Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? (25663 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / I Want To Give My Baby Up For Adoption / Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by baynix(m): 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
BodyKiss:

Yeah, we know already, so shutup and advice.

Why not advice too instead of barking?? No offence!

@OP: Pls give it up for adoption, am not sure you 'ld be able to finance the "coming-soon-baby"!
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
@OP,
Fist of all the mistakes have been made,so what is the solution?
You are 27 weeks gone and already contemplating giving out your baby for adopton? Is that the solution? Are you very sure in the future you will not want this baby back? Do not act on emotions,because I know you are so confused right now. Right now you claim the unborn babys daddy does not want anything to do with this child but what about in the future? Have you and yourr parents tried to have a sit down with your boy friends family on the way forward? Have either of you talked about getting a job?
How old are you? And how old is your boy friend?
I know you are pretty mixed up now,but you need to take a deep breath and think very deeply and carefully before even contemplating giving your baby away to strangers.
A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Please state only 2

Ask your Oga at the top..
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Richvkunt: @OP,
Fist of all the mistakes have been made,so what is the solution?
You are 27 weeks gone and already contemplating giving out your baby for adopton? Is that the solution? Are you very sure in the future you will not want this baby back? Do not act on emotions,because I know you are so confused right now. Right now you claim the unborn babys daddy does not want anything to do with this child but what about in the future? Have you and yourr parents tried to have a sit down with your boy friends family on the way forward? Have either of you talked about getting a job?
How old are you? And how old is your boy friend?
I know you are pretty mixed up now,but you need to take a deep breath and think very deeply and carefully before even contemplating giving your baby away to strangers.
A word is enough for the wise.

Not too bad of an advice too . . .
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
@op, nice decision. like debrief has advised,go to social services.
don't go the abortion route please. ever.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls don't loose hope. It may be that the reality has just dawned on your boyfriend hence his fright. Hopefully he will come to his senses.

Why adoption? Are you still in school? Your baby will need you most within the first six months to one year so I don't think adoption should be your first option.

If you are still in school, you can consider deferring a session so you can continue after a year.

Above all be optimistic and positive.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
Gal go 2 dat place d oda guy posted 4 u*but mk sure u follow up ur *baby boy*(cus na wetin him go be)up,so u be wt him durin his growin days*concentrate on ur books or job now dat u nw av a child*
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
Brimmie: MORAL: Use Condom To Avoid Unwanted Pregnancy
or postinor 2 after u hav made the mistake
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
Yes Odunnu, all states have welfare offices at the local Government secretariate with qualified social workers.
Due to budget constraint and bad Government Policies their activities are not highlighted and promoted so people can know where to turn to when they need help.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Odunnu: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
Some of us don't seem to understand the unique way this adoption is.
I think its, she gives the home the baby for a period of time on agreement and comes back for it when she is on her feet. This goes with payment for the home's support and care.
Nobody will adopt the baby from the home, she will have custody of her baby after a passage of time

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
Desloaaa:
must d baby wear diapers??
What happened to breast milk??
what? is this even a serious question? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
coogar: some men are heartless.....
this is when i sometimes wish men should be getting pregnant like the ladies. he offloaded his debris into her before realising he has a career to pursue - why didn't he think of that before sticking it in her?
some women are heartless.....
That is why sometimes i wish we are hermophrodite....
Maybe the guy didn't want to hav sex on dat day but the lady was 2 hor*ny like during her ovulation period and forced d guy to plunge his plunger into her okpa awara awa and now she wants to blame the guy and pause his dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
Odunnu: Some of us don't seem to understand the unique way this adoption is.
I think its, she gives the home the baby for a period of time on agreement and comes back for it when she is on her feet. This goes with payment for the home's support and care.
Nobody will adopt the baby from the home, she will have custody of her baby after a passage of time

What?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Odunnu: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
debrief08: Yes Odunnu, all states have welfare offices at the local Government secretariate with qualified social workers.
Due to budget constraint and bad Government Policies their activities are not highlighted and promoted so people can know where to turn to when they need help.
Really? Thank you. This info will come handy some day.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Odunnu: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

What?
Why? Are you surprised? Why?
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Odunnu:
Really? Thank you. This info will come handy some day.

ar u 20 weeks pregnant and planning to give out ur baby also?

