Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,627 members, 7,854,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited (14866 Views)

Brown Knowledge Anderson Dies In Hotel Room / CPC Denies Knowledge Of Buhari's 2015 Posters / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
deleted.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by deliveryboy: 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
I totally agree with Soyinka on this, you are only trying to associate Islam with violence when you know that that there are more cases of violent killings in the christian dominated southern Nigeria, I did my national youth service in the east and one always woke up to see dead bodies in the streets of Aba, so is Onisha, people still kill and use clay to bake human flesh in most parts of the eastern Nig. Anambra and Akwa Ibom states had the highest murder cases(both 70% of national murder cases), Ezu river bodies were not likely to have been dumped by muslims, neither was Alu community a muslim community, life has little or no value in these areas, just that you pple are masters of conceal, rather u focus on other ppl to hide your flaws. Besides the bible is still d book with most violent stories of ravages I've read so far.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Madawaki01(m): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
tomakint: [size=32pt]AGREED BOKO HARAMS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE JUST FOLLOWERS OF MUHAMMAD (PBUH) AND WORSHIPERS OF ALLAH undecided [/size]

Our Own Wole Soyinka I totally disagree with you on this! Those tebliks who beat up masquerades in Oshogbo, Ibadan, Abeokuta are muslims and not Boko Harams, those who beheaded Gideon Akaluka in 1994 are not boko harams but are muslims, those who beat up Oloolu (a famous Masquerade) and his followers at Ibadan last year are muslims and not boko harams, the message is very clear there is a connection from Islam to what boko harams are doing and that is VIOLENCE! Truth be told cool
do u knw d crimes oloolu nd his followers perpetrate?they wreak havoc whereva they go,d govt didn't want to ban it so as nt to tamper wit d custom...blieve me,they're real nuisance..nd who told u dat it was muslims who attackd him..it was his 4llowers who attackd him..i saw it wit mai own eyes...since his followers ar allowd to carry canes nd matchetes...it wasn't muslims but a thug(one of his followers) dat had a grudge against him d night b4(aisun oloolu)
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
deliveryboy: I totally agree with Soyinka on this, you are only trying to associate Islam with violence when you know that that there are more cases of violent killings in the christian dominated southern Nigeria, I did my national youth service in the east and one always woke up to see dead bodies in the streets of Aba, so is Onisha, people still kill and use clay to bake human flesh in most parts of the eastern Nig. Anambra and Akwa Ibom states had the highest murder cases(both 70% of national murder cases), Ezu river bodies were not likely to have been dumped by muslims, neither was Alu community a muslim community, life has little or no value in these areas, just that you pple are masters of conceal, rather u focus on other ppl to hide your flaws. Besides the bible is still d book with most violent stories of ravages I've read so far.
Hmm....a revelation.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Vado(m): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
freakyamanda: The truth is that for every violent muslim, there are several peaceful muslims. Even though there is violence in many muslim nations, like afghanistan, iraq etc, there is also peace in other islamic nations like dubai, qatar, malaysia and turkey. The hypocrisy of many christians is just stunning. I am a christian and I will see the fact and speak it anywhere I go. Most of the violence is politically motivated and anyone either christian or muslim sees it easy to justify his evil actions by religion because that is how he can whip up sentiments among his own people. the problem is that many moslems are uneducated and so are largely ignorant while many christians have education because of the western legacy. What we should focus on is to try and educate more moslems about life, including their religion rather than fanning the flames of war. Powerful people on both sides are scheming to perpetrate themselves in power by casting the other religion as evil. Wake up my people. Islam is not synonymous with evil and it will never be. Christians have also commited evil in their history. Check the holocaust and the crusades. It is the moral responsibility of people with conscience to identify good or evil wherever they see it and say it as it is, not defining everything in terms of religion.

If you still think Islam is evil, then I forbid you to go to Dubai and other beautiful arab states.

Education isn't the problem mademoiselle. Infact, most of the most wanted terrorists and islamic fundamentalists globally are well-educated. It's even far more dangerous when you mix education+ religious-extemism. If few countries appear liberal with their policies towards infidels, it doesn't mean jack. Maybe others are just more passionate about fulfilling their religious obligations evident in the doctrines and wouldn't compromise such for what they see as western-inspired civilization. The problem is the root b, heck abdul muttalab had all the comforts and education so that isn't the issue, the foundation is a mess.

