Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – (9187 Views)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days / Mama Peace Rice: Eat And Experience Peace In Your Life [pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by emmasege: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2013
O de ri yen so o! Ibos have invested so much in the north that it is almost impossible for some of them to return home again. U need to check out the gigantic buildings owned by ibos in sabon gari, kano as well as other businesses of theirs. Truth be said, kano is nigeria's second commercial city because of the igbos. If igbos and other southerners leave kano today, their economy will so much nose-dive that the city will be reduced to a civil servant city. Come to think of it, is the s/east not commercially viable that igbos want to stay in the commercial cities of lagos, kano, abuja etc at all cost?. Can't people die to stay and work in igbo land also? I think this is a wake up call for the igbo nation to tell their leaders & youths to develop their zone commercially.
Our Yansh: Ohaneze should call their sons and daughers who are in the North to return home. If reprisal attacks start, the Ibos will suffer more. Killing suya sellers, shoemakers, security guards etc who are northerners can't be compared to the calibre of IBOs that will be killed up north.

How many Northerners have properties in the East?? But I can tell you that IBOs have lots of properties in the North. Tell your people to sell their properties, close their businesses and return home..

But the truth is‎​ even if they chose to leave the North, they will never return to AlaIgbo. Instead they'll run to the South-West or Cameroon or even Gabon. Better to die at the hands of traders than to be killed by your own kinsmen...

angry
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by jmoore(m): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Meanwhile ibos are moving freely in Yorubaland and instead of them to be grateful to the yorubas,they come to their land;shitting everywhere,commit crime and even want to rule them.

OPC should better wake up !

Everywhere is for Nigerians!!! Inferiority complex is what you are suffering from.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by waja(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2013
Reprisal attack is an evil metted on the wrong person.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Onlytruth(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2013
I appeal to umu Igbo to PLEASE ignore those baiting the usual "chicken fights" between Igbo and Yoruba.
I have declared that wasteful and irrelevant.

Both Igbo and Yoruba died in that Kano bus bombing.

Let's keep the kids where they belong -under the chair. cool

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by MrGlobe(m): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2013
I really do not pity any igbo person in the north at this time for business or other things. Everybody should go back to their regions. Nigeria is not working.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by vanstanzy(m): 9:25am On Mar 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Meanwhile ibos are moving freely in Yorubaland and instead of them to be grateful to the yorubas,they come to their land;shitting everywhere,commit crime and even want to rule them.

Yoruba defender, Grand Hater of the Igbo and other tribes, Tribal Bigot Numero uno! tongue Answer na. See the hatred u

habour is eating u up gradually and is giving u grey hairs already. Just look urself in the mirror, or borrow ur

neighbours.

U'll sure do worse than Awolowo if given the opportunity, and i know u are praying feverently for the opportunity. But

the very good thing is that u won't get it, and even if u do get it, remember this "THE IGBO TRIBE IS

INVINCIBLE and INDESTRUCTIBLE!" God Almighty has made it so, and so shall it be! grin grin grin

*IF ONLY MAN WERE GOD!*

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by dramendra: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2013
I don't support fire for fire, but it has gotten to that stage where those animals dragging Islam into mud be brought to book. This is very easy to fight, let the real muslems colabo with their visitors (both yoruba and igbo) to fight back, this will go a long way to strengthen the unity of the country and also wash the muslem religion clean.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by RealMccoy2(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2013
geeez: Well whether or not you guarantee peace in your region is not my business but don't ever for one second think you can pull out the smallest hair strand on a Yoruba man, woman, boy or girl's hair in your region and get away with it. Don't ever take our peaceful demeanor for cowardice..Be guided!
Empty drum makes the loudest sound. Fulani herdsmen have been terrorizing travelers in the neck of your wood, how many of them have you slaughtered? Igbos are been careful because their neighbors may vindicate them again.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by maclatunji: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2013
It was never Ohaneze's job to guarantee security in the South East in the first place. This statement is a great indication of how poor the people's perception of the Federal Government as the body responsible for securing lives and property in Nigeria is under GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2013
Ohaneze be warned:

You are threatening violence against suicide bombers.

Ok you tell me, what violence can you perpetrate against a man who is actively looking for death?

