Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Qur’an – The Centripetal Force - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force (11325 Views)

Effects Of Reciting The Qur’an In Comparison To Music / Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an / The Blood Qur’an – Written With The Blood Of Saddam Hussein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by killuminati(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Na wa oh! Bloody christians and pagan have invaded this thread with their hatred oh. May allah deliver you guys, amin!
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ayishatreal: What is our problem in this forum? Why do people find it easy to insult Allah, the Prophets and the Holy book whenever there is a post about Islam Is it only Muslims that perpetrate all these evil acts

Where do you find Muslims commenting on Xtian posts not to talk of insulting xtians. Yet, you call us all sort of names without you thinking about your atitudes toward us.

For your information, Allah has perfected Islam as the true religion, no amount of your insults will change that. Beware and desist from this act before Allah's wrath decend on you.

For your education and hopefully liberation.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Capnd143(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
tbaba1234: Can anyone show me the '72 virgins' in the Quran?

People spilling ignorance. smh!!
go ask your boko brethens in Allahs name!
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
uplawal: @Maclatunji,Asalamu alaykum,pls you need to ban the person that posted that offensive diagram.

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by 1shortblackboy: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
numerical_guy:

A few bad eggs does not mean everyone is bad.. Going by your twisted analysis, it means you are a ritualist, after all there are ritualists in Nigeria, but does that make every Nigerian a ritualist?
Psswwww! Ode.
ok sir can u please clear this once and for all for me seeing I'm not a muslim. What does ur quoran say abt jihad what does what does it say abt non muslims what does it say abt people practicing other religions in muslim lands cause that's the issue that borders non muslims

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by laliciouz: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
praise be to Allah lord of the world........He ALONE we worship anh He Alone we asked for Help.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by alinummi: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
( ALLAH ) thanks for giving me a part in islam ,for give those that miss understand d word islam,
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
For your own education and salvation (hopefully):
http://www.islamreligion.com/
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by laliciouz: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
praise be to Allah lord of the world........He ALONE we worship and He Alone we asked for Help.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
tbaba1234: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force
By Mehreen Omer

Life has always been a mystery for me; it is an enigma perhaps no one can solve. But one thing that I’ve been able to discern from my life is that the Qur’an keeps your life in order. The longer and the further you go away from it, the greater the chance of your life going out of control. The Qur’an is that very centripetal force that prevents us from delving into total chaos.

And I say that out of experience. Time and time again, someone was trying to teach me a lesson; someone was telling me beware. And time and time again, I tried to keep my heart shut to any advice. I was warned several times, and I still ignored. I was told by my conscience to keep reading and understanding the Qur’an, but I was too busy to believe it was such a big priority.

Ever since my dad passed away, everything completely changed. All my relationships and friendships became superficial – or perhaps I became too cynical to call them any better. Trying to struggle in this world and fighting out your way all alone is something that supposedly makes hero. It made me a monster.

If there was anything that consoled me during my hardest of times, it was the Qur’an. It gave life to a despairing heart – literally. When I look back at how I managed to keep calm during the first few months after I lost my dad, I realize it was nothing more than my closeness to the Qur’an and understanding through it that this life is temporary.

But then this world overpowered me – I wanted to be successful and make lots of money so that I could keep my family happy – a family that had no son to do the job. I started pushing people away, becoming irritated at the slightest of disturbances. I thought being rude to people was justified given my predicament. It wasn’t. I left reading the Qur’an as I became too busy in my studies and other work. I started leaving my prayers for the first time in my life.

Reality set in when I realized how lonely I’d become. I had no one to rely on to. This paved the way for despair – there was a time when I asked Allah to just take my life, since I found nothing in this life worth living for. But I couldn’t die; I had done so many bad deeds that I had to make up for. Life soon became a torture, I cannot even explain to myself.

