Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:46 PM

Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation (27398 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) / Central Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Tolutheo(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2013
just got mine yesterday night:
Thank you for your recent
application to the Bank of
America Merrill Lynch event
on Global Growth -
Developing Talent in Africa.
Congratulations, we would like
to formally invite you to the
presentation panel event held
in Lagos. Please find the
details below:
Date: Thursday 25th April
Time: 1-3pm
Venue: Sheraton Hotel, Lagos
Ikeja
Address: 30, Mobolaji Bank-
Anthony Way Ikeja, Lagos
You will be receiving further
information in regards to
travelling to the venue.
Upon Arrival: Please report to
the front desk to sign your
name off from the list. A light
snack will also be provided.
Dress Code: Business Casual
To bring: Please bring a
printout of this invitation to
the event and at least two
prepared questions to ask our
business representatives on
the panel
The event will consist of a
presentation by Bernard
Mensah (Head of EMEA Fixed
Income, Currencies and
Commodities Trading and
global head of Emerging
Markets (ex-Asia) Global
Markets, Bank of America
Merrill Lynch) and a panel
with other Bank of America
Merrill Lynch senior
employees. They will be
sharing their experiences and
their insight into the business.
Ahead of the event, please
take the opportunity to review
our website to learn more
about Bank of America Merrill
Lynch and help you prepare
your questions for the panel
at: www.baml.com/
campusEMEA < http://
www.baml.com/
campusEMEA >
We look forward to meeting
you.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Danyl(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2013
For those who have bn invited pls,wats d format of the invitatn? The one i got, at the of the msg,it ws stated that if i'll not be chanced to come,i should inform them of my inconviniences.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 8:38am On Apr 16, 2013
^ What difference does that info make to the invitation you received? If you're unable to attend, now you know what to do.
You ignore what's important and choose to analyse minor, irrelevant stuff. Why not do your research and prepare the questions you'll ask at the event, then come back here and engage us in discussion about what you find pal?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 9:02am On Apr 16, 2013
i got my invitation too...
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Tolutheo(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
i think we are expected to ask questions both about finance and entry level career opportunities in bank of america
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
is this the first time BOA is bringing their presentation to Nigeria? plus any idea how this will benefit us?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by skillbank(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
Please house, l also applied to be invited but i wasnt.pls i will like a succesful applicant to send me a copy of the cv u uploaded.cos it seems to me that dat d cv i sent is not reaally ok...ds is ma mail..akinlolusorinola@gmail.com.
Thanks y'all
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
Any other people got invitations to this event?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by dolipop(f): 1:37am On Apr 18, 2013
got an invite
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2013
dolipop: got an invite

That's cOol babe... cheesy
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by nairaman66(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
dolipop: got an invite

HBD@ Dolipop!! Where the party @??
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by oladayo042: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
Is there any hope for those who are yet to get their invites? For those who are invited: how long did it took you to get your invite after completing your registration?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
oladayo042: Is there any hope for those who are yet to get their invites? For those who are invited: how long did it took you to get your invite after completing your registration?

after i registered, i got an email that i will be notified on my status at the end of the registration deadline. two days after registration ended i got my invite.

Anyone with idea on the sort of questions they expect from us?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2013
looking forward to thursday smiley
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Tolutheo(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2013
librangyps: looking forward to thursday smiley

av u gotten transport logistics email.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2013
Tolutheo:

av u gotten transport logistics email.
no, got an email yesterday, a reminder to come with a print-out of d previous mail. I assume I didn't get mail on transport logistics cos I'm based in lagos.

Wher ar u based? And did u get d email?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2013
ANYONE MOVING FROM IBADAN? AND YEAH WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF EVERYONE KINDA CHIPPED IT IN THAT THEY SHOULD NOT JUST TELL US ABOUT MERRILL LYNCH BUT PICK US TOO, WE AIN'T SCARED OF THEIR TESTS NOW ARE WE? LOL

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
@ point 45. Am kinda confused ryt nw. Am in i.b also, but was told d pick up po4nt wil be at OAU. Pls kindly beep me via 07039421858, to know hw u gonna go abt it.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
shegsky: @ point 45. Am kinda confused ryt nw. Am in i.b also, but was told d pick up po4nt wil be at OAU. Pls kindly beep me via 07039421858, to know hw u gonna go abt it.