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Odunnu is right, my friend has handled a few I did the paper work pro bono
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by coogar: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
c++_crazy:
some women are heartless.....
That is why sometimes i wish we are hermophrodite....
Maybe the guy didn't want to hav sex on dat day but the lady was 2 hor*ny like during her ovulation period and forced d guy to plunge his plunger into her okpa awara awa and now she wants to blame the guy and pause his dreams.

[img]http://forum.fitnessbloggen.no/attachments/td50137_fry-not-sure-if-trolling-jpg.72209/[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: Am 27 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancialy cos i dont have anything doing yet.

my boyfriend who is the father of my child walk away cos he said he's not ready to be a father yet, that he has his career to pursue.

i actually never wanted to keep this pregnancy, but he convinced me to keep it, but just of a recent, he said he's scared that we should remove it. which i agree with him. we went to the hospital and met a doctor who adviced us to keep it. that i may die in the process.

since then, he stop calling me, visiting and even stop picking my calls. I've been so depressed and scared. i don't have money to even go for antenatal not to talk of what to use and take care of my baby when i give birth.

i've really disappointed my mom and my two younger brothers and don't know what to do. since last week i started thinking of giving out my baby for adoption, but i don't know how to go about it.

my question is:
1. does the thought of given out my child for adoption makes me a terrible mom to be?

pls if u know of any legal organization or foundation in abuja that can adopt my child for a year so that i can come back and get my baby, pls let me know and if u have any advice or help, pls advice me.

pls dont judge me nor condemn me. i already know i did wrong by not been careful, believing in promises that easily failed me and given out my trust to love . thank u

[b]I will not judge you...

1. Giving up your child for a ONE YEAR LEASE is not possible.. #SORRY!! Except your parents or relatives are involved, I doubt you will find anyone who will be willing to accept such an offer. Try though, you never know.

2. Giving up your baby for adoption does not make you a bad mom but a good one. Like I advise expentant mothers in my shrine, if you cant raise it, give it out for adoption, abort it or use it for ogwu ego.. (Just kidding with the last part).. grin However... There is a risk attached to giving out a baby for adoption and it is called UNCERTAINTIES!!! Some foster parents dont turn out to be as loving as one would hope. The fate of your child lies squarely in the hands of another. You may just have put that child in worse danger than you can ever imagine. The risk involved is unpredictable. Also, you may end up having mood swings every now and then if you arent strong enough. Adoption is a decision for very very strong willed people. Once done, there is almost never a second chance.

3. Think very well about your decision. Keeping the baby automatically opens you up to stigmatization (especially in Nigeria) from family and society. However keeping your baby might just be the best decision you can possibly make (ask some single moms). Also keeping the baby greatly reduces your future chances at marriage (#FACT!!), however it also greatly increases the chances of you giving your child a good life and care (a mothers care).

4. Many single mothers do end up atimes blaming their kids for whatever trouble that may befall them as a result of the kid. Becareful about this should you decide to keep the kid. Remember that it was not the kids choice to be born.

In all, you need inner strenght and clearness of mind and thought. The decision is yours to make and not anybody elses.. I cant tell you what to do and neither can anyone else. The shoes are yours to wear and the pain is also going to be yours to bear. However note this;

Adoption or not does not make you a bad person. There are many bad mothers out there already..

Good Luck..

#Okija Juju.. Okalla Mmadu, Okalla Mmuo..
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by dhamiedan(f): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hi nairalander, Am new here bt dis story touched ma hrt so much
I rili support desolaaa wit her comment. I wil lyk to add to her comment that d child wil grow up happy wit her mother and not wit her adopted parents cos she might swear for his/her mother he/she finally knows d truth.
And she can train d child wit happiness and wit d little she can make frm d wrk she gets, its not rili abt too much money.

@OP pls giv birth to ur child n train d child wit al u can get.