As I write this article, I see the Qur’an right next to me waiting for me to open it. How many times has Allah (swt) explained in the Qur’an that everything will perish, except His Majesty? How many times has Allah (swt) told us not to get too much attached to this world because it is a mirage that only disappoints you if you try to make it your final destination? How many times has Allah (swt) spoken directly to my heart and told me to come back to the friend who never leaves? What in the world would make me realize that the reason for my sadness is not the tragedy of life itself, but my abandonment of the Qur’an?

Because no matter how hard we try for the pursuit of happiness, the only thing that will give us so is its true source.

“Only in remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace.” (Qur’an 13:28)

Perhaps before falling in to despair, we should think if we have tried all doors. Because maybe, the only door we have not tried is the one that was there right in front of our eyes all the time.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/quran/quran-the-centripetal-force/
k, won't comment since I'l b banned.

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by hussyhassy: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
wazobia_for_u: I love reading the Quran and i do often but some part always make me scare

Hellfire,torment,punishment is just too much in some verses that i am becoming stuborn to be thinking that life is a game between satan and God and while we the game tiles ..... I hate to be living my life on the fear of torment and hellfire, i do good because God command us to do good not for a reward,why treathing of torment,gnashing of teeth

May God help me sha
then change to christain.case closed
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Sormeh: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
1 shortblackboy: u don't know why ? I'll tell u why ; out of 52 catholic churches in bornu only 2 remaining. Bomb blast in sabon gari motor park kano, a lot of southern christians dead, I could go on. And u say u respect other peoples religion ? Make I hear word
First, no religion preaches murder. For BH to kill and hide under pseudo- Islamic doctrines should prove to everyone with average IQ dat their act is grossly un-Islamic and unreligious inspite of constant dissociation of Muslims on dis forum towards such barbaric act.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
numerical_guy:

So much hatred, I don't know why.. We Muslims are taught to respect other people's religions.
ok
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Geewan(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
jerseyboy:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/women.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

This should quench your ignorance (hopefully)
[That] indeed, the Qur'an is the word of a noble Messenger. And it is not the word of a poet; little do you believe. Nor the word of a soothsayer; little do you remember. [It is] a revelation from the Lord of the worlds - The Noble Qur’an 69: 40-43.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by AmeerahFKI(f): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
May The Almighty ALLAH help us all. Aameen

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by basty: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
abubello:

For your own education and salvation (hopefully):
http://www.islamreligion.com/

The link could be IED

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by topmostg: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sormeh:
First, no religion preaches murder. For BH to kill and hide under pseudo- Islamic doctrines should prove to everyone with average IQ dat their act is grossly un-Islamic and unreligious inspite of constant dissociation of Muslims on dis forum towards such barbaric act.
more grease to your elbow sir.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ayishatreal: @ moderators, if there is anything you can do from stoping this jobless people from posting insultive comments on Muslim blogs again, pls do cos this is getin out of hands.
i think what these infidels want is dat u muslims should park out from nairaland maybe open ur forum so dat wen I type www.islamland.com, I'l be seeing all dz dem t.baba, egghead and deols post. Mayb cos of wat our so called brothers the bokos hav being doin hav instigated so much hate from we infidels that they the infidels now see us as being bad practising islam which I personally know it teaches us love and peace as our brothers over the north have shown us. Insha allah
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Sormeh: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
We should be objective enough to judge dat Muslims truly hv displayed a high sense of civility on dis forum. That's one of d signs of a good Muslim as against some sponsored politics-inclined fighting elements posing as Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by OlaAjia(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
martin1772: Stay glue to ur quran and learn how to make bombs and explosives. Martial encyclopedia

Haha...you're funny.
If the Qur'an really did teach how to make bombs and explosives, Muslim countries should be the highest grossing countries of all weapon exporters.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by deols(f): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
Paschal007: #Yawns. Stopped reading after the 1st paragraph. A lot of people or societies don't read your quran and their lives are not in chaos. In fact most communities that doesn't read that book are more saner than Muslims that do. Isn't that such an irony? embarassed grin Next

You wont know what that feels like until you've been there.

