Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,666 members, 7,854,793 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited (14867 Views)

Brown Knowledge Anderson Dies In Hotel Room / CPC Denies Knowledge Of Buhari's 2015 Posters / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tawa89(f): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

What's the difference between a Temple and a Church What do they do there Are both places not where people worship their God and practice their religion??

Are you this dumb or just feigning it??
even the Muslim dude knows the difference between a Church and a Synagogue . Between, stop using abusive words and argue maturedly .
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
tawa89: the jewish temple is called a synagogue and not a Church. A church is an assembly of christians. The word 'christians' was used in Antioch and became popular in the 2nd century. So how did Christ go to 'church' went he wasnt even a Christian .LOL u are funny tho. Comic relief i tell ya * pardon my errors no time to proof read*

Another cat-50 MO.RON!!!

Church synonyms according to the dictionary:
Lord's house, abbey, basilica, bethel, cathedral, chancel, chantry, chapel, fold, house of God, house of prayer, house of worship, minster, mission, mosque, oratory, parish, sacellum, sanctuary, shrine, synagogue, tabernacle, [size=14pt]temple[/size].

If English isn't your fist language - stick to writing in Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa... undecided

If the people in the old testament aren't part of Christianity - why do you lot carry their stories about in your Bible You might as well take them out of there and make it an exclusive book about Jesus and what happened after him... grin
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
tawa89: even the Muslim dude knows the difference between a Church and a Synagogue . Between, stop using abusive words and argue maturedly .

The muslim guy has no argument - he's just trying to save face after Saudi Arabia and the black stone in Kaaba have been outed... There's nothing holy in kissing a damn meteorite - and there's nothing holy or sacred about no damn Mecca or Saudi Arabia... Just a country of ragheads who used to be camel jockeys, period!! undecided
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
freakyamanda: The truth is that for every violent muslim, there are several peaceful muslims. Even though there is violence in many muslim nations, like afghanistan, iraq etc, there is also peace in other islamic nations like dubai, qatar, malaysia and turkey. The hypocrisy of many christians is just stunning. I am a christian and I will see the fact and speak it anywhere I go. Most of the violence is politically motivated and anyone either christian or muslim sees it easy to justify his evil actions by religion because that is how he can whip up sentiments among his own people. the problem is that many moslems are uneducated and so are largely ignorant while many christians have education because of the western legacy. What we should focus on is to try and educate more moslems about life, including their religion rather than fanning the flames of war. Powerful people on both sides are scheming to perpetrate themselves in power by casting the other religion as evil. Wake up my people. Islam is not synonymous with evil and it will never be. Christians have also commited evil in their history. Check the holocaust and the crusades. It is the moral responsibility of people with conscience to identify good or evil wherever they see it and say it as it is, not defining everything in terms of religion.

If you still think Islam is evil, then I forbid you to go to Dubai and other beautiful arab states.
May God,Jehovah ,Continue to bless ur reasoning faculty and ur whole self,Amen....!!! Same for me too,and many others who embrace the TRUTH for truth sake....not consipracy!!!
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji: Ironically, many of them are quick to dash to Dubai, Malaysia and even Qatar to live under Muslim rule. Their hypocrisy is deep. I call this phenomenon the Complicit Victim Syndrome (CVS).

This inspite of Islam only proves how deperate the Nigerian condition has become.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Real comic relief on this thread... grin grin

Your initial comments were decent but you just had to go into your conspiracy stuff and ruined everything.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by deols(f): 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
OMG!
Can't even follow anymore.

But I must say that Shymmex's angle is so not it..well after d first 2 pages.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
deols: OMG!
Can't even follow anymore.

But I must say that Shymmex's angle is so not it..well after d first 2 pages.

I speak the truth - no loyalty for frauds disguised as religions to save humanity...

Anyway, have you kissed something similar to the picture below, or are you planning to kiss it??

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
^^^^Don't kiss that damn meteorite, babes!!! grin grin grin

Islam is alright, but Saudi Arabia and Salafism destroyed the religion by indoctrinating people with nonsense... And there's nothing holy about that damn place, just a pagan shrine housing meteorites...