And you should know that the crusades were defensive wars to curtail the massive jihadi wars of expansion that was consuming europe at that time. There wouldn't have been such in the first place if islamists weren't violently taking over empires and other people's lands across europe. They got pushed to the war and had to fight back, what's the problem with that?
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Bobandgreat: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
deliveryboy: I totally agree with Soyinka on this, you are only trying to associate Islam with violence when you know that that there are more cases of violent killings in the christian dominated southern Nigeria, I did my national youth service in the east and one always woke up to see dead bodies in the streets of Aba, so is Onisha, people still kill and use clay to bake human flesh in most parts of the eastern Nig. Anambra and Akwa Ibom states had the highest murder cases(both 70% of national murder cases), Ezu river bodies were not likely to have been dumped by muslims, neither was Alu community a muslim community, life has little or no value in these areas, just that you pple are masters of conceal, rather u focus on other ppl to hide your flaws. Besides the bible is still d book with most violent stories of ravages I've read so far.

My brother the difference is that they are not killing in the name of Allah. And they are not targeting muslims and mosques. Btw hw is it that u witnessed all these killings in the east but was not killed urself. Is it that u were always on a delivery duty to the north therby missing the carnage only to return after the killings and hear the stories. My brother ur support for this religion will continue to embolden Boko Haram.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tomakint: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Alee Emran: Some of the boko haram members cannot even recite a verse from Quran, they don't even know how to pray, just believe on what Soyinka have said, they re just been used for political mission, the real boko haram led by their leaders Mohammed Yusuf are no more
....and what did the 'real boko haram led by Yusuf' did then that was different from what these current boko harams are doing? undecided keep fooling yourself just to evade the main issue that there is a connection between Islam and Violence! Remember, the real father of the Arabs, Ishmael, was called a 'wild man' in the Bible undecided
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
tomakint:
....and what did the 'real boko haram led by Yusuf' did then that was different from what these current boko harams are doing? undecided keep fooling yourself just to evade the main issue that there is a connection between Islam and Violence! Remember, the real father of the Arabs, Ishmael, was called a 'wild man' in the Bible undecided
Oh please. Human beings were wild at one point in time. Has that wildness manifested itself in us now? No! Wildness is not hereditary and it is misplaced to connect it to recent events.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by firstolalekan(m): 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
tomakint: [size=32pt]AGREED BOKO HARAMS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE JUST FOLLOWERS OF MUHAMMAD (PBUH) AND WORSHIPERS OF ALLAH undecided [/size]

Our Own Wole Soyinka I totally disagree with you on this! Those tebliks who beat up masquerades in Oshogbo, Ibadan, Abeokuta are muslims and not Boko Harams, those who beheaded Gideon Akaluka in 1994 are not boko harams but are muslims, those who beat up Oloolu (a famous Masquerade) and his followers at Ibadan last year are muslims and not boko harams, the message is very clear there is a connection from Islam to what boko harams are doing and that is VIOLENCE! Truth be told cool

[size=23pt]copy copy oshii.[/size]
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=32pt]ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.
A TRUE AND REAL MUSLIM IS A PEACEFUL INDIVIDUAL.

BOKO HARAMS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE JUST IGNORANT FANATIC PAGANS HIDING UNDER ISLAM.
[/size]

[size=32pt]SHUT UP SLAVE! HOW DARE YOU BLAME YOUR FAULTS ON US PAGANS! YOU HYPOCRITES SHOULD BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE GOATS! [/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Bridgedude(m): 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234: Soyinka is right and it upsets me.

The problem lies in the fact that there are many Muslims uneducated in the religion so they become easy recruits for these guys. Angry rhetoric and quoting verses without any respect for the historical context to whip up emotional sentiments.

Not many Muslims even know about their history, how there were leaders of thought when the rest of the world was steeped in darkness, how the works of their forefathers influenced the world so greatly.

