Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64864 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
My friend close your mouth. You guys that worship your pastors and even use their name to pray. "Let the god of....... answer my prayer". You even put your pastor's picture in your sitting room and toilets. So how will you explain that?

worshiping pastors is one thing, which of course I do not subscribe to , but at least they are alive.

Praying and bowing to or through the dead is way out of order, and pathetic to say the least !!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
My friend close your mouth. You guys that worship your pastors and even use their name to pray. "Let the god of....... answer my prayer". You even put your pastor's picture in your sitting room and toilets. So what how will you explain that?
haha... Good point. That's like what I told a friend the other day. Any time we discuss the bible, for every verse I quote to back up my statements, he has up to three "my pastor said" to counter it, even when it's glaring.

He also tries to talk like his pastor too. The dude practically worships his pastor, though he would not admit, just as some people would not admit to worshiping Mary even after kneeling or bowing before her image and praying to her.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

worshiping pastors is one thing, which of course I do not subscribe to , but at least they are alive.

Praying and bowing to or through the dead is way out of order, and pathetic to say the least !!
Oh! Really? So its ok to worship a living human? Clap for your self. My friend you dont have reasonable answer. Go and call your superior angry
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Oh! Really? So its ok to worship a living human? Clap for your self. My friend you dont have reasonable answer. Go and call your superior angry

I do not have any superiors neither am I a pastor worshiper.

Jesus is my role model not that pope impostor and his Mary idol wink

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
My friend close your mouth. You guys that worship your pastors and even use their name to pray. "Let the god of....... answer my prayer". You even put your pastor's picture in your sitting room and toilets. So what how will you explain that?

Read:

“Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.”
I Tim 5:17,18

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” Hebrews 13:17

We do not use pastors name to pray.. Some only pray in the God of their Pastors.. same way some Apostles prayed in the God of Elijah! God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob..

Remember, they didnt ask Elijah to pray for them or forgive them their tresspasses BUT THE LIVING GOD they serve!

Asking Mary to pray for you is different from seeking forgiveness from the GOD of Mary.. Mary herself cannot help her self let alone the Pope!

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:

Read:

“Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.”

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” Hebrews 13:17

We do not use pastors name to pray.. Some only pray in the God of their Pastors.. same way some Apostles prayed in the God of Elijah! God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob..

Remember, they didnt ask Elijah to pray for them or forgive them their tresspasses BUT THE LIVING GOD they serve!

Asking Mary to pray for you is different from seeking forgiveness from the GOD of Mary.. Mary herself cannot help her self let alone the Pope!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Besides, we dont preach using soap to jerk off is not a sin and also tattooing our body as normal. grin.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Read:

Why do you ask your pastor to pray for you?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise: Besides, we dont preach using soap to jerk off is not a sin and also tattooing our body as normal. grin.

But Gay marriage is a substitute for male perverts grin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

But Gay marriage is a substitute for male perverts grin
We are against gay marriage big time. cool. When one person commits sin in a church doesnt mean everybody in that church practise same thing. I know where you are going.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Why do you ask your pastor to pray for you?
Because he is my Pastor cool

If my pastor cannot pray for me, who will? Sango?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
You are the pharisee here judging what you dont know. Have you cleaned your faults?

LOL,you're the pharisee because i am the one challenging the status quo here not you. cheesy
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
Because he is my Pastor cool

If my pastor cannot pray for me, who will? Sango?
I ask Mary to pray for me because she is the mother of my saviour.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:

and where in the bible are we asked to pray through dead people my heathen pal ?

Is Jesus not enough ? undecided angry

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Who is the head of the Church? Jesus right? Who is Jesus' mother? undecided

Then I guess Jesus' earthly fleshly step brothers are step brothers of the church........smh!!!!.....

Ona see ona self??......mary mother of the church my foot...angry
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
If the angel of God honoured Mary what stops an antelope like you to do the same? undecided
Mary was a good woman before Jesus came to earth. For her to be chosen to bring our saviour to the world goes a long way for her to be called "Ordinary woman". Use your head. How many woman posses the qualities of Mary in this earth?