Harar is still there in Eastern Ethiopia and Timbuktu is there in Mali for black muslims who want to learn about true Islam.. Stop following those Arab camel jockeys...

The Nation of gods and earths - leave those smelly Arabs alone..
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
AbdH:
Where were you when masquerades were killing Muslims? Were all the actions of reverend King preached in the bible? Your understanding of Islam is just like boko haram's.
Reverend king action is not preached in the bible and no one is asking amnesty for him though he killed one person. King's action is not a recurring decimal in Christianity and may the future of our religion not be cursed with acts of terrorism.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tichazSon: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
Bobandgreat: Soyinka, u r an etheist. No need to b diplomatic here. Boko Haram have indepth knowledge of Islam thats y they kill and maim. Those muslims who r not violent yet have not attained that level of understanding of the Koran. They are like a dormant volcano, at the right chemical and physical condition it will explode.
Be factual aand unbiased
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by maclatunji: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

The muslim guy has no argument - he's just trying to save face after Saudi Arabia and the black stone in Kaaba have been outed... There's nothing holy in kissing a meteorite

At bolded, we know. Read this:

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 66
Narrated 'Abis bin Rabia: Umar came near the
Black Stone and kissed it and said "NO
DOUBT, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND
CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM
ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle
kissing you I would not have kissed you."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675:
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who
said: "Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the
Corner (Black Stone) saying, 'BY ALLAH! I
KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN
NEITHER BENEFIT NOR HARM. Had I not seen
the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I
would never have touched (and kissed) you.'
Then he kissed it and said, 'There is no reason
for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we
wanted to show off before the pagans, and
now Allah has destroyed them.' 'Umar added,
'(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we
do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).'"

Learn more here http://www.answering-christianity.com/black_stone.htm

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by dfolan: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan:

STOP UR IGNORANCE PLS.
IF U WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ISLAM, GO READ THE HOLY QURAN.
looking at your comment, I can infer that you are just fanatically religious
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji:

At bolded, we know. Read this:

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 66
Narrated 'Abis bin Rabia: Umar came near the
Black Stone and kissed it and said "NO
DOUBT, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND
CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM
ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle
kissing you I would not have kissed you."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675:
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who
said: "Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the
Corner (Black Stone) saying, 'BY ALLAH! I
KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN
NEITHER BENEFIT NOR HARM. Had I not seen
the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I
would never have touched (and kissed) you.'
Then he kissed it and said, 'There is no reason
for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we
wanted to show off before the pagans, and
now Allah has destroyed them.' 'Umar added,
'(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we
do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).'"

Learn more here http://www.answering-christianity.com/black_stone.htm
Don't mind them. They know that Muslims are not spiritually attached to the stone. They just derive pleasure in faulting Islam.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

