Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Qur’an – The Centripetal Force - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force (11323 Views)

Effects Of Reciting The Qur’an In Comparison To Music / Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an / The Blood Qur’an – Written With The Blood Of Saddam Hussein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by hakon: 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Extract from Al- Baqara
(189) Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. (190)
And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (191) But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (192) And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers. (193) The forbidden month for the forbidden month, and forbidden things in retaliation. And one who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is with those who ward off (evil). (194) Spend your wealth for the cause of Allah, and be not cast by your own hands to ruin; and do good. Lo! Allah loveth the beneficent

Having read this verse over and over again I do not see anywhere that Allah(God) gave any muslim the go ahead to kill anyone that disagrees with them.
On the contrary Allah strictly wants Muslims, Christians and Jews to Love one another because we all call on and worship the same God. the quran condemns treating others badly. Islam to my understanding is all about Love and doing good just as the Bible and many other religions proclaims.
Some misguided muslims might misunderstand the verse above and go about on a killing and bombing spree but I assure you that they do not represent Islam.

If I understand the verse above very well the likes of Boko Haram is what the quaran is telling muslims to fight against and eliminate because Boko haram stands against everything that the quaran is teaching with regards to good living, love and fear for Allah

And they say: Be Jews or Christians, then ye will be rightly guided. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Nay, but (we follow) the religion of Abraham, the upright, and he was not of the idolaters. (135) Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. (136) And if they believe in the like of that which ye believe, then are they rightly guided. But if they turn away, then are they in schism, and Allah will suffice thee (for defence) against them. He is the Hearer, the Knower. (137) (We take our) colour from Allah, and who is better than Allah at colouring. We are His worshippers. (138) Say (unto the People of the Scripture): Dispute ye with us concerning Allah when He is our Lord and your Lord? Ours are our works and yours your works. We look to Him alone. (139) Or say ye that Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know best, or doth Allah? And who is more unjust than he who hideth a testimony which he hath received from Allah? Allah is not unaware of what ye do. (140) Those are a people who have passed away; theirs is that which they earned and yours that which ye earn. And ye will not be asked of what they used to do.

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by hakon: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
I am a christian and I do advice that before you criticize any religion try to read more about them to understand their Faith and teachings very well. Muslims read the Bible
Christians read the Quaran.
Babalawo write ur own scriptures

1 Like

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by victorD3: 9:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ayishatreal: What is our problem in this forum? Why do people find it easy to insult Allah, the Prophets and the Holy book whenever there is a post about Islam Is it only Muslims that perpetrate all these evil acts

Where do you find Muslims commenting on Xtian posts not to talk of insulting xtians. Yet, you call us all sort of names without you thinking about your atitudes toward us.

For your information, Allah has perfected Islam as the true religion, no amount of your insults will change that. Beware and desist from this act before Allah's wrath decend on you.

Haven't read such rubbish for a while
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by bukatyne(f): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
lynpetra: Seriously I don't like the idea of christians and pagans always derailing Islamic forums esp if it is not under violent crime sector.As an unbiased xtian,I believe in individual responsibility! And not religious affiliations.There are bad Pple in every religion.I have muslim friends and they are nice and I love them,infact I enjoy any Islamic feast and always look forward to it cheesy.Let's respect our religion and try to understand that the choice btw good and evil lies ONLY in our understanding of the evil of religious violence and intolerance.Muslims learn to accept us and Christians should learn to respect Islam! No religion is perfect! But we can perfect it by leading a good life,with respect and understanding of other religions....the best relationship I ever had was from a muslim guy....No regrets Kazim.

Hi,

- agree that non muslims derailing music treads do not speak well. However, I don't understand your no religion is perfect' phrase
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Who ever hid my post should mind him or herself oh! This thing is on front page and I hereby beg to differ with the op. Islam has done more harm than good that is my opinion and am sticking to it. I don't see how my saying I never noticed islam until it made my world hell is offensive to islam. It is a fact that I have to live with every day of my life and someone is here hiding my post because Seun gave d person ajayi work no pay to be moderator on nairaland. Just take your time and stop hidding my post nairaland no be ur papa property! You have been warned

