Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (564846 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by stanleyalpacino(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
warrenweste:

Don't even try that you might leak your credit card details via that u can't trust all these VPN just use your normal IP and details once u have a good domain a buyer will surely locate u

Okay. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
stanleyalpacino:

Thanks for the reply. I read about your complaint on how naija identity made you lose a biz. I want to register on godaddy but i'm thinking of using a US IP. What your advise on these ?

That was old story, such can never happen again, now there are many escrow services and now domains are sold on cash and carry from many auctions. So there is no more problem for Nigerians to sell domain again. The worse now is they will make sure you are going to deliver the name. Paypal, skrill and payza and many more are there if you are selling on namepros.com etc.

You don't need to hide your identity anymore. But that is not to say you shouodbexpose your credit card info. OK?

So use Nigeria address for your registrations any time any day.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by stanleyalpacino(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
expertix:

That was old story, such can never happen again, now there are many escrow services and now domains are sold on cash and carry from many auctions. So there is no more problem for Nigerians to sell domain again. The worse now is they will make sure you are going to deliver the name. Paypal, skrill and payza and many more are there if you are selling on namepros.com etc.

You don't need to hide your identity anymore. But that is not to say you shouodbexpose your credit card info. OK?

Cheers.

thanks for the reply. Are there stipulated rules to apply to when buying to avoid exposing my credit card info. I intend using my fidelity master card hope it works fine.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by m8rasw6h11(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2016
That kind moment when you type in a 3L domain name only to see one page website.
Person dey look for good domain, someone else dey waste am. sad angry angry angry angry angry angry sad angry angry

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
@expertix. Pls wat % commission does nameprose take for a sold domain?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
expertix:

Cheers.
great job bro. Keep it up.

You sure if I tell buyer to pay me via Skrill him no go cancel the deal?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Abcruz:
@expertix. Pls wat % commission does nameprose take for a sold domain?
non
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
2sexynet:
non
thanks for ur response.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
2sexynet:
great job bro. Keep it up.

You sure if I tell buyer to pay me via Skrill him no go cancel the deal?

he cant cancel the deal though most of them are very leery about using skril the prefer using paypal..you can tell him to use bitcoin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by rjek: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dis payment method in afternic,
Check by mail, how is it? Will d check b posted to my postal address or how? And wat do I need to present to bank b4 I can collect the money? Somebody help me?.. my paypal account is block or rather limited
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
warrenweste:

he cant cancel the deal though most of them are very leery about using skril the prefer using paypal..you can tell him to use bitcoin
if he(the buyer) is to pay me with bitcoin, do i still have to list it on nameprose or just give him my btc address?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Emmyk(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
rjek:
Dis payment method in afternic,
Check by mail, how is it? Will d check b posted to my postal address or how? And wat do I need to present to bank b4 I can collect the money? Somebody help me?.. my paypal account is block or rather limited
It's just like a check. Lol. It will be posted to your postal address.
You then open a domiciliary account with either of these Banks; UBA, Eco Bank, Stanbic IBTC. You lodge the check into your Dom account and wait....

Which PayPal account do you have?
Just use your email address that is not linked to any PayPal account.

The check they sent to me 3 Months ago is still not cleared, I don't know it takes forever for UBA to open Domiciliary account... cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Emmyk:

You then open a domiciliary account with either of these Banks; UBA, Eco Bank, Stanbic IBTC. You lodge the check into your Dom account and wait....

The check they sent to me 3 Months ago is still not cleared, I don't know it takes forever for UBA to open Domiciliary account... cheesy
pls kindly state the requirements to open a domiciary account. Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Emmyk(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Abcruz:
pls kindly state the requirements to open a domiciary account. Thanks
2 Passports,
Utility Bill (NEPA)
2 References (People that have current account, in that Bank, most especially),
Government issued ID card.

Lobatan.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Abcruz:
if he(the buyer) is to pay me with bitcoin, do i still have to list it on nameprose or just give him my btc address?