Like the great Adam Smith said:

The ruin of the empire of the Romans, and, along with it the subversion of all law and order, which happened a few centuries afterwards, produced the entire neglect of that study of the connecting principles of nature, to which leisure and security can alone give occasion. After the fall of those great conquerors and the civilizers of mankind, the empire of the Caliphs seems to have been the first state under which the world enjoyed that degree of tranquility which the cultivation of the sciences requires. It was under the protection of those generous and magnificent princes, that the ancient philosophy and astronomy of the Greeks were restored and established in the East; that tranquility, which their mild, just and religious government diffused over their vast empire, revived the curiosity of mankind, to inquire into the connecting principles of nature. (Adam Smith, The Essays of Adam Smith, London, 1869, p. 353)

He also said:

The victorious arms of the Saracens carried into Spain the learning as well as the gallantry, of the East; and along with it, the tables of Almamon, and the Arabian translations of Ptolemy and Aristotle; and thus Europe received a second time, from Babylon, the rudiments of the sciences of the heavens. The writings of Ptolemy were translated from Arabic into Latin; and the Peripatetic philosophy was studied in Averroes [Ibn Rushd] and Avicenna [Ibn Sina] with as much eagerness and as much submission to its doctrines in the West, as it had been in the East. (Adam Smith, The Essays of Adam Smith, London, 1869, p. 353)

Y do u guys always link achievements of the arabs with islam...most of these arab scholars had no much time 4 islam as much talked about o! These were intellectuals searchin' & doin' all. If u really read history u'll find out wit d advent of islam came a fall in there pursuit 4 knowledge. Was there any empire without there own art,style,music & culture. They always try 2 impose on people whenever conquered..& it's gonna go on till d end of time... What made many nations great is the tappin' & infusion of knowledge... If every empire or nation align their success always like U do 4 d arab muslim...christianity go to cover much. U'll never hear present white folks do dat..even christians. Sometimes d historians(majorly white) do this jst 2 make dem(arabs) happy because they knw how fanatical they could with their religion,which am not against except foolish killings in whose so ever's name!
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Elkay199: 12:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Bobandgreat: Soyinka, u r an etheist. No need to b diplomatic here. Boko Haram have indepth knowledge of Islam thats y they kill and maim. Those muslims who r not violent yet have not attained that level of understanding of the Koran. They are like a dormant volcano, at the right chemical and physical condition it will explode.
u guyz should mind the way u talk, did Jesus preached hatred? U need to see the way ur Israeli family are killing palestinans and taking over their land.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Elkay199: 12:54am On Mar 27, 2013
Vado:

Education isn't the problem mademoiselle. Infact, most of the most wanted terrorists and islamic fundamentalists globally are well-educated. It's even far more dangerous when you mix education+ religious-extemism. If few countries appear liberal with their policies towards infidels, it doesn't mean jack. Maybe others are just more passionate about fulfilling their religious obligations evident in the doctrines and wouldn't compromise such for what they see as western-inspired civilization. The problem is the root b, heck abdul muttalab had all the comforts and education so that isn't the issue, the foundation is a mess.

And you should know that the crusades were defensive wars to curtail the massive jihadi wars of expansion that was consuming europe at that time. There wouldn't have been such in the first place if islamists weren't violently taking over empires and other people's lands across europe. They got pushed to the war and had to fight back, what's the problem with that?
just as the way Israel planned 911 attack in order to taint Islam with bad attributes. Some pple need to make findings rather than talk rubbish
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Bobandgreat: 5:59am On Mar 27, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Elkay199: u guyz should mind the way u talk, did Jesus preached hatred? U need to see the way ur Israeli family are killing palestinans and taking over their land.

I don't know whether u r an Arab or a Nigerian. If u r a Nigerian, what concerns Nigeria with what Isreal is doing? Are u people still killing and maiming Nigerians because of far away Isreal. If so, then may God continue to punish u and ur protege.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tomakint: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2013
AbdH:
Oh please. Human beings were wild at one point in time. Has that wildness manifested itself in us now? No! Wildness is not hereditary and it is misplaced to connect it to recent events.
You are still dodging the issue at stake that there is a strong nexus between Islam and Violence and I need answers undecided I hope you are familiar with the bloody expedition of the Ottoman Empire in his bid to spread Islam all over the world, I hope you know that similar tactics were used in spreading Islam in Mali, Sudan, Nigeria etc. Perhaps I need you to expatiate on why Muslim-populated countries are prone to violence and are yet to have relative peace [Mali, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, former Yugoslavia (now Sebia and Montenegro), Iran, not forgeting northern Nigeria and many more] all these countries have been boiling and still boiling Why? Because they are Muslim-populated No? undecided
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by firstolalekan(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=32pt]SHUT UP SLAVE! HOW DARE YOU BLAME YOUR FAULTS ON US PAGANS! YOU HYPOCRITES SHOULD BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE GOATS! [/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