How many pick up points were u told about? If its just d one, I'm guessing its diff for everyone, perhaps its based on the address on ur cv.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
point45: ANYONE MOVING FROM IBADAN? AND YEAH WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF EVERYONE KINDA CHIPPED IT IN THAT THEY SHOULD NOT JUST TELL US ABOUT MERRILL LYNCH BUT PICK US TOO, WE AIN'T SCARED OF THEIR TESTS NOW ARE WE? LOL

Why do you want to jump the gun? They wouldn't bother to go through all the trouble if they weren't interested in recruiting so there's no need to suggest to them what they already plan to do.

Did you bother to find out what a recruitment open evening is? Did you read where they said:

The team will be available during the session to tell you more about our bank, its culture, the career opportunities available to you and offer advice on how you can become the next generation of leaders in this field

Remember you haven't even applied for a role yet, you don't even know what roles they offer. You're going for a pre-recruitment event so act accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
point45:

How many pick up points were u told about? If its just d one, I'm guessing its diff for everyone, perhaps its based on the address on ur cv.
. Where is you pick up point.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
1forall:

Why do you want to jump the gun? They wouldn't bother to go through all the trouble if they weren't interested in recruiting so there's no need to suggest to them what they already plan to do.

Did you bother to find out what a recruitment open evening is? Did you read where they said:

Remember you haven't even applied for a role yet, you don't even know what roles they offer. You're going for a pre-recruitment event so act accordingly.

Dude, do you know what LOL means at all? So much said I wonder why you missed it as a joke. And please don't get ahead of yourself,not all open days end in recruitment, some are just to stimulate your interest and it ends there. I don't know how a simple joke would just give someone a misplaced need to display shallow thoughts.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
shegsky: . Where is you pick up point.

Was sent 3 diff options. Ilorin, ife and ibadan. That's why I said if its just the one you got, then its got to be candidate specific.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Tolutheo(m): 12:01am On Apr 24, 2013
librangyps: no, got an email yesterday, a reminder to come with a print-out of d previous mail. I assume I didn't get mail on transport logistics cos I'm based in lagos.

Wher ar u based? And did u get d email?

oau student, got email to be picked up from oau
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 12:32am On Apr 24, 2013
point45:
Dude, do you know what LOL means at all? So much said I wonder why you missed it as a joke. And please don't get ahead of yourself,not all open days end in recruitment, some are just to stimulate your interest and it ends there. I don't know how a simple joke would just give someone a misplaced need to display shallow thoughts.

Well this topic is not for jokes, it would be more beneficial to you to concentrate on preparing for the day than joking around here trying to sound clever.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by JobManagers(m): 1:01am On Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for the information! smiley
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 24, 2013
point45:

Was sent 3 diff options. Ilorin, ife and ibadan. That's why I said if its just the one you got, then its got to be candidate specific.
. Where is the pick up point in ibadan. I wil prefer dat to OAU.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 6:48am On Apr 24, 2013
1forall:

Well this topic is not for jokes, it would be more beneficial to you to concentrate on preparing for the day than joking around here trying to sound clever.

It will be more beneficial for you to stop addressing people in a condescending tone and quit being grumpy, being jobless doesn't mean you can't be nice and friendly to people. And erm, yeah,nairaland moderator doesn't count as a job.
Whatever you say after this? I forgive your grasp.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2013
JobManagers: Thanks for the information! smiley

Anytime mate, that for ib is UI car park. You might just wanna contact them again to be extra certain for your own case,just to be sure. (I think your email printout stating pickup point admits you), like I said, its always better to verify.
Cheers
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Mornah25: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2013
Pls is d presentation for students only?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2013
point45:
It will be more beneficial for you to stop addressing people in a condescending tone and quit being grumpy, being jobless doesn't mean you can't be nice and friendly to people. And erm, yeah,nairaland moderator doesn't count as a job.
Whatever you say after this? I forgive your grasp.

When you get to Bank of America's presentation you'll need to be on your best behavior, even if it means having to pretend. The key to that is practice, practice, practice, so its best to start practicing immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by ahmedbrown: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
why the rush, this is just a presentation/seminar not an employment offer, though is good to attend because it can be a boost to your Cv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Company Never Increase Salary For It's Workers / Diamond Bank Recruitment / Am I Spending Lavishly ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.