Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Double Standards From Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Double Standards From Men (2961 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Standards From Men by Needlelady(f): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2008
Our society is riddled with double standards from the male gender. A woman that sleeps around is popularly known as a LovePeddler while a man that does the same is known as a playa. They've extended this courtesy to fat women. Why is it that guys  ostracize fat women even when some of the guys that ridicule them are also fat, or do guys think that women don't care  about their physique  even if they look like a big  Ebutte metta toad? Most guys I met last month in Naija needs to visit the gym and tune up because  they look like , aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgghhh eeeeewwwww, so nasty.
Re: Double Standards From Men by 4Him(m): 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2008
hotfunmi i suppose.
Re: Double Standards From Men by TheSly: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2008
4Him:

hotfunmi i suppose.
Without a doubt. wink
Re: Double Standards From Men by earthrealm(m): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2008
lol,
hotfunmi,
double ,

back 2 topic, its a mans world, hvnt u heard that b4?, women were created after God saw that man was lonely,

on a serious note, what u are saying is true, i hv seeen guys with enough chest/breast matter to put a teenage gal 2 shame!!!, the belly is also anoda area where most males neglect, pot/saggy belly n all,
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2008
Actually the last time i went to naija, i was thnkn the men needs to gain weight. Plz,slap some meat on and stop lookn like a walkn stick
Re: Double Standards From Men by ariblaze(m): 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2008
i think the title of your post should be:

double standards for all

Most guys I met last month in Naija needs to visit the gym and tune up because  they look like , aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgghhh eeeeewwwww, so nasty.

this indicates you also being judgmental on physique

A woman that sleeps around is popularly known as a LovePeddler while a man that does the same is known as a playa.

agreed this is somewhat the fad with men

but how about the standards meted on men by woman?

aaw he isnt rich enough(meanwhile some of this ladies can barely rub two coins together)

he doesnt have a car(does she?)

he is not a fine boy,and if he is fine you would wish he werent soo fine so you wont have to fend off others

he doesnt have abs like 50cents or tyrese(her figure is exactly halle'berry's)

i don't like his day old beard Subtle (shave you legs)

he drinks too much(you eat two much chocolate)

get my drift::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::?

we are all subject to double standards
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2008
Ariblaze. You're right jare. Makes so much sense. But could u men atleast put some meat on so there would be something to grab?
Re: Double Standards From Men by ariblaze(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2008
lol

meat huh?

so how do you like it done

meduim rare or fully done
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2008
Medium rare. I need to be able to grab his buttocks. Sth to pinch jare
Re: Double Standards From Men by ariblaze(m): 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2008
so spicy, with an african thang

or any spice would do?
Re: Double Standards From Men by omega25red(m): 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2008
AWWWWWWWW a heavy set chick went to Naija hoping that she would be harassed by all the guys because she came from abroad  lipsrsealed NOT
Re: Double Standards From Men by Imani(f): 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2008
omega25red:

AWWWWWWWW a fat chick went to Naija hoping that she would be harassed because she came from abroad lipsrsealed NOT

You should call a lady "fat" unless unavoidable. Gosh what is wrong with some men these days. . . . .

However, no one should eat more than necessarily, not just for physical reasons but also health and psychological reasons as well.
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 31, 2008
At ariblaze. The actions and the danger in the bedroom is the spice na
Re: Double Standards From Men by ariblaze(m): 5:54am On Mar 31, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmm

belive me i would never have figured that out grin
Re: Double Standards From Men by ariblaze(m): 5:55am On Mar 31, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmm

belive me i would never have figured that out grin
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 31, 2008
Do they really ostracize fat girls? I don't think so tongue
Re: Double Standards From Men by ariblaze(m): 6:24am On Mar 31, 2008
dating plumpy women is an aquired taste smiley
which suprisingly quite a few of us nigerian men

have a crave for ,

no stillwater

i agree with you they aint ostracized
Re: Double Standards From Men by Needlelady(f): 6:43am On Mar 31, 2008
Actually the last time i went to naija, i was thnkn the men needs to gain weight. Please,slap some meat on and stop lookn like a walkn stick
I wish I saw men like that at Abeokuta and Lagos. The walking stick physique is definitely better than the bloated toad physique especially those ones that call themselves govt contractors. Finer guys are in Ilesha though.
Re: Double Standards From Men by Needlelady(f): 7:03am On Mar 31, 2008
but how about the standards meted on men by woman?
Like? We still give men lots of space amidst their over inflated ego, isn't that kind enough?

