Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (19032 Views)

Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by kmariko: 3:06am On Oct 22, 2014
By Favour Nnabugwu

Federal Government has said that the construction of Abuja (Idu)-Kaduna Standard guage rail line is 85 percent complete and would be delivered by December this year.

The Minister of Transport, Senator Idiris Umar, said this in Abuja at the 2014 Ministerial Press briefing on the programmes and projects of the ministry and its agencies. He said the ministry has been working in the past two years to provide the nation alternative transport system with the railway.

He said that out of the projected 187.5km rail line, the ministry has achieved 155 km, adding that the remaining 32 km would be completed and delivered by the end of this year.

He said that the Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail project was funded with the $500 million facilities from the China Exim Bank.

Also, he said that the construction and the rehabilitation of Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage rail line would be completed by the second quarter of 2015, adding that the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan standard guage (double track) 2 x 180km had been awarded and would commence as soon as funding arrangement is concluded. He said the ministry has also awarded rehabilitation contracts to the tune of N1.616 trillion covering 1,796 km rail lines.

“These include the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan 180km standard guage valued at $1.53 billion, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd; the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage line covering 274km, awarded to Julius Berger at a cost of N33.1 billion; the Lagos-Kano modernisation rail project, awarded to CCECC Nig. Ltd. at a cost of $8.3 billion covering 1,342.50km, out of which $257.4 million has been paid by the federal government.

Through the Nigerian Railway Corporation, NRC and with the administration’s determination to revive and modernise the railway system in line with the 25-year strategic vision to bring back the railways to remove the pressure on roads, the rail lines are getting renewed attention, which was unprecedented since the 1980s.”

Giving further update on ministry’s achievements, Senator Umar said the main target was to connect the six geopolitical zones via speed rails so as to make transportation of persons and goods easier and less stressful.”

He said the number of passengers’ conveyed by rail line increased from 4,155,988 in 2012 to 4,328,789 in 2013 with a projection of over 5,000,000 passengers by the end of 2014.

“This was as a result of increased stabilisation of the tracks after completion of rehabilitation of the Western line.

“The target set for delivery of freight and passenger services in 2013 were substantially achieved. More coaches and wagons are required to meet the high demands for the service”, the minister said

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/

5 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Extom(m): 3:16am On Oct 22, 2014
I never enter train for my life before, so with every day that draws the completion of this project nearer, comes my secret admiration to finally mount a train. Even though I nor get where I dey enter am go for now grin cheesy
So I'm very happy to hear this.

MODIFIED!!!
Today, I'm gonna pretend as if I don't know that I am the first to comment. wink
I am going to act like it's not something I secretly wish for, every time I enter NEW, see a potential FP material and be the first to comment. grin
I am going to pretend as if I actually stayed awake till 3am to be FTC, ignoring the fact that FIFA15 is just too addictive to allow a brother to sleep. *I go suffer am for office today sha* cry
And finally, I'm going to pretend as if there's nobody seeing this, and wishing this was them tongue.
I rest my case for now. cheesy cheesy cheesy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Mynd44: 5:25am On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by SlimSkipper(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2014
promises! dats d only tin we have in abundance in dis country grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by gbodimowo(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2014
Vooodooo
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 22, 2014
WILL BE

Story that touches the heart.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Truckpusher(m): 5:29am On Oct 22, 2014
PDP is working while some parties are winning an E-poll election result grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by eleojo23: 5:29am On Oct 22, 2014
It may be completed as stated looking at the massive work going on there. We must give kudos to the government on this one.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by sammieguze(m): 5:30am On Oct 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
PDP is working while some parties are winning an E-poll election result grin

Maybe. Maybe not. The beauty of it is that good things happened when the end to their tenure is approaching.

Hopefully, another party will win the seat of the presidency this time.

Btw.... Pdp since 1999...... Ain't you ever tired of having the same party for the past fifteen years?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Gorgeous58(f): 5:30am On Oct 22, 2014
Na today? Elections propaganda continues

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by PassingShot(m): 5:31am On Oct 22, 2014
It's still the usual "will be".

give me a call when it's done and I will give my kudos then.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by pelvicky(m): 5:31am On Oct 22, 2014
Pls Continue Mr president..we are behind you...no vacancy in Aso rock.

