Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited (14860 Views)

Brown Knowledge Anderson Dies In Hotel Room / CPC Denies Knowledge Of Buhari's 2015 Posters / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by maclatunji: 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
This thread is proving to me that my hypothesis on Christians in Nigeria is almost certainly correct! Many of them would rather have Boko Haram just to assure themselves that "Islam and Muslims are bad" rather than have peace and learn that Islam establishes peace and decorum when truly practised.

Ironically, many of them are quick to dash to Dubai, Malaysia and even Qatar to live under Muslim rule. Their hypocrisy is deep. I call this phenomenon the Complicit Victim Syndrome (CVS).

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by ifihearam: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
jerseyboy: Sir, Mr Soyinka, this time you are WRONG. Boko Haram are TRUE muslims. They understand Islam more than anyone else. Mohammed will be very proud of them if he where alive.

i agree

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by grafikii: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

That's not conspiracy theory, bro... I'm speaking the truth...

If the muslims mods won't hide my post - I'll post the history of the black kaaba stone here and the history of where Islam started here with archaeological facts - not hear say and study...

It seems most of you just thrive in stupidity and reading jejune tales without asking for facts with proofs...

I reiterate: Saudi Arabia is a fraudulent holy land for Islam! The place has done more harm to Islam than good... Heck, they created the Salafism ideology..
pls post them, I am a muslim and my religion comands me to seek knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Dollarjunkie: 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=32pt]ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PISS.
A TRUE AND REAL MUSLIM IS A PISSFUL INDIVIDUAL.

[/size]

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by ifihearam: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji: This thread is proving to me that my hypothesis on Christians in Nigeria is almost certainly correct! Many of them would rather have Boko Haram just to assure themselves that "Islam and Muslims are bad" rather than have peace and learn that Islam establishes peace and decorum when truly practised.

Ironically, many of them are quick to dash to Dubai, Malaysia and even Qatar to live under Muslim rule. Their hypocrisy is deep. I call this phenomenon the Complicit Victim Syndrome (CVS).

if there is anyone who is a fanatic you are a very good example. With your likes you will never have more converts to islam because islam is synonymous to terrorism.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by maclatunji: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
ifihearam:

if there is anyone who is a fanatic you are a very good example. With your likes you will never have more converts to islam because islam is synonymous to terrorism.

Got thrashed? #LOL CVS is a bad thing, stay clear of it.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Paschal007: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
deols:

People who fail to speak the truth because they are christians and think they must be against Muslims any way anyhow even if they will have to lie.

And many of you on this forum are in that category.
There wouldn't be any reason for Christians to be against muslims if they are not killing Christians and bombing churches here and there. For a long time in this country Christians have been on the receiving end of muslims violence.

You should be ashamed of those killing in the of your religion not us the victims. verstanden?
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by manny4life(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
ifihearam:

Lol

Abeg leave the dude jor, he'll try to justify their evil acts.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by kuss: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan:

STOP UR IGNORANCE PLS.
IF U WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ISLAM, GO READ THE HOLY QURAN.

TUFIAKWA TO BECOME A SUICIDE BOMBER OR WHAT

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by ifihearam: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
kuss:

ask them for me
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by manny4life(m): 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
kuss:

It's called the

[size=16pt]Certified Training Manual for Terrorism[/size]

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by theripper2: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
Something to propitiate the Mohammedans with. Islam is what it is. A willfully malicious barbarian religion hell bent on World domination.

Soyinka or not cannot change that FACT. The signs are evident from sudan to somalia to pakistan to iraq to Northern Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tomakint: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL, the 'tebliks' actually don't believe in fighting.

You must be a 'Funky Muslim' grin
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by kuss: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji: This thread is proving to me that my hypothesis on Christians in Nigeria is almost certainly correct! Many of them would rather have Boko Haram just to assure themselves that "Islam and Muslims are bad" rather than have peace and learn that Islam establishes peace and decorum when truly practised.

OLODO, WHAT ABOUT IRAQ, SYRIA, AFGHANISTAN, IRAN, PAKISTAN, LEBANON, SUDAN, MALI AND SO ON
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
grafikii:
pls post them, I am a muslim and my religion comands me to seek knowledge.

Ok bro., the black stone in Kaaba was worshipped by Pagans before Muhammed started teaching about Islam - and Kaaba was a shrine for the pagan deities of Arabs... The Kaaba was rededicated to Islam and Allah after prophet Muhammed established control over Mecca... The black stone is probably a meteorite(definitely a meteorite lol) but ignorant Arab people of the middle-ages thought God sent it to them from heaven... Then early Muslims changed it to God/Angel Gabriel sending it to Ishmael...

So, if the black stone in Kaaba was worshipped by Arab pagans in Mecca long before Islam got there - how does it make Mecca/Saudi Arabia the holy land, when the holiness associated with Mecca/Saudi Arabia(kaaba shrine and the black stone) isn't of Islam origin Saudi Arabia and Mecca are fraudulent holy land for Islam..

