Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,565 members, 7,958,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Mentrual Cycle Ad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mentrual Cycle Ad (4110 Views)

Buhari Changes Into A Leopard On New AIT Ad / Goodluck Jonathan Compared To Idi Amin In Aggressive APC Ad / Price Of Ad Paid For By Fayose! (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2008
Any of you seen that commercial on American Tv's that says that African girls  miss school because they are on their period? Did you find the ad offensive because I can't remember missing school because I was bleeding yonder. I've been asked by two American  colleagues about the authenticity of that  Ad but I'm worried because it's only the learned ones that see the loop holes in the AD.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by 4Him(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2008
Seen the Ad, its simply a ruse to push the gullible into buying the pads thinking they are helping some poor kid in Africa who will probably never see them anyway.
The only positive will be the stock price of the advertising company.

Whites have discovered a new way to make money . . . using us as emotional blackmail.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by liftedone(f): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2008
I remember reading something on the internet about an NGO in one of the East African countries who supply young school girls and many women sanitary towels because many of them were missing school because they could not afford to buy sanitary towels. Even though this advert may be offensive, it is based on truth.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 6:45am On Mar 31, 2008
I[b] remember reading something on the internet about an NGO in one of the East African countries who supply young school girls and many women sanitary towels because many of them were missing school because they could not afford to buy sanitary towels[/b]. Even though this advert may be offensive, it is based on truth.
How did the company turn around to become the chief crier for the NGO's? How come they are taking advantage of it to make money off the shelves when they didn't even have any thing to do with it? The information they are feeding the American populace is just wrong and I consider it as an unethical way of making money.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 6:53am On Mar 31, 2008
Whites have discovered a new way to make money . . . using us as emotional blackmail.

True; Some fake missionaries use to do it, now corporate organisations are following suit.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Ndipe(m): 9:29am On Mar 31, 2008
I have seen the ad on tv, and never paid attention to it, until you questioned the motive of the advertisement. Those sanitary products are out of reach for some girls from less privileged homes, and as such resort to less desirable protection like toilet tissue or worse, leaves to absorb the flow. Now, I wont be surprised if they simply take some time off school for convenience sake. It can be embarrasing.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Blatant: 11:25am On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

That's why I hate those charity things like children in need and all the concerts where musicians want to re-establish themselves by using Africa. We allow ourselves to be used as tools too many times.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by bluesky4(f): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2008
Needlelady:

Any of you seen that commercial on American Tv's that says that African girls miss school because they are on their period? Did you find the ad offensive because I can't remember missing school because I was bleeding yonder. I've been asked by two American colleagues about the authenticity of that Ad but I'm worried because it's only the learned ones that see the loop holes in the AD.

Just because YOU never did such a thing, does not mean that the advert is based on a pack of lies. It can be very embarrasing for a young girl during their period, especially when they have just started it.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2008
Needlelady:

Any of you seen that commercial on American Tv's that says that African girls miss school because they are on their period? Did you find the ad offensive because I can't remember missing school because I was bleeding yonder. I've been asked by two American colleagues about the authenticity of that Ad but I'm worried because it's only the learned ones that see the loop holes in the AD.

@Poster, I have seen the Ad Myself and if you listen you would understand that it does not say it is the case in all of Africa but in some places in Africa. I remember when growing up that some gals were still using the old cloth method for this. I do not think it is past the imagination that with all the poverty and what not we have in africa today, there are places where people can not afford pads and even cloth to reuse for such. Instead of jumping to offense mode, we need to make sure we understand what the problem really is. I mean I don't know how you expect someone living in Swaziland or even Zimbabwe to put aside money each month to purchase pads for his many daughters with rampant poverty everywhere you look. It exists and it may even exist in your own village even if people do not talk about it.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by BigB11(m): 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2008
Any of you seen that commercial on American Tv's that says that African girls  miss school because they are on their period? Did you find the ad offensive

@Poster:

Absolutely offensive, and I hope to see this despicable AD to be brought down immediately. It is absurd, and purely utmost stereotyping mechanism.
It is 2008, this should not be allowed.

