Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? (25671 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / I Want To Give My Baby Up For Adoption / Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by humanbeingcom: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
madam, go and work for money if you are physically sound and look for the father(very inportant)because at 18 you can be a mother.

if he turns to be a president both of you will go to public, court etc for claim.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
sunnshyn:

That she cant provide for the child now doesnt mean she wouldnt be able to provide later on in life? who knows what tomorrow brings? a job? The father of the child returning back to his senses and decides he was wrong and wants his child? Anything is possible!

Very true and honestly would be great to see all that, however, what happened between the time the child is born and when the "Daddy - Anyone that could make a baby" comes to his real senses?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by okemmadu(m): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
Why do u think ur parents wont accept the baby into their family? why go for adoption?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
Poster, if the office provves to hard to find just ask of legal aid office its the same compound but different offices.
Abuja University distant learning campus is on the street.
My friend is trying to make contacts, waiting for her to get back to me.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by sunnshyn(f): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Very true and honestly would be great to see all that, however, what happened between the time the child is born and when the "Daddy - Anyone that could make a baby" comes to his real senses?

Fhemmmy, my point is: Anything is possible as long as she's willing to be patient! Tomorrow in this context may mean even before the birth of the child..The said father of the child may come running back to her tomorrow(literarily) who knows?

Besides, we all dishing out these advises without considering the run-away-dad....he will be back OP, I can promise you that.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by claremont(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2013
@OP: You are by far better off than most of these holier-than-thou ladies who have gone through a multitude of abortions. The mere fact that you are able to carry a baby through to term and then give it up for adoption shows a high level of maturity.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by travelxpat(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
You are a very good expectant mum.if you were to be in ekiti state,I would have employed you and give you accomodation for a year till you get back on your feet.please if there is any little I can do ,like buying diapers and few items for the baby,you can reach me anytime .take me as the one year temporary father of the unborn.please smile ,children are gift from God and they come with a lot of blessings.forgive your boyfriend,he was only confused,I had mine when I was 25,though as a serving corper with no hope but when I look at my boy now,I always thanks God I never made the silly mistake of deciding on abortion.I will drop my contacts details to the moderator only and after he is certain that its a true story,then I will authorise you get my number.stay blessed my sister

14 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by miredia(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
Send me a PM solely with that moniker.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by gunuvi(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls if you are empowered, will u be able to take care of your child yourself?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by miracle4(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
gunuvi: Pls if you are empowered, will u be able to take care of your child yourself?
miredia: Send me a PM solely with that moniker.
travelxpat: You are a very good expectant mum.if you were to be in ekiti state,I would have employed you and give you accomodation for a year till you get back on your feet.please if there is any little I can do ,like buying diapers and few items for the baby,you can reach me anytime .take me as the one year temporary father of the unborn.please smile ,children are gift from God and they come with a lot of blessings.forgive your boyfriend,he was only confused,I had mine when I was 25,though as a serving corper with no hope but when I look at my boy now,I always thanks God I never made the silly mistake of deciding on abortion.I will drop my contacts details to the moderator only and after he is certain that its a true story,then I will authorise you get my number.stay blessed my sister
big people talking

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by BodyKiss(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
c++_crazy:
some women are heartless.....
That is why sometimes i wish we are hermophrodite....
Maybe the guy didn't want to hav sex on dat day but the lady was 2 hor*ny like during her ovulation period and forced d guy to plunge his plunger into her okpa awara awa and now she wants to blame the guy and pause his dreams.

Hahaha, lol @bold. Do you really program with this sort of brain of yours? Your applications must be filled with bugs and memory leaks. Hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Gcares(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
Desloaaa: my dear,get sometin doing,any decent job,irrespective of d meagre pay,dust off laziness and make up your mind,that you'll take care of your child,come what may.Adorption is not really a good idea on my part. I'd rather soak garri and salt with my child,than allow him enjoy fried rice and chicken with sm other..
What story will u tell him after today
Ninu ofi,ninu ola,lomo pandoro n dagba.The Lord is ur strength
And you must be a christian undecided
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
sunnshyn:

Fhemmmy, my point is: Anything is possible as long as she's willing to be patient! Tomorrow in this context may mean even before the birth of the child..The said father of the child may come running back to her tomorrow(literarily) who knows?