[size=24pt]LMAO!!!
WHERE DOES THIS GOD-FORSAKING PIGG COMES FROM??
IGNORANT PRICK.[/size]
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by udatso: 8:33am On Mar 27, 2013
Lilimax: This is not true at all.Boko Haram members carry out their suicide misson based on the promises of 72 virgins in Al-janah. This is what they are thought in their religion. Afterall 99.9% of Boko Harams are Moslems.
Pls oh, am really interested in ur comment. As a muslim am yet to com across a teaching of murder for 72 virgins either in the qur'an or hadith(sayings of the prophet). Since you knw islam beta dan the muslims themselves, can you please point a verse that proves that statement
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 27, 2013
dedons: Wat can i say

Somebody should kindly give me original garri ijebu and chilled water to cool my temper with...

Then i'll comment
hahahahahahahahahahaha. Lol @ cooling ur temper.
@ all, if i werent in a country where islam is practised, i would have easily agreed with d ranting that islam is for peace.
Because, the many wars and terrorism embarked on by muslims in dis country n beyond are telling me odawise. D arguement is not what islam stands for(peace or not) but Y are almost all terrorists muslims?
Y were many muslim elites in the north angry when the FG had said no amnesty for Bokoharam.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 27, 2013
firstolalekan:

THANK U MY BRODA.
AND THOSE GAY REVEREND FATHERS, P.EDOPHILES, RITUALIST PASTORS AND MANY MORE....
ARE THEY ALL FOLLOWING THE BIBLE
thesegroup of ppl u mentioned are also available in your own midst. However, u added bombing populations in churches, schools,parks,etc
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Ahmadda(m): 9:25am On Mar 27, 2013
Lilimax: This is not true at all.Boko Haram members carry out their suicide misson based on the promises of 72 virgins in Al-janah. This is what they are thought in their religion. Afterall 99.9% of Boko Harams are Moslems.
I wonder how people get their statistical fact from. I can vividly remember that the suleja bombing was done by some christians who claimed that their actions was due to what the pastor of the church did. Let the boko haram come to the public with their evidences from the qur'an that the evils they've perpetrated is justified...I bet u that they won't because islam doesn't preach violence. The crusaders too killed thousands of souls in the name of the cross and jesus.
Alarms are neva raised wen muslims r killed buh wen the muslims strike back, the news go beyond the horizon on the earth. For me, am a muslim and I emphatically say "eliminate boko haram".
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2013
jerseyboy: Sir, Mr Soyinka, this time you are WRONG. Boko Haram are TRUE muslims. They understand Islam more than anyone else. Mohammed will be very proud of them if he where alive.
The same way theHENRY OKAH(the first convicted Nigerian terrorist),Gay Bishops,Rev. King and the jet flying Pastors to mention a few understand christainity more than anyone else?And sure your Jesus will be very proud of them.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2013
Ahmadda:
Let the boko haram come to the public with their evidences from the qur'an that the evils they've perpetrated is justified...I bet u that they won't because islam doesn't preach violence.
See below what the Boko Hrams were told :
Sura 4:101-''Regarding infidels,they are the Muslim's inveterate enemies''
Sura 9:5-''Muslims are to arrest them,besiege them and lie in ambush everywhere for them.Seieze them(unbelievers)and put them to death wherever you find them,kill them wherever you find them.
Sura 4:90-''Seek out the enemies of Islam relentlesly
Sura 2:193-''Fight them until Islam reign supreme
Sura 2:193-''Cut off their heads and cut off the tips of their fingers Sura 8:12
Sura 9:39-''If a muslim does not go to war Allah will kill him
Sura 9:81-'' the heat of war is fierce but more fierce is the heat of hell
Sura 22:78-''Fight for the cause of Allah with the devotion due to him
Sura 9:123-''Make war with the unbelievers who live around you
Sura 48:29-''Be ruthless to unbelievers
Sura 8:69-''Enjoy the good things you have gained through fighting
Sura 6:152 Kill any person you wish if it be a just cause
Sura 61:3 Allah love those who fight for his cause
Sura 5:34 any one who fights against Allah or renounces islam in favor of another religion shall be put to death or crucified or have his hand and feet cut off alternative sides Sura-5:34
Sahih Al-Bukhari-''Whoever changes his islamic religion,kill him.
Quran 9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them,and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.
Quran 69:30-37-''Take him and fetter and expose him to hell fire
Quran 8:12-'' I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers,smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them
Quran 5:33-'' They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4 P55- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords !
May some one needs to tell them that the above isn't in the quran or not as it is written !
God help us
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2013
tomakint:
You are still dodging the issue at stake that there is a strong nexus between Islam and Violence and I need answers undecided I hope you are familiar with the bloody expedition of the Ottoman Empire in his bid to spread Islam all over the world, I hope you know that similar tactics were used in spreading Islam in Mali, Sudan, Nigeria etc. Perhaps I need you to expatiate on why Muslim-populated countries are prone to violence and are yet to have relative peace [Mali, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, former Yugoslavia (now Sebia and Montenegro), Iran, not forgeting northern Nigeria and many more] all these countries have been boiling and still boiling Why? Because they are Muslim-populated No? undecided