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Benjoh(m): 12:33am On Mar 23, 2013
Capnd143: i strongly disagree and kicked against reading the Qu'ran! It wil surely remind the boko/muslims of their hilarious promise of 72 virgins and that will mean more bombing of churches,schools,markets . . . And killing and spilling of innocent blood! . , abegi go park joor!
---
as a citizen of the federal republic of nigeria i have full right to expression of opinion and right to freedom of speech! So if any one bans me . . . .ehhh . . . . I was just giving my opionion oh and not insulting anyone oh!
well that means you are one those that has been tricked by the devilish act of Boko haraM cos devil never want you in paradise and the only way he has is to trick people of his away from Islam by myopically touch some Muslims that believes they can't be tested by devil through Allah. For only the wise.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Benjoh(m): 12:44am On Mar 23, 2013
Cashio: Islam...wait until u are finally brainwashed.guys are fighting 4 their 72 virgins in paradise,i wonder what u would be fighting 4 urself when the time comes..and dnt even fink abt any ban here cos dem muslim guys have done us enough bad
that's your level of thinking and you are not to be blamed cos fingers are not equal and so the brains,even if they continue killing innocent souLs till rapture Islam remains cos it is the heaven's religion. Devil is only wasting his time,he can never convince me like you people he has won away from way of God's will. No matter the amount of dirts on Islam it can never get into it devil is a lair on me.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 23, 2013
sunto:

QURAN IS FREE FROM ERROR DO NOT FORGET THAT MARY,SISTER OF AARON AND MOSES IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS (SURA 19:27-28)(SURA 66:12)
The jewish scribes that wrote the koran for the 'prophet' had very little understanding of christianity hence the fatal error. They also confused the third part of the trinty the holy spirit as Mary. Some shorlars also believe that these scribes delibrately wrote in the errors as their revenge for their enslavement and pilage of their communities and a code for other jews to know the whole scheme was a scam.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by maclatunji: 6:51am On Mar 23, 2013
^I laugh in Egun. Jews that severely contested the Quran and were serially rebutted are the ones the wrote the Quran? Ignorance mixed with bigotry is a bad thing.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Geewan(m): 8:14am On Mar 23, 2013
sunto:

QURAN IS FREE FROM ERROR DO NOT FORGET THAT MARY,SISTER OF AARON AND MOSES IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS (SURA 19:27-28)(SURA 66:12)

He whom Allah guides cannot be lead astray, and he whom Allah does not guide no one can guide him. I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and apostle.

This has already been explained by Muhammed as an idiom (a figure of speech). Muhammed explained this Quranic reference by saying “the (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of apostles and pious persons who had gone before them."
So in short, this is not to be taken literally, Muhammad knew Aaron predated Mary. Sadly, the critics jump to a literal view of this verse despite Muhammad’s explanation showing the verse to be an idiom (figure of speech)

In the Bible, Jesus is described as the son of David, David had certainly lived/died before Jesus yet Jesus is described as the son of David in the BIBLE, thus proving the use of such names (ie Muhammed is proven to be correct by the Bible). The Bible came before Muhammed and represents the mindset and customs of the people of the past, thus it shows Muhammed’s explanation to be historically accurate.

Example 1
Bible shows the “daughter of Aaron” was used as an idiom to describe Elizabeth, though Elizabeth was not the literal daughter of Aaron:
…he had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth." [Luke 1:5, RSV]
Example 2
Jesus is described as the son of David despite not being his literal son!
And the crowds that went before him and that followed him shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!...[Matthew 21:9 RSV]
Example 3
The Quran also shows the use of such idioms as the past Prophet Hud is described as the brother of the people of A’ad (to whom he was sent)
And unto (the tribe of) A'ad (We sent) their brother, Hud… [Qur'an 7:65]
Example 4 (the most relevant pertaining to Surah 19:28)
Jesus in the Gospel of Mark 3:35 teaches us that whoever does the will of God is the brother of Jesus.
Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother. (Mark 3:35 RSV)

If a lady in 2010 (who does the will of God) is the sister of Jesus then we can clearly see that Jesus himself used this form of idiom that Muhammed spoke of.
So if a God-fearing women such as Sarah (wife of Abraham) or Mary Magdelene can be described as the “sisters” of Jesus due to their submission to the Will of God then the Virgin Mary can certainly be described as the sister of Aaron!
The example in Mark 3:35 shows that Jesus (a person of the past) used the SAME idiomatic expression which we find in Surah 19:28.

So it is clear that Muhammed’s explanation makes historical sense. The critics simply highlight their lack of knowledge pertaining to the figures of speech and titles in use in the past Abrahamic communities.