There are more sacred and holy places for Islam in Timbuktu than Saudi Arabia - hence why these Salafists from Saudi Arabia were trying to destroy the place... Heck, all those who have destroyed and looted Timbuktu in history are freaking Arabs!!!

PS: I'm posting from my phone now - I'll post the link in a bit when I switch to a PC...
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by babyphaze07(m): 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
If Wole Soyinka says Boko haram has little knowledge of Quran, wat are we to say in other African countries like Mali and some many Asia countries like Syria in which there has bin pandemonium all this while. These people know wat they are doing. It is wat they read in d quran that they are practicing. Islam has always been troubling language. A true muslim dat follow the laid down rules of the quran will chaotical and have a mind of formenting troubles.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tomakint: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=32pt]ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.
A TRUE AND REAL MUSLIM IS A PEACEFUL INDIVIDUAL.

BOKO HARAMS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE JUST IGNORANT FANATIC PAGANS HIDING UNDER ISLAM.
[/size]
For the mere fact that you need to tell me (a non muslim) that your religion is peaceful, then there is a problem with it, why? I should be able to see it (the peace) in your religion not you shouting it for others to see undecided

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by miftah: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lilimax: This is not true at all.Boko Haram members carry out their suicide misson based on the promises of 72 virgins in Al-janah. This is what they are thought in their religion. Afterall 99.9% of Boko Harams are Moslems.

I pity u pity ur reasoning
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by UnimkeAk(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=32pt]ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.
A TRUE AND REAL MUSLIM IS A PEACEFUL INDIVIDUAL.

BOKO HARAMS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE JUST IGNORANT FANATIC PAGANS HIDING UNDER ISLAM.
[/size]
[size=8pt]

Majority of the followers of Islam are very violent in nature.
Most of u might hv seen Family Guy or American Dad (a cartoon Tvseries), it is filled with several episodes depicting Jesus & God in wrng ways. so hilarious u only aware of ur self after a hard laugh. Gbam something about Mohammed and Islam comes for second and there's wide violent protest all over the middle east, northern Africa & Nigeria. Then a clerics sits on his mat and issues a fatwua (dnt kno the correct spelling bt u kno wat am taking abt) demanding for producers to b killed. wtf RELIGION OF PEACE really really?
You Saying BH are fanatics hiding under islam, y can't the hide under any other religion?? How about Alqeada, Taliban, Alshabab ??

Christian believers are not perfect but we all know that peace is preached and 99.9% live it.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by miftah: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
ifihearam:

ask them for me
of course ur reasoning can turn u to a suicide bomber, stop talking rubbish
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
Real black muslims in the diaspora know the truth about Mecca, hence why no knowledgeable black muslim out here has time for Mecca... Nation of Islam is black people's form of Islam, they're taking our shiit back... grin No time for the frauds in Saudi Arabia!!!

Btw, Abrahamaic religions are about astrology - hence why Muslims face the East when praying - that's the point where the sun rises from...
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by GEJTILL2019(m): 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
Words related to islam=bomb,gun,fire,gunmen,sucide bombing,terrorism,rape,killing,war,famine,bokoharam,al-qaeda,taliban,rebel,nuclear weapon,attaking GEJ,insult,osama,gadafi,saddam,abubakar shekau,kabiru sokoto..etc..and u tell me islam is a religion of peace? 4uk islam,4uk maclatunji,4uk APC,4uk sheik gumi.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Coolboi05(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lilimax: This is not true at all.Boko Haram members carry out their suicide misson based on the promises of 72 virgins in Al-janah. This is what they are thought in their religion. Afterall 99.9% of Boko Harams are Moslems.
sister i dey pity yr lyf o...u get brain at ol?? No ansa me itz a question??*idiota*
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

So, if the black stone in Kaaba was worshipped by Arab pagans in Mecca long before Islam got there - how does it make Mecca/Saudi Arabia the holy land, when the holiness associated with Mecca/Saudi Arabia(kaaba shrine and the black stone) isn't of Islam origin Saudi Arabia and Mecca are fraudulent holy land for Islam..

This is quite silly, if you have read a little of the Quran, you will find out that muslims believe that the Kaaba was built by Abraham and Ishmael and dedicated to God... The generations that came after them corrupted the faith and filled the kaaba with the idols. Even the pagan worshippers believed in a supreme god even though they used the idols as intercessors.

If you did a little bit of history, you would also find out that there were some people in mecca who were holding on to what they felt was the origin religion of Abraham, the pure religion. They just worshipped the supreme god without intercessors, some of these guys are recorded in the history books.

You have not said anything new, again, stop the conspiracy.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
kuss:

You must think that you are funny. I am confident that no follower of the Qur'an will commit suicide.