I reiterate: go read Galatians 4 to know if Abraham, Hagar, Hannah, Ishmael, and Isaac walked this planet or not.. Apostle Paul already answered your question there when he was speaking to the Galatians...
Mr Shymexx,what do you know concerning Galatians 4 ? Let's have it on here before we start to dissect that one !
Let us see this Gal 4 from verse 22
''For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, one by the handmaid, and one by the freewoman.Howbeit the son by the handmaid is born after the flesh; but the son by the freewoman is born through promise.[/b]Which things contain an [b]allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.Now this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia and answereth to the Jerusalem that now is: for she is in bondage with her children.But the Jerusalem that is above is free, which is our mother.For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; Break forth and cry, thou that travailest not:For more are the children of the desolate than of her that hath the husband.
Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, so also it is now.Howbeit what saith the scripture? Cast out the handmaid and her son: for the son of the handmaid shall not inherit with the son of the freewoman. Wherefore, brethren, we are not children of a handmaid,but of the freewoman.
Which things contain an allegory !
What is an allegory ? An allegory is a story,poem or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning typically a moral or political one !
What i want us to pick out from the meaning of allegory is'that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning'
From the scripture above,let us lift up what Apostle paul means when he said the (TRUE) Abrahamic story regarding Sarah,Hagar,Isaac and Ishmael which things contain an allegory ! He tried to bring out the Allegory(hidden meaning) in the story.
Now the hidden truth (allegory)
1.Now these women (Sarah & Hagar) are two covenants. Hidden truth no.1
2.One from mount sinai,Hager bearing children unto bondage. Hidden truth no. 2
3.The Jerusalem that is above (sarah) is free bearing free children. Hidden truth no.3
4.One under the law(Hagar)the other free (Sarah. Hidden truth no.4
Paul said to the Galatians that Isaac was he who is free and who is of the promise and SO ARE THE GALATIANS ! You see the real truth that was hidden that he called allegory which he explained to them ! He said as the bond persecuted the free Sarah's child Isaac so are the Galatians now ! What an allegory ! He told them(Galatians) that they are not children of the handmaid but the FREEWOMAN !
Just for clarity to avoid misinterpretation and misunderstanding !
Anyways,go ahead with ur discussion,i'm enjoying it cos i'm learning
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The Islamic scholars with good intentions did not do justice to the below in the quran so the others(Boko & the rest) took advantage of it !
[b]Sura 4:101-''Regarding infidels,they are the Muslim's inveterate enemies''
Sura 9:5-''Muslims are to arrest them,besiege them and lie in ambush everywhere for them.Seieze them(unbelievers)and put them to death wherever you find them,kill them wherever you find them.
Sura 4:90-''Seek out the enemies of Islam relentlesly
Sura 2:193-''Fight them until Islam reign supreme
Sura 2:193-''Cut off their heads and cut off the tips of their fingers Sura 8:12
Sura 9:39-''If a muslim does not go to war Allah will kill him
Sura 9:81-'' the heat of war is fierce but more fierce is the heat of hell
Sura 22:78-''Fight for the cause of Allah with the devotion due to him
Sura 9:123-''Make war with the unbelievers who live around you
Sura 48:29-''Be ruthless to unbelievers
Sura 8:69-''Enjoy the good things you have gained through fighting
Sura 6:152 Kill any person you wish if it be a just cause
Sura 61:3 Allah love those who fight for his cause
Sura 5:34 any one who fights against Allah or renounces islam in favor of another religion shall be put to death or crucified or have his hand and feet cut off alternative sides Sura-5:34
Sahih Al-Bukhari-''Whoever changes his islamic religion,kill him.
Quran 9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them,and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.
Quran 69:30-37-''Take him and fetter and expose him to hell fire
Quran 8:12-'' I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers,smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them
Quran 5:33-'' They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4 P55- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords ![/b]

The above is what Shekau and the others sell to their members !

Besides wat u just stated above, look at dis part critically,

"Nor take
life -- which Allaah has made sacred
-- except for just cause. And if
anyone is slain wrongfully, we have
given his heir authority (to demand
retaliation or to forgive): but let
him not exceed bounds in the
matter of taking life, for he is
helped (by the Law)." [Quran 17:33]

U see, d quran stated dat life should not be taken "except for just cause". Wat then is ur definition of "just cause", since, d quran did not actually specify, "just cause" could be seen and has been seen as getting rid of unbelievers (christian), therein is where the misconception lies. D tin is this, d quran did not categorically say that taking life was bad, that is where the problem started, the quran merely gave room for excuses, that is why someone did a cartoon mocking the prophet Mohammed somewhere in Germany nd violence ensued nd Nigerians wanted to start theirs, dat misconception dat slandering the prophet (which is wrong by the way), is cause enough to slaugter the perpetrators ( nd their likes, because nothing concern us nah). Am not suggesting anytin, its just how I see it.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
njokusboy:

"Nor take

U see, d quran stated dat life should not be taken "except for just cause". Wat then is ur definition of "just cause", since, d quran did not actually specify, "just cause" could be seen and has been seen as getting rid of unbelievers (christian), therein is where the misconception lies. D tin is this, d quran did not categorically say that taking life was bad, that is where the problem started, the quran merely gave room for excuses, that is why someone did a cartoon mocking the prophet Mohammed somewhere in Germany nd violence ensued nd Nigerians wanted to start theirs, dat misconception dat slandering the prophet (which is wrong by the way), is cause enough to slaugter the perpetrators ( nd their likes, because nothing concern us nah). Am not suggesting anytin, its just how I see it.

There are punishments for crimes like murder in the sharia that carry the death penalty... That is a just cause... This can only be carried out by the state. It says taking a life is a crime as great as killing the whole of humanity.