Like the growth of every other empire, they were bound to either expand their empire or be subdued by another empire or enemies. The Roman empire did it, so did the Germans, Persians, Ethiopians; even the Oyo empire did it. Were they inspired by their religions which was not Islam? NO!
Islam was spread by adequate teachings of the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Where there were forces willing to kill Muslims for what they believed in, Muslims would defend themselves or risk extermination. I like to put it this way: Muslims extended peace but their enemies extended violence thereby giving the Muslims no choice other than to fight for their lives.
The fights in Syria is to oust a leader who has no feelings towards his people, a tyrant whose people have tolerated enough. They are not cowards who celebrate mediocrity like we do here and that is why they revolted (albeit I don't support revolution).
Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and the like are being forced to be ruled by leaders and a system that they are opposed to by foreigners (USA). They say they don't want to be slaves on their own land again and that the USA should leave them to run their affairs but you call them terrorists just because they oppose tyranny. The fights all these countries are fighting can be likened to the fights the Zulus fought against British rule over them.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2013
akthedream: The same way theHENRY OKAH(the first convicted Nigerian terrorist),Gay Bishops,Rev. King and the jet flying Pastors to mention a few understand christainity more than anyone else?And sure your Jesus will be very proud of them.
Yes,all the people you mentioned above are christians ! And what is wrong if i fly Jet as a Christian ? I bet you,if i have a good relationship with Jesus and fly my Jet around town for the sake of the gospel,Jesus will be very very proud of me.
I think what you guys should do for Boko Haram and the other muslim terrorist groups all over the world is just to give them proper explanation or interpretation of the below:
[b]Sura 4:101-''Regarding infidels,they are the Muslim's inveterate enemies''
Sura 9:5-''Muslims are to arrest them,besiege them and lie in ambush everywhere for them.Seieze them(unbelievers)and put them to death wherever you find them,kill them wherever you find them.
Sura 2:193-''Cut off their heads and cut off the tips of their fingers Sura 8:12
Sura 5:34 any one who fights against Allah or renounces islam in favor of another religion shall be put to death or crucified or have his hand and feet cut off alternative sides Sura-5:34
Quran 9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them,and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.
Quran 8:12-'' I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers,smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them
Quran 5:33-'' They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4 P55- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords ![/b]
God help us all
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 11:36am On Mar 27, 2013
AbdH:
Like the growth of every other empire, they were bound to either expand their empire or be subdued by another empire or enemies. The Roman empire did it, so did the Germans, Persians, Ethiopians; even the Oyo empire did it. Were they inspired by their religions which was not Islam? NO!
Islam was spread by adequate teachings of the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Where there were forces willing to kill Muslims for what they believed in, Muslims would defend themselves or risk extermination. I like to put it this way: Muslims extended peace but their enemies extended violence thereby giving the Muslims no choice other than to fight for their lives.
The fights in Syria is to oust a leader who has no feelings towards his people, a tyrant whose people have tolerated enough. They are not cowards who celebrate mediocrity like we do here and that is why they revolted (albeit I don't support revolution).
Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and the like are being forced to be ruled by leaders and a system that they are opposed to by foreigners (USA). They say they don't want to be slaves on their own land again and that the USA should leave them to run their affairs but you call them terrorists just because they oppose tyranny. The fights all these countries are fighting can be likened to the fights the Zulus fought against British rule over them.
I know one thing for sure ; Any Christian who kill,fight,kill in the name of self defense or for any imaginable or unimaginable reason,lack knowledge of the doctrines of Jesus.The Jesus whom the Christians follow said that they should love their enemies,pray for those who despitefully use them,bless those who curse them,do good to those who wrong them and also turn the other side of their cheek for a second slap para venture they are been slapped by anyone(keep ur cool wen you are been offended) ! So if you claim you follow Christ,then any contradictory acts to these points here,then it simply means you are not a christian or u lack understanding of the teachings of Christ-which is very very clear that needs no interpretation.
The Roman empire,Germans, Persians, Ethiopians; even the Oyo empire if they all killed to gain dominance or retain power,should not be likened to religion except if that religion they practice approves of it.
If Boko Haram today continue with all these acts of theirs and claim that they are doing it for allah,why blame them when it is clearly written and there instructions given to them according to the dictates of their book-quran?
See their motivation below
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4 P55- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords ![/b]