Lol...many women......mary was chosen amongst the numerous exemplary Jewish women.....angry...........

Mind you the angels also honour us,even Yahweh honours us all.....so I don't know why an angel honouring mary now makes mary some kinda perfect immaculate woman....angry
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

grin Thats the problem... you guys are "using your head" to carve shapes and serve anything...

Use your bible not your head... My head also tells me, Abraham is a good man... can I worship him? should I carve his image?

The bolded don kill me with laugh.......grin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:

But shes dead...

She cannot here you (and even if she does, she cannot help) same way those ceramic and POP (Plaster of Paris) images are deaf to the prayers
grin

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

and where in the bible are we asked to pray through dead people my heathen pal ?

Is Jesus not enough ? undecided angry
Mary is in heaven and alive.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Mary is in heaven and alive.

is that what your 'god' the pope told you ?

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol...many women......mary was chosen amongst the numerous exemplary Jewish women.....angry...........

Mind you the angels also honour us,even Yahweh honours us all.....so I don't know why an angel honouring mary now makes mary some kinda perfect immaculate woman....angry
Name one woman in this present world that has her qualities?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by yuzedo: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis: So who is the Father of the church, uncle of the church, brothers and sisters of the church, in-laws of the church, Aunty and Nephew of the church, Cousins and grand daughters of the church??
I'm trying to mourn and y'all be killing me! grin grin grin cry

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Name one woman in this present world that have her qualities?
huh? What qualities? Are there no humble, God-fearing virgin ladies today?

The angel Gabriel called her 'highly favoured', meaning the honour of birthing the messiah was given her not because she deserved it, but because of God's grace towards her. You guys really need to stop trying to make her a goddess.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise:
Name one woman in this present world that have her qualities?
How about your reverend sisters? Abi dem don disvirgin dem ni?

8 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: huh? What qualities? Are there no humble, God-fearing virgin ladies today?

The angel Gabriel called her 'highly favoured', meaning the honour of birthing the messiah was given her not because she deserved it, but because of God's grace towards her. You guys really need to stop trying to make her a goddess.
Name one pls. That is my question.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
How about your reverend sisters? Abi dem don disvirgin dem ni?
Being a virgin doesnt make you clean. That is not the qualities am emphasizing on.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
I cant listen to any church that I am older than. You guys only attend churches that lack discipline. What else can you talk about the catholic church if not this silly believe that we worship her?

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Beautiful!! Say no more!! Gbammest!
gbam gbam gbam gbam
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Judgement day will tell,Nigerians are so blinded by religion and pretence.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
Okay I'll help you here:

"While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd [I believe shes the founder of catholic] raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed.” But ...He said,
“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.'" Luke 11:27-28 Worship, honour, glory and praise are due to
God alone
. He commands it.

If anyone has any Bible verses to contradict this... please feel free! Please only verses, not opinions. I've yet to find anywhere in the Bible that says honour of anykind is due to Mary.

This is a gross misconception of the word of God and plain IDOLATRY! ... and the sad thing, you'll never see this truth except you remove the veil of religion!

gree-die... read that bible verse again! Its soo clear Jesus contradicted that woman immediately! Like he knew some people would follow her steps...

Mary has no power to bless anyone... Shes powerless and helpless... She cannot help herself let alone the over 1billion worshippers..

What else do you want to hear?
confirm

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
bbexcel: Judgement day will tell,Nigerians are so blinded by religion and pretence.
Finito. Dont mind them. Let them keep judging.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
xynerise: I cant listen to any church that I am older than. You guys only attend churches that lack discipline. What else can you talk about the catholic church if not this silly believe that we worship her?

But Jesus christ is the same yesterday, today and forever cool & he is the Head of the church. Are you older than Jesus christ?

... & what else can you say about an atheist other than the silly believe that there is no God? cheesy

Idolatry is enough reason to find a Bible believing church that speak the truth (undiluted)..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.