Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,481 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation (27256 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) / Central Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
Those lacking reading comprehension are falling over themselves cos they saw "america" after the bank. Why not grasp the information before commenting and fantasizing working at a bank that pays 15 bucks an hour? Working as a banker in the US does not guarantee you high pay cos there are no loopholes for fraud unlike naija Bankers that are millionaires. I would rather seek employment at AFDB that a struggling bank that have not recovered from the housing market collapse.
My friend stop discouraging people.That cash you mentioned ($15 an hour) nor be small money for Naija moreover who told you bankers in Nigeria are Millionaire perhaps in your dream

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
ifyalways: Nothing ventured,nothing gained.
So long as they would help with the Visa and ticket,its worth trying.Attending such seminars would boost ones CV. wink

I can't recall reading anything about visa on the advert, just wondering where you got your info from

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Abiolabalogun(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
Pls can ND student apply 4 this semilar, because I can see it in their qualification requirement.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by obowunmi(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
Those lacking reading comprehension are falling over themselves cos they saw "america" after the bank. Why not grasp the information before commenting and fantasizing working at a bank that pays 15 bucks an hour? Working as a banker in the US does not guarantee you high pay cos there are no loopholes for fraud unlike naija Bankers that are millionaires. I would rather seek employment at AFDB that a struggling bank that have not recovered from the housing market collapse.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by BSF: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
teejayreal: Apply me ooo. LOL ME NO WORK.
CHECK MA SIGNATURE TO RECIEVE THE DSTV SOFTWARE
Stop the rubbish you are doing!
you are just promoting your webpage(http://2godollar..com/).If people are gullible enough to supply you correct info, when they get to your webpage, the free DSTV url returns them back to the link on your signature in Nairaland.

You are a big time scoundrel. Being truthful would have taken you further, Faster!
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by qhiwegh(m): 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
woodcook:

I can't recall reading anything about visa on the advert, just wondering where you got your info from

Yes, the seminar takes place in Lagos for those selected, not London or America, or even Cotonou. So no need for visa. Unless you're from Niger or Cameroon.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Fash20: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
Talk i am listening Talk i am reading it
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
It's one of the preliminary stages of recruitment or did you not notice that the instruction says to send your CV? They would have limited spaces for the event and so they would invite only those they consider as the best candidates. Obviously not everyone who wishes to attend shall actually be invited.

I doubt BAML wants to hire people who are lazy to read as is evidenced by some comments here. The purpose of the event is described clearly in the flyer posted by the OP so I wonder where the misconceptions have come from. IF you're interested, read and follow the instructions carefully.

These type of recruitment events are an opportunity for candidates to interact with company staff, ask questions and show interest in working with them. If you are invited, dress and behave formally because it's their own opportunity too to assess your fitness with the organization. Don't just go there to listen and follow instructions but be prepared to interact, remember you would be 'selling' yourself. Expect a lot of information about the company, maybe some snacks and who knows, they might throw in an exercise or two to test your ability.

Google "recruitment open day/evening" to learn more about this kind of recruitment events.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
ifyalways: Nothing ventured,nothing gained.
So long as they would help with the Visa and ticket,its worth trying.Attending such seminars would boost ones CV. wink

The eventual jobs would be in Lagos, no overseas travel oh grin
If they wanted to recruit for London they wouldn't need to come to Nigeria/Ghana, my guess is that BAML want to setup or already have a presence in Nigeria & Ghana which they are interested in recruiting for.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by slimfit7: 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
announcement! can boko boiz apply 4 tis jab? And stop waitin 4 amnesty or armnamely
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by meforyou1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
What? An advert just for seminar/presentation? Don't they have staff that can do just that?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Saintigk(m): 12:33am On Mar 31, 2013
Thanks OP
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by KingPradas(m): 3:39am On Mar 31, 2013
sholay2011:
From the info I got, they would sponsor the trip of the selected ones to Lagos. OP, pls confirm this.

. Transport will be provided to and from the venue for the presentation for those who have been selected to attend the event.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by oladcity(m): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2013
Guys, please be very careful. why will bank of America be inviting people for a seminar and you have not seen the following;

1. Adverts on TV or national dailies
2. Local Sponsor organizations e.g affiliate banks, finance houses, finance related govt. organs
3. People of financial repute bearing witness.
4. Exact venue for the seminar.