One good term deserve another!

Get till 2019

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by dridowu: 5:33am On Oct 22, 2014
december is a matter of daz, let wait and ccccccccccccccc

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Nlmadfreak: 5:34am On Oct 22, 2014
Our government is really making lots of promises thesedays ooo

Wtf! Blogger Pays Naija Girl Busola 5,000 Naira to Expose herself on Camera. See video!

4 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by iterator25: 5:34am On Oct 22, 2014
if they're not intent on buying bullet trains for these rail lines, then its all BS!

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Sopino: 5:35am On Oct 22, 2014
GEJ keep up the good work and my online president keep winning online. Wow fp things?

6 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by klem93(m): 5:35am On Oct 22, 2014
Oluwa ose oooo... www..com
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by englishmart(m): 5:36am On Oct 22, 2014
Just wondering what abacha, ibb, abduslami, Obasanjo and our past thieves did with all the monies they stole.

The air has been fresh with goodluck.

May the fresh air continue biko.
Onwere Onye ezigbo ihe n'aso nso? [who no like better thing]

Now you don't quote me disparagingly. If not person go ban two of us today.

31 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by olayincar(m): 5:36am On Oct 22, 2014
Dat is good
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by solomonottawa: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2014
story for the gods, wat happens to the mega watts we celebrated some months ago??, PHCN company is a mess in Abuja now. One step forward ten steps backward..

8 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Complexalfa(m): 5:37am On Oct 22, 2014
Good,

They keep telling us how clueless gej
is but they forgot to tell us how rapid
nigeria has developed over the yrs
with him in power.
These shiit,forgot to tell us about the
over 130 special schools built
specially for those abandoned kids in
d north which they tagged "almajiris".
They all forget that,i as a person never
saw a train in motion until GEJ made it
possible.

They forgot to tell us that gej has built
over 9 new federal universities in
nigeria with about 6 of them bin in d
north.
They forgot telling us that agriculture
was looked down upon and people
tend to view it as a job for the poor
untill gej turns in to a gold mine.

These guys also forgot to tell us that
my state,akwa ibom was once
unheard of untill gej and Godswill
akpabio came on board.
Nobody heard of jigawa,enugu and
akwa ibom when development was
bin discussed untill sule
lamido,Godswill akpabio and sulivan
chime came into power.

God bless u GEJ
GOD bless me Complexalfa
God bless u all sincere advocate for
good governance in nigeria.
May God continue to fight for ur battle
while the devil keep disgracing
themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Funniez: 5:38am On Oct 22, 2014
Whoever says Goodluck is not working should have his head examined to ensure he is'nt a yaba left patient.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by sammyyoung2(m): 5:38am On Oct 22, 2014
So many promises, pending promises, more promises to come even as they seek re-elections

Mr. Promise and Fail.....OUT

Mr. Buhari.......IN

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Funniez: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2014
GEJ the best President in the history of Naija. Makes me wonder wat d likes of Obasanjo were doing during. eight yrs of power

10 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by LarryBeryl(m): 5:39am On Oct 22, 2014
So to say those hungry lions are working?......... I fucking hate em all!!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2014
I didn't see the programme. Can anyone help with YouTube link?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by politricks: 5:41am On Oct 22, 2014
Happy birthday to me dear nairalanders.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by englishmart(m): 5:43am On Oct 22, 2014
politricks:
for future use ko?

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Kingsimmer(m): 5:43am On Oct 22, 2014
hmm...y sud we believe dis... ? :-/
Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by edgyslim: 5:44am On Oct 22, 2014
sammieguze:

Maybe. Maybe not. The beauty of it is that good things happened when the end to their tenor is approaching.

Hopefully, another party will win the seat of the presidency this time.

Btw.... Pdp since 1999...... Ain't you ever tired of having the same party for the past fifteen years?

Bros very well said.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December by Descartes: 5:45am On Oct 22, 2014
k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of Oshiomhole, Iara And I Go Dye At Victory Party For Obaseki In Benin / Kashamu’s Supporters Dare PDP, Organise Rally For Aspirants / Feminist Coalition Accused Of Withdrawing $51,000 From #EndSARS Donations Wallet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.