Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> (59568 Views)

Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
These Jumia pple are so funny.

its written all over their site that delivery is free within lagos.

i try to order, on checkout theres a ₦500 charge for delivery. grin grin grin grin

anyways, i guess the payment on delivery option is the way forward
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by MeGaStReEt: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month[size=11pt][/size] before calling them 'FRAUD'.

ARE YOU FREEKING SERIOUS??
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ToniaLee(f): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
THREAD CLOSED.....
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
Am a regular buyer from Jumia & Konga on several occasions.
In fact their 1-5working day doesn't apply to me cos if i purchase anything from them, it doesn't take 48hrs before i get it.
One thing i don is pay on delivery which i dont mind. I have never had any course to return any item cos i ensure i check very well before i buy.
Like some pple said mayb d products aint available, i dont think its true cos if a product is not available again, its right dre dat it is not available again.
For me, i have not had any terrible experience and i dont pray to have.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
Guys!
Online retail biz in nigeria is a scam

Go to the market to see the products for yourself and bargain

I have never trusted jumia and never will

Ripoffs
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by awesomet1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
[size=18pt]I have had a VERY UGLY experience with this Jumia people...if you are planning to patronize them, I advice you to think otherwise.[/size]
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by slagadoo: 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
From Sabunta to Kasuwa, From Kasuwa to Jumia. this is really insane.

It is time we create a facebook page where people can lodge thier complaints.
Most of their adverts and customers are on facebook.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by sobastical: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
ebamma: Panadol tablet

No be only panadol, na panasharp ni...I've told you that whenever u want drink take am with milk. Haba!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by blank(f): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
I have shared my own experience with them before on Nairaland. Never again. My colleague saw this thread and told me her own experience.

She bought a taster (pay on delivery). The taster arrived and she didnt bother checking it. She got home and the thing was in pieces (now i know it is China product). She called them and asked for a replacement (bad move). They collected it and replaced it. THe superisor called back and said that she did it to the toaster as in she destroyed it and sent it back. that if she had seen it before, she won't have accepted it. She hung up on the rep.

Now, her otaster has packed up and this is just 3 weeks later.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?

U seriously need to ask Google that mindless question..... If u can't contribute can't u just save your breath for something else??
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by kanor: 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Why are people here trying to rubbish the reputation of pioneering online e-commerce venture, because of a simple refund that can easily be done in no time, and which have been done already.

Physical Shops? the igbo man selling electronics NEVER refunds money! FAKE GOOD?, u find them everywhere in physical shops. I see a lot of bad belle people here-may be competitors capitalizing on this to make silly comments.

Give the Jumia guys some breath joor. Some guys here are so blind calling them calling them names.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
kanor: [s]Why are people here trying to rubbish the reputation of pioneering online e-commerce venture, because of a simple refund that can easily be done in no time, and which have been done already.
[/s]
[s]Physical Shops? the igbo man selling electronics NEVER refunds money! FAKE GOOD?, u find them everywhere in physical shops. I see a lot of bad belle people here-may be competitors capitalizing on this to make silly comments.[/s]

[s]Give the Jumia guys some breath joor. Some guys here are so blind calling them calling them names.[/s]

OP, your post above is just a waste of space and bandwidth, so your background as a promoter of eCommerce is to give excuse for poor services delivery abi... so stating fact d ways it happen or sharing experiences is rubbishing their reputation. What we are doing for them (Jumia) is to make them improve their services unlike you that is not ready to tell them the truth.

5 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by francis247(m): 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Br3nd4: yah dats wat i do too.. D
e-payment thing does not appeal to me.. 'cept
e-bay tho..
Does e-bay truly deliver? can they deliver 2 Abuja?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jossyme: 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: [b][/b]JUMIA DON PAY MY MONEY OOOOOO. THANK YOU NAIRALAND, AM VERY GRATEFUL. I HAVE SIX MISSED CALLS FROM THEM AFTER I OPENED THE THREAD, THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE PROCESSING IT NOW NOW. IN SHORT MY ALERT DON RING. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SOLIDARITY. NIGERIA SHALL BE BETTER STILL. BUY FROM JUMIA BUT BETTER STILL CHOOSE THE OPTION TO PAY ON DELIVERY. CASE RESOLVED.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?

SORRY ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE

I HAD A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE ENTIRELY. I PLACED ORDER FOR MY NOTE 2 IN JANUARY ,AND GOT IT DELIVERED TO ME IN YOLA TWO DAYS AFTER! I WAS SO SURPRISED. THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS COOL..... AND THE BEASTIE PHABLET IS RUNNING COOL TOO.

I think you should have been patient with them.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by bizprowess1(f): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
have you tried going to their warehouse? its in ikeja. no 2, olayiwola str, off billings way, oregun ikeja.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
jossyme:

I HAD A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE ENTIRELY. I PLACED ORDER FOR MY NOTE 2 IN JANUARY ,AND GOT IT DELIVERED TO ME IN YOLA TWO DAYS AFTER! I WAS SO SURPRISED. THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS COOL..... AND THE BEASTIE PHABLET IS RUNNING COOL TOO.