aaw he isnt rich enough(meanwhile some of this ladies can barely rub two coins together)
Do you blame the ladies? The rich ladies are not ready to fall for some jobless man that may run away with all they worked for; On the issue of poor girls looking out for a loaded guy, will you also blame them? when a girl has about 15 guys asking her out, she'll pull the ruby from the pool now, sheesh.

he doesnt have a car(does she?)
Why not let her get to his age and see whether she'll still be jumping the bus?. Most older guys chase students around so you can't judge them financially on equal scale.

he is not a fine boy,and if he is fine you would wish he werent soo fine so you wont have to fend off others
Most chics don't like 'too fine' guys now because most of them are homosexuals.

he doesnt have abs like 50cents or tyrese(her figure is exactly halle'berry's)
Do you blame us when y'all will be checking the size of our boobs an backyard instead of what we have in our head.

i don't like his day old beard Subtle (shave you legs)
really? goatee can be sexy to me anyway.

he drinks too much(you eat two much chocolate)
Tell me one advantage of that alcohol you are driking save that it ruins your financial empire?

get my drift::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::?
Yes, kitten Rules!!!!!!!
Re: Double Standards From Men by Needlelady(f): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2008
By Earthrealm,
on a serious note, what u are saying is true, i hv seeen guys with enough chest/breast matter to put a teenage girl 2 shame!!!, the belly is also another area where most males neglect, pot/saggy belly n all,

Thanks a lot for this sincere criticism. My eyes saw my behind especially in Abeokuta. These guys have very short neck that looks like michelin tires and walk pregnant. I was wondering whether they have gyms there at all and I heard it's even worse in Abuja, yukkkkkkkk but when I went to Ilesha, yummmmy sexy guys were everywhere.

I think it's time Naija girls up their ante and be more strict with their men so they can work on their physique. I know they'll look into it if 4 or 5 girls reject them because of their 'toady' shape.
Re: Double Standards From Men by Needlelady(f): 7:26am On Mar 31, 2008
Do they really ostracize fat girls? I don't think so

Most of them do. It's true that everybody should have his or her own opinion, but I still think that one should look at himself or herself before complaining about another. It irks me most when a guy that looks like a butterball opens his mouth to say a woman is fat.
Re: Double Standards From Men by micklplus(m): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2008
Double standard ! Well, not in all cases ! The truth is, we all can't act the same !. what u like i might not like !
Whether fat girl is an issue? Well, not really but ofcourse, i MIGHT not want to go for yokosuna if u ask me ! Funny enough, i love "them" big  i guess its because i am a slim person so, i don't ostracize fat girls and non of my friends has done that yet !

Dont be getting worried if u are fat ! who u are is who u are and NOBODY can change the fact that, u are indeed special and theres nobody like You.
Cheers
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2008
i no fit lie, hot funmi always meets the weirdest and ugliest of men wherever she goes. grin

she must have inbuilt radar for guys that are a '1' and below grin
Re: Double Standards From Men by jkpretty(f): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2008
Obviously u are from ilesha, we have loads of egocentric men from there. I can't trade that for sexy tongue grin

Funmi u again?
Re: Double Standards From Men by bebe2007(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2008
@poster,

I totally agree with you. Was at a joint in Abuja the other day and i just sat there looking at the guys coming in and out, i was amazed at the size of their stomach. Lets say only 3 out of 50 guys had flat stomach. Its such a turn off. Men think they do not need to work on themselves. Some of them just dress shabbily, wouldnt brush their hair, cut their nails etc guys really do not have a clue as to what turns a woman on. they just think if they have money in their pockets then they are sorted. Sod you and your money, go take care of yourself first.

