Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? (25666 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / I Want To Give My Baby Up For Adoption / Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by fegflu: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
send ur details to my email info@excell-consulting.co.uk. i think i will love to adopt the child and give to my wife. i live abroad. Thanks
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by cherriex(f): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: thank u so much. i will go there first thing tomorow.
My dear,iam a woman like u and I understand ur situation,I advice u keep ur
Baby nd take care of him/her,help will come since u seek it.
Am willing to help u when u give birth nd I dnt hv to c u,jst send me
Ur contact thru dorcasbrahim@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by seunblack(m): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: thank u so much. i will go there first thing tomorow.
try and update us about the out come of your discussion with the welfare board
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
If you still want to give up the baby for adoption, I am interested in adopting
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by kelvs4u: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
sadI don't know wat to say to U̶̲̥̅̊. Buh I promise U̶̲̥̅̊ I will keep praying for U̶̲̥̅̊ n ur bAby.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by OCTAVO: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
Where is NAIRALAND's T-hen? Pls this lady should be assisted.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
op what is your family saying about your decision to put the child for adoption? Am sure you have no right to take decisions on your own without the consent of your parents. you also said in your post that you will put the child for adoption and collect the child a year later. how possible can that be. I think you should be patient not to make your decision cos the father of your child might have a change of heart. He seems confused at the moment. please don't make a decision you will regret in life.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls for God sake,breastfeed your baby for six months before you give him or her for adoption,he will not fall sick and it will help him or her in development in near and long term,pls pls pls,and you will be rewarded by God because He actually wants mothers to fortify their babies atleast before you start taking him around hospital or miracle churches.Remember God will not come down thats why He gave you the breast to fortify your newborn to be.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by free2ryhme: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
elkol: 27 weeks! Still 'abortable'

deluded mind

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
God bless you sir,so good people still exist.
travelxpat: You are a very good expectant mum.if you were to be in ekiti state,I would have employed you and give you accomodation for a year till you get back on your feet.please if there is any little I can do ,like buying diapers and few items for the baby,you can reach me anytime .take me as the one year temporary father of the unborn.please smile ,children are gift from God and they come with a lot of blessings.forgive your boyfriend,he was only confused,I had mine when I was 25,though as a serving corper with no hope but when I look at my boy now,I always thanks God I never made the silly mistake of deciding on abortion.I will drop my contacts details to the moderator only and after he is certain that its a true story,then I will authorise you get my number.stay blessed my sister
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by hammerh(f): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hi, you can contact me on this email and we can talk hoi_fax@yahoo.com
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by gabbytabby: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
elkol: 27 weeks! Still 'abortable'

27 weeks!!!! You try. The cut off is 12 weeks and you are more than double that. You want to damage your womb such that you might never have another or maybe die in the process with all this quack doctors around as they are the only ones that will do a 27 weeks preggers.

Its tough bringing up a child by yourself. I will never advice that someone give away their baby but appreciate how tough it must be in your situation. I know your parents might be dissappointed but in time they will come round and you need them at a very important time in your life. Go home and speak to your mom and as a family decide the way forward.

Goodluck.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by francescainnoce(f): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
@op...
I admire your courage and boldness despite being in confusion, U seek advice for a solution..
I must say that I am pleased and ur story is not just about a solution but its a lesson to alot of people out here esp ME..
Please though i am young but i had advice you not to give up your baby for adoption reason being that this world is getting funny and we dont know how many people we can trust but we have to start from somewhere..
your baby is due to be out and let me say this to you...
Though its optional...
I don't know how much it cost for a baby diaper or napkin or milk ..
But if you choose to keep the baby i will take responsibility of the diapers and the milk monthly ...
Think thou but i believe you can make it with your baby without adoption if only you believe in God and yourself