An individual muslim does not have the right to retaliate or attack a person. He only has the right to self defence. This is clear from the sharia. Those powers only belong to the state.

People can express their displeasure without destroying things, that goes against the sharia. A person has to be convicted of a crime first.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Whoever kills a mu‘aahid (a non-Muslim living under Muslim rule) will not smell the fragrance of Paradise, although its fragrance may be detected from a distance of forty years.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2995

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
njokusboy:

"Nor take

May God help us all !
If i go to heaven and find Muslims(who do not believe that Jesus is the son of God) there,i will give thanks to God but i will ask our lord Jesus some questions which i am very sure that HE will answer be the Grace of God !
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:

There are punishments for crimes like murder in the sharia that carry the death penalty... That is a just cause... This can only be carried out by the state. It says taking a life is a crime as great as killing the whole of humanity.

An individual muslim does not have the right to retaliate or attack a person. He only has the right to self defence. This is clear from the sharia. Those powers only belong to the state.

People can express their displeasure without destroying things, that goes against the sharia. A person has to be convicted of a crime first.

I don't know much about the sharia law, am however, not sure there is a punishment in the sharia law for killing christians as against killing fellow muslims. Hope u follow (correct me if am wrong).
Secondly, it didn't say taking life was entirely wrong, it said taking life for no just cause was wrong nd we both know " just cause" is a relative term. It depends on whether u tink taking the life of someone against islam(christians for instance) is a just cause, if u don't tink so, others might tink otherwise.

Thirdly, in response to ur last statement, how many tyms have displeasures by islamists been protested without violence in dis country specifically Again correct me if am wrong
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:

Can i kill trying to self defend my self ?
God help us
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:

Please reconcile the above with the below for me !
Sura 4:101-''Regarding infidels,they are the Muslim's inveterate enemies''
Sura 9:5-''Muslims are to arrest them,besiege them and lie in ambush everywhere for them.Seieze them(unbelievers)and put them to death wherever you find them,kill them wherever you find them.
Sura 4:90-''Seek out the enemies of Islam relentlesly
Sura 2:193-''Fight them until Islam reign supreme
Sura 2:193-''Cut off their heads and cut off the tips of their fingers Sura 8:12
Sura 9:39-''If a muslim does not go to war Allah will kill him
Sura 9:81-'' the heat of war is fierce but more fierce is the heat of hell
Sura 22:78-''Fight for the cause of Allah with the devotion due to him
Sura 9:123-''Make war with the unbelievers who live around you
Sura 48:29-''Be ruthless to unbelievers
Sura 8:69-''Enjoy the good things you have gained through fighting
Sura 6:152 Kill any person you wish if it be a just cause
Sura 61:3 Allah love those who fight for his cause
Sura 5:34 any one who fights against Allah or renounces islam in favor of another religion shall be put to death or crucified or have his hand and feet cut off alternative sides Sura-5:34
Sahih Al-Bukhari-''Whoever changes his islamic religion,kill him.
Quran 9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them,and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.
Quran 69:30-37-''Take him and fetter and expose him to hell fire
Quran 8:12-'' I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers,smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them
Quran 5:33-'' They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4 P55- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords !
God help us all
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:

Can i kill trying to self defend ?
God help us
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Can i kill trying to self defend my self ?
God help us
Don't kill. You can always look at the assailant in admiration until he kills you.
Jokes apart, if you cherish your life, you should do anything to stay alive even if you have to kill someone who wants to kill you.
That is 'self defence'.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
^ 1. There is a punishment for killing anyone under the sharia and it is decided by the dead person's family. Christians in an Islamic state have an autonomous legal system so their crimes are not judged by the sharia. We do not have any true Islamic state in the real sense of the word in existence today.