There is notin lyk been wit one's real mother.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR UNBORN BABY, I WOULD LOVE TO ADOPT HIM/HER AND GIVER HIM/HER THE BEST FUTURE AND CARE!

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
ocman: IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR UNBORN BABY, I WOULD LOVE TO ADOPT HIM/HER AND GIVER HIM/HER THE BEST FUTURE AND CARE!

Nice offer . . .
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by fdiva(f): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
elkol: 27 weeks! Still 'abortable'
27weeks abortable? You must be a devil incarnate

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Odunnu: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
c++_crazy:
ar u 20 weeks pregnant and planning to give out ur baby also?
That man who wont want me to have his baby isnt born yet.
I havent ever done it with a man who wont stand to his responsibilites.
BTW, i'm a virgin. Ask Coogar if you doubt me.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by sunnshyn(f): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
Well, i just think that the OP is still too scared to think properly and 27weeks is a tad still early...

Please you would have to think this through well enough. By all means go and find out what it takes to give babies up for adoption, but please do not sign contracts and its likes yet..

All you feel now isnt new, I would never advise you give your baby up for adoption to unknown people, im sure that as you progress with the pregnancy, feeling your baby breath and kick would make you have a re-think.

Children are blessings from God. Pray through this times and ask that God guides you and give you direction.

You are not a bad mother,

Stay safe,
sunnshyn
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by dammytosh: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
lovemychild: Am 27 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancialy cos i dont have anything doing yet.

my boyfriend who is the father of my child walk away cos he said he's not ready to be a father yet, that he has his career to pursue.

i actually never wanted to keep this pregnancy, but he convinced me to keep it, but just of a recent, he said he's scared that we should remove it. which i agree with him. we went to the hospital and met a doctor who adviced us to keep it. that i may die in the process.
Talk to The Real Women Foundation using the link below. I will advise you don't give the baby up for adoption. Just try and get help to pull through. Meanwhile, what is your qualification ?

The Real Woman Foundation
7b, Jubilee road,
Magodo Shangisha, Lagos.
Tel: 234-8037178963, 234-1-7611656
E-mail: contactus@therealwoman.org
info@therealwoman.org
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
sunnshyn: Well, i just think that the OP is still too scared to think properly and 27weeks is a tad still early...

Please you would have to think this through well enough. By all means go and find out what it takes to give babies up for adoption, but please do not sign contracts and its likes yet..

All you feel now isnt new, I would never advise you give your baby up for adoption to unknown people, im sure that as you progress with the pregnancy, feeling your baby breath and kick would make you have a re-think.

Children are blessings from God. Pray through this times and ask that God guides you and give you direction.

You are not a bad mother,

Stay safe,
sunnshyn

Very true but not being able to provide for that same child wont help either . . .
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by dammytosh: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
Odunnu:

The guy that will deflower you, impregnate you and do the same is alive. he is very nice and you will never suspect what he is capable of doing.

Just thank your stars that God will not allow you cross his path.

1 Like

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by megareal: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
@ OP, go the way of debrief08. There is nothing as bad as bringing a child into a life of uncertainties and hardship. I see so many women hang unto children they cannot feed, all in the name of 'I cant part with my child'. The children end up suffering for no reason except due to the ignorance and stubbornness of their parents. Also, if you can find a trustworthy family member of the guy's or yours who can watch over the baby till you land on your feet, then think about that approach too.
I wish you the very best and know this; YOU ARE A GOOD MUM. Cos for even thinking about the welfare of your child in the first place and not blaming the unborn innocent for your mistake and the father's wickedness makes you better than most people.
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
They won't take the child and give to anyone.the child stays in an orphange till the mother is ready to take him/ her
This explains why there are so many kids in the orphanage who can't be adoptedn the kids given out are those with no known parents

2 Likes

Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by sunnshyn(f): 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Very true but not being able to provide for that same child wont help either . . .

That she cant provide for the child now doesnt mean she wouldnt be able to provide later on in life? who knows what tomorrow brings? a job? The father of the child returning back to his senses and decides he was wrong and wants his child? Anything is possible!
Re: Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? by coogar: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
Odunnu:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo) / Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.