The critics play on the name “Imran”
The critics point to the fact that the name of Aaron’s father is Amran (Imran) and Islamic sources call Mary the daughter of Imran. The critic then claims this is support for their allegation of anachronistic error levelled at the Quran.
However, the critics miss the fact that the name of Mary’s father was in fact Imran thus the Islamic sources do not support their claim as the Islamic sources are completely correct and accurate to call Mary the daughter of Imran as she was the daughter of Imran!
It just so happens that BOTH Aaron and Mary had fathers named “Imran” but Muhammed pointed out that the two were not the same person in his explanation of Surah 19:28 so it would be unscholarly to ignore Muhammad’s explanation in favour of convoluted conjecture.

George Sale points to the fact that Muhammed knew Aaron and Mary lived during difference time periods:
Sale wrote:
“it manifestly appears that Mohammed well knew and asserted that Moses preceded Jesus several ages." Thus it is clear to Sale that Muhammed did not believe Mary and Aaron to be literal brother and sister or even contemporaries. Why can’t the Christian missionaries/critics see the obvious?

It must be observed that though the Virgin Mary is called in the Koran, the sister of Aaron, yet she is nowhere called the sister of Moses.
And the commentators accordingly fail not to tell us, that there had passed about one thousand eight hundred years between Amran the father of Moses and Amrean the father of the Virgin Mary
The more deviant critic who knows of the fact that both Mary and Aaron had fathers named “Imran” holds this crucial information away from the audience in order to misdirect the audience down the path of error.

2 Likes

Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 23, 2013
KBEST3: Allah ya tsinema mai wadan nan batanci ameen summa ameen
hmm :*
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2013
Benjoh: well that means you are one those that has been tricked by the devilish act of Boko haraM cos devil never want you in paradise and the only way he has is to trick people of his away from Islam by myopically touch some Muslims that believes they can't be tested by devil through Allah. For only the wise.
by ur argument, u didn't explicitly condem boko haram sect as being devilish, u emphasised more on their deeds being devilish but not them. So does it mean dat if u ar a muslim u can perpetuate in evil to defend or preach ur faith, as u wouldn't be seen as evil but ur act is evil and dat dosen't actually make u bad?
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 23, 2013
jerseyboy: The jewish scribes that wrote the koran for the 'prophet' had very little understanding of christianity hence the fatal error. They also confused the third part of the trinty the holy spirit as Mary. Some shorlars also believe that these scribes delibrately wrote in the errors as their revenge for their enslavement and pilage of their communities and a code for other jews to know the whole scheme was a scam.
but i taught they said d koran was perfect and why wer der jewish slaves
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2013
Geewan:

He whom Allah guides cannot be lead astray, and he whom Allah does not guide no one can guide him. I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and apostle.

This has already been explained by Muhammed as an idiom (a figure of speech). Muhammed explained this Quranic reference by saying “the (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of apostles and pious persons who had gone before them."
So in short, this is not to be taken literally, Muhammad knew Aaron predated Mary. Sadly, the critics jump to a literal view of this verse despite Muhammad’s explanation showing the verse to be an idiom (figure of speech)

In the Bible, Jesus is described as the son of David, David had certainly lived/died before Jesus yet Jesus is described as the son of David in the BIBLE, thus proving the use of such names (ie Muhammed is proven to be correct by the Bible). The Bible came before Muhammed and represents the mindset and customs of the people of the past, thus it shows Muhammed’s explanation to be historically accurate.

Example 1
Bible shows the “daughter of Aaron” was used as an idiom to describe Elizabeth, though Elizabeth was not the literal daughter of Aaron:
…he had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth." [Luke 1:5, RSV]
Example 2
And the crowds that went before him and that followed him shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!...[Matthew 21:9 RSV]
Example 3
The Quran also shows the use of such idioms as the past Prophet Hud is described as the brother of the people of A’ad (to whom he was sent)
Jesus in the Gospel of Mark 3:35 teaches us that whoever does the will of God is the brother of Jesus.
Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother. (Mark 3:35 RSV)

If a lady in 2010 (who does the will of God) is the sister of Jesus then we can clearly see that Jesus himself used this form of idiom that Muhammed spoke of.
So if a God-fearing women such as Sarah (wife of Abraham) or Mary Magdelene can be described as the “sisters” of Jesus due to their submission to the Will of God then the Virgin Mary can certainly be described as the sister of Aaron!
The example in Mark 3:35 shows that Jesus (a person of the past) used the SAME idiomatic expression which we find in Surah 19:28.

So it is clear that Muhammed’s explanation makes historical sense. The critics simply highlight their lack of knowledge pertaining to the figures of speech and titles in use in the past Abrahamic communities.