The reason is in the Qur'an: “And do not throw (yourselves) with your own hands to destruction; but work (deeds of) excellence for verily Allah loves the people of excellence.” [Surah Baqarah 2:195]
Thus we are ordered to not destroy ourselves rather to direct the mind and energies to doing good deeds that please Allah.
In another verse, “And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allaah is Most merciful to you.” [Surah Nisaa 4:29]
In the hadith also, the prophet S.A.W whom you all think they are following warned against it:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire."
—Sahih al-Bukhari, 2:23:446

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."
— Sahih al-Bukhari, 7:71:670
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by freakyamanda(f): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
The truth is that for every violent muslim, there are several peaceful muslims. Even though there is violence in many muslim nations, like afghanistan, iraq etc, there is also peace in other islamic nations like dubai, qatar, malaysia and turkey. The hypocrisy of many christians is just stunning. I am a christian and I will see the fact and speak it anywhere I go. Most of the violence is politically motivated and anyone either christian or muslim sees it easy to justify his evil actions by religion because that is how he can whip up sentiments among his own people. the problem is that many moslems are uneducated and so are largely ignorant while many christians have education because of the western legacy. What we should focus on is to try and educate more moslems about life, including their religion rather than fanning the flames of war. Powerful people on both sides are scheming to perpetrate themselves in power by casting the other religion as evil. Wake up my people. Islam is not synonymous with evil and it will never be. Christians have also commited evil in their history. Check the holocaust and the crusades. It is the moral responsibility of people with conscience to identify good or evil wherever they see it and say it as it is, not defining everything in terms of religion.

If you still think Islam is evil, then I forbid you to go to Dubai and other beautiful arab states.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx: Real black muslims in the diaspora know the truth about Mecca, hence why no knowledgeable black muslim out here has time for Mecca... Nation of Islam is black people's form of Islam, they're taking our shiit back... grin No time for the frauds in Saudi Arabia!!!

Btw, Abrahamaic religions are about astrology - hence why Muslims face the East when praying - that's the point where the sun rises from...

Again, a foolish statement void of facts.

The first caller to prayer in Islam was a black man: Bilal

Also muslims face the sacred mosque when they pray. It has nothing to do with astrology. You should at least read the Quran. If i live in china, i would be facing west to pray.

.......Turn your face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque: wherever you [believers] may be, turn your faces to it. Those who were given the Scripture know with certainty that this is the Truth from their Lord: God is not unaware of what they do. (Surah 2:144)

Again, you are bringing conspiracies.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:
This is quite silly, if you have read a little of the Quran, you will find out that muslims believe that the Kaaba was built by Abraham and Ishmael and dedicated to God... The generations that came after them corrupted the faith and filled the kaaba with the idols. Even the pagan worshippers believed in a supreme god even though they used the idols as intercessors.

If you did a little bit of history, you would also find out that there were some people in mecca who were holding on to what they felt was the origin religion of Abraham, the pure religion. They just worshipped the supreme god without intercessors, some of these guys are recorded in the history books.

You have not said anything new, again, stop the conspiracy.

How did Abraham build the Kaaba when it's a proven fact that Abraham never walked this planet History was an allegorical story and his two wives represented two covenants - even apostle Paul alluded to this in the book of Galatians 4... And how can someone build a meteorite, anyway

Questions for you:

- Who were in Mecca before Islam got there?
- Was the Kaaba in Mecca before Islam got there??
- What was it used for??
- And if the Kaaba was there before Islam, how come Muslims now claimed the Kaaba to be theirs??

Stay away from having a "monorail mind/thought-process" - think critically.... undecided
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nation of Islam

Oh my god... I should have known... What nonsense!!
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by grafikii: 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

Ok bro., the black stone in Kaaba was worshipped by Pagans before Muhammed started teaching about Islam - and Kaaba was a shrine for the pagan deities of Arabs... The Kaaba was rededicated to Islam and Allah after prophet Muhammed established control over Mecca... The black stone is probably a meteorite(definitely a meteorite lol) but ignorant Arab people of the middle-ages thought God sent it to them from heaven... Then early Muslims changed it to God/Angel Gabriel sending it to Ishmael...

There are more sacred and holy places for Islam in Timbuktu than Saudi Arabia - hence why these Salafists from Saudi Arabia were trying to destroy the place... Heck, all those who have destroyed and looted Timbuktu in history are freaking Arabs!!!

PS: I'm posting from my phone now - I'll post the link in a bit when I switch to a PC...
ok I will wait, while you switch, I would be doing my own research as to why arabs hate the Timbuktu, pls mactunji can you shed some light on this
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Parnassuss(m): 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan:
[size=16pt]JUST SHUT UP YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH.[/size]

Says thee peaceful man of religion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Governors Meet Buhari On Ministerial Nominees Tuesday / Buhari Receives Emir Of Yobe And His Delegates In Abuja(photos) / APC Website Publishes Plagiarised Manifesto - The Guardian Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.