Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> (59581 Views)

Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by tjskii(f): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay:

My order number is.. 42
Pallly remove dat ur order numba sharply,with it,anyone can impersonate you and get ur goods or ur refund,mods if ure ther help him delete dt num

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Booty4me: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
lol those jumia people dey do advert die grin
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Vanessy(f): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
JUMIA ARE the No 1 Online thieves we Have in this Country. They are ripping Nigerians off Big time. Do you know
that most of the items they Claim to sell, they dont have them in stock. Their products are so expensive and substandard.
And their poor delivery services and customer relationship.

Can u imagine, They dont have a physical store or shop where people could come see for themselves what they sell
If u ask them on their facebook page where their shop or physical store is, they would tell u that they dont have physical shop,
that u simply order and get it deliver to your doorstep. Is that not a Scam?

@ the poster, you are not the only one they have done this to, we have so Ngerians with so many complaints about their
Fraudulent activities.

just that most of them are not aware that they could use Platform like Nairaland to express their Complaint to public.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
Vanessy: JUMIA ARE the No 1 Online thieves we Have in this Country. They are ripping Nigerians off Big time. Do you know
that most of the items they Claim to sell, they dont have them in stock. Their products are so expensive and substandard.
And their poor delivery services and customer relationship.

Can u imagine, They dont have a physical store or shop where people could come see for themselves what they sell
If u ask them on their facebook page where their shop or physical store is, they would tell u that they dont have physical shop,
that u simply order and get it deliver to your doorstep. Is that not a Scam?

@ the poster, you are not the only one they have done this to, we have so Ngerians with so many complaints about their
Fraudulent activities.

Sister, not having a physical store does not make them scam, its a business model that has been use and proven to work. Amazon business model is base on this also and we all can agree that Amazon is a success and they keep to what they advertise unlike this fraudsters called

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ceejay80s(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
I no go ever buy from dem, its like they use trick to steal from u guys, this is how it works, they put an item they dont have online and when u pay for it, they will tell u its out of stock and that u should pick some thing else, i have gone thru post here and 5 nairalanders don talk same thing about dem, which leaves me no option but never to have anything to do with dem and to make things worse,i will tell everybody i know
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Mboi: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Don't they have physicall office? You would've asked them to bring it for you to pay on delivery.
Just relax, you'll get your money, it's just that it doesn't suppose to take them this long to make a refund.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by georgee(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Was just thinking of buying HP Compaq laptop from them. Pay on delivery though. With wat am reading hia, wont go ahead wit them again. Pls who knws any HP office in lagos or if LG sells HP or other products' laptops?

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by skibochi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
When Jumia first started out with one name like that, i ordered this Iphone ear piece and it took them 7 days to deliver meanwhile on the site, it said 2-3 days, thank God i opted for pay on delivery and as i am typing this sef, the darn thing has stopped working. This guys played me one chance.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by kanor: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
@Poster, if they promised to refund you why not contact them directly and get the refund? instead of coming here to post bad comments. It is up to 30 days? Some organizations have internal procedures/timing for initiating a refund.

There are guys here asking people to go to physical shop to buy- seems we still have some guys living/thinking lagged 50 yrs!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by sleek2011: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
i also have similar experience, i place order with them for two items with promise of delivery within 1-3 days which take two weeks before the delivery finally arrive. guys i will recommend dressrite.biz, laurensonline.com which deliver on schedule. my experience with jumia.com is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
rule number 1 in 9ja is never pay for wat u havent seen. 99 times out of 100 u will be ripped off. even if u have to pay a little more, buy it whr u are. at least its thr in front of u
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Emekamex(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
I am having the same issue. I paid for a laptop 2weeks ago and till now, I hav'nt gotten it. I called them and they said it is out of stock. Dont really know what to do again.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by rodeo0070(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
Your money will be refunded. I've had the same experience. Just be patient...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
kanor: @Poster, if they promised to refund you why not contact them directly and get the refund? instead of coming here to post bad comments. It is up to 30 days? Some organizations have internal procedures/timing for initiating a refund.

There are guys here asking people to go to physical shop to buy- seems we still have some guys living/thinking lagged 50 yrs!

What rubbish are u saying? If they can advertise their supposed "awesomeness" to us on almost every site we log in to in Nigeria then we can also advertise their lack of integrity on Nairaland. I wanted to order a fone from them at one time. Thank God I went to slots.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by beemix: 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?

I have never bought anything on any Nigerian online shopping site before cause to be frank,an still trying to come to terms with its reliability and avoid my account being compromised. However due to my banking experience in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. 1-5 days rightly means 1-5 Working days where Saturday and Sunday doesn't count. This 1-5 working days is the period it takes them to process your refund to your bank (account). Them your bank takes about a week or more to process it to reflect in your account. I worked in a Bank in the UK and shop every time online ; its thesame everywhere:amazon, monsoon, next, hawe and Curtis, Dorothy Perkins, little woods etc. Initially when I started shopping online i get very agitated not seeing my money within 5working days until they calling and they kept advising me to contact my bank. Minewhile there is little your bank can do cause its still in transit. However it always shows up @ d end. It may take 2weeks, 1week or 3weeks. I think there's, is to process it with 3-5 working days while it's the banks responsiblity to reflect it ASAP but due to the large volumes of wired moneys every especially online,it's takes longer to clear (just like a cheque been paid in) However, in jumais case. I suggest they might be in the same pattern and mode of operation nevertheless I still advise you follow up to ascertain some clarity on it.Lot of online call center staffs are also ill-experienced in explaining this to you in details. Like [color=#000099][/color]I said,have never shopped on their site to know how reliable. I hope this helps. Cheers.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jt2010: 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
kanor: @Poster, if they promised to refund you why not contact them directly and get the refund? instead of coming here to post bad comments. It is up to 30 days? Some organizations have internal procedures/timing for initiating a refund.