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by olaidesk(f): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
‎​ill advice U̶̲̥̅̊ to takecare of Your child than adoption , God`s know U̶̲̥̅̊ have ‎​no body and he surlly provide For U̶̲̥̅̊ by his grace than adoption. Please trust ‎​no body. Abo oro lan so fun omoluabi ........
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Efikman(m): 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: thank u all. i will give u feed back tomorow. i appraciate u all. thank u
Why u go carry belle?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Efikman(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
coogar: some men are heartless.....
this is when i sometimes wish men should be getting pregnant like the ladies. he offloaded his debris into her before realising he has a career to pursue - why didn't he think of that before sticking it in her?
It takes 2 to tango. Or was she unconscious wen he was sticking it in? My advise to her is to take the baby to d guy's parents 1st. If they now reject him/her, then she could take the baby 2 d welfare or even take it to her own parents. Afterall, its their grandchild.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by donsteady(m): 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
tears while reading this, i am sorry for your situation, will make 20k available for you tomorrow morning, please advice on how i can do that.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
seeing people make offers on nairaland to someone they have never met... such love. made me cry.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by andyanders: 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: Am 27 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancialy cos i dont have anything doing yet.

my boyfriend who is the father of my child walk away cos he said he's not ready to be a father yet, that he has his career to pursue.

i actually never wanted to keep this pregnancy, but he convinced me to keep it, but just of a recent, he said he's scared that we should remove it. which i agree with him. we went to the hospital and met a doctor who adviced us to keep it. that i may die in the process.

since then, he stop calling me, visiting and even stop picking my calls. I've been so depressed and scared. i don't have money to even go for antenatal not to talk of what to use and take care of my baby when i give birth.

i've really disappointed my mom and my two younger brothers and don't know what to do. since last week i started thinking of giving out my baby for adoption, but i don't know how to go about it.

my question is:
1. does the thought of given out my child for adoption makes me a terrible mom to be?

pls if u know of any legal organization or foundation in abuja that can adopt my child for a year so that i can come back and get my baby, pls let me know and if u have any advice or help, pls advice me.

pls dont judge me nor condemn me. i already know i did wrong by not been careful, believing in promises that easily failed me and given out my trust to love . thank u

Young woman, for we all are sinners in the presence of God Almighty, just kneel down and ask God for forgiveness. God cannot condemn you when you have asked for forgiveness Do not give your baby out for adoption. I believe that God will send someone that would help you out.Or, go to Synagogue Church of All Nations and you will be prayed for and also your babycould be lucky and be granted a full scholarship to any level of education in his/her educational career.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Boscog(m): 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
I wll like to adopt the baby but first to were u are from n if the baby gonna be a boy .
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by jpphilips(m): 10:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: Am 27 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancialy cos i dont have anything doing yet.

my boyfriend who is the father of my child walk away cos he said he's not ready to be a father yet, that he has his career to pursue.

i actually never wanted to keep this pregnancy, but he convinced me to keep it, but just of a recent, he said he's scared that we should remove it. which i agree with him. we went to the hospital and met a doctor who adviced us to keep it. that i may die in the process.

since then, he stop calling me, visiting and even stop picking my calls. I've been so depressed and scared. i don't have money to even go for antenatal not to talk of what to use and take care of my baby when i give birth.

i've really disappointed my mom and my two younger brothers and don't know what to do. since last week i started thinking of giving out my baby for adoption, but i don't know how to go about it.

my question is:
1. does the thought of given out my child for adoption makes me a terrible mom to be?

pls if u know of any legal organization or foundation in abuja that can adopt my child for a year so that i can come back and get my baby, pls let me know and if u have any advice or help, pls advice me.

pls dont judge me nor condemn me. i already know i did wrong by not been careful, believing in promises that easily failed me and given out my trust to love . thank u

how much is a pack of condom in abuja??
Nigeria is already over populated pls dont make it worse
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Ndipe(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
Giving up the baby for adoption has its pros and cons, what if the adoptive parent turns out to maltreat the child? I dont know, it's a very sensitive topic, but truthfully, I would suggest you explore every options available before giving up the child for adoption. You dont want to spend all your waking moments regretting your choice.

Read this novel, 'Secret daughter' by Shilip Gowda about a woman's heartrending choice to give up her baby daughter to protect her from gender infanticide (in India) and the emotional heartbreak she endured afterwards.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
Have you contacted the guys parent and your own parent regarding your decision
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by osifred(m): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
Desloaaa: my dear,get sometin doing,any decent job,irrespective of d meagre pay,dust off laziness and make up your mind,that you'll take care of your child,come what may.Adorption is not really a good idea on my part. I'd rather soak garri and salt with my child,than allow him enjoy fried rice and chicken with sm other..
What story will u tell him after today
Ninu ofi,ninu ola,lomo pandoro n dagba.The Lord is ur strength

Go away. you are not been logical here.
How could you prefer that the child lives with you in poverty with a high chance of becoming a criminal than to leave in comfort with bright future in another person's house?

