Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? (15806 Views)

Man Dies In His Lover's Apartment In Delta / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / Right Time To Announce A Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mctemmy(f): 10:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
When Is The Right Time For A Young Man To Rent An Apartment

Good evening sensible nairalanders,please when is the right time/best time for a young man to have his own apartment and leave his parent house,not in the context of marriage but on the context of independence!!!!
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by aadetoyin(f): 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
As soon as he can afford been independent financially and when he is sure he is not getting an apartment for mischievous reasons.

7 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by pleep(m): 2:03am On Mar 27, 2013
I say 20, thats when im doing it! grin

you got to have these 3 things:

1. A car.

2. A job

3. Enough money to pay for insurance, rent and everything else
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: I say 20, thats when im doing it! grin

you got to have these 3 things:

1. A car.

2. A job

3. Enough money to pay for insurance, rent and everything else
you will buy all that with your own money or your parent's money

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by pleep(m): 2:33am On Mar 27, 2013
my money na... i got stacks on stacks on stacks

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: my money na... i got stacks on stacks on stacks
so @ 20 u will rent your own apartment and have your own car, are you also going to get married
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by pleep(m): 2:41am On Mar 27, 2013
My parents bought the car, its not abnormal to get an apartment in college. Ur in college right?
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: My parents bought the car, its not abnormal to get an apartment in college. Ur in college right?
yes
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 27, 2013
@ poster,
The right time is when you know you are ready! Assuming you have a job, just be sure to make a realistic budget so that it will work finanacially.(You might want to get help with this from an experienced person.)Be prepared to be thrifty,and flexable,and it should all work out. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by ITbomb(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2013
Son
If independence is the only thing then forget it until when u grow up.
Whenever a guy start working , he should be out of the parent house unless maybe the first son issue
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by kolamilan(m): 10:25am On Mar 27, 2013
Whenever you feel it is right
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by kolamilan(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2013
when you feel like renting
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Kgdavid(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2013
really it shuld be as soon as one is fully independent... also depends on your family and personal values. pragmatism is also key here, dr is no need moving out just to prove a point or go on an adventure.

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by xynerise: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2013
@op. When your father reminds you of your age.

10 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mctemmy(f): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2013
Mischevious reasonslike??
aadetoyin: As soon as he can afford been independent financially and when he is sure he is not getting an apartment for mischievous reasons.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mctemmy(f): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2013
What if your father is the over protective type?
xynerise: @op. When your father reminds you of your age.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mctemmy(f): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2013
What's with the first son issue pleasequote author=ITbomb]Son
If independence is the only thing then forget it until when u grow up.
Whenever a guy start working , he should be out of the parent house unless maybe the first son issue[/quote]
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by xynerise: 11:52am On Mar 27, 2013
mctemmy: What if your father is the over protective type?
A wise father knows his limit to protecting his son

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by ITbomb(m): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2013
mctemmy: What's with the first son issue please

Especially if the family is living on a owned property at a good location and the father has some good business going on in his name. He would naturally want his first son to be close to him and learn from him just in case of any demise.
If this is what you are running away from, pls reconsider. no matter what old boy is doing to you, it is in your best interest.
Remember as the first it is not 'Its my life, I can live it the way i want' NO!!!. You are representing a legacy and family name.
That is the advantage, second son like us have, we are free to pursue our different aspirations

4 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by luckgood(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
AS THE LORD LEAD
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by nice247(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Whenever they stop eatin MAMA tank maa.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by felifeli: 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
mctemmy: When Is The Right Time For A Young Man To Rent An Apartment

Good evening sensible nairalanders,please when is the right time/best time for a young man to have his own apartment and leave his parent house,not in the context of marriage but on the context of independence!!!!

When your parents chase you out or when they start complaining about your wife/fiancee - whichever comes first.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by greall1: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Atleast when he about to finish his education or have something that is generate money.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by not2long(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
When you start having wet dreams

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by thelegend1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
aadetoyin: As soon as he can afford been independent financially and when he is sure he is not getting an apartment for mischievous reasons.

Well said! Financial independence can be in the form of paid employment or business enterprise. However moving out will bring maturity you never imagined your way.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by beordune(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
When one is financially ok, and "mature" enough to stay alone..

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by chucky234(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
There is no age attached to getting an apartment,you have to be financially ready and that can happen at any age.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Phonon: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
...and one lady would be waiting to move in once you get the apartment.

4 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by scribble: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: My parents bought the car, its not abnormal to get an apartment in college. Ur in college right?

u obviously live in the States, and ur parents or the government pays for ur college. Things are quite different in Nigeria.

I put myself through the last year of 'private' college in Nigeria cos my single mom knew id started making money.
bought a car and an apartment afterwards based on running around for contracts etc, not a 9 to 5.

a 9 to 5 can help u achieve rent etc in America, a lot of times in Nigeria it can't.

So act like u know buddy. Some Nigerian guys are freeloaders anyway and would prefer living with their parents so they dont have to pay for anything and can then buy an expensive car and screw all the girls in Unilag, Ife and OSU. but its a matter of choice.

Nigeria is not like the USA!

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by fuckluv(f): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
This sounds similar to my bro's case. Even as he has built his house, my parents wouldn't let him go there to live on his own telling him to wait till he get married. Their fears is that he may starts changing girls like clothing and wouldn't think of settling down soon enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#willyoudie Tag And Question / Can't Approach A Lady, CONJI Is Killing Me, Please I Need Help! / How To Quit A Relationship With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.