Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,057 members, 7,841,993 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements (14008 Views)

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? / Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by xynerise: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Man of the people. He is a rare gem. Adieu Papa
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by 50calibre(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sad day for our nation, we have lost one of the greatest intellectual minds to ever emerge from Nigeria. RIP
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by EGBERIMAMA: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
The master storyteller RIP
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote
author=Salligreen]

U left 9ja to read Chinua Achebe's book in India!...India...Achebe will
be perplexed to see you use the word 'syllables' instead of 'Syllabus'
sha.[/quote] lwkmd. RIP to a great african.
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Proxyisnice(m): 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
R I P BRO...U R A LEGEND

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by aryzgreat: 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
I wept last when i lost my Dad, Ur demise brought tears once more to my eyes. Adieu a great literary IROKO!

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by PHIPEX(m): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Am speechless...can we ever find an equal replacement? May God grant you rest from the battles of life cos even the British couldn't hold you down at the age of 28. I pledge to strive to make an impact in the world akin to yours before I depart. Adieu to the Icon!! cry cry

To the Poster above, tell me you are Okey Ndibe. My pleasant regards.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Gombs(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Proudly Biafran...like I am

Una go ban me?

RIP, tell awo to his face and in frnt of the Devil/God dat he lied and committed genocide...slap him so hard dat dey gonna need angels/demons (notice d plural) to restrain him frm retaliating

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by chax100(f): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
alaoeri: Pls save my ignorance who's Achebe & wetin he do for Nigeria?
Where went you, when the teacher was in the class? You were at the food vendor's stand eating lthe head of fried fish. Shame on you. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Proxyisnice(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
holly-pagan:
one mumu is asking question can someone help me to answer him
YOU TWO ARE MUMU'S
holly-pagan:
one mumu is asking question can someone help me to answer him
YOU TWO ARE MUMU'S
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by YorubaOmoge: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
He internationalized TRIBALISM

5 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by mufex(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sometimes life goes bleak,
The sun goes down;
Ur energies sit low
And you can't speak..

The whole nation is pushed to the wall,
When a genius dies;
Shocked with tears, and sighs,
Shivers run cold in all.
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by mike404(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
KINGwax: Mtcheeeew!
One of the things he failed to achieve was to start another civil war by trying to make his fictional writing real in: there was a country!
OMODE must you comment
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Gombs: Proudly Biafran...like I am

Una go ban me?

RIP, tell awo to his face and in frnt of the Devil/God dat he lied and committed genocide...slap him so hard dat dey gonna need angels/demons (notice d plural) to restrain him frm retaliating

HAHHAHAHAHA!

THEY WONT NEED ANYONE TO RESTRAIN HIM COS HE AINT GOT THE STONES TO RETALIATE . HE WILL JUST RUN AWAY... OR BETTER YET HE WILL BE RAKING AND RANTING wink

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Maxymilliano(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
'Morning Yet On Creation Day'... One of the best piece I've read so far, and still have in my Library...

Rest In Peace Albert Chinualumogu Achebe.

To live in the hearts of those we love is not to die...
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by mike404(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
dayokanu: He renewed tribalism in Nigeria from his most recent book there was a country
imbe
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by manny4life(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
No matter how some try to insult and throw punches, it won't change the FACT, he's a recognized ICON, a man who stood by his true words, a GREAT MAN with integrity. His name is forever archived in the WORLD BOOK RECORDS OF GREAT MEN.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by aryzgreat: 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
PHIPEX: Am speechless...can we ever find an equal replacement? May God grant you rest from the battles of life cos even the British couldn't hold you down at the age of 28. I pledge to strive to make an impact in the world akin to yours before I depart. Adieu to the Icon!! cry cry

To the Poster above, tell me you are Okey Ndibe. My pleasant regards.