Besides, we all dishing out these advises without considering the run-away-dad....he will be back OP, I can promise you that.

[b]I do understand you and inasmuch as i wanna agree with you but there are some things that has to be done:
1. White she is pregnant, how has she been able to afford antinatals, if at all she is taking care of herself at all, which will affect the child.
2. How is she feeding and living well to make sure the child is aiight too, cos now the baby eats what the mother is eatng.
3. If she is not able to take care of herself before she is responsible for another life, how would she be able to do it now that she is not as strong as she was when was only her
4. A man that is gone MIGHT come back and MIGHT not come back.
So inasmuch as we wanna base a lot on MAYBE, we have to look at the other side of that MAYBE as well and that is MAYBE NOT, so she has to plan based on what she see, which is her present state of finances and if there is NONE, better for her to think of what is best for that child . . . thus my saying, she should make sure she is careful in making that decision.

If she will be able to get people to help her out financially, i am sure that would be great, and if possible to talk to her family to help as well, and i have seen a lot of this kinda thing that will make even the mother to mortgage her own life and the mother and the child ends up struggling for as long as ever is.
Wont be an easy decision BUT something MUST be done, at least for the sake of the woman and that of the child.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
travelxpat: You are a very good expectant mum.if you were to be in ekiti state,I would have employed you and give you accomodation for a year till you get back on your feet.please if there is any little I can do ,like buying diapers and few items for the baby,you can reach me anytime .take me as the one year temporary father of the unborn.please smile ,children are gift from God and they come with a lot of blessings.forgive your boyfriend,he was only confused,I had mine when I was 25,though as a serving corper with no hope but when I look at my boy now,I always thanks God I never made the silly mistake of deciding on abortion.I will drop my contacts details to the moderator only and after he is certain that its a true story,then I will authorise you get my number.stay blessed my sister

This is really great and i will be more than glad to join hand to help as well . . . ONLY if the story could be verified. . . BUT the woman must be wiling to be strong and do something as well for her life.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by ChocolateKiss: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
@ OP, considering adoption definitely does not make you a bad mother-to-be. It means you are a selfless mother. You are putting the needs of your unborn child first and that is exactly what you should be doing. Good luck with everything. I pray that you will be able to get things in order and get your child back soon.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Odunnu: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
coogar:

Hahahahaha got you!
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by olaidesk(f): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
‎​ill advice to takecare of Your child than adoption, because wen U̶̲̥̅̊ do dat U̶̲̥̅̊ may not Go back ontime to take the child. Pls may God be by Your side amen.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by toluene12: 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Desloaaa: my dear,get sometin doing,any decent job,irrespective of d meagre pay,dust off laziness and make up your mind,that you'll take care of your child,come what may.Adorption is not really a good idea on my part. I'd rather soak garri and salt with my child,than allow him enjoy fried rice and chicken with sm other..
What story will u tell him after today
that's if the child ever lives that long to hear the story
poverty is the commonest cause of nigeria's high infant mortality rate.
88 out of every 1000 babies born in nigeria dont live to see their first birthday. its that bad.
let her give up the child for adoption or foster care, at least that will give the child a better chance of survival.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by toluene12: 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
sunnshyn:

are u sure u reside in nigeria?
how many of those men really do come back. once they are gone, they are gone for good.
the lady is left alone to carry her cross.
most of these women come from low income families, therefore the family support is virtually non existent.
on very rare occasions, the man may come back after maany years, only to claim his MALE child if he has fertility or child preferential issues

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
toluene12:

are u sure u reside in nigeria?
how many of those men really do come back. once they are gone, they are gone for good.
the lady is left alone to carry her cross.
most of these women come from low income families, therefore the family support is virtually non existent.
on very rare occasions, the man may come back after maany years, only to claim his MALE child if he has fertility or child preferential issues

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Originalsly: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nothing in life is guaranteed...nobody is certain about the future.Do you know if you would live to deliver the baby? You are not the first nor last to have an unplanned pregnancy at a young age. Things may be gloomy now...family would have nothing good to say and would talk about you having to take care of your child on your own. All that talk is them venting their anger and disappointment in you. The day that child is born the very ones would be proud of their grandchild/nephew/niece. For now I would advise that you have faith that somehow you would be able to raise your child for where there is a will there is a way. There is more to either abortion or adoption. Give away your child to strangers and later that decision will haunt you for the rest of your life. The night will soon pass and a new day will dawn. Am done.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by chimexp(f): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
elkol: 27 weeks! Still 'abortable'

talking as if you are the guy involved or a friend to the stupid guy, why is it that some men are so stupid and wicked?