Poverty happens to be a bastard without any questions; no doubt, it is in Africa and also in everywhere through out the world. Infact, what this Ad has described also goes on in United States of America.
Now, for this butthead to use Africa negatively once again is totally unacceptable, unfair and irresponsible.

Why didn't they use New Orleans, or Mississippi or one of Columbus Ohio's city projects as an example?
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by BigB11(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2008
FYI: Every chick out here in Ajegunle uses pads and they do not miss anything because they are on their period!
They are strong and beautiful as ever!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2008
By Big B1,
@Poster:

Absolutely offensive, and I hope to see this despicable AD to be brought down immediately. It is absurd, and purely utmost stereotyping mechanism.
It is 2008, this should not be allowed.

Poverty happens to be a bastard without any questions; no doubt, it is in Africa and also in everywhere through out the world. Infact, what this Ad has described also goes on in United States of America.
Now, for this butthead to use Africa negatively once again is totally unacceptable, unfair and irresponsible.

Why didn't they use New Orleans, or Mississippi or one of Columbus Ohio's city projects as an example?
5 stars.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2008
By Kobojunkie,
@Poster, I have seen the Ad Myself and if you listen you would understand that it does not say it is the case in all of Africa but in some places in Africa. I remember when growing up that some gals were still using the old cloth method for this. I do not think it is past the imagination that with all the poverty and what not we have in africa today, there are places where people can not afford pads and even cloth to reuse for such. Instead of jumping to offense mode, we need to make sure we understand what the problem really is. I mean I don't know how you expect someone living in Swaziland or even Zimbabwe to put aside money each month to purchase pads for his many daughters with rampant poverty everywhere you look. It exists and it may even exist in your own village even if people do not talk about it.

I heard that too but they know that it'll pass a different message to the American populace. I am telling you, most of them now think it's a routine in Africa for girls to miss school because of mensuration. Even if girls used cloth or tissue during your time, did that stop them from going to school?  before the invention of pads, what were the white people using? does that mean they missed school too? Do you know some people here still beg for food? how will those people get pads for their monthly business? I hope you know the company used "in some parts of Africa" in that commercial to evade lawsuit and their motive is just wrong.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Ndipe(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2008
Needlelady, stop being emotional!. It's the truth, I highly doubt if there is any American girl that would use a tissue (unless it's for personal reasons) for her period. Pads here are cheap. What am I even writing? They even have it in high schools and at some public places, whereby, if your period comes unannounced, you can buy easily buy it. And the poster who is referring to Ajegunle girls wearing pads, how do you know? One may ask me how I could come by such reasoning, but I am being upfront that no girl here in America, would simply decide to use alternative protection, because of the inaccesibility or high cost of sanitary pads. It's different at some places like Zimbabwe (as another guy mentioned) where food is the first priority before buying pads. I live in the boarding house, and quite a number of times, I used to hear of stories of embarrasing incidents that girls endured because of an 'accident'
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
Needlelady:

I heard that too but they know that it'll pass a different message to the American populace. I am telling you, most of them now think it's a routine in Africa for girls to miss school because of mensuration. Even if girls used cloth or tissue during your time, did that stop them from going to school? before the invention of pads, what were the white people using? does that mean they missed school too? Do you know some people here still beg for food? how will those people get pads for their monthly business? I hope you know the company used "in some parts of Africa" in that commercial to evade lawsuit and their motive is just wrong.

That is not true. Maybe you should find yourself better people to listen to or better still, ask them to listen carefully to the Ad. I mean that is as ridiculous as saying cause Oprah's went to africa to build a school for girls in Africa means there are no schools for girls in Africa. Anyone who thinks that way would need to get educated first and then come back and actually read up Oprah's reason for the school. The Ad is straight forward saying IN SOME PARTS OF AFRICA, Who could hear that and assume it means ALL PARTS OF AFRICA?? Please let us not assume cause we had it well for us means it is the same in all parts of africa. These people are trying to help THE WAY THEY KNOW HOW TO. INSTEAD of jumping to condemn when we have so far not been able to do the job ourself as a people, we should let them do what they can to help the gals until we grow up enough to learn to take on our own responsibilities. It is always easy to criticize those who are doing work but when asked to do the job, most run away.

