Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG (5398 Views)

Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December / Four Rail Lines’ll Be Completed This Year –FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by karlmax2: 9:09am On Mar 27, 2013
BY SIMON EBEGBULEM

BENIN—THE Federal Government, yesterday, said that the on-going National Integrated Power Project, NIPP, being executed in Ihovbor, Edo State, with a view to boosting power supply in the Niger Delta region, will be completed in April this year.

Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Niger Delta Power Holding Company of Nigeria, owners of the NIPP, Mr. James Olotu, in Benin City, during the commissioning of the 2×15 MVA 33/11 KV injection sub-station constructed by the NIPP in Ugbowo, Benin City, said when completed, each of the units of the power plant will generate and transit 125 mega watts into the national grid.

He said: “The power plant is about 98 per cent completed. Hopefully by April, the first unit of the power plant will come on stream to give us about 125 mega watts. The power plant has four units, it is our hope that in the next one month, one unit will come into the system from April. So by June-July, all the units should have been ready.”

On the newly commissioned injection sub-station, which will boost power supply in Ugbowo and Oloku areas of Benin City, Olotu said; “If the sub-station is well maintained, it can last for 30 years or more. The Federal Government is determined to improve power supply in the country and that is why there are so many intervention programmes currently on going. We also have lines that are coming from the sub-stations and distributing power to localities around here.”

Also speaking, Managing Director, Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Engr. Effiong Umoren, said the commissioning of the project will go a long way to bring relief to electricity consumers in many communities in Benin City.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/edo-power-plant-project-to-be-completed-april-fg/

4 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Valto(m): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2013
THUMBS UP GEJ...U will surely shame ur critics by 2015 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by dirifred(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2013
Haters pls come and hate, since u cannot LIKE, just HATE GEJ it does not stop the work.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by taharqa: 10:04am On Mar 27, 2013
Yet ANOTHER one hits the FINISH mark. This is more like it....... The Ihovbor Plant shldn't hv much problem with Gas cos of d nearby newly resuscitated Oredo Gas field

1 Like

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ok
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Gooogle(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
O boy, see hustle.There is a finish line actually which is when light will not blink,its not about the device.
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Rossikk(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
In all my years as an adult I've never seen the federal govt this active in all sorts of projects. Very refreshing.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by obicentlis: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am no GEJ bootlicker or hater........ Am gonna believe all these commissioning here and there as true wen I see a change in the power supply in my house cos I have be deceived severally by these politicians, so, I must see bf I go believe.

1 Like

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by LagosStar: 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
how about telling us about this project when completed and already integrated into the system?

Tired of all these "will soon be ready" and "will soon be commissioned" announcements.

1 Like

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by manny4life(m): 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
All of you are LIARS, which power plants? You mean the ones that were commissioned and built by OBJ, and the clueless fisherman wants to take credit? This is not GEJ but OBJ, let the shoeless reterdeen wake up and start his own works...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dey laff o... God bless Nigeria, God bless the clueless fisherman grin grin
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Itulah(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
We done hear
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
This GEJ sef eh, you just keep wounding your critics with tangible acheivements.

On the side of it, South Africans are busy praying for Nigeria to disintegrate so our economy will not surpass theirs.

Haha...they think because I slap Yoruba and aboki people here then somehow I would allow them go? They have failed o.

ONE NIGERIA. THE GIANT

3 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Irritant: 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
So!.....what nau happen? cool cool cool .
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by POLICECAP: 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tusky44: This GEJ sef eh, you just keep wounding your critics with tangible acheivements.

On the side of it, South Africans are busy praying for Nigeria to disintegrate so our economy will not surpass theirs.

Haha...they think because I slap Yoruba and aboki people here then somehow I would allow them go? They have failed o.

ONE NIGERIA. THE GIANT

Another drunkard undecided undecided
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by RedLight1: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tusky44: This GEJ sef eh, you just keep wounding your critics with tangible acheivements.

ONE NIGERIA. THE GIANT
na so now the togetherness fit scare anybody nah grin...