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
Odunnu:
That man who wont want me to have his baby isnt born yet.
I havent ever done it with a man who wont stand to his responsibilites.
BTW, i'm a virgin. Ask Coogar if you doubt me.
''that man who won't want me to have his baby isn't born yet'' an example of women who stab their husband's when he yashes the househelp...@op#dz is an example of a bad mother, stop disturbing urself, u aren't one and once u have good manners, som1 who worths u will come ur way... Odunnu who asked u if u are a virgin or not, u dat I normally see @ 8hrs in enugu on thursday and saturday nights... Don't ask me how I caught you.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by HapiNna: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
@op, I don't know your location but find out if the daughters of divine love (ddl) exists in your location. Meet them, they will help you.
DDL is a religious congregation. (reverend sisters)
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
sunnshyn: Well, i just think that the OP is still too scared to think properly and 27weeks is a tad still early...

Please you would have to think this through well enough. By all means go and find out what it takes to give babies up for adoption, but please do not sign contracts and its likes yet..

All you feel now isnt new, I would never advise you give your baby up for adoption to unknown people, im sure that as you progress with the pregnancy, feeling your baby breath and kick would make you have a re-think.

Children are blessings from God. Pray through this times and ask that God guides you and give you direction.

You are not a bad mother,

Stay safe,
sunnshyn
children are blessings from God only when you get them how God made it 2 come, stop confusing the op, she made a mistake, she should just pray 2 God for forgiveness and pray for the child to be a blessing and she should trust God and forget the guilt ...period
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by chimexp(f): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

This is really great and i will be more than glad to join hand to help as well . . . ONLY if the story could be verified. . . BUT the woman must be wiling to be strong and do something as well for her life.

this is great, so there are still people who really care for one another? whoa! that's interesting.God will surely bless you bros.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

see wetin yahoo yahoo boys don do now, everybody dey suspect even innocent people
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
c++_crazy:
see wetin yahoo yahoo boys don do now, everybody dey suspect even innocent people

My brother, i pray for the day that we will easily be able to just blv all stories . . . But this person sounds genuine.

chimexp:

this is great, so there are still people who really care for one another? whoa! that's interesting.God will surely bless you bros.

Thanks and you too, and i blv that we are blessed to be a blessing to others. . .
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
@op plz don't give up the child for adoption, even though my spirit is telling she will be female ie if the story is true, she'l bring u unimaginable blessings and joy. Plz am kneeling down and begging... Keep the baby instead seek for help in any oda way like the people who offered to help u
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
BodyKiss:

Hahaha, lol @bold. Do you really program with this sort of brain of yours? Your applications must be filled with bugs and memory leaks. Hahahahaha
u ar correct most programs I write no dey get logical error wey i no fit detect sef and devil come kiss me sote a glass of water pour inside my system through the keyboard. I just dey look the lappy and en dey look me back
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by OCTAVO: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hmmmmmmm... Why do you want to give a PRESIDENT up for adoption?
OP, most assuredly I say unto you, you shall regret this!
Be careful!
Endure the pain and hardship, it's only for a moment.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Odunharry(m): 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
what are u doing currently?if u school,it best u gve the baby to pipu u know dat can rily take good care of the baby while u face ur studies squarely.
If u work try and cncentrate on ur work even though it may be hard to get over what u r feeling right now.
But dnt 4get,when d guy cmes back 4 apology,u can 4gve him bt think very well even though smtime a child will ask for his father...i believe he doesnt love u at all frm what you said.

God wont 4get u or ur baby

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.