Okey Ndibe is my uncle. Am from awka
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by MrGlobe(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
The man who told the truth before he died, holding nothing against his conscience.
[size=16pt]Rest in Paradise Sir[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by aryzgreat: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
The same man they are insulting gave out his daughter to a yoruba man, Wole soyinka was his best friend, he grew up in lagos. He never hated Yorubas, he wrote his "personal encounter of the war" If u dont like his book, write urs.

Adieu Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by antomik: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
TRIBUTE TO A RARE GEM
Albert Chinualumogu Achebe:
When you came into the world in November 16, 1930 you were a gift to your parents who saw in you 'A MAN OF THE PEOPLE' even though the country was going through a transition then, the 'ARROW OF GOD' led you.
You were not born with a silver spoon; your parents house could be compared to 'ANTHILLS OF SAVANNAH' that is why you often wonder 'HOW THE LEOPARD GOT ITS CLAWS'
'MORNING YET ON CREATION DAY' led to the story 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY' but no sooner had the country come than 'THINGS FALL APART'
You cried for your dear country, with 'HOPE AND IMPEDIMENTS' wrote many books to correct societal ills through your satiric works; the message was clear but still the question 'THE TROUBLE WITH NIGERIA' kept rearing its ugly head.
To your eastern brethren you have often asked when will there be 'CHRISTMAS IN BIAFRA' but for the sake of unity you have always warned 'BEWARE, SOUL BROTHER' and so it was that you passed on when we needed you the most; we will console the world through your many 'POEMS' to remind us of March 22, 2013. ADIEU PROFESSOR.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by zibe(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
So so sad. His book, Things Fall Apart, made me to actually develop interest in reading....back then in JSS 2. RIP Chinua. Anambra mourns, Nigeria sourns, the world mourns.
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by pearlndu(f): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Achebe will definitely remain great to those. Of us who read and loved his works. Adieu great man cry
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by PastorOla1: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
He emptied himself. R.I.P.
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by MrGlobe(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: He internationalized TRIBALISM
This thread is about a legend Achebe and not ex convict awolowo. Send your post to the appropraiate thread

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by nagoma(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
" ...the drums beat, the flutes sang , the spectators held their breath. Amalinze was a wily craftsman but Okonkwo was as slippery as a fish in water. Every nerve and every muscle stood out on their arms and on their backs and on their thighs.and one almost heard them stretch to breaking point.in the end Okonkwo threw the cat ........"

Adios Prof.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by killuminati(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
All I hear is chinua achebe everywhere! Who is he pls? And what is tins fall apart?
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Peterboy1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
dayokanu: He renewed tribalism in Nigeria from his most recent book there was a country

what did he say in that book THERE WAS A COUNTRY that did not happen? truth is bitter but most be told, RIP the great man

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by ogochukwunasa1: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
50calibre: Sad day for our nation, we have lost one of the greatest intellectual minds to ever emerge from Nigeria. RIP
speak for urself eediot.
Sad day for u n ur family, not for me.
I hate dat man, he is a bigot!!!
Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
aryzgreat: The same man they are insulting gave out his daughter to a yoruba man, Wole soyinka was his best friend, he grew up in lagos. He never hated Yorubas, he wrote his "personal encounter of the war" If u dont like his book, write urs.

Adieu Sir!
See, u dont owe anybody/group some explanation based on Chinua Achebe. U dont need to prove to anybody that telling the truth to the world shouldnt mean tribalism, whether he gave out all his daughters to dem or actually refused to do so is nobody's biz.
Even @ dat, The pogroms that led to the war was tribalistic hence its discussion should also be tribalistic. Haters should go and drink rat poison like one of their own did.
RIP to Africa's foremost and most recognised writer

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating Chinua Achebe's Achievements by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Can the admin of this forum move this thrash to the literature and the book section.....

what has this got to do with politics section?
angry

This is not a national loss..this is a lost to his tribesmen....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N600m Fraud: Judge Acquits Lagos Assembly Speaker, Ikuforiji / Why Lagos Is Immune To Recession — Rotimi Agunsoye / IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.