2. The classical and historical understanding by muslims is one that has to do with what the justice system allows.

3. How many time do large protests happen in Nigeria without violence? June 12 protests, Abacha presidency protests..etc
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
AbdH:
Don't kill. You can always look at the assailant in admiration until he kills you.
Jokes apart, if you cherish your life, you should do anything to stay alive even if you have to kill someone who wants to kill you.
That is 'self defence'.
What will i gain to see others in hell while i make heaven by the grace of God ? It is becos i will not like to see people in hell while i'm in heaven that is why i preach the good news !
I pray God to help us know the truth,see the light and accept it.
God help us all
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Can i kill trying to self defend ?
God help us

if someone is trying to hurt me or my family.I would do what it takes to protect my family.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Summersland(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
My brother,tank u 4 dat,their jst hide unda muslim ni oooo
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Summersland(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
My brother,tank u 4 dat,their jst hidin unda muslim ni oooo
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Bobandgreat: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
U see the great difference between Islam and Christianity? Islam preaches to kill the assailant before he kills u, Christianity preaches to turn the other cheek when slapped i.e allow urself to be killed and leave the judgement for God. Now my question is, who ascertains for the muslims that somebody is coming to kill them, the person could just be coming to threaten u and naturally u believe its to kill u. So, according to ur religion u will kill that person to protect urself.

U can now see where their terrorists get their justification for killing from. They are convinced that their lives are threatened by a particular people (government, race, religion,etc) and they immediately act on instruction from their Koran, kill before they kill u.

That's y i say that a muslim is a potential killer because at the right condition/conviction (chemical and physical condition) he goes on a killing spree and justifies it with the Koran. What baffles me is y a great number of them develope that mindset at thesame time making them a terrorist organisation. But, i may be wrong on this one, i believe that they follow without questioning a member of their society (probably an Imam, Sheikh, Sultan or a rich man) such that when this person tells them u are about to be killed, they believe and start killing and maiming.

Invariably, every muslim can be switched off and on by a particular influential member of their society to kill and maim. In other words, every muslim is a killer either by conviction or by influence. A volcano just waiting to erupt.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ 1. There is a punishment for killing anyone under the sharia and it is decided by the dead person's family. Christians in an Islamic state have an autonomous legal system so their crimes are not judged by the sharia. We do not have any true Islamic state in the real sense of the word in existence today.

2. The classical and historical understanding by muslims is one that has to do with what the justice system allows.

3. How many time do large protests happen in Nigeria without violence? June 12 protests, Abacha presidency protests..etc

U just answered the question yourself, according to number 1, christians in an islamic community have an autonomous legal system, in order words the sharia law does not apply to christians, which also means that there is no statement in the sharia law for any form of punishment when a muslim murders a christian except when a muslim murders another muslim, which can also be interpreted as, "when a muslim murders a christian, the sharia law would not do anytin about it. Simple.

Secondly there is no classical or historical understanding of islam as related to wat the law stipulates, religion and law are different things and you know it. Why then is there a distinction between civil law and islamic law. For instance islamic law states that the hand of a thief should be cut of, is dat law in harmony with the law of the state? D tin is this, d quran does not clearly state that it is religiously wrong for a muslim to murder a christian(except for a just cause), most muslims feel that upholding the dignity of Allah, which might entail killing some christians in the process, is a just cause. SO U SEE. If u choose not to agree which am sure u wouldn't. I rest my case.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2013
You are confusing yourself,

i. If a muslim murders anyone, the case would be tried in the sharia court. Christian -christian crimes are judged according to their autonomous system.. Don't twist my words to mean something else. In the sharia system, the punishment for the crime of murder is decided by the family of the victim.

ii. In Islam, Religion and law are one and the same. An Islamic state rules by the dictates of the sharia. Every thing, i say here is what an Islamic state would do.

iii. If a person steals, you do not jump up and cut the hands. There are steps which must be decided by a court, An individual muslim can not just go and cut the hand of a thief. The same applies for any crime.

A person who steals because of poverty/hunger can not be punished because that is regarded as the failure of the state. The amount stolen has to be above a certain threshold, There must be witnesses and proof of the theft. This can only be proven by the court.

So like i said,retaliatory and preemptive attacks can only be carried out by the state, it is beyond the jurisdiction of the average muslim, otherwise there would be chaos. It has to be determined that a crime was actually committed in the first place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

U.S. Endorsement Shows Buhari Succeeding In Fight Against Corruption – Lai / Omo-agege’s Suspension, Caucus Ban: Pro-buhari Senators To Tackle Saraki, Others / Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emmergency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.