heads operated by
Chevron Nigeria Ltd, Nigerian Petroleum
Development Company (NPDC), Neconde
Energy Ltd, Shell Development Petroleum
Company (SPDC) and Agip.

In a press release signed by Comrade Sherif
Mulade and 20 other representatives of the
Ijaw kingdom, made available to the
Nigerian Tribune on Sunday, in Warri, the
communities called on foreign embassies to
advise their nationals in the Ijaw territories
to vacate their personnel and contractors as
their safety would no longer be guaranteed.
The Ijaw communities also called on the
Delta State government to release N300
billion owed the Delta State Oil Producing
Development Commission (DESOPADEC)
meant for the development of the
communities.

According to the statement, the ongoing
hearing of the DESOPADEC amendment bill
at the state House of Assembly is a keg of
gunpowder with devastating consequences
if not discontinued.
“Having carefully and painstakingly studied
the executive bill at the floor of the Delta
State House of Assembly on the proposed
DESOPADEC Amendment Bill, we, in strong
terms, condemn and reject the bill in its
entirety as it seeks to rip us off of the 13 per
cent derivation fund given to the oil and gas
producing communities in the state.
“The bill is inimical to the principle of
derivation and insensitive to the
peculiarities of the oil-producing
communities.

“Therefore, we will not fold our arms and
watch the Delta State government to take
away our economic and political right by
way of politicising the 13 per cent derivation
fund meant to develop our communities
through DESOPADEC,” the statement read in
part.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ijaw-communities-give-oil-multinationals-7-days-vacate

3 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Utchgirl(f): 5:34am On Jul 21, 2015
IMO ; Dis people are coming out codedly.

Their warnings here r two; (1) 2 d whole country indirectly, by giving oil multi nationals operating in dia territory 7 days 2 vacate or face dire consequences. Hmmmm.... I smel somtin here. Ur guess is as gud as mine.

(2) To d delta state govt 2 release d 300 billion owned DESOPADEC.

Bt i tink dey wil concentrate more on d 1st one. Who knws , wht dia reason might be cos they didnt state any reason 4 telling dem 2 vacate dia teritories.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by MrFlavvor(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2015
issokay...2nd to commented(sic)*nothing useful to say*

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Burger01(m): 5:36am On Jul 21, 2015
smiley

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by donholy28(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Make we dey look na....wetin else we go do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by otokx(m): 5:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Is their brother an ijaw man not the deputy governor and part of the government? Did they not vote in the present government? Why are they now complaining?

15 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by IAMTHEHERO: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2015
Oya! APC E-ROBOTS come send Nigeria Military to go and wipe them out.

8 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Burger01(m): 5:42am On Jul 21, 2015
otokx:
Is their brother an ijaw man not the deputy governor and part of the government? Did they not vote in the present government? Why are they now complaining?
^^^
Jonathan is the cause of this nonsense.

Btw, they will know soon enough that this new government is not a government of laxity. We are waitingsmiley

51 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Rapunzel001: 5:42am On Jul 21, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if this crude oil has so far been more of a curse than a blessing to dis Niger Delta Region
Btw, what sin have dis oil multinationals committed dat they have been told to vacate? environmental pollution?

3 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by M4gunners: 5:43am On Jul 21, 2015
I use God beg una make una direct dis to Babaonechance not Okowa oh . Hw come they are now demanding 300millions now,was Uduaghan owing them before he left Office? Awon guys binu.

3 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by naijainfogalery: 5:46am On Jul 21, 2015
hehehehehehe very funny, i will just advice my brothers in that region, they should take it easy, if anything happens, they are the ones that will get the worst hit,

17 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by UmuEri(m): 5:49am On Jul 21, 2015
naijainfogalery:
hehehehehehe very funny, i will just advice my brothers in that region, you guys should take it easy, if anything happens, you guys would be the worst hit, there are smart ways to go about things
And what ways do you suggest?

7 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by kaylechy(m): 5:50am On Jul 21, 2015
President Buhari be like; Look at him, letting men love their fellow men. How does he sleep at night? This is the real Kworupshun.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by nerodenero: 5:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Ngasky(m): 6:05am On Jul 21, 2015
let sleeping dogs lie. This is not the government as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2015
Why do ijaw people like wahala like this?

16 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by sanandreas(m): 6:17am On Jul 21, 2015
Uduaghan caused this mess. The dude destroyed my state beyond repair.

8 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by crispberry(f): 6:19am On Jul 21, 2015
Okay. Watching.....
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by marenx: 6:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Or where they illiterate before?
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 21, 2015
this is gonna be interesting. cheesy
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by kliq(m): 6:25am On Jul 21, 2015
Empty Threat....7days! just around the corner

One Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by skyface00(m): 6:31am On Jul 21, 2015
empty threat.... hold your state govt responsible for lack of development in your community, all dis your warlord them, they been collecting money on your proxy hold them tight, I don't know why can't they just speak with one voice, u can't win any war if u people speak with different mouth

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 21, 2015
onomeglo:
Why does ijaw people like wahala like this?

Says who?
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Haywhymido(m): 6:45am On Jul 21, 2015
i pity ur silly ass.

1 Like

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:45am On Jul 21, 2015
Dem wan start to kidnap be dat. Them dey give warning indirectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by gregg2: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2015
AS
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 21, 2015
BlazeyJ:

Says who?
pls easy, don't bite me undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by omenka(m): 6:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Whenever these guys start making noise, I just think of noting but the wisdom in that article written by Ben Bruce about the imperatives of discovering oil in commercial quantity in some other far flung region from the Niger Delta.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by fr3do(m): 6:55am On Jul 21, 2015
#grabs popcorn#
Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by AnyibestDede(m): 6:58am On Jul 21, 2015
God pls dry up this oil in nigeria and let us have peace.

17 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by Dhammyjhay(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2015
where delta government won see 300b naira... Empty threat... As if the ijaws fit do anything sef...

3 Likes

Re: We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days by b3llo(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2015
Is it the Oil that is making this people act sick! I now know that some people are not happy seeing Nigerians living in peace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours / Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) / Supreme Court Discards Deposition By CSU Based On 180-Day Time Frame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.