Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark (21522 Views)

Photo: Tinubu And Atiku Hug And Laugh: What Could Have Caused The Excitement? / Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders / Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by blackbeau1(f): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
chiover: One day one day na hiroshima bomb go drop for north including abuja den we go count losses
it will drop in ur own compound first. Then,we will count the losses.how about that?
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Metallurgist: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
Shame on soyinka and co. Could one not die of complication as in the case of chinue who died in a hospital abroad without it havin a thing with the north? In a time when this country need positive attitude,look at how they create a confusing baseless and hate inciting comments, shame on agent of destruction

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by nduchucks: 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
The author of this trash of an article and the publication's editors, need to be lined up and caned. The great Achebe died of Acute Pneumonia, which is usually caused by infection with viruses or bacteria and less commonly other microorganisms, certain drugs and other conditions such as autoimmune diseases.

To say the shock of Kano bombing killed Achebe, is prime shame and disgrage.

R.I.P the great one.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
THANK GOD it came out of the mouth of Konji and Ozidi.D&B d tribal cyber warlord over to u
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Akpan107(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
Burger01: He died because it's time to 'die'.. There is a time for everything in life... A time to live and a time to die, a time to laugh and a time to cry, a time to fight and a time to make peace, a time to 'integrate' and a time to 'disintegrate'..... sad
Am waiting for the time to ''DISINTEGRATE'' am tired of this so-called one Nigeria foolisness!!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
donroxy: tolexander....no mind them all.....just ignore.....!!!!

Whats so bad in asking for source to an article.......and the source was later added through ''modify button''....... So una no get better contribution to the Op but some one who requested for source.......!!!

RIP to Achebe....Longevity and Prosperity to Soyinka!!!!
thanks jare wiseman! And don't forget your responsibility of putting those imbeciles in the path of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Burger01(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
confusion247:
With this comment, you have acknowledged your foolishness. Sorry about your foolish life.
Please, don't haul abusive words at the guy.. @all, initially the topic the OP posted was without a 'Source'.. The poster "tolexander' had to comment to that effect. Thereafter, 'Source' was included in the Topic. I believe the OP should have been diligent enough to apologise and accept there was no 'Source' in his initial topic before amendment.. There was no source at the time I made my comment... So free guy...... sad

5 Likes

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Abuklaw(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
AK 48: true talk,we have to rise again these babaric act.
if a man slaps u and you dont want him to slap u again 2mao,what do u do?

leave him n run away or retaliate with both hands?

my signature is not there for fun.
rise against my broda. No insult intended
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by vedaxcool(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
So in other words Kano bombing triggered Achebe's acute pneumonia? Wow could this be dementia or senility?
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Tolexander: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Burger01:
Please, don't haul abusive words at the guy.. @all, initially the topic the OP posted was without a 'Source'.. The poster "tolexander' had to comment to that effect. Thereafter, 'Source' was included in the Topic. I believe the OP should have been diligent enough to apologise and accept there was no 'Source' in his initial topic before amendment.. There was no source at the time I made my comment... So free guy...... sad
thanks man! Think i need giving you my great grandmum to shine her congo! Cos your fruit will be very much intelligent.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by naptu2: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
[size=14pt]Chinua Achebe's death: we have lost a brother - Wole Soyinka and JP Clark[/size]

Chinua was a man of resilient will. His works are testimony to the domination of the human spirit over the forces of repression

guardian.co.uk, Friday 22 March 2013 19.23 GMT

For us, the loss of Chinua Achebe is, above all else, intensely personal. We have lost a brother, a colleague, a trailblazer and a doughty fighter. Of the "pioneer quartet" of contemporary Nigerian literature, two voices have been silenced – one, of the poet Christopher Okigbo, and now, the novelist Chinua Achebe. It is perhaps difficult for outsiders of that intimate circle to appreciate this sense of depletion, but we take consolation in the young generation of writers to whom the baton has been passed, those who have already creatively ensured that there is no break in the continuum of the literary vocation.

We need to stress this at a critical time of Nigerian history, where the forces of darkness appear to overshadow the illumination of existence that literature represents. These are forces that arrogantly pride themselves implacable and brutal enemies of what Chinua and his pen represented, not merely for the African continent, but for humanity. Indeed, we cannot help wondering if the recent insensate massacre of Chinua's people in Kano, only a few days ago, hastened the fatal undermining of that resilient will that had sustained him so many years after his crippling accident.