Guys beware, scammers are getting better and more suphisticated daily, so please let us get our thinking caps on and not fall prey to the "fallacy of appeal to emotion".
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by opendo21(m): 8:07am On Mar 31, 2013
oladcity: Guys, please be very careful. why will bank of America be inviting people for a seminar and you have not seen the following;

1. Adverts on TV or national dailies
2. Local Sponsor organizations e.g affiliate banks, finance houses, finance related govt. organs
3. People of financial repute bearing witness.
4. Exact venue for the seminar.

Guys beware, scammers are getting better and more suphisticated daily, so please let us get our thinking caps on and not fall prey to the "fallacy of appeal to emotion".
Bros! Did you follow the link at all? This is what happens to people who have once watched "Alias" from season one and beyond without reasoning. Back to your queries, 1. How many scam adverts are in Nigerian newspapers on a daily basis.
2. No comment
3.Like Madam World Bank now Fin Minister abi.
4. So people can gatecrash in thousands shey?
To remain globally competitive in today's market, your pool of talent must come from the best talent from around the world, How you do that is left to you as a company. Period.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by sixteen08(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2013
Am wondering how come we have so many stupid people in nigeria...... undecided
For the few intelligent ones.... I hail

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by anticent(m): 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sincerely this thread vividly shows Nigerian youths have a long way to go.Nigerians are just haters and pessimists.They all complain no job blah blah yet when they see an opportunity staring at them,they try everything to discourage themselves.BOA is worth trying.Let he who have ears,let him hear and save the questions till the day of the event abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by sixteen08(m): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
anticent: Sincerely this thread vividly shows Nigerian youths have a long way to go.Nigerians are just haters and pessimists.They all complain no job blah blah yet when they see an opportunity staring at them,they try everything to discourage themselves.BOA is worth trying.Let he who have ears,let him hear and save the questions till the day of the event abeg.

A shiny example of someone wey sense dey him head cheesy grin
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by sixteen08(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
opendo21: Bros! Did you follow the link at all? This is what happens to people who have once watched "Alias" from season one and beyond without reasoning. Back to your queries, 1. How many scam adverts are in Nigerian newspapers on a daily basis.
2. No comment
3.Like Madam World Bank now Fin Minister abi.
4. So people can gatecrash in thousands shey?
To remain globally competitive in today's market, your pool of talent must come from the best talent from around the world, How you do that is left to you as a company. Period.

Another shiny example cheesy grin
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by DonaldGenes(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hmmmph! Quite fascinaing though,I have tried to register but it aint allowing me to,even send my Cv but it returned back!
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by oladcity(m): 8:59am On Apr 01, 2013
Anyways, a word is enough for the wise, anybody considering should open his or her eyes and brains wide. I already sense a syndicate of scammers here.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by chadelicious: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Is it jst 4 students?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2013
oladcity: Anyways, a word is enough for the wise, anybody considering should open his or her eyes and brains wide. I already sense a syndicate of scammers here.

How can u even liken this to a scam? If you suspect anything, just go through BOA careers page and do your own research. That being said, abeg who got an invite for the 25th? Got one yday. And yes, u can still apply.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
Honestly you spoke my mind. How some Nigerians reason is beyond my Comprehension. embarassed
anticent: Sincerely this thread vividly shows Nigerian youths have a long way to go.Nigerians are just haters and pessimists.They all complain no job blah blah yet when they see an opportunity staring at them,they try everything to discourage themselves.BOA is worth trying.Let he who have ears,let him hear and save the questions till the day of the event abeg.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by metro10: 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
I got an invitation for this event, 25th @ sheraton...who else got this? What sort of questions are we expected to ask?...business or career?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Benissues(m): 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
Am expectin mine oh!
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by teexzle: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
Fone or email...and can u paste the email addy u sent ur cv too
point45:

How can u even liken this to a scam? If you suspect anything, just go through BOA careers page and do your own research. That being said, abeg who got an invite for the 25th? Got one yday. And yes, u can still apply.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
How lazy can anyone get? Seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

P&g Test Ouestions? / Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer / Lady Shares Experience With Her Interviewer In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.