30 days internal procedures/timing even after they (Jumia)have fail to delivery to the customer base on their promise and email of refund of 3-5 days. embarassed undecided
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Vanessy(f): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
jt2010:

Sister, not having a physical store does not make them scam, its a business model that has been use and proven to work. Amazon business model is base on this also and we all can agree that Amazon is a success and they keep to what they advertise unlike this fraudsters called

I understand, but not in this country where everything resolve around corruption and fraud. Dealdey has a phyical store at awolowo road ikoyi.
where people come to pay and pick up their order if they dont want online transaction.

jumia is really a BiG deception. they advertise with with beautiful banners and graphics, inorder to collect peoples money without giving
them value and satifaction.

if the poster goes to their facebook page to complain about this, they will quickly delete his post.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Serves you right tongue

When I advertised that you nairaland people should buy tablets from me directly without any worries or hassles, una talk say I too like money. ntoogi tongue

Your money don enter voicemail.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nautillus(m): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Guy....

you don enter am oh....

i ordered electronics from them too....paid a 20k deposit...they didnt have it to deliver...told them to return my money

guy...it took 3 weeks plus...i spent over 3k calling them daily. sent multiple emails...for where...

i had to call and scream on the customer care girl(poor chic...looking for her own garri) before the öyinbo" now collected the phone. after yabing her and promising to instigate a lawsuit against them...they returned my money sharp sharp the next day.

JUMIA is a failed project. Good idea, YES...but Horrible management will kill the business.

if you have the time, go to thier office in lekki and cause a scene. or load credit...call and insist on speaking to a supervisor.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Oshiite: 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.
dont be insensitive here,if he must wait for one month,then they should be magnanimous enough to tell hm dat wt deep apology u should stop encouraging fraudsters
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by KINGwax(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?
chloroquine!!!
I bet 26k is too much for dt sef

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Emekamex(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
They also have a poor security online payment system. I used my card on their site and found out later that someone tried to use the details I provided to make online payment also. My account got blocked after that, I am still trying to resolve the issue till now.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mjay(m): 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
JUMIA DON PAY MY MONEY OOOOOO. THANK YOU NAIRALAND, AM VERY GRATEFUL. I HAVE SIX MISSED CALLS FROM THEM AFTER I OPENED THE THREAD, THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE PROCESSING IT NOW NOW. IN SHORT MY ALERT DON RING. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SOLIDARITY. NIGERIA SHALL BE BETTER STILL. BUY FROM JUMIA BUT BETTER STILL CHOOSE THE OPTION TO PAY ON DELIVERY. CASE RESOLVED.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jasper7(m): 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?
Am I the only one seeing this or has the OP made a major blunder. you said it took them 3days to call you back and tell you about the unavailability of the product. and you also said, between the time you requested for payment and now is more than 8days. Let me just assume it's 8days. 8days + 3days is 11days. and the transaction started on 11th march. so... it means today is 22march (which it is not). Quick question oga OP. where did the extra day surface from. or am I reading this from the future?

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by AkinDavid2: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
Online business and payment system is still developing in Nigeria, sorry for your ordeal but it is expected since the process requires authorization from the company's officers.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mikron(m): 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
i also ordered some goods from aliexpress and the dealer later sent me an email that the good is no longer available but that i can choose something else or a refund will be effected if i want. i askd for the refund and i was told it will take up to 7-10 working days. that was 2 weeks ago. im still waiting. i just hope i get my money back
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by matson: 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
I have made purchases from them a few times and they always delivered, even though some of my payment method is on delivery. Though not refunding you within the refund period is wrong, I don't think jumia.com should be tagged fraudulent.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by slagadoo: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: JUMIA DON PAY MY MONEY OOOOOO. THANK YOU NAIRALAND, AM VERY GRATEFUL. I HAVE SIX MISSED CALLS FROM THEM AFTER I OPENED THE THREAD, THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE PROCESSING IT NOW NOW. IN SHORT MY ALERT DON RING. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SOLIDARITY. NIGERIA SHALL BE BETTER STILL. BUY FROM JUMIA BUT BETTER STILL CHOOSE THE OPTION TO PAY ON DELIVERY. CASE RESOLVED.

I guess They paid u sharply, So that u dont expose their Yansh. So many of their staffs are on Nairaland, reading people's comments on this thread
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by deols(f): 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.

They should not have told him a timing they can not meet.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by dckng16(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
I am Begining to Doubt Jumia.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by tojj: 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
he be like say na you be jumia,how can they say 1-5days and the guy don wait 8days and you say they are not fraudulent,so pls give a better adjective to qualify them then
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by obowunmi(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
Kudos to the OP. Don't ever keep quiet or be bullied into silence by anyone esp. corporations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda's Outfit To "DARK" Premiere / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.