It is important to realiZe that this is not a pogrom. Strategic thinking is sorely needed else Somalia would be child's play compared to what will happen if you decide to go Rambo
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:39am On Mar 21, 2013
Sincerely the North hv problem. What do you expect from a man that was raised as cow? What do you expect from a region you see an extremely rich in the midst of extremely poor people? What do you expect from people that were made to believe that you can not see Allah's kingdom except they kill? What do you expect from a region where people bc of their poverty, were trained to obey command as slaves? What do you expect from a region that look forward to be ARABIAN? what do you expect from a region who believe they are born to rule bt right now they are not ruling? what do you expect from a cursed land? What do you expect from cursed people? What do you expect from the North? What do you expect? Pls, @ ibos, those few northerners you hv among you are the only few human that are left are are still human, pls dnt destroy or send them back or else, they will turn into animals too. if i may asked, what are non northerners looking for in a cursed land? What you like it or not, the land that shared blood is cursed.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2013
Ibo leaders are bunch of cowards except one, the indefatigable Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu. He is a colossus, iroko tree, a fearless ibo man, a true breed and an unrepentant no-nonsense man.
If he was still the governor of Abia state, I bet all the sultan of sokoto must have been his guest at umuahia week after the kano bombing. Don't just ask what would be the reason of his visit.

This young man 'disgraced' Obasanjo at ABA, poked his fingers at Anenih and still stood strong!

He cried out on the marginalisation of Ndigbo. OUK is the MAN
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by gbadexy(m): 9:41am On Mar 21, 2013
They deserve whatever comes there way.
Seeing the abokis around in the south, they look friendly aand nice but I've been told that is how the generally are but when there craze start you won't believe they are the same people.
These people enjoy peace in other parts and are quick to kill strangers in their midst.
Some may disagree with ♍ƺ but different group of people have certain mentality about how to treat guests because its in their culture.
The killing of southerners didn't just start under boko haram, I was told by many people who either served or stayed there that the riots and massacre usually start after their jumat prayer and after their imams may have told them God knows what.
Its in their blood to kill southerners at the slightest opportunity even if the cause is something that happened in denmark or an eclipse of the sun interpreted by them as God's displeasure even though they are more promiscuous and use drugs more than southerners with all known vices fully represented there.
If there people in the south too run home and tell them to stop killing or their emirs and imam had warned them against killing visitors in the past before the emergence of terrorism, it wouldn't have gotten to this stage.
Nobody get craze pass, there people in the south should better start screaming to their people in the north that they too have families in the land of the people they are killing.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by kokoA(m): 9:43am On Mar 21, 2013
Mr. Globe:
I really do not pity any igbo person in the north at this time for business or other things. Everybody should go back to their regions. Nigeria is not working.
shey na you go feed dia families for dem abi. You think its easy for families to just relocate without any source of income. That will only increase the level of poverty and crime in the east.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
Stop talking and start acting.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

IBOS are modern day African colonials. You need just 10 ibo men into any community to push it into urbanisation and civilisation. Bluetooth, try it and in less than 5 years a storey building will spring forth from your village.

7 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Pls if i may ask ar yorubas not living in d north?
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Onosy: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2013
shymexx: War, attacks, and counter-attacks won't solve the problem - you lot need to think critically before you start killing one another everywhere in that cesspit... Somalia and Sudan should act as a case-study - this will only lead to an endless war with all sides losing by the time you're done...

Your president has failed you and he should be held responsible for being an indecisive weakling... All he cares about is just the loot him and his cronies stay stashing somewhere safe...

Perhaps, everyone needs to go back to their respective regions and ask for a renegotiation of the union.. undecided

you and every other person typing nonsense here just because u have a keyboard...i u have ever lost a relative or a close friend in these killings going on in the north I belt u would think properly b4 u type and also u would be d 1st to carry arms but because u seem not to know wat other are going thru due to their lost, that is why u r saying all these[i] [b]reprisal will not solve it[/b[/i]]

the only thing that will stop this madness is reprisal!!! it has gone on 4 2 long for peace....only if u knw the nos of people been killed on a daily basis in d north...I belt u will weep...dont just rely on the figures they give u in the news..those are just false figures to alley fears and cool d tension

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by hardbody: 9:56am On Mar 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Arguments are to be avoided, they are often vulgar....

