Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

Eating Meat On Good Friday! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eating Meat On Good Friday! (12043 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating Meat On Good Friday! by chuqudy(m): 10:51am On Mar 29, 2013
vivacious vivi: When I was Catholic, I used to heed to this. It was a sacrifice and when you think of what Christ suffered on the cross for us...guess it was a small price to pay. But I have since left the Catholic church and no longer follow this tradition but I respect others who still do nonetheless.

I advice you to go back to Catholicism and be a born again Catholic not a hypocritical Catholic. The chance of a non Catholic going to heaven is very slim. Majority of born again non Catholics would go to heaven through Purgatory. My email is chukonet@ymail.com for the proof of this claim.
Re: Eating Meat On Good Friday! by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 29, 2013
GO AND GOGGLE WHAT THE MEANING OF CHRISTIANITY IS ALL ABOUT FIRST THEN U WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT U ARE SAYING AND WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM U AS A CHRISTIAN.

Y DON'T U CELEBRATE THE DAY THE ISRAELITE WERE DELIVERED FROM EGYPT WHICH WAS A PRACTICE THEN?
Y DON'T U MAKE ANIMAL SACRIFICES NOW WHICH WAS ALSO D CUSTOM THEN?
ARE THEY NOT ALL LAWS FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT TOO?

MR MAN, CHRIST SACRIFICIAL DEATH STOPPED SO MANY PRACTICES AND ALL WE DO NOW ARE ONLY THE THINGS HE DID AND THE ONES HE INSTRUCTED US TO DO.
CHRIST ALSO QUOTED FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT AND ALSO OBSERVED CERTAIN LAWS THEN THAT WERE RELEVANT AND ALSO ENDED THOSE WHICH WERE NO LONGER NEEDED AS A RESULT OF HIS SACRIFICIAL DEATH.

THE SABBATH ISSUE U MENTIONED WAS A MOSAIC LAW GIVEN TO THE ISRAELITE OF THEN AND JESUS COMING ALTERED SOME OF THOSE PRACTICES, HOPE U REMEMBERED HE DID WORKED ON THE SAME SABBATH DAY WHICH WAS ALSO RELEGATION OF THE OLD NORM BUT THE JEWS STILL PRACTICE THAT TILL DATE AND WE ARE NOT JEWS BUT CHRISTIANS- FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST.

I WORSHIP GOD EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE AND I ALSO GO TO MY PLACE OF WORSHIP MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK AND NOT ONLY ON SUNDAYS AND SO MANY PEOPLE DO AS WELL MEANING THAT GOD SHOULD BE WORSHIPED EVERYDAY AND THE ISSUE OF EATING MEAT ON A GOOD FRIDAY IS NOT A BIBLE TEACHING MR MAN AND UR LOGIC/COMPARISON DOES NOT FIT IN TO THE SUBJECT MATTER.

THE BIBLE GAVE AN ACCOUNT OF ALL THAT TRANSPIRED BEFORE CHRIST DEATH AND EVEN WHEN HE CELEBRATED HIS PASSOVER WITH HIS DISCIPLES, HE NEVER INSTRUCTED THEM NOT TO EAT MEAT ON U PEOPLES GOOD FRIDAY RATHER HE INSTRUCTED THAT THEY SHOULD KEEP DOING THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM.

THAT INSTRUCTION WAS VERY CLEAR AND UNAMBIGUOUS SO WERE IS THIS DOCTRINE OF NOT EATING MEAT ON A GOOD FRIDAY COMING FROM? OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM CHRIST SO U GUYS KNOW WHO GAVE U THAT ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTION WHICH DEFINITELY IS NOT FROM THE MESSIAH HIMSELF AND IT IS NOT A BIBLE TEACHING AND IT ALSO DEFILES LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE.

ITS JUST LIKE SAYING CHRIST AND HIS DISCIPLES ATE HIS PHYSICAL BODY AND DRANK HIS PHYSICAL BLOOD TOO DURING THE PASSOVER CELEBRATION HE HAD WITH THEM, RATHER IT WAS SYMBOLIC AND A COVENANT WITH THEM SO HOW DID NOT EATING OF MEAT ENTER THIS WHOLE PAROLE NOW?
DOES IT ALSO MEAN THAT ALL RED WINES SHOULD BE AVOIDED TODAY SINCE IT ALSO MEANS DRINKING CHRIST BLOOD?

MAKE WE DEY TRY GET SMALL SENSE SOME TIMES AND STOP FOLLOWING BUMPER TO BUMPER(according to wande coal)ALL THESE DOGMA THAT ARE SO ALIEN TO CHRISTIANITY SHEEPISHLY.

WE HAVE SO MANY INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BIBLE AND WE RELEGATE THEM BUT PAY SO MUCH ATTENTIONS TO THINGS THAT ARE NOT BIBLE TEACHINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS AND EVEN HOLD THEM SO SACRED AS IF THAT IS WHAT WE WERE ASKED TO DO.

NOT SURPRISED THOUGH, THE ISREALITES DID EXACTLY SAME AND PAID DEARLY FOR IT AND LOT MORE WAS DONE EVEN IN THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST SO NO BIG DEAL, EVERY ERA HAS ITS DEVIANTS I GUESS.

livebullet:

abeg bros i for still like make u show me where e dey for that bible say make we worship God on sunday(1st day of the wk) instead of sabbath which is saturday. I mean every thing doesnt hav to be in d bible befor the Church have the authority to institute it either as a tradition or doctrine of faith. Do you even know the church compiled the New testament? dat is to say, the church is older tha the new testament....Use ur google and browse "the council of Trent and the canonization of the scriptures".
Re: Eating Meat On Good Friday! by chelseabmw(m): 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
livebullet:

abeg bros i for still like make u show me where e dey for that bible say make we worship God on sunday(1st day of the wk) instead of sabbath which is saturday. I mean every thing doesnt hav to be in d bible befor the Church have the authority to institute it either as a tradition or doctrine of faith. Do you even know the church compiled the New testament? dat is to say, the church is older tha the new testament....Use ur google and browse "the council of Trent and the canonization of the scriptures".

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Eating Meat On Good Friday! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
nobody forces u not to eat meat, salvation is highly personal.
"am a catholic, i remain a catholic and wish to die a catholic"
Good Friday no meat/fleshy of any kind take it or u leave it.
Re: Eating Meat On Good Friday! by livebullet(m): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
waldigit:

your holiest holiness, may I make clear that the early church as headed by the apostles had nothing in common with catholic denomination. We cannot rewrite history no matter how hard we try. The church as you refer and as presented by the Scripture has nothing to do with any denomination or any catholic local assembly, but it is a universal body of Christ comprising believers who obey the commandment of Christ. He shall someday marry the Church as His bride.
On meat palaver, Christ once said if you love me, obey my commandment. john 15:16 says one of His commandment is to win soul. Like the scripture says it is wise to major on major things and minor on minor things. shalom.

you seem daft in history...sorry you are not qualified to engage me in a discussion on this topic.
Re: Eating Meat On Good Friday! by livebullet(m): 6:59am On Dec 31, 2023
mko2005:

The big question is which church wrote and which church compiled

The Roman church... Which was the ecumenical centre of all the other churches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Online Bible School / Prophet Kofi Oduro: Only Village Women Question Husband's Phone Calls, Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.