Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? (15940 Views)

Man Dies In His Lover's Apartment In Delta / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / Right Time To Announce A Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Toble: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
The right time will tell even if you don't have what is needed as a man to be independent..In this our naija when you are just graduating at the age of 27 looking for job
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Goldie20: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Been living by myself since I was 15 lol, it got it advantages and disadvantages sha , overall it was a good experience wink
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Toble: 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
The right time wil tell even if the man does not have what it takes to be independent....an instant where you a guy finish school at age of 28, look for work and did not. The environment will tell even if he does not have the cash
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by dbilz(m): 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wat if u happen to stay wth an uncle and u av a designated gatehouse for ur self and u happen not to like wats going on around u. Wld u still hang on or try to set urself free. As in independent
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by pleep(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
scribble:

u obviously live in the States, and ur parents or the government pays for ur college. Things are quite different in Nigeria.

I put myself through the last year of 'private' college in Nigeria cos my single mom knew id started making money.
bought a car and an apartment afterwards based on running around for contracts etc, not a 9 to 5.

a 9 to 5 can help u achieve rent etc in America, a lot of times in Nigeria it can't.

So act like u know buddy. Some Nigerian guys are freeloaders anyway and would prefer living with their parents so they dont have to pay for anything and can then buy an expensive car and screw all the girls in Unilag, Ife and OSU. but its a matter of choice.

Nigeria is not like the USA!
How am i supposed to know where the OP lives. how do you know sef?

And neither the government nor parents pay for most American college tuition, most of the gov help is loans. And trust me most American students pay more in school fees than the average Nigerian makes in their life-time.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by cigaricon(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=ITbomb][/quote]
and so because you are the first son you should forget about your dreams, goals and ambitions
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by baslone: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
House? Car? Job? Insurance? - I disagree.

Go out there and hustle a life for yourself. For a man do not return to stay permanently with your folks after youth service.

Rent an apartment if you can or find somewhere to Manage. Initially it's hard but the motto should be - survival.

With time every other thing will fall into place

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
As soon as he can afford a laptop and a modem.. He should gain his independence ASAP. WIRE WIRE dey go, Dating scam and many more

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by cigaricon(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
Started living on my own at age 16 to be sincere and am not even up to 22 right now. It all depends on your maturity of the mind and how you relate with people.
And also, you must have a source of income
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Reelsteel: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
it all depends..
Personally i moved out of my fathers house immediately i got admission into the university,We had no hostels so i lived like a bachelor and i traveled home only 5times throughout my 5yrs course of study.
They paid my school fees up till 3rd yr,though I started doing part time jobs from 2nd yr. They started getting worried when i stopped asking for money from home,so i had to explain my means of survival to them.
Some people learn independence at an early age( i probably did because i stayed in boarding school for 6yrs from age 10), while some enjoy dependence,i have seen people work for yrs, have financial independence but still choose to live with there parents.
For majority financial independence would determine when they move, so going by the situation of the country and counting from the average age of graduation+nysc+time at home+time to save up enough to pay for rent that is 23+1+2+2= 28yrs.
That is my drunken opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Sike(m): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
The moment he feels can't do without his Privacy.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by yuzedo: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
As soon as you want to start nyashing babes.. undecided
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by gentlefada(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
i think the right time is when you are out of the university and you have a job that can cater for your needs.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by fittty(m): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
The right time is when u need it and max is when u want to get married!!
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Airforce1(m): 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Moved outta my parents house at 23 paying bills , women things, ciggar clubbing and assisting people who somehow aint privilleged like me.... I'm 24 now and still repping till I die.

I no be yahoo boy o

But baba God is soooo involved.

One Luv
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by kollytin(m): 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wait let ♍ε̲̣̣ ask ♍Ɣ oga at †ђξ top?

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by ITbomb(m): 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
cigar icon:
and so because you are the first son you should forget about your dreams, goals and ambitions
Nah , rather you should tailor your dreams, goals and ambitions along family lines otherwise you will be termed a rebel
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by cigaricon(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb:
Nah , rather you should tailor your dreams, goals and ambitions along family lines otherwise you will be termed a rebel
pls sir can you explain what you mean by tailoring one's ambition along family lines. Thanks
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by livebullet(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: I say 20, thats when im doing it! grin

you got to have these 3 things:

1. A car.

2. A job

3. Enough money to pay for insurance, rent and everything else

Mr man we are not talking of cash derivable from advanced free fraud...the right time is not an explicit funtion of age...The right time is when you are capable....but its good to know that no 1 has the luxury of time.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Summersland(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Anytime,but money's koko oooo
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hello folks!...dis is actually my problem. I stay wit my folks but wana move out soon cos I hav a lucrative job. But d problem is dat am d only. Son...and my parents wud feel bad wen I leave. I rilly need privacy cos I'm in a seruz relationship and to get accomodation at the hub of lagos...dey stay in a big mansion in d surburb n d area is soo dry. Loool
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mctemmy(f): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin ;DFront page things *azonto* speechless

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Cosmopolice: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb: Son
If independence is the only thing then forget it until when u grow up.
Whenever a guy start working , he should be out of the parent house unless maybe the first son issue

Please elaborate, wat do u mean by the first son issue
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by kacci(m): 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
wen 1 is financed high objective n ready 4 gals
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Clemzy16(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
luckgood: AS THE LORD LEADS
AS THE SPIRIT LEADS
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by dom(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb: Son
If independence is the only thing then forget it until when u grow up.
Whenever a guy start working , he should be out of the parent house unless maybe the first son issue

please can you throw more light on the 'firstborn issue'. Thanks.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by vision2050: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
so far you can pay your bills.....
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by tonididdy(m): 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
fuckluv: This sounds similar to my bro's case. Even as he has built his house, my parents wouldn't let him go there to live on his own telling him to wait till he get married. Their fears is that he may starts changing girls like clothing and wouldn't think of settling down soon enough.
thank you brother.,everyone is just talking about MONEY, cant one move in with a friend,or maybe a second parents house.
WHAT I THINK THE OP IS SAYING HERE IS.AT WHAT TIME DO YOU KNOW ITS TIME TO LEAVE YOUR PARENTS HOUSE:money or no money
For me it has to be once i gradge and do my service.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by ITbomb(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
dom:
please can you throw more light on the 'firstborn issue'. Thanks.

Cosmopolice:

Please elaborate, wat do u mean by the first son issue

DOne that already

ITbomb:

Especially if the family is living on a owned property at a good location and the father has some good business going on in his name. He would naturally want his first son to be close to him and learn from him just in case of any demise.
If this is what you are running away from, pls reconsider. no matter what old boy is doing to you, it is in your best interest.
Remember as the first it is not 'Its my life, I can live it the way i want' NO!!!. You are representing a legacy and family name.
That is the advantage, second son like us have, we are free to pursue our different aspirations
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by jhydebaba(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
As soon as u notice grey hair on ur beards.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Melahou(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
when you start phunkin babes and arrangin corner
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
when your finances can sustain you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Love-letter Experience. / My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals / Come One, Come All! Nairaland's Broken Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.