Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,805 members, 7,837,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Early Morning Mouth Bleeding - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Early Morning Mouth Bleeding (2011 Views)

Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty / Top 5 Advantages Of Drinking Water Early Morning(empty Stomach) / Causes Of Yellow,smelly Stone-like Lump In The Mouth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by valicious1(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2013
Goodday people. My good friend was telling me some days ago about the predicament he has been going through for some years. He always chews(nothing) unconsiously whenever he is sleeping and in the process severly bites his tongue & other inner membrane of his mouth. He says the matter has gotten so bad that he doesn't have his breakfasts anymore because of pains & now an a vitamin c addict. What can actually be done in this case?
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by rodeo0070(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
valicious1: Goodday people. My good friend was telling me some days ago about the predicament he has been going through for some years. He always chews(nothing) unconsiously whenever he is sleeping and in the process severly bites his tongue & other inner membrane of his mouth. He says the matter has gotten so bad that he doesn't have his breakfasts anymore because of pains & now an a vitamin c addict. What can actually be done in this case?

Let him meet a psychologist or a sleep health professional. And above all, let him go for a blood test...
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by funkybaby(f): 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ask your friend to see a very good dentist.

He needs to have his teeth checked and he will most likely have to wear a "mouth guard" at night.

Check out this thread for more info: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/mouth-guards

I have a friend that had a similar problem . . . . In his case, just teeth grinding at night. All he did was to see the dentist.
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by abmoslincoln: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2013
Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums surrounding the teeth. Gingivitis is one of many periodontal diseases that affect the health of the periodontium (those tissues that surround the teeth and include the gums, soft tissues, and bone). Chronic gingivitis leads to receding gums and can cause permanent damage to teeth. Gingivitis is a common cause of gum disease and a form of periodontitis.

Periodontal diseases are often classified according to their severity. They range from mild gingivitis, to more severe periodontitis, and more uncommon but serious acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis, which can be life-threatening.

•Bacteria can cause inflammation of the gums. Although bacteria are normally found in our bodies and provide protective effects most of the time, bacteria can be harmful. The mouth is an ideal place for bacteria to live. The warm, moist environment and constant food supply are everything bacteria need to thrive. If not for a healthy immune system, bacteria in the mouth would rapidly reproduce out of control, overwhelming the body's defense system.
•An infection begins when the body's immune system is overwhelmed. Gingivitis is an infection that occurs when bacteria invade soft tissues, bone, and other places that bacteria should not be. At the moment of infection, bacteria no longer help us, they begin to harm us. Infections, like other diseases, range from mild to severe or life-threatening.
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by abmoslincoln: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2013
you can get in touch if you want to some help 07036507238 or abmoslincoln@yahoo.com
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by valicious1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
rodeo0070:

Let him meet a psychologist or a sleep health professional. And above all, let him go for a blood test...
Thanks but why blood test?
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by valicious1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
abmoslincoln: you can get in touch if you want to some help 07036507238 or abmoslincoln@yahoo.com
I'll foward your info to him ASAP. Thanks
Re: Early Morning Mouth Bleeding by valicious1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
funkybaby: Ask your friend to see a very good dentist.

He needs to have his teeth checked and he will most likely have to wear a "mouth guard" at night.

Check out this thread for more info: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/mouth-guards

I have a friend that had a similar problem . . . . In his case, just teeth grinding at night. All he did was to see the dentist.
Ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

8 Signs You're Eating Too Much Sugar / How To Stop Hair Growth On The Jaw / 7 Active Home Remedies For Cough – No. 2 Costs Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.