I grew up on lagos myself and I can remember many situations where some women were seen walking around stained and rushing to find something or some way to clean up with. In my high school alone, I came to respect some of the hoodlums we had in our class cause of a brave thing they did one day for one of the gals got stained bad. This one dude basically walked behind her all the way to the hostel just to shield her. The dude even helped her purchase toilet roll cause pads were expensive back then. Imagine a father with practically no money for his kids having to purchase toilet roll or even pads for his child then. Abegi, let them do what they know how to ooo,

Please listen to the AD yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw5Sth65_zs and then look at the videos, Does all of Africa look like that Anyone who thinks that way first needs to go get EDUCATION FIRST AND FOREMOST. Please send them to the right place instead of entertaining such nonsense from them
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Ndipe(m): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2008
@kobojunkie, your school was better, Chei, and I was so flummoxed as to what caused this 'accidents'. Now, I know, expensive tampons and pads force these girls to use an inferior alternative therebuy risking embarrasment and their self dignity. Now, an american company is trying to help out (and what is the Nigerian government doing to assist?) and someone here is taking offense at it. Some people no like good thing.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 5:27am On Apr 01, 2008
That is not true. Maybe you should find yourself better people to listen to or better still, ask them to listen carefully to the Ad. I mean that is as ridiculous as saying cause Oprah's went to africa to build a school for girls in Africa means there are no schools for girls in Africa. Anyone who thinks that way would need to get educated first and then come back and actually read up Oprah's reason for the school. The Ad is straight forward saying IN SOME PARTS OF AFRICA, Who could hear that and assume it means ALL PARTS OF AFRICA?? Please let us not assume cause we had it well for us means it is the same in all parts of africa. These people are trying to help THE WAY THEY KNOW HOW TO. INSTEAD of jumping to condemn when we have so far not been able to do the job ourself as a people, we should let them do what they can to help the gals until we grow up enough to learn to take on our own responsibilities. It is always easy to criticize those who are doing work but when asked to do the job, most run away.

I grew up on lagos myself and I can remember many situations where some women were seen walking around stained and rushing to find something or some way to clean up with. In my high school alone, I came to respect some of the hoodlums we had in our class cause of a brave thing they did one day for one of the gals got stained bad. This one dude basically walked behind her all the way to the hostel just to shield her. The dude even helped her purchase toilet roll cause pads were expensive back then. Imagine a father with practically no money for his kids having to purchase toilet roll or even pads for his child then. Abegi, let them do what they know how to ooo,

Please listen to the AD yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw5Sth65_zs and then look at the videos, Does all of Africa look like that Anyone who thinks that way first needs to go get EDUCATION FIRST AND FOREMOST. Please send them to the right place instead of entertaining such nonsense from them

I can't believe you really believe all these multinational lions canvassing money from unsuspecting Americans in the name of redeeming Africa from it's woes. Do you know what Always stands to make from that marketing strategy? How many pads did they promise they'll supply to the poverty stricken Africa? What they did is like a UK company advertising their condom by saying "in some parts of America, minorities have a high STD rate because of abject poverty and can barely afford a condom, so, buy our condom so that we can help them afford protected sex"; Will they be lying if they say that? Do you think the American govt will let that thrash run for more than 1 hr in the UK?