2 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=15pt]FRESH AIR!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by POLICECAP: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
I used to believe in this man, but not any more...
He is too loyal to so many godfathers

I wonder which of his colleagues generator importation business he'll hamper just for constant power supply undecided

And besides, since he came into office, which of his projects has been completed? undecided sad
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by igbeke: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
do not tell me ur effort, let d result do d talking
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by aminho(m): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
a fisher man is working what if it was an engineer
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by igbeke: 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2013

ONE NIGERIA. THE GIANT
u reason tru ur 'yarsh'
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
igbeke:
u reason tru ur 'yarsh'

Well that makes me a pioneer and award candidate for discovering how to reason through my glorious behind.

Thank you and God bless you smiley

5 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by taharqa: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
POLICE CAP: I used to believe in this man, but not any more...

I wonder which of his colleagues generator importation business he'll hamper just for constant power supply undecided

And besides, since he came into office, which of his projects has been completed? undecided sad
Your IGNORANCE guy is OUTSTANDING, @ the emboldened..... IDEOLOGY/STRONG BELIEF can REALLY play the craziest tricks on d Mind of an ordinarily Sane Homo Sapiens Sapiens

2 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by Mogidi: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
This one go pain GEJ haters dieeeeeeeeeeeee

5 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by bigfat07: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
LAGOS POWER PLANT TO BE COMPLETED IN MARCH 2074 --> [size=15pt]SOURCE - RUMOR.COM[/size]
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by sanandreas(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
One step ahead
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by theripper2: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nairaland don gradually become collison course between GEJ supporters (PDP) vs ACN supporters. One of una go tire last last o.
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by DeCleff(m): 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
bigfat07: LAGOS POWER PLANT TO BE COMPLETED IN MARCH 2074 --> [size=15pt]SOURCE - RUMOR.COM[/size]
Eeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaa u no wish lagos well @ all.
2074 no be here oooo
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by manny4life(m): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
POLICE CAP: I used to believe in this man, but not any more...

Quit reasoning through your behind, like what load of rubbish is this?

From transportation - Dude rehabilitated the rail system (though not perfect), but heck, 3/4 is better than none. On that same topic, he has rehabilitated few of our airports (Safety ncluded). Majority of our roads are looking tarred and neat, "the roads are improving" (courtesy of a ABC Group as well as other travelers).

Power - Visit YouTube to see videos of actual plants coming online - Private and Public investments. This man is working hard on the Power Road map strategy. PHCN was delivered a painful death that TCN has taken over, meanwhile GENCO's are coming out with newer plants, while DISCO's are improving their networks.

The list of projects COMPLETED projects continues, so QUIT HATING

2 Likes

Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by MoAfrica: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
[ South Africans are busy praying for Nigeria to disintegrate so our economy will not surpass theirs.

ONE NIGERIA. THE GIANT[/quote]

South Africans are busy with BRICS conference, not rejoicing for construction of power-station.

http://www.iol.co.za/business/business-news/hopes-high-for-brics-summit-spinoffs-1.1492370
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by mrvictor: 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Griffint: Power generation is going to be the selling point of GEJ come 2015. We can't take it away from him.

Sure! they doing a great job in the power sector. On completion, electricity go catch fire, surplus electricity.

However, naija na screensaver...the more you look, the less you see...
Re: Edo Power Plant Project To Be Completed April – FG by manny4life(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
MoAfrica: [ South Africans are busy praying for Nigeria to disintegrate so our economy will not surpass theirs.

ONE NIGERIA. THE GIANT

South Africans are busy with BRICS conference, not rejoicing for construction of power-station.

http://www.iol.co.za/business/business-news/hopes-high-for-brics-summit-spinoffs-1.1492370

Lol, BRICS conference on WHAT exactly?

Discuss your economy that's experiencing slower growth? It's cool bro, Nigeria is rising, and it being a MINT nation, comparing to SA is an insult, however comparing to other nations like Brazil with same size, that's should be the goal. Nigeria should be striving to be among Brazil and China and NOT SA..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad! Pastor Commits Suicide After Hackers Exposed Him On Adultery Website.Pics.. / For Two Years The Pigeons have refused To Fly(pictures) / See The EVIL Someone Posted About President Buhari(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.