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2013
tbaba1234:

if someone is trying to hurt me or my family.I would do what it takes to protect my family.
And i also know that if some one is trying to hurt ur beleive or speak lowly of ur prophet mohamed you will do everything or anything to protect it and him.That is exactly what Boko Haram is doing ! Please don't condemn them they are Muslims.
God help us
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by wasolad01: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Bobandgreat: Soyinka, u r an etheist. No need to b diplomatic here. Boko Haram have indepth knowledge of Islam thats y they kill and maim. Those muslims who r not violent yet have not attained that level of understanding of the Koran. They are like a dormant volcano, at the right chemical and physical condition it will explode.
if that is your mindset, no problems. but i would like to hear from you about what some one said that all christians are homosexuals. But please go and read about Judaism, Christianity and Islam very well. Regards.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by wasolad01: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I know one thing for sure ; Any Christian who kill,fight,kill in the name of self defense or for any imaginable or unimaginable reason,lack knowledge of the doctrines of Jesus.The Jesus whom the Christians follow said that they should love their enemies,pray for those who despitefully use them,bless those who curse them,do good to those who wrong them and also turn the other side of their cheek for a second slap para venture they are been slapped by anyone(keep ur cool wen you are been offended) ! So if you claim you follow Christ,then any contradictory acts to these points here,then it simply means you are not a christian or u lack understanding of the teachings of Christ-which is very very clear that needs no interpretation.
The Roman empire,Germans, Persians, Ethiopians; even the Oyo empire if they all killed to gain dominance or retain power,should not be likened to religion except if that religion they practice approves of it.
If Boko Haram today continue with all these acts of theirs and claim that they are doing it for allah,why blame them when it is clearly written and there instructions given to them according to the dictates of their book-quran?
See their motivation below

Anybody can open any scripture and extract some sentences to portray negative things about any religion. It's like a constitution of a nation. But my understanding is that no sane person will talk bad or act foolishly towards others regardless of their religions.
Stop using your computer to cause problems in the society While BH are busy using their guns and bombs to do the same. May God forgive you.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
wasolad01:

Anybody can open any scripture and extract some sentences to portray negative things about any religion. It's like a constitution of a nation. But my understanding is that no sane person will talk bad or act foolishly towards others regardless of their religions.
Stop using your computer to cause problems in the society While BH are busy using their guns and bombs to do the same. May God forgive you.
When the root cause of a problem is known,solution wouldn't be far fetched !
God help us all
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Idrisabiodun: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
Before u say anyting. Try to understand $ have knowledge of ISLAM. Don't just talk. ISLAM is a religion of Peace $ Unity.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
wasolad01:
if that is your mindset, no problems. but i would like to hear from you about what some one said that all christians are homosexuals. But please go and read about Judaism, Christianity and Islam very well. Regards.
If you want to know about a religion go study the life and styles of the originators !
If Christ was a homosexual then i won't pick offence as a christian if i'm called a homosexual today !
God help us
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
Idrisabiodun: Before u say anyting. Try to understand $ have knowledge of ISLAM. Don't just talk. ISLAM is a religion of Peace $ Unity.
Please some one (a muslim)should explain the below to me. I want to also join you guys to tell people how peaceful islam is as a religion !
God help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Dino Melaye’s Election / U.S. Endorsement Shows Buhari Succeeding In Fight Against Corruption – Lai / We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.