The guys fixing tiles in my house in the village are Youba Corpers, ditto the ones doing the POP ceilings. It is instructive that when you manage to move around the country a little, you will find out that Nigerians are everywhere, the difference is just that some are more enterprising than others and are terefore ready to forage further afar. Be guided

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Iykopee(m): 9:57am On Mar 21, 2013
if u sit in d comfort of ur bedroom and be tinking dat ur brodas werent affected in dat blast, u are still sleeping.... The igbos' have taken up the gauntlet and i admire their courage... For those mocking birds on dis forum, tell everybody dat cowardice is d reason ur people cudnt take a stand just like d igbos and In dat way, its quite understandable... To those igbos in d north, plan ur immediate vacation of that God forsaken arid zone...y'all dont need the advise of the gods on this issue. Tins r drifting apart gradually

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by COOLDUN: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: Like MASSOB Like Ohaneze. Coward partners in stupidityy

That is where you show your bigotry and idiosyncratic attitude so fast, will you ever read any news about the Igbos and behave yourself for a single minute in your life? You are a nincompoop. Learn how to behave maturely , though your utterances shows you are a kid or educated illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by RealMccoy2(m): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2013
In other news, Aboki apologist down south are co signing Amnesty for Boko Haram members. Nigeria is drifting apart and I hope this happens before 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by odogwux(m): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2013
geeez: Well whether or not you guarantee peace in your region is not my business but don't ever for one second think you can pull out the smallest hair strand on a Yoruba man, woman, boy or girl's hair in your region and get away with it. Don't ever take our peaceful demeanor for cowardice..Be guided!

Sickening attention seeker. I spit on u
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by mimifonwon(f): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu:

The slaves cant do without their masters

Thanks for confirming it again

Following in the footsteps of their masters

You are unlearned, if history, infact world history will teach you anything about the igbos, it is that they are so stubborn they would rather commit suicide , than to be controlled by another human as slaves, if you have time read atlantic slave documents from the americas to europe. I respect their tenacity, but what ohaneze has said here i kinda understand, " a person can only take so much beating before he or she carries their revenge, it is human nature, and unfortunately the blood of the youths are hot and the land is angry, their ancestors are angry, so they must appease it, whether by law or blood, i hope its by law"...- my grandma's quote. Unfortunately nigeria has till 2015, this polygamous marriage must end before babaginda's daughter marries her fourth husband and divorce him.... smiley

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by mu2sa2: 10:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Hypocrisy at its worst. Are they saying they only guarantee violence? But violence in the east against few hausas their will be unwise becos it will provoke counter reaction in the north where millions of igbo are earning their livelihood. The kano bombing took innocent lives including hausa and igbos, muslims and xtians - ethnicising the casuality is most uncharitable. Fg should takle security challenges facing the country more seriously - that`s the only way forward.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 21, 2013
Clerverly:

So so on point! Look I am a thorough-bred-Igbo man, but when it comes to Nigerian politics we dont cut it and with the present kind of leaders we are unfortunate to be bestowed on by the products of corruption from the centre, We would never be there, at least for the foreseeable future. It pains and my heart bleeds for the so called youth from my place cos it seems, we have not learned anything from the misdeeds of these Abuja contractors, who are only interested in what comes to their family and lineage without giving a damn what their people intends to benefit. The same set of people would come back and play the ethnic card when they are being outsmarted in their vainglory in Abuja. Surprising, the youth of the Igbos who are "assumed" to be intelligent enough to decipher when deceit is being played, would be the first to buy that and start playing the victims. My Igbo brothers and sisters on this forum, can we ask ourselves these probing questions below and try to reflect on them before we decide where to pitch our tent in 2015;

Why do the Igbo always support any government in power (Shagari, Babangida, Abacha, OBJ,Yardua and GEJ, I stand to be corrected on these)?

Why are the Igbos only remembered during electioneering periods?

Why do we have the worst road network in whole of the country and yet we have supported any Government that had ruled?

Why did we allow PDP to rig these characters into the helm-of-affairs in our respective states notably Elechi and T A Orji?

What is our stand or the so -called stick and carrot approach in 2015?

What has the present government at the center done for us to warrant us supporting it in 2015.

Ndi Ibe Anyi E keleem unu, Ka Udo Chia!!!

10000 likes
At last a very truthful, reasonable and intelligent ibo poster on NL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja / Osinbajo Insulted By El Rufai, Walks Out On President Buhari / NNPC Raises Import As Kaduna, P'harcourt Refineries Remain Shut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.