Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> (59601 Views)

Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined.

hallmarks of a dubious organization

not much different from the twats at alaba who sell you defective goods and insist on exchange rather than refund

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by missimostate: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
[size=24pt]Buy from your local shop where the seller will also earn a living.

Jumia is foreigners trying to kill Nigerian retail industry which is a baby itself.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Fogman(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
OP, a little more patient will solve the issue. Refund is not as quick as you expect, it goes through due process to avoid mistake. I am a supplier to most of this online shops and my experience with mocality was not palatable, had to wait for over 2 months after they have sold out product i supplied to them to get paid. Good luck
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
carr96:

I always do my online shopping with JUMIA and KONGA but I engage in payment on delivery!
yah dats wat i do too.. D
e-payment thing does not appeal to me.. 'cept
e-bay tho..

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by angelz(f): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
It has been like that with JUMIA since they started. Infact they will insist you take somethin else with similar amount with ur initial request. givin u d impression that they may not refund your mony. Wen l had similar experience with them and met with folks who also xperience same ugly episode with Jumia, l got the impression that most times, those stuff u requested for are either not available or they tot they can get it within a short time. n when they couldnt deliver, they find it difficult to refund.
l think we shuld insist on payin at the point of deliver. Probably with cheque for their safety.

5 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by scarphase(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jumia!!!!!!!!!!hell no !had a horrible experience with them,it took them three weeks to refund a colleague after selling a faulty gadget to her!I can count atleast 3 pple that have experienced similar issue!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by DANILSA(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
BROS PARK WELL JOO angry ARE YOU A LEARNER OR A MUGU? WHY SHOULD YOU PAY IN ADVANCE WHEN YOU CAN PAY ON DELIVERY. I HAVE DONE A NUMBER OF DEALS WITH JUMIA INCLUDING MY PRESENT S3 AND I HAD NO ISSUE WITH ANY OF THEM.I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST SO FAR. PAY ON DELIVERY AND REJECT IF UNSATISFIED. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jpassion987: 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
What your order number ,cos I have a friend that can help you out
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ive never had refund issue with them before. All my orders are payment on delivery
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by chukxie(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
cashmentor: could have easily ordered it from China, i guess.... Coz most of their orders are from there too, same with Konga....... No offence Bro.

You'd be amazed how many Made-in or Assembled-in- China stuff you have. The problem isn't about the quality of the product or where it's coming from but rather it's about the integrity of the company in question .
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mitchyy(f): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.
I have some friends who have used Jumia and it has been one complaint or the other. I think they need to step up. My colleague got a dress and it was damaged. The issue wasn't resolved. That's why i prefer Konga. If you must use Jumia, then pls use the pay on delivery option otherwise you're in soup
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mjay(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
jpassion987: What your order number ,cos I have a friend that can help you out

My order number is..
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ad84ada(m): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
I find it hard to believe you. Jumia does pay on delivery.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by bunchyproject(m): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?
maybe its a medicinal tablet

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Giftedgreen: 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.
Let your 5 days be 5 days. If i your words cant be trusted, how do you expect me to trust you with my money
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by a1solution: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jumia really have money for advert.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Sammiejokes(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
this same story happened to me on Valentines day, they almost spoilt my day but guy had plan B. what I did was to send an e-mail, subject Refund with order number,stating my Bank account details and after 5working days they refunded me. just give then close marking,they have poor customer relation though I must confess.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by sammynaijaguy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
vosquare:

nigeria cnt b trusted...tank God i no buy enitin
i beg to differ i have bought so many things from dealdey 2 konga and jumia dey will refund you wink
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mjay(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
ad84ada: I find it hard to believe you. Jumia does pay on delivery.

Incidentally and unfortunately too, am not asking YOU to believe me. You have a limited understanding of the issue on ground. Am simply asking JUMIA to refund my money.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Giftedgreen: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay:

JUMIA REFUND MY MONEY O0000

Shout am again, them no hear you
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by uzy4toniayahoo: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Y go online when u can walk in2 any shop of ur choice 2 purchase d said item. My opinion though8-)
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by FXKing2012(m): 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?

Let us know if you are not refunded after 7 working days. By the time we tag them scammers and fraudsters they will come begging you to accept the refund and delete the thread.

Theirs is an online business so it's very easy to destroy them by destroying their reputation online. Trust me they will refund you with interest by the time we get started with them.

4 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by coldgate(f): 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
What is a tablet? And why is it that costly? How elevated is ur sickness? Are Jumia staffs sick too? If yes, must you me the one to boy them tablets?
[/quote]
OP is referring to Paracetamol.[img][/img] grin[b][/b]
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?

JUMIA is not a reliable eCommerce company, I have similar experience with them. I order a webcam and paid N13400 online since February 27, 2013 only for them to call me three days later that the webcam is not in stocks, they i should order a new product and pay the extra. I told them to cancel the order and refund me. Ever since then, it has been one story from the other and up to this moment i have not hear from them.

My Solutions: I have to call my bank yesterday lodge in a complain about the transaction and my bank has assure me of speed resolutions "Refund" before friday.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by olamie1906: 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dont mind the jumia, it is written on their site dat ur product will be delivered in 1-3days but it is actually 3-7 days. My friends ordered for a product and dey said dey'll deliver it 6days after order. Well, he never take it lively with them on phone and dey later delivered within 2days. My colleagues in d office r complaining too, no one uses jumia in my office again.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ibkgab001: 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Panadol extra
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ceejay80s(m): 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?

ebamma: Panadol tablet
Na only HIV TABLET fit cost reach like dat !!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by tjskii(f): 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hian o,just made some orders with them online,but I opted for d payment on delivery option(thank God)I no fit shout,
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
tjskii: Hian o,just made some orders with them online,but I opted for d payment on delivery option(thank God)I no fit shout,
I join you in not fit shouting too...lol.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2013

You sound unreasonable with your comment, that the OP should wait for at-least a month for a refund, you are definitely a bad PR representative. How those refund become the responsibility of the financial institution, when the process of refund start with Jumia by initializing a refund request from their E-payment channel portal.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Tochi4life: 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
I've bought some things from Konga sha, and it arrived the next day. The thing is to call first and make sure they have it in stock and secondly your Location. I stay in the Island while there ofice(Konga) is in Ikeja I thiink but I received my order the following day. Never tried Jumia tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda's Outfit To "DARK" Premiere / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.