The issue of Big girls being ostracised is not so true but they do attack their self confidence. I personally think however you look, if you carry yourself well with esteem and elegance, nobody in his right senses would disrespect you. Most guys would rather be with a slim babe in public but in the dark they want a full woman, i have seen it happen severally, speak of double standard!! immature men though! the matured ones know how they want their women and they stick to that. People generally should learn not to use the word FAT for humans. Its just so rude. Fat relates to Meat, instead use Big. If you are big, be proud carry yourself well, dress apprioprately (right size and all) know what suits you, try dark colours more blacks than whites, just look beautiful cuz you are anyway. BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 31, 2008
bebe2007 and hot funmi, what sort of places did and do u go to? u prolly need to check urselves as well. if u find yourself around obese people then its prolly a gathering for the big bone-ded folks
the last time i checked naija has some of the naturally fittest people in the world (plz take note of the naturally). lets forget all the six pack and muscle ish. we all know they are not natural.

if i may ask, what do u guys look like? any pictures?
Re: Double Standards From Men by babycool(f): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ Poster

Double standards? i would say no standard.

The truth is that we ladies should be blamed most of the time, because we know how to 'manage' these men meanwhile they tend to be selective, we know that they look toady with pot felly and all that, but because of the cash flow some of us we still prefer them.

I have nothing against the weight or size of any individual because its their own cup of tea, but i wouldnt go for an obese guy especially the one with pot belly, not for all the dollars in the Swiss bank, i can never get turned on.  tongue

OMO IBO:

bebe2007 and hot funmi, what sort of places did and do u go to? u prolly need to check urselves as well. if u find yourself around obese people then its prolly a gathering for the big bone-ded folks
the last time i checked naija has some of the naturally fittest people in the world (plz take note of the naturally). lets forget all the six pack and muscle ish. we all know they are not natural.

if i may ask, what do u guys look like? any pictures?

I agree with you, naija has one of the fittest looking poeple in the world, we tend to keep our good figure without the stress of exercise or any fitness scheme, my people in the US or some part of Europe can testify to that  grin
Re: Double Standards From Men by topilobaba(m): 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2008
Very nice guy here
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2008
Needlelady:

Most of them do. It's true that everybody should have his or her own opinion, but I still think that one should look at himself or herself before complaining about another. It irks me most when a guy that looks like a butterball opens his mouth to say a woman is fat.

Well I don't blame the fat men but the girls that go out with them at the flick of some coins.
Re: Double Standards From Men by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2008
topilobaba:

Very nice guy here
. . .so?
Re: Double Standards From Men by bawomolo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2008
People generally should learn not to use the word FAT for humans. Its just so rude. Fat relates to Meat, instead use Big.

lol, ridiculous, this is just like african american women that love to call themselves THICK. obese is obese. you are fat as hell if ur BMI is off the charts. having a pregnancy or getting married isn't a license to lose ur physique. any human with cholesterol equivalent to that of a pig deserves to be called FAT.

If you are big, be proud carry yourself well, dress apprioprately (right size and all) know what suits you, try dark colours more blacks than whites, just look beautiful because you are anyway. BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL

get back to me when u are in the hospital complaining of diabetes and heart disease
Re: Double Standards From Men by Needlelady(f): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2008
The truth is that we ladies should be blamed most of the time, because we know how to 'manage' these men meanwhile they tend to be selective, we know that they look toady with pot felly and all that, but because of the cash flow some of us we still prefer them.

I have nothing against the weight or size of any individual because its their own cup of tea, but i wouldnt go for an obese guy especially the one with pot belly, not for all the dollars in the Swiss bank, i can never get turned on

Even men that follow women for their cash still look for their choice. I don't have to blame women entirely on this issue because some of the men that describe fat women wil utmost repugnance can hardly get any woman for themselves. I won't even be surprised if they are down low brothers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 All Gemini's / Why Do Women Love Hard / I Think My Boyfriend Is Still In Love With His X Wife:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.