ONce he agress to pay you via bitcoin just give him ur wallet address and let him pay and u forward the domain key to him
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by rjek: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Emmyk:

The check they sent to me 3 Months ago is still not
cleared, I don't know it takes forever for UBA to open Domiciliary account... cheesy
So I even need domiciliary account again just to collect check? Nawa oooooo. The postal address that I used, I don't even know it self...a guy gave it to me here to use wen my own was giving me problem to purchase domain name. The postal code is 320001
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Emmyk(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
rjek:

So I even need domiciliary account again just to collect check? Nawa oooooo. The postal address that I used, I don't even know it self...a guy gave it to me here to use wen my own was giving me problem to purchase domain name. The postal code is 320001
It's an international check. You don't expect the same procedure that applies to local checks. grin

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by AMZYMAYO(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
Let me just drop a little bit of my findings so far.

1. A CPC of zero is bad for packing- Believe me, this is far from the truth. I bought a domain: Kornmeat.com to test this circulated notion. The domain has an SG (global search) of 0 and CPC of zero . However, the domain is sitting on some quality backlinks: T-17 and C-26 (I hope you understand what those mean). So, I was expecting to get paid for NOTHING. But guess what? For two non-American clicks, I was paid 0.81 dollars (not much, but I was paid). So, what I found out is that you get paid based on the amount committed by the advert being displayed on your domain, and whe| the traffic clicking on your ad comes from (You get paid more for a traffic coming from the US).

2. Good and Bad domains- Except trademark domains, unnecessarily long domains, and some other not-so-important criteria, I don't see any domain as bad. Seriously! In my few months of domainining, I have seen some awkward domain sell. For instance, smile.com sold for whooping 18k last week (I'm sure most of you wouldn't have bought that if you see it lying around). Also, on namepros, I have seen a lot of domains you consider "bad" sell for good profit. Don't get me wrong, I never said you should go around registering every name you come across. As a matter of fact, I'll still suggest you stick to the laws Oga Iyke gave in the beginning of this thread.

For instance, I bought repelle.com- a misspelled domain that you might have seen people complain, "they're bad." But guess what? I sold it for $750. Learn to follow your instinct, rely on bots: estibot, domainindex, etc . minimally. Learn to follow your instinct, and be up to date.

3. Nairaland is Enough- My dear, you need to study more outside nairaland. Visit namepros, watch YouTube videos, learn from the Masters, and then you'll carve out the best plan for yourself.

4. All the secrets have been shared- I pity you! As a matter of fact, no body would share the secret of the location of the treasure with you. All they, including me, is to tell you what we consider an "ok" information with you. Experienced domainers have one or two secrets that enable them sort out our "presumed bad domains" from the good ones (or in my word: the good ones from the outstanding ones). Some have scripts written for them by savvy programmers. I know you don't have the capacity now, but you need to carve your own way in this business if you want to be successful.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by AMZYMAYO(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
5. Domain is all you need to survive- Oh! You might meet a big shocker if you're unable to sell any of your domains withing the 365 days period. Since I began this business, I've had only a single sale. And I kept sending messages to potential customers with no headway. Of course some people rely on domain for a living, but if you can't match their financial strength, then, bros, have a side work. Personally, I'm into freelancing, and it's easy for me to purchase my domain with my earned dollars. And if, for instance, I'm unable to sell any other domain again, the one I sold has reg the remaining portfolio of my almost 50 domains for another year- with profit.

6. You'll sell in 1 year--Sorry o! Anyway, you might be LUCKY. But domain business is not for people looking for quick money. As a matter of fact, I read recently of a man that held on to a domain for 11 years, yes, 11 good years. So, just hope your domain sell- within 1 year.