And, the scenarios you described were accidental menses which can happen to any woman. You rarely see it here because of the availability of clean restrooms everywhere here quite unlike in Africa and that does not mean that every woman here can afford a sanitary pad easily. Now, did your classmate subsequently miss school because of her period?
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by chidichris(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2008
baby,
u don't need to be offended by that because it is a plain truth.
if problems of such are not exposed, how will NGOS know about them as to take care of the situations.
someone here asks the possibilities of people in zimbabwe who find it difficult to eat will waste money buying pads every month and this answer is,"not possible"
anyway, it is natural that the truth most times are bitter so feel free and get offended.
one day, one of you will be offended over the billions of dollars american spend in africa in form of donations to our dying continent
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2008
Needlelady:

I can't believe you really believe all these multinational lions canvassing money from unsuspecting Americans in the name of redeeming Africa from it's woes. Do you know what Always stands to make from that marketing strategy? How many pads did they promise they'll supply to the poverty stricken Africa? What they did is like a UK company advertising their condom by saying "in some parts of America, minorities have a high STD rate because of abject poverty and can barely afford a condom, so, buy our condom so that we can help them afford protected sex"; Will they be lying if they say that? Do you think the American govt will let that thrash run for more than 1 hr in the UK?

And, the scenarios you described were accidental menses which can happen to any woman. You rarely see it here because of the availability of clean restrooms everywhere here quite unlike in Africa and that does not mean that every woman here can afford a sanitary pad easily. Now, did your classmate subsequently miss school because of her period?

Regardless of what ALWAYS stands to make, fact is YOU are not supplying these people with these things so back off already and let ALWAYS do the much it can. When you decide that you can do better than ALWAYS is doing right now for them, please feel free to come back and critic and even shoot them down all you want. Infact, then I will even take your side in this. Till then, please stop.

See, this is what I find terrible with people. Where in America are condoms expensive when condoms are free at the free clinics?? I mean even when you talk of health care, do you know that here in america, in most all cities and counties, there are free clinics and food banks where people can go to get supplies and even condoms?? Please state facts and not crap. I happen to have been one of the many people who have lived naive of this fact for years until hardship hit me some years ago. Only then were my eyes opened to the many things available to people who are down. I had free dental for months from the free clinic and even free medical care. I even got free food from churches and the state food bank and I am not even talking of Food Stamps at all as these things are available to those in need in the general public.

Worse, why in the world do you blame high STD on condoms?? Are you now claiming it is ok to be STUPID cause condoms are supposedly expensive in these places?? Na wa oh!!! If that be the case, then Africans should freely pass on the STD's and pass on the blame to the condom companies for making them expensive.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by deor03(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2008
This is another way to rip money Off the ever ignorant americans , who always make decision with their minds NOT their heads.
Nobody in Africa needs you to buy any product just for our girls to have their period.Menstrual period started since when man existed so what the noise about it now!!!
The like of Oprah,Jerry Springer, Big corprations etc will always smile to the bank at the expense of the "always gullible ignorant " Americans.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2008
By Kobojunkie,
Regardless of what ALWAYS stands to make, fact is YOU are not supplying these people with these things so back off already and let ALWAYS do the much it can. When you decide that you can do better than ALWAYS is doing right now for them, please feel free to come back and critic and even shoot them down all you want. Infact, then I will even take your side in this. Till then, please stop.

Oh I feel you, o ye merciful. Do you really believe that crap you are saying? Are you saying that Zimbabwean women and other African women have no monthly cycle because they can't afford a pad?  I read in the news the other day that 2/3rd Africans have no loo. May be the tissue companies like 'charming' will start a new AD to promote their products and also promise every cutomer they'll donate 1Cent of their money  to 'operation flood Africa with loo'  because African children cannot go to school or church because there are no places to offload.

Also, McDonalds has been doing this charity practice for ages without painting Asia or Africa black.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2008
Needlelady:

Oh I feel you, o ye merciful. Do you really believe that crap you are saying? Are you saying that Zimbabwean women and other African women have no monthly cycle because they can't afford a pad? I read in the news the other day that 2/3rd Africans have no loo. May be the tissue companies like charming will start a new AD to promote their products and also promise every cutomer they'll donate 1Cent to operation provide toilet in Africa because African children cannot go to school or church because there are no places to offload.