@op the best advise is that you visit the social or welfare department as they are in the best position to help you.
All the best
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
I'm not condemning you o, but i'm thinking can't u try and get a little job to do dat can sustain you?? Btw..i don't believe ur mum and dad wouldn't try and assist u in any form..including ur siblings too?? Ok..probably tinz may be hard or even worse for ur folks too..but with the little u have at hand..try to manage yourself and take care of ur baby.
Giving up ur child for adoption doesn't make u a bad mum, but what story would you want to tell the child whenever you become capable to go pick him up.?? What if the new couple who adopted him suddenly feel they love the child too much to give back to you..despite agreement and signed contract, and then they decide to 'run' and live somewhere else without ur reach?? Now can you live with dat for the rest of your life?? I really pray dat will not become ur portion if at all you decide to give it up for adoption.
But pls and pls, think very well before taking this decision..put it before God or Allah, and ask him to put you true,.so u don't end up making a decision you may regret in future. Take care.
and i'm waiting to hear the feedback! Cheers!
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by PrettieJ(f): 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2013

my question is:

Go to Holy Family Sisters of the Needy there in abuja,i don't remember the address but u can make enquiries n go there,all the best.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by mkoabiola: 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
@ op y don't use condom@1st
Av u talk to d guy's parent?
Wat if d guy chang hs mind?
I will assist u for diapers and cerelac afta delivery.
A lesson to all ladies out dere.
So many kind hearted ppu on NL.#smile#
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by remmydada(m): 12:31am On Mar 27, 2013
I wish you the best but make sure you think it through may the Lord put you on the right track, come to think of it this is the first time I see people give good advice on naira land
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Lenny5000(m): 1:04am On Mar 27, 2013
travelxpat: You are a very good expectant mum.if you were to be in ekiti state,I would have employed you and give you accomodation for a year till you get back on your feet.please if there is any little I can do ,like buying diapers and few items for the baby,you can reach me anytime .take me as the one year temporary father of the unborn.please smile ,children are gift from God and they come with a lot of blessings.forgive your boyfriend,he was only confused,I had mine when I was 25,though as a serving corper with no hope but when I look at my boy now,I always thanks God I never made the silly mistake of deciding on abortion.I will drop my contacts details to the moderator only and after he is certain that its a true story,then I will authorise you get my number.stay blessed my sister

@ travelxpat, Thank you so much for this wonderful message, may God bless you abundantly.

@OP, you can see that nobody is blaming you... My own take on this is, dont be so much in a rush to think of Abortion. What if this is the only Child you would give birth to? How do you know you will survive it? I dont know how the Nigerian laws works concerning adoption, but take your time to really find out so you dont do something you will regret forever. Like some few people here I too believe Children are Gifts from God almighty and they are blessing too, so I will contribute my own 5cents if you decide to keep the baby... Will also send some baby clothes.. Stay Blessed and Stay strong
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by zinylizzy(f): 1:08am On Mar 27, 2013
Desloaaa:
must d baby wear diapers??
What happened to breast milk??
Are you for real? must she wear diapers? dt's d kind of life u wan for her baby when she can offer her smth better with d social welfare?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Iceslizer(f): 3:04am On Mar 27, 2013
fegflu: send ur details to my email info@excell-consulting.co.uk. i think i will love to adopt the child and give to my wife. i live abroad. Thanks

Its a baby, not a doll !!! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Goshen360(m): 5:02am On Mar 27, 2013
@ moderators and everyone,

How do we verify this story and the op herself? I'm willing to joining the helping team that had promised to help but I don't throw my money in the air, hence we must verify and see proof.

Everyone who had promised to help, we can pull resources together and set up the OP for a small business and empower her before the baby is born and so, her feet is on ground to continue raising her child by herself.

The moderator(s) can contact me via PM if the story is verified to be true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret / Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.