Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark (21525 Views)

Photo: Tinubu And Atiku Hug And Laugh: What Could Have Caused The Excitement? / Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders / Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by confusion247(m): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2013
Tolexander: Source! ! !

It will be foolish of me commenting on this kind of news with no source.
With this comment, you have acknowledged your foolishness. Sorry about your foolish life.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2013
Truckpusher: And you're so daft that you couldn't modify your comment as soon he modified his....btw you and the op who is more smarter?...answer Mr Dumbo
why should i modify it when slowpokes like you had seen and unwise enough to quote and insult.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2013
confusion247:
With this comment, you have acknowledged your foolishness. Sorry about your foolish life.
what a confused fellow with no knowledge of life and everything therein!
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 11:08am On Mar 23, 2013
ORAFA: Blind bat in the house.
blind mind in the house!
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by confusion247(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2013
sobastical:

Someone is getting naïve, I'm sorry about that anyway.. RIP to the dead and we that are still alive, long life and God's protection on us all. Cheers.
Then what do you have to say to those that will die in next boko haram bombing?
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by ochukoccna: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2013
Everyone's going all goofy eyed now
Awwwwww, how touching?
If Achebe TRULY believed in Nigeria is a topic for a fresh thread another time someday
Ibo irredentism,YES
But a united Nigeria,nah, no way!

And please let's stop getting sentimental about how Iboe's are getting bombed out of the North
Hausas,Yorubas,Edo folks,IboesMiddle belters are all dying and losing their loved ones and property
Yet the Iboe propaganda machine is dishing out the usual they are so good at...
Half Truths

2 Likes

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by naptu2: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2013
ypzilanti:

I think you should open a thread with this picture. If we can have a thread of ten pages with 'Tonto Dike riding motorcycle' there is no reason why this timeless picture should not have its own thread and make frontpage.

All in favor say AYE! grin

grin
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Haybayray: 11:26am On Mar 23, 2013
Tolexander: what a confused fellow with no knowledge of life and everything therein!
He told ya the bitter truth and all you could do was to insult him? Damn! You need help, dude. Seriously...
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Haybayray: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2013
Chinua Achebe... Rest in peace! What an icon! Me love you... #no homo
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Blueboy0402: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2013
godello: PUNCH 23-3-2013, who demand ur opinion?
You should have ignored the nematode because providing him with the source is akin to pouring water on rock. I don't know what a cockroach is looking for in the gathering of cocks.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Haybayray: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2013
Blueboy0402:
You should have ignored the nematode because providing him with the source is akin to pouring water on rock. I don't know what a cockroach is looking for in the gathering of cocks.
LMA0! Dude, you're bad! Hahaha...
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2013
Blueboy0402:

Actually, providing the source of information of which you are not the author is good practice.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by drmichael17(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2013
The ridiculous thing abt this boko haram sect is dat they are not waging war against these corrupt politicians but on the average citizens...they shud go for politicians and leave the ordinary man out of it.RIP CHINUA ACHEBE
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Truckpusher(m): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2013
Tolexander: why should i modify it when slowpokes like you had seen and unwise enough to quote and insult.
I'll never reply you again lest we should be judged to be the same and God forbid that i should degenerate to your level of comprehension and reasoning.

Finally ,i pray that you should remain the same way and don't forget to pass this inefficiencies in your gene to your generations unborn and may a curse be upon that daughter of eve that will help you unleash another of your kind on the human race grin
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by naptu2: 11:44am On Mar 23, 2013
Is this thread about Soyinka and J.P. Clark's statement (about Chinua Achebe) or is it about the egos of some people?
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2013
Blueboy0402:
slowpoke! You think this is a juvenile gathering to discuss a news or story with no source like nigeria vs india match.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by negosus: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2013
Wole Soyinka and JP Clark, just said exactly what I thought about his death.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by abbeylincon(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Tolexander: Source! ! !

It will be foolish of me commenting on this kind of news with no source.
may be u re a fool indeed, for u not †̥o have seen that d news was lifted from the punch news paper as u can see under d story
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Dahbutter(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
Though I very much doubt the fact that Chinua's death was caused by d death of ibo folks in Kano, I still find it confusing how a man of such repute could be an unrepentant and indefatigable tribalist to the core!

Many people from all over Nigeria died by the blast in Kano and we all know it, Boko Haram even once attacked some ot their traditional rulers and leaders so how dumb is it for us to claim only a particular sect of the country is being hunted to be killed in the North?

Achebe was a great man but I must admit he erred when he focused efforts on heating up things through the assertions in his last book which has further created great enmity amongst some tribes in Naija. Hence I really doubt if this occurence could Kill him as he should have expected it as a retaliation over his write up.

RIP Prof Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Siraleeyu(m): 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
Burger01: He died because it's time to 'die'.. There is a time for everything in life... A time to live and a time to die, a time to laugh and a time to cry, a time to fight and a time to make peace, a time to 'integrate' and a time to 'disintegrate'..... sad
thank you my brother, dnt mind those fools
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
SHELOCK SOYINKA HOLMES @ HIS FINEST.
DETECTIVE , WRITER & PATHOLOGIST ALL ROLLED IN ONE undecided
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by lovejo(m): 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
@ 82?
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
abbeylincon: may be u re a fool indeed, for u not †̥o have seen that d news was lifted from the punch news paper as u can see under d story
and your intellectual deficiency is so confirmed that you couldn't reason he eventually modified the news adding the source.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
He should have died during the civil war when oju-iku killed over 2 million iboes.

Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by godello: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
confusion247:
Are you planning another attack?.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by FiftyFifty(m): 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Achebeh‘s death, to my mind, is a deserved rest considering who he was & what he went through.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
Tolexander: blind mind in the house!
tolexander....no mind them all.....just ignore.....!!!!

Whats so bad in asking for source to an article.......and the source was later added through ''modify button''....... So una no get better contribution to the Op but some one who requested for source.......!!!

RIP to Achebe....Longevity and Prosperity to Soyinka!!!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by sobastical: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
carr96:

grin grin grin grin
AMEN!

Yeah my sis smiley
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by sobastical: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
confusion247:

Extended to them but never wish such would happen again. Though my comment couldn't be important as what the FG got to say and do about the killings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Denies Going On A Medical Outreach / Fayemi: I Was Offered 80M Dollar Bribe Over Suspicious N159B Judgment Debts / Proforce Or SP1: Which Nigerian Army Utility Vehicle Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.