Where in my post did I say anything about African/zimbabwean women not having periods cause they cannot afford pads??

Look, like I posted clearly in my post, instead of whining about people who are actually doing something not doing it ACCORDING to YOUR OWN SPECIFICATIONS, why don't you put yourself to better use by actually going out there to do better and then come back and tell us about it.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2008
Look, like I posted clearly in my post, instead of whining about people who are actually doing something not doing it ACCORDING to YOUR OWN SPECIFICATIONS, why don't you put yourself to better use by actually going out there to do better and then come back and tell us about it. 

You don't have to thrash somebody because you are helping him/her.  We've had charity organisations in every part of Africa and I've never seen any of them that turned it into a business making venture. If you think Always gives a damn about those girls, then you have another think coming.  Cooperate organisations are very mean in a capitalist world and can do anything within the law to make money off people. It's not the 1 cent they are donating, it's the principle behind it that is irking me.

Finally, Paris Hilton spoilt her gory image overtime but recently, Lionsgate is trying to make money off her by announcing she's involved in charity and feeding the hungry in Africa. It's only Africa that seems to be at the receiving end of this lions when some South American countries are pooerer than the poorest place in Africa. Will they use that as a business venture? No, because most Americans know they are not as hopeless as the media puts it out.  You may also be rejoicing they are giving you refurbished pads, also check  its  negative impact on investments and torists in African nations. Most unsuspecting people wouldn't  want to visit a famine,accursed and disease stricken land the media put it out to be.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2008
By Deor03,

This is another way to rip money Off the ever ignorant americans , who always make decision with their minds NOT their heads.
Nobody in Africa needs you to buy any product just for our girls to have their period.Menstrual period started since when man existed so what the noise about it now!!!
The like of Oprah,Jerry Springer, Big corprations etc will always smile to the bank at the expense of the "always gullible ignorant " Americans.

That's the handwork of the media. Even Nigerians help things out a bit here. If you see some living out here that recently travelled back home, the kind of information they give you about the Nigerian environment may make you swear not to go there in your life but when I went home last month, it wasn't as bad as they put it out to be.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2008
Needlelady:

//~ You don't have to thrash somebody because you are helping him/her.  We've had charity organisations in every part of Africa and I've never seen any of them that turned it into a business making venture. If you think Always gives a damn about those girls, then you have another think coming.  Cooperate organisations are very mean in a capitalist world and can do anything within the law to make money off people. It's not the 1 cent they are donating, it's the principle behind it that is irking me.

//~ Finally, Paris Hilton spoilt her gory image overtime but recently, Lionsgate is trying to make money off her by announcing she's involved in charity and feeding the hungry in Africa. It's only Africa that seems to be at the receiving end of this lions when some South American countries are pooerer than the poorest place in Africa. Will they use that as a business venture? No, because most Americans know they are not as hopeless as the media puts it out.  You may also be rejoicing they are giving you refurbished pads, also check  its  negative impact on investments and torists in African nations. Most unsuspecting people wouldn't  want to visit a famine,accursed and disease stricken land the media put it out to be.

Please consider that you are not the FINAL say on what is and what is not. It is trash to you DOES NOT MAKE IT FACT FOR ALL that it is trash. The world does not answer to you. Infact, I do not see anything wrong with the message in the video at all. I only see you trying to trash the work of others who are actually doing something to help alleviate this particular situation. Please understand that to see where I am coming from, you have to step out of yourself to see what I see and from my vantage point, I do not see the AD or the objective as the problem but I see people like you as more of the problem we have in Africa today when it comes to development. Always quick to criticize and cut down the efforts of others cause 1) they do not do it how exactly you want it to be done according to you 2) Always claiming to have a better idea yet not doing anything of your own to help the people involved 3) always quick to blame everyone else for the problems we have in africa instead of actually butting blame where it is due 4) taking a "conspiracy theory" approach to most all moves made by others to help africans who you have not been able to help all this while.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Ndipe(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2008
I dont know of any Nigerian girl, from a less privileged background who would shove their face away from Always for attempting to help them out. Needlelady, please you are no ambassador of these girls.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by BigB11(m): 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2008
If you see some living out here that recently travelled back home, the kind of information they give you about the Nigerian environment may make you swear not to go there in your life but when I went home last month, it wasn't as bad as they put it out to be.