No matter the reality, after the initial shock, and a sense of abandonment, we confidently assert that Chinua lives. His works provide their enduring testimony to the domination of the human spirit over the forces of repression, bigotry and retrogression.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/mar/22/chinua-achebe-wole-soyinka-jp-clark
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Duru1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
1.ABDULLAHI MAI AGOGO GYAYAWA
2. UMAR SANI BAGWAI
3. ILIYASU IBRAHIM MADIGAWA
4. YAKUBU SANI CHURCH ROAD 5. HADARA RABIU DAMBATTA
6. HASSAN ABUBAKAR IBRAHIM TAIWO
7. AMADU GARBA WARAWA
8. SEEBAN OKEDE NO. 78 ONITSA RD
9. BUKI OGU MALA NO. 2 OMOLOLA LAGOS
10. TUKUR YA’U T/MURTALA 11. KABIRU ALI T/TOFA
12. YAKUBU ADAMU TAKAI L.G
13. KABIRU USAINI P.R.P
14. ABDULLAHI ADAMU TAKAI L.G
15. GOJE MAGAWATA DALA L.G
16. UMAR BAGWAI BAGWAI 17. BASHIR MUHAMMAD KABUGA QTRS
18. DANBABA MUSA GEZAWA
18. DANBABA MUSA GEZAWA
19. OGU CHUKWU UMOH EMIR ROAD

If the above list of some victims of Kano bombing is anything to talk about, it could be remotely entertained that the deaths of Achebe’s people, Nigerians, may have contributed to his death.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
^THose are my people. sad
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by bennynaza(m): 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
CRAP
[/quote] will callin u a fool be too harsh?
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Teebass001(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
I'm so sowie, bt i can c any correlatn btw Achebe's death n Kano bombing. It sounds illogical to me, i dont mean to be disrespectful to elders, jst sayn it d way i c it. Achebe wud be long death by nw if all ds killns really affect him, cos dia av bn worse bombns in d past wt higher casualty figures dn ds 1. I rest ma case.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
If only Igbos had not converted to christianity, there would be no bombings taking place. it is sad. sad
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2013
Dahbutter: Though I very much doubt the fact that Chinua's death was caused by d death of ibo folks in Kano, I still find it confusing how a man of such repute could be an unrepentant and indefatigable tribalist to the core!

Many people from all over Nigeria died by the blast in Kano and we all know it, Boko Haram even once attacked some ot their traditional rulers and leaders so how dumb is it for us to claim only a particular sect of the country is being hunted to be killed in the North?

Achebe was a great man but I must admit he erred when he focused efforts on heating up things through the assertions in his last book which has further created great enmity amongst some tribes in Naija. Hence I really doubt if this occurence could Kill him as he should have expected it as a retaliation over his write up.

RIP Prof Chinua Achebe

So the kano bomb blast was a retaliation by boko haram over his write up abi, U ARE A BIG FOOL.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by InvertedHammer: 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2013

What a loss at such a young age.

RIP.

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Duru1: 1.ABDULLAHI MAI AGOGO GYAYAWA
2. UMAR SANI BAGWAI
3. ILIYASU IBRAHIM MADIGAWA
4. YAKUBU SANI CHURCH ROAD 5. HADARA RABIU DAMBATTA
6. HASSAN ABUBAKAR IBRAHIM TAIWO
7. AMADU GARBA WARAWA
8. SEEBAN OKEDE NO. 78 ONITSA RD
9. BUKI OGU MALA NO. 2 OMOLOLA LAGOS
10. TUKUR YA’U T/MURTALA 11. KABIRU ALI T/TOFA
12. YAKUBU ADAMU TAKAI L.G
13. KABIRU USAINI P.R.P
14. ABDULLAHI ADAMU TAKAI L.G
15. GOJE MAGAWATA DALA L.G
16. UMAR BAGWAI BAGWAI 17. BASHIR MUHAMMAD KABUGA QTRS
18. DANBABA MUSA GEZAWA
18. DANBABA MUSA GEZAWA
19. OGU CHUKWU UMOH EMIR ROAD

If the above list of some victims of Kano bombing is anything to talk about, it could be remotely entertained that the deaths of Achebe’s people, Nigerians, may have contributed to his death.

And where did u dig up dis stupid list from, dat danbaba guy, did he die twice or the other one is an identical twin. U are an asshole and that list is false.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Obiagu1(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
negosus: Wole Soyinka and JP Clark, just said exactly what I thought about his death.

I had that feeling too.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Obiagu1(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
I think Soyinka and Clark have heard from his family how he died sad
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by nagoma(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

To say the shock of Kano bombing killed Achebe, is prime shame and disgrage.

A great shame and a disgraceful act. Soyinka may have written some good stories in English but he has never been constructive , once a cultist always a cultist. He is a tribalist and a bigot who has never seen anything good coming out of the north. How can even a subnormal cretin say that an 83 year old geriatric terminally Ill with bronchopneumonia in hospital abroad will even know that there was a bomb in kano and because 3 Igbos and 17 NORTHERNERS were killed he went into shock? Bloody mischievous old haters angry, may they die of shock sad both of them Clark and soyinka - electric shock if possible.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by EkoIle1: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
Soyinka and the other old clowns were definitely high on ganja when they came up with that idi+otic nonsense.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by AndreUweh(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Please guys stop insulting Soyinka.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
nagoma:

A great shame and a disgraceful act. Soyinka may have written some good stories in English but he has never been constructive , once a cultist always a cultist. He is a tribalist and a bigot who has never seen anything good coming out of the north. How can even a subnormal cretin say that an 83 year old geriatric terminally Ill with bronchopneumonia in hospital abroad will even know that there was a bomb in kano and because 3 Igbos and 17 NORTHERNERS were killed he went into shock? Bloody mischievous old haters angry, may they die of shock sad both of them Clark and soyinka - electric shock if possible.

good for nothings. .

dont criticze someone unless you are in a position to do so. .
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by AndreUweh(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
~Bluetooth:

He should have died during the civil war when oju-iku killed over 2 million iboes.

