Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? (15804 Views)

Man Dies In His Lover's Apartment In Delta / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / Right Time To Announce A Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by nbright: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb:

Especially if the family is living on a owned property at a good location and the father has some good business going on in his name. He would naturally want his first son to be close to him and learn from him just in case of any demise.
If this is what you are running away from, pls reconsider. no matter what old boy is doing to you, it is in your best interest.
Remember as the first it is not 'Its my life, I can live it the way i want' NO!!!. You are representing a legacy and family name.
That is the advantage, second son like us have, we are free to pursue our different aspirations
You spoke the truth, but sometimes things like this is kinda painful to do..
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Orikinla(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
When he is financially secure and emotionally mature to be independent.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by b03liberty(m): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
as for me, left my parent home wen finishd my secondary sku.18. But most cases i wish am stil wit them everitime i saw my neighbour and his son of my age dialoguing. Thoug i can never stay wit them again..UG final yr. They ar expctin me to come and stay wit them after skul bt never.!
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by honeric01(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
When you are capable of impregnating a woman.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by causewahala: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
Orikinla: When he is financially secure and emotionally mature to be independent.

On point!

In my own case. . . na war oooh! An uncle had to intervene b4 they (parents) released me oooh! I bought my first ride while I was still staying with my parents. They kept saying I'll do bla bla bla. . . if I'm allowed to rent my own apartment. My tertiary days in school didn't help either. angry
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by livethinme: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
honeric01: When you are capable of impregnating a woman.

like 13?
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Telthetruth(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
pleep: I say 20, thats when im doing it! grin

you got to have these 3 things:

1. A car.

2. A job

3. Enough money to pay for insurance, rent and everything else

if at 20 you are able to acquire all this here in Naija then consider your self a THIEF?
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mctemmy(f): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin grin
Telthetruth:

if at 20 you are able to acquire all this here in Naija then consider your self a THIEF?
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by honeric01(m): 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
livethinme:

like 13?

lol, yes. but 18 which is the official age to vote and be voted for.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by tspun(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
men no time to move out o. First of all /go down low/ like seriously u have to check ur financial capability. I move out wen i was 19 yrs old cus i started makin real money at d age of 18. Not as a studnt i gain admission wen i was 22 u no narmal jamb problem.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by ogaju007(m): 7:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
It depends though

UK == 18
US == 22
Naija === 40 grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by adexsimply(m): 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
ogaju007: It depends though

UK == 18
US == 22
Naija === 40 grin grin grin grin
lagos====45
ibadan=====50
ogbomosho & the rest======55
msssshw

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by ogaju007(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
adexsimply:
lagos====45
ibadan=====50
ogbomosho & the rest======55
msssshw

ogbomosho & the rest====== Unknown grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by adexsimply(m): 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
ogaju007:

ogbomosho & the rest====== Unknown grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
xynerise: @op. When your father reminds you of your age.
This is funny.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by lightheart(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb:

Especially if the family is living on a owned property at a good location and the father has some good business going on in his name. He would naturally want his first son to be close to him and learn from him

Naturally, yes. Technologically, can't they skype or something? Na farm work??

If this is what you are running away from, pls reconsider. no matter what old boy is doing to you, it is in your best interest.

I'm tempted to think this has led to most first sons being mumus *sorry for being blunt*

my2naira
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Well only in the European countries, North America maybe Asia, where u can rent an apartment at the age of 18 and above, the economy is favorable, just working at a fast food restaurant, u can afford it. That's why most of them marry early. In Naija is going to be hard u have to put up with ur parents till u are 35 or so or until u get a job(good one). If not u will have to live in like self contain with plenty people. Plus living with ur parents u will receive insults everyday.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by cigaricon(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
lightheart:

Naturally, yes. Technologically, can't they skype or something? Na farm work??

I'm tempted to think this has led to most first sons being mumus *sorry for being blunt*

my2naira
exactly my thought. Every thing old man does to you is for your own good, even if he tells you to forgoe your education and come sell with him at the shop so that the road will be cleared for your younger ones? Haba, make una pity first sons na they too have dreams and aspirations.
Every father has a duty to train every of his child. The old man has acheived his own goal in life so let his offspring acheive theirs abeg.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Lifted1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
lmfao
xynerise: @op. When your father reminds you of your age.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Ibime(m): 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
mctemmy: When Is The Right Time For A Young Man To Rent An Apartment

Good evening sensible nairalanders,please when is the right time/best time for a young man to have his own apartment and leave his parent house,not in the context of marriage but on the context of independence!!!!

Stay with your parents as long as you can so far as you are saving your money.

A lot of guys have been "independent" for a long time with nothing to show for it, because after settling bills and making a few runs they don't save nada.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by saveyou: 12:18am On Mar 28, 2013
I think a man should move out of his parent's house as soon as he gets a job and he's finacially independent. That is what makes him responsible. A man shouldn't wait till he's about to get married befor getting an apartment for himself.And as for doz saying dat d father might want want d first child to remain in d house for certain reasons, I think its wrong for any father to tie his son down simply bcoz he wants him to look after d house after his demise.I know of a 39 yrs old man who still lives wit his parents coz his dad insisted he stayed. Dat affected his relationship wit his fiancee and dey eventually broke up coz d lady said she cudn't cope wit dat arrangement and d guy also refused to move out.he wanted to marry her into d family house but dat didn't go down well wit her. My point is dis..a man learn to live on his own and be independent, dats d only way he can be responsible.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by albacete(m): 3:36am On Mar 28, 2013
ikp4succes: Well only in the European countries, North America maybe Asia, where u can rent an apartment at the age of 18 and above, the economy is favorable, just working at a fast food restaurant, u can afford it. That's why most of them marry early. In Naija is going to be hard u have to put up with ur parents till u are 35 or so or until u get a job(good one). If not u will have to live in like self contain with plenty people. Plus living with ur parents u will receive insults everyday.