7. Goldmine--You know the definition of "goldmine" in domain? One word, 2-3 numbers, dot com and probably other extensions. If you don't have that one, then your domain is good. Or if luck comes your way like that guy that reg a domain for $9 and sold it for over 200k within 1 week. Ayaff died! . What I'm simply saying is, try to shoot to kill the single English word domains. And when you are lucky to get them, people will beg you to sell.

Thanks for reading. If I have more observations, I'll gladly share with you.

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by rjek: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Emmyk:

It's an international check. You don't expect the same procedure that applies to local checks. grin
Did u register ur postal address urself? If not which one are u using
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Emmyk(m): 12:47am On Oct 03, 2016
rjek:

Did u register ur postal address urself? If not which one are u using
Nope. JAMB Headquarters, Bwari.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by rjek: 3:18am On Oct 03, 2016
Emmyk:

Nope. JAMB Headquarters, Bwari.
Ok
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nad95: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2016
House good day. What do you think of curtlery.com?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Farouksenior: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2016
Nad95:
House good day. What do you think of curtlery.com?

If you just regg it, try ask for refund. Its a badspelling
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chieveboy(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2016
AMZYMAYO:
Seriously! In my few months of domainining, I have seen some awkward domain sell. For instance, smile.com sold for whooping 18k last week (I'm sure most of you wouldn't have bought that if you see it lying around).

I beg to differ on this...seriously are you kidding me? If Smile.com sold for $18k, I will like to think it's under-sold! it's end use includes anything that can make you smile from winning a lottery, facial surgery, discount sale...miracle! It's a fiver word...a very popular and endearing one at that.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Farouksenior: 9:32am On Oct 03, 2016
chieveboy:

I beg to differ on this...seriously are you kidding me? If Smile.com sold for $18k, I will like to think it's under-sold! it's end use includes anything that can make you smile from winning a lottery, facial surgery, discount sale...miracle! It's a fiver word...a very popular and endearing one at that.

Its smiile wit double ii
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Farouksenior: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2016
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chieveboy(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2016
Farouksenior:

Its smiile wit double ii

Ok...OP's bad. He said "smile.com"
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Bosville(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2016
3DPrintClub
dot com sold for a whooping $9,000....No be me get the sale O.

The owner of this sale was in possession of the domain for almost five years...Truly, the patient dog eats the fattest bone

My 3Dinprint. com on my mind....Baba God pick my call O
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Emmyk:

2 Passports,
Utility Bill (NEPA)
2 References (People that have current account, in that Bank, most especially),
Government issued ID card.

Lobatan.
alright. Thanks i'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
AMZYMAYO:
5. Domain is all you need to survive- Oh! You might meet a big shocker if you're unable to sell any of your domains withing the 365 days period. Since I began this business, I've had only a single sale. And I kept sending messages to potential customers with no headway. Of course some people rely on domain for a living, but if you can't match their financial strength, then, bros, have a side work. Personally, I'm into freelancing, and it's easy for me to purchase my domain with my earned dollars. And if, for instance, I'm unable to sell any other domain again, the one I sold has reg the remaining portfolio of my almost 50 domains for another year- with profit.

6. You'll sell in 1 year--Sorry o! Anyway, you might be LUCKY. But domain business is not for people looking for quick money. As a matter of fact, I read recently of a man that held on to a domain for 11 years, yes, 11 good years. So, just hope your domain sell- within 1 year.

7. Goldmine--You know the definition of "goldmine" in domain? One word, 2-3 numbers, dot com and probably other extensions. If you don't have that one, then your domain is good. Or if luck comes your way like that guy that reg a domain for $9 and sold it for over 200k within 1 week. Ayaff died! . What I'm simply saying is, try to shoot to kill the single English word domains. And when you are lucky to get them, people will beg you to sell.

Thanks for reading. If I have more observations, I'll gladly share with you.
very good observer. Ur write up was indeed, insightful.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
warrenweste:

ONce he agress to pay you via bitcoin just give him ur wallet address and let him pay and u forward the domain key to him
ok. Thanks for the clearification. I appreciate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.