Your experience will change when they deal with you
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
jossyme:

What is the mode of the delivery, if I may ask?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by TableLeg(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
big-t:

now thats better, i can now take it as a complement!!

it is compliment .... Fuc...king dunce!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by xreal: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
.... they can sabi advertise! no be small.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Boyoorisha: 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Next time, pay on delivery!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
jt2010:

Sister, not having a physical store does not make them scam, its a business model that has been use and proven to work. Amazon business model is base on this also and we all can agree that Amazon is a success and they keep to what they advertise unlike this fraudsters called

Amazon has physical logistics centers scattered around
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
beemix:

I have never bought anything on any Nigerian online shopping site before cause to be frank,an still trying to come to terms with its reliability and avoid my account being compromised. However due to my banking experience in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. 1-5 days rightly means 1-5 Working days where Saturday and Sunday doesn't count. This 1-5 working days is the period it takes them to process your refund to your bank (account). Them your bank takes about a week or more to process it to reflect in your account. I worked in a Bank in the UK and shop every time online ; its thesame everywhere:amazon, monsoon, next, hawe and Curtis, Dorothy Perkins, little woods etc. Initially when I started shopping online i get very agitated not seeing my money within 5working days until they calling and they kept advising me to contact my bank. Minewhile there is little your bank can do cause its still in transit. However it always shows up @ d end. It may take 2weeks, 1week or 3weeks. I think there's, is to process it with 3-5 working days while it's the banks responsiblity to reflect it ASAP but due to the large volumes of wired moneys every especially online,it's takes longer to clear (just like a cheque been paid in) However, in jumais case. I suggest they might be in the same pattern and mode of operation nevertheless I still advise you follow up to ascertain some clarity on it.Lot of online call center staffs are also ill-experienced in explaining this to you in details. Like I said,have never shopped on their site to know how reliable. I hope this helps. Cheers.

The funds are taken from your card and put in holding pending when the retailer makes the request for it
If you cancel the order in sufficient time or the vendor cannot fulfill the order, they will inform the bank to return the funds
All they need to do is activate a refund request and the bank will return the funds back
My experience with online stores in the UK - they refund you in 3 days

The issue here is about business reliability and integrity

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
awesome_t: [size=18pt]I have had a VERY UGLY experience with this Jumia people...if you are planning to patronize them, I advice you to think otherwise.[/size]

Liar,Jumia always deliver
u must be from Konga or one of those dead websites,make cos Jumia is on top,up your game and dont give a dog a bad name to hang it
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
MeGaStReEt:

ARE YOU FREEKING SERIOUS??

One month is ok na.. check out some scammers have withheld money from clients for years on this same NL
Go to the scammers thread
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by biolabee(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
bizprowess1: have you tried going to their warehouse? its in ikeja. no 2, olayiwola str, off billings way, oregun ikeja.

Why does he have to their ware house

People should have never have to go to any physical location except you choose Delivery Instore - Next
Or you want to return a defective item

Until we appreciate that a good business reputation is better than short term gains
E - Biz can never pick up
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by antontech(m): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
With all their adverts.nawaoo
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by luluosas(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Well, my supervisor in the office do buy things from them without any problems at all. In fact, he started shopping with them when they were Kasua.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by dre44k(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
My brother made an order of blackberry playbook with an option of pay on delivery and they delivered after 3 days @ our door step. So I tink pay on delivery is cool...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by surveycash(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
@post...We should not be quick to judge people though Jumia too share a large portion of the blame for I see no reason why refunds were not made in time.

melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?

There are lots of unbranded tablets you can get for less than that amount. Personally, I have sold tablets of N15,000 2 years ago. That is the beauty of android. You can cut your cloth according to your size.

You can refer to my post on ""How to know the right tablet to buy" by checking my profile. If you still need help in choosing one, feel free to contact me.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by oluseyiabodunde: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Seriously, I don't know why dere is a huge buzz about dis issue. There are 3 modes of payment in jumia, web pay, cash on delivery and bank payment. Every logical person in Nigeria who understands that e commerce is very new in our country will opt for the cash on delivery option. Which is safer for both the buyer and jumia. I always choose cash on delivery because I can verify my goods b4 paying. Even d delivery men come along with pos machine 4 those who don't carry raw cash around.
PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELVES B4 GOING VIRAL
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by funmemezy: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jumia jumia jumia
I canneva partoniz any gud frm dEm again cos dey don't protect d integrity of demselvz let alon ther customers. I orderd for Electric hot plate and they poked me lik three tims,tank God I dint order online,but I do order on delivery,I bougt shoes,clippers,wata heater,on delivery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda's Outfit To "DARK" Premiere / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.