@ d bolded: u nailed it. Sometimes u just feel like going to live under d bridge because of d insults.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Petraman(m): 7:22am On Mar 28, 2013
As for me o o o, i'll prefer to leave my father's house as soon as i finished my service year, cos i'll av raised some moni to acquire my own apartment and i believed God dat i'll be employed immediately i finished my service year

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by drnoel: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2013
pleep: I say 20, thats when im doing it! grin

you got to have these 3 things:

1. A car.

2. A job

3. Enough money to pay for insurance, rent and everything else
U are most likely not in Nigeria
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by drnoel: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2013
felifeli:

When your parents chase you out or when they start complaining about your wife/fiancee - whichever comes first.
I agree completely....cos that was when I left.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by drnoel: 7:34am On Mar 28, 2013
fuckluv: This sounds similar to my bro's case. Even as he has built his house, my parents wouldn't let him go there to live on his own telling him to wait till he get married. Their fears is that he may starts changing girls like clothing and wouldn't think of settling down soon enough.
He is lucky his parents thought so, my cuzin's mum took all her property and moved into his house after it was complete and was ordering everyone arnd to the extend we started running away from visiting him cos his mum was like bad market. Also trying to know where we were going, with whom we where partying with or which lady was hanging out with us. Anyway all those things stopped after we all wedded.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by sunnyt1(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2013
The right time to rent an apartment is when you are mentally ready, it has nothing to do with age.

Iv seen men in their early 30s, financially comfortable, bt stil live with parents, and iv also seen young men in their early 20s, financially dependent, bt did everytin possible to leave their parents, infact, i hv friends who left their parents around 18, dey jst felt it ws absurd 2 stay wit parents at dat age. So its mental
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by sunboy(m): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2013
Independence? I av had dat since my secondary days, but yet I don't believe it was necessary to leave her apt then, maturity supercede independence in dis case study + money factor!

... Been staying alone since I got admitted to the university, my single mom always trust my judgments as a guy and despite I'm the only person staying with her. By GODs grace, I intent saving up to rent an apt immediately after my nysc or probably move to a friend's place. Tho I'm in my final year now.
Never should a man return to his parent after his nysc max! Except for some exceptional reasons, I believe evrything would fall into place with time. U still check on the steadily but outta their place.

#my take.
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by mightyhumphrey(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2013
the legend:

Well said! Financial independence can be in the form of paid employment or business enterprise. However moving out will bring maturity you never imagined your way.
Gud mrn pals my own contributions is dat as from 18, when you start getting your own income every month you can rent your own apartment. To be honest I got my apartment @19. Because I started working @19 so when you have somethoing doing please rent your apartment it will help you to be more matured in life. Finally, age does not matter when ever you are ready for that you do it, because maturity is not of age bewise. To be a MAN is not a day job. Thanks I love nairaland froum
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by frankells(m): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
this is exactly wot has been running tru my mind eva since i hrd an near violence altercation wit my dad dis morning, d old man actually said i should liv his house
Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Kingso23: 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
reading dz post remind me of myself, nw am 25 nd d 1st born living all alone by myself bt i left my family's house when i ws 20 nt becaus i ws ready bt the talk and insults pouring out of my parents mouths is just unbearable mst especially 4rom my dad, honestly speakin i prefer being spank 20-times over dn d insults constantly pouring out of my parents, so one day while my mum ws @ it i jst walked out of her presence into d street i only hve #12000 2 my name bt @ dt moment of anger i have decided i ws nt going 2 spnd even 1 mre day wt dm even if it means passing d night under peoples varandas or school class rooms so that ws how i left my family,s house and become a man of my owp up tll date ...........

1 Like

Re: The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment? by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2013
The right time to me is when you know deep down you are mentally and financially prepared. One indication is when you no longer depend on your parents for your basic needs but instead give to them and your siblings.

As the first son, I left mine when i was 18. When i started a small company (while still continuing my college education). I felt i needed space to start planning my life, i needed space to grow and become a man, because my parent where so protective and caring ( a trait i love about them but in the long run might not be good for me). Plus my parent's place was a little bit far from where my company was situated.

In my opinion, Best times to leave the house

#After High school (18) if you got the cash and attained mental & emotional maturity
#After college (22)
#When you get a good job. (25)
#When you are thinking of getting married (27/30)

In summary the best time is when you know you are ready and can afford it.

#Matthew briggs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!! He Releases Or Lose Erection When His Pennis Touched His Gf Vagina / Beautiful Mbaise: Some Popular Beautiful Ladies From Beautiful Mbaise / Ladies: Can You MARRY A Guy That Smokes(marijuana)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.