You should have seen how I felt after reading suratul kahf today.

May Allah open your heart to the truth.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by mckemsoc(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
numerical_guy:

A few bad eggs does not mean everyone is bad.. Going by your twisted analysis, it means you are a ritualist, after all there are ritualists in Nigeria, but does that make every Nigerian a ritualist?
Psswwww! Ode.
A few bad egg u call it? Ok... If all oda Religious group in d whole World were 2 hav such a "few bad eggs" who are ever ready 2 chop off a muslims head & burn down ur places of worship @ any slightest provocation, do u think u guys would b able 2 tolerate it?

3 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by greygoblings(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
What about the part that says that you should not spare the necks of christians and jews from the sword. Is that not what the boko haram follows. I have one of your holy books and can see it myself. How can this be a point to life?
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by deols(f): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Capnd143: yes it does oh!
Some quotes from the Koran:
fight everyone in the way of allah and kill everyone in the way of allah
-ibn ishaq 992.
Mohammed cut off feet to make men lame.
-bukhari 8.794
mohammed forced ibn his son to divorce his beautiful wife for him to f.uck.
-surah 33: 37-50
Allah says all black people must go to hell that he hates blacks too much.
-surah 70:21 and surah 70:100
islam the religion of -(peace)-

Did you read those and found them there?

Did your religion preach against lying at all?

3 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by deols(f): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
mckemsoc: A few bad egg u call it? Ok... If all oda Religious group in d whole World were 2 hav such a "few bad eggs" who are ever ready 2 chop off a muslims head & burn down ur places of worship @ any slightest provocation, do u think u guys would b able 2 tolerate it?

We wont like that but we wont be what the lot of you have become either.

For a start, we will not for any reason insult people of other religions and what they worship.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by usdane: 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
jerseyboy: Ban Ban Ban. What is it about Islam that cannot hates free speech. Muslems should get their forum outside Nairaland if they insist on these BANS and deletions.
Actually, you should be the ones to leave Islamic threads on Nairaland. Abi na by force to comment on Muslim threads U guys r d real perpetrators of violence. Just let us BE, ignore anything relating to Islamic here please. There are so many useful threads for u guys to read and make urselves heard.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by mckemsoc(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
deols:

We wont like that but we wont be what the lot of you have become either.

For a start, we will not for any reason insult people of other religions and what they worship.
What u guys (d few bad eggs u alwz refer 2) are doin (killin & burnin down places of worship) 2 oda Religious bodies on dis planet is more dan a verbal insults. Nevertheless, callin Jews decedent of apes & pigs and Christians misguilded people (as writen in ur holy book) is d insult of d highest oda xpecially wen its comin 4rm ur holy book which supposedly is ur guildians. What would u say 2 that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by sunto: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
tbaba1234: Can anyone show me the '72 virgins' in the Quran?

People spilling ignorance. smh!!

DID YOU BELIVE IN HADITH IF YES YOU WILL SEE 72 VIRGINS AND OCEANS OF WINE.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by deols(f): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
mckemsoc: What u guys (d few bad eggs u alwz refer 2) are doin (killin & burnin down places of worship) 2 oda Religious bodies on dis planet is more dan a verbal insults. Nevertheless, callin Jews decedent of apes & pigs and Christians misguilded people (as writen in ur holy book) is d insult of d highest oda xpecially wen its comin 4rm ur holy book which supposedly is ur guildians. What would u say 2 that?

Stop lying nah. Calling them pigs and apes Present your proof.

The Quran does talk of people who fail to reason and of those doomed to hell. But why? So as to warn everyone of us against joining such people. The Quran guides us against becoming like them.

Do u expect the Quran to sweet talk what we are to shun? Haba.
When you have children would you tell them how much sweet premarital sex is and still warn them against it as against showing them the ills attributed to it so they can shun it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blind Black Muslim Man Recites The Q'uran Lovely / Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? / Best Times To Make Dua (supplication)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.