Nonsense
Mods, do your job here.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Gamji007: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
nagoma:

A great shame and a disgraceful act. Soyinka may have written some good stories in English but he has never been constructive , once a cultist always a cultist. He is a tribalist and a bigot who has never seen anything good coming out of the north. How can even a subnormal cretin say that an 83 year old geriatric terminally Ill with bronchopneumonia in hospital abroad will even know that there was a bomb in kano and because 3 Igbos and 17 NORTHERNERS were killed he went into shock? Bloody mischievous old haters angry, may they die of shock from a 440KVA tension sad both of them Clark and soyinka - electric shock if possible.

Amen cheesy
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by EkoIle1: 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
Andre Uweh: Please guys stop insulting Soyinka.

He's nobody's god and he's not above criticism. Abeg keep your mouth shut.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Orikinla(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
In the Month of the Ashes of Great Souls

I turned my face to the wall, because I did not want anyone to see my tears as I gazed at the front page The Guardian on Saturday. The headline and his portrait stared at me.
Achebe, Big Iroko, Falls.
The last time I saw a great Iroko tree fall was as a child in my village of Umuekuele Aforugiri in Ohuhu of Umuahia North local government area in Abia State and the whole village was thrown into 30 days of mourning with feasting for a fallen tree.
Achebe was mightier than an Iroko tree. He was the awesome Ugo, the great eagle that can soar higher than any other bird in the sky.
The great eagle that dared to fly even in the eclipse of the sun.
The great eagle that flew over the seven seas.
The great eagle has flown away with the immortal spirits of our great ancestors.
I know that the whole of his Ikenga-Ogidi community must be covered in sackcloth with long faces casting long shadows of mourners with grimaces of sorrows.

“No matter the reality, after the initial shock, and a sense of abandonment, we confidently assert that Chinua lives. His works provide their enduring testimony to the domination of the human spirit over the forces of repression, bigotry, and retrogression.”
~ J. P. CLARK and Wole SOYINKA, the Guardian of Saturday March 23, 2013.

Before the passage of the great Achebe at 82, the great Yoruba Christian missionary, Prophet Timothy Obadare passed on in Akure on Thursday March 21, 2013 at 83. While millions of people have been touched by the enchanted words of Achebe in his numerous books, millions of people have been moved by the awesome testimonies and miracles of Obadare, the founder of the popular evangelical mission World Soul Winning Evangelical Ministry (WOSEM) in Nigeria and abroad.

Then I opened the white envelope from our neighbor Mr. Agiande.
I could guess what was inside.
The invitation to the obsequies of his great father, Pa Thompson Abakam Agiande of Bebuabie Village in Obudu, Cross River State. He was 93 years old.
Yes. Pa Agiande was a great man.
The grandfather of beautiful grand daughters and wonderful grandsons including my best friends in Nigeria, Roy, Thompson, Emmanuel and Cynthia who are well bred children of gentleman Mr. Agiande and his God sent wife Mrs. Agiande.
One day when I suddenly passed out it was in their home that I was revived. Even when the first copy of The Prophet Lied arrived from the American publishers, I happily showed it to the Agiandes who have never failed to lift my spirits out of the doldrums of despair and increased the momentum of the wind I needed to fly higher to greater heights of success. So, I thank God for the long life of Pa Agiande, and pray to be blessed like wisely with each passing day as we continue the great journey home with the echoes of the voices of our wise men and women blowing in the winds and in our caravans we tell the unforgettable tales of this month of the ashes of great souls.

http://kissesandroses..com/2013/03/in-month-of-ashes-of-great-souls.html

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by naptu2: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
Kai! Nigeria!

This is a very simple thing. Punch decided to play up the Kano angle in order to get more sales/hits, but take a good look at what Soyinka and Clark wrote. They did not say that the bomb blast killed him. They said they wonder if it hastened the undermining of his will.

Basically, they are trying to use Achebe's death to highlight what happened in Kano (and has been happening in northern Nigeria for a while) which is the killing of innocent people (much like the way Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti used Fela's death to highlight the scourge of HIV/AIDS), something that Achebe would have been against.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by djon78(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
These men Soyinka, Achebe, JP Clarke were rare of a kind ever to walk the face of this continent. Its a pity rather abominable men without any iota of character have been runing the affairs of this country for the past 4 decades and we do we expect anything good to come out of this country? No

I pray that the legacies of these men last for generations while the abominable men reap their reward.
Re: Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death – Soyinka, Clark by Duru1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
Let Amadioha strike the putrid mouth that insulted Acbebe, Soyinka or Clarke

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chris Anyanwu's Bill Did Not Set 11 Years As The Age Of Consent (to Sexual Acts) / EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch / APC Appoints Lanre Issa-Oniku As New Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.