Those are the master's boys, they would do anything and everything to drag their father's land on the dusty floor.
FYI: There are some deadly/ dirty neighbourhood around various cities (Philly, Ohio, Chicago, Detroit, Louisiana, Mississippi, Atl and many more) in United states that are worst than Yaba; but guess what? American media will never show-off these areas to the world. it is always may God bless America (which is cool with me).
But on the other hand, my brothers are so quick to show-off our dirty laundries to the world, because they love to keep it real.
Absolutely ridiculous!

Nigeria may not be together at the moment, but there is no place like my home, Sweet Nigeria!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by BigB11(m): 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2008
And I predict that many of these folks will be returning home one by one as soon as the gas prices rise up to 7 dollars per gallon.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Lady2(f): 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2008
funny enough the women are the ones speaking against the ad.

As I understand the points of kobojunkie and other males, I will kindly speak from experience.

I didn't start using pads until I came to the US, even after that, all that I was provided from mummy was toilet paper and the cheap one at that matter. IT DID NOT STOP ME FROM GOING TO SCHOOL AND IT DIDN'T STOP THE OTHER GIRLS WHO COULDN'T AFFORD IT EITHER. I am sick and tired of menstruation being used as an excuse. Yes, the "intention" of the company appears to be good, but don't be surprised if it isn't. Africa has been exploited, the last thing we need to see in a world that already thinks lowly of the continet is that some girls miss school because of their period. That's the only annoying part. If they want to donate pads to these girls, then great. But to open the thought of girls missing school because of it to this part of the world is not proper.
Let's not forget these are people that still think we walk around naked. abi dem neva ask u where u buy cloth when u come from Africa? dem don ask me o. grin
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by BigB11(m): 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2008
If you see some living out here that recently travelled back home, the kind of information they give you about the Nigerian environment may make you swear not to go there in your life but when I went home last month, it wasn't as bad as they put it out to be.

Criticising your country could and would never bring anything good to you. The only pride you have today starts with where you're from.
FYI: There are tons of Africans from other countries that still lie that they are from Nigeria; and many African Americans crave for opportunity to be able to point out their fathers' villages in Africa.

But my brother are very quick to negatively judge their fathers' land
I guess, it is true that folks in general do not appreciate what they have or where they come from till a whiteman beats them on the head with a stick at work.

May God bless Nigeria!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Lady2(f): 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2008
Big B1

I agree with u bro, when I hear all the negative things I get pissed.
They say it should get better, well I ask who should make it better when everyone is leaving? The trees? The monkeys?
Rubbish people. angry
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2008
Those are the master's boys, they would do anything and everything to drag their father's land on the dusty floor.
FYI: There are some deadly/ dirty neighbourhood around various cities (Philly, Ohio, Chicago, Detroit, Louisiana, Mississippi, Atl and many more) in United states that are worst than Yaba; but guess what? American media will never show-off these areas to the world. it is always may God bless America (which is cool with me).
But on the other hand, my brothers are so quick to show-off our dirty laundries to the world, because they love to keep it real.
Absolutely ridiculous!

Nigeria may not be together at the moment, but there is no place like my home, Sweet Nigeria!

Sometimes one wonders what they derive from saying those things. Foreigners tell you about armed robbery in Lagos as if you can't even walk along a street without being shot twice how much less stopping at a gas station  but  to my utter dismay, lagos is yet to achieve the crime status of Detroit and DC. How many times do you see Americans over whining about it? it's one of the unfortunate things that happen in life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D / Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! / What Happened To Kogi State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.