The critics point to the fact that the name of Aaron’s father is Amran (Imran) and Islamic sources call Mary the daughter of Imran. The critic then claims this is support for their allegation of anachronistic error levelled at the Quran.
However, the critics miss the fact that the name of Mary’s father was in fact Imran thus the Islamic sources do not support their claim as the Islamic sources are completely correct and accurate to call Mary the daughter of Imran as she was the daughter of Imran!
It just so happens that BOTH Aaron and Mary had fathers named “Imran” but Muhammed pointed out that the two were not the same person in his explanation of Surah 19:28 so it would be unscholarly to ignore Muhammad’s explanation in favour of convoluted conjecture.

George Sale points to the fact that Muhammed knew Aaron and Mary lived during difference time periods:
Sale wrote:
“it manifestly appears that Mohammed well knew and asserted that Moses preceded Jesus several ages." Thus it is clear to Sale that Muhammed did not believe Mary and Aaron to be literal brother and sister or even contemporaries. Why can’t the Christian missionaries/critics see the obvious?

It must be observed that though the Virgin Mary is called in the Koran, the sister of Aaron, yet she is nowhere called the sister of Moses.
And the commentators accordingly fail not to tell us, that there had passed about one thousand eight hundred years between Amran the father of Moses and Amrean the father of the Virgin Mary
The more deviant critic who knows of the fact that both Mary and Aaron had fathers named “Imran” holds this crucial information away from the audience in order to misdirect the audience down the path of error.
more uncooked lies
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
same old story
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
numerical_guy:

So much hatred, I don't know why.. We Muslims are taught to respect other people's religions.
hahahahah.I'm laughing in swahili.kwakwakwakwa.lol.rolling on the floor laughing.did a muslim just say that?where the heck have u been?on mars or the moon?I'm still laughing.that's the most blatant lie of the computer age.of all ages infact
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
Geewan:

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Sale wrote:

meanwhile what's ur point?cos I can't make head or tail of this your long epistle
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by DrSadikMagaji(m): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
tbaba1234: Can anyone show me the '72 virgins' in the Quran?

People spilling ignorance. smh!!
Nothing like dat in d holy Quran! Does who bliv dat are misguided by their teachers
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Geewan(m): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
c++_crazy:
but i taught they said d koran was perfect and why wer der jewish slaves

I dare say to you that the Qur'an is perfect if that is what you don't want to hear. At least it was explicitly stated in your bible in Jeremiah 8:8 that your bible was written in false pen.
You can cook all the lies you want to disparage the religion. If you actually believe Jews scribes wrote the Qur'an then you would believe anything.
How did Islam claim Mary is the third member of the trinity? Here are the verses for your liberation:

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger from Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Three": desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. [Qur'an 4:171]

There is no argument that you will cook up against Islam that has never been cooked up but we'll continue to trash your argument to pieces and hopefully you will come to accept the TRUTH like those who were even more arrogant than you.

I love Islam!
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by Geewan(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
lorretta u: meanwhile what's ur point?cos I can't make head or tail of this your long epistle

With all due respect, it would have been far more honourable if you had just said "hi" and take a walk. It is not a compulsory to make a comment. It is for those who have brain....
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by hakon: 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
Islam or Christianity is not the cause of the chaos and destruction taking place in our society. we should be doing some critical thinking right now in order to really see who the sponsors of this menace is and what they intend to achieve. do not forget that the CIA already said that Nigeria will break by 2015. personally I see that as a plan of the USA to benefit from his region beyond our own imagination. If they could sponsor terrorism against their own people in-order to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan then Sponsoring Boko Haram in order to instigate conflicts in Nigeria that will lead to war is nothing but a child's play to them. its unfortunate that they are using elements that are hiding under the Islam Religion. Terrorism is a tool that has been created by the USA to brainwash its own people inorder to receive more funding to go to war in other nations. every bullet shot in any war is a profit to someone. Wars has to be created in other for them to profit. Let us think out of the box for a moment and stop pointing at the wrong direction.

Islam is not our problem neither is Christianity our problem.
Our government and corruption is the problem. they are too blind to see what the USA is about to do in Nigeria.
Revolution is Now. we should be reacting and not talking too much
Many may doubt this but time will come when u will recollect this post.
Re: Qur’an – The Centripetal Force by hakon: 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
Islam and Christianity are indeed true religions with scriptures authoured by different people.
Just as a news can be presented by different journalists in different ways but the topic still remains the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blind Black Muslim Man Recites The Q'uran Lovely / Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? / Best Times To Make Dua (supplication)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.