Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation (27250 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Nigerian Graduates And Their Terrible CV Presentation! (CV attached) / Central Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2013
point45:

Anytime mate, that for ib is UI car park. You might just wanna contact them again to be extra certain for your own case,just to be sure. (I think your email printout stating pickup point admits you), like I said, its always better to verify.
Cheers
. Pls, what time wil they come over to pick us up here at U.I Anyone with an idea. .
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2013
People from outside Lagos, have u been picked up? If not, what time is your pick up?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 25, 2013
librangyps: People from outside Lagos, have u been picked up? If not, what time is your pick up?
. Was told the pick up time for those in OAU is 7am. But am nt sure if they ve bin pickd up. Where is ur location .
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2013
Lagos (LASU)

U?
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 25, 2013
librangyps: Lagos (LASU)

U?
. Ibadan. U.I. Did u no anything bout the pick up tym.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2013
No sir. u shud b on ur way now
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2013
librangyps: No sir. u shud b on ur way now
. Yeap. On my way to lag. Almost miss d bus.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2013
Lets know how it goes when you're done guys, all the best.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
Please who is there already?
Still on my way....
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by metro10: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
Awesome...wam, friendly and intelligent people. If Nigerian' companies can be this people-friendly, there won't be this current 'do-or-die-approach' to job hunting. Imagine, no age limit. Thumbs up to BMHL-crew.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by NiyiKmarx: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
...Congratulations
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Woooooow! It was awesome! Really friendly Äπϑ nice people...got d opportunity of talkn to them one on one! Btw there was enough to eat...wink
Nd nice packages as well! Hoping to attend d next seminar later in d year by His Special Grace.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by NiyiKmarx: 6:02am On Apr 26, 2013
[ Thanks.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
It would be good to hear from all who attended if you contributed to this topic or just read and applied.
What was it like? What did you learn? What lessons would you give to anyone attending a similar event in the future?
After your encounter with BAML is it a place you'd like to work? What do you like/dislike about them?

Come on guys - OP, librangyps, tolutheo, dolipop, point45 (my keyboard pal wink), shegsky?

Please share your experience for others to gain from.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by buklan: 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
grin
Mr. Globe:
Please can anybody link me up with the lady in the advert. she is my perfect woman. Damn!
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by buklan: 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
cheesy good points jawe. tell am
opendo21: Bros! Did you follow the link at all? This is what happens to people who have once watched "Alias" from season one and beyond without reasoning. Back to your queries, 1. How many scam adverts are in Nigerian newspapers on a daily basis.
2. No comment
3.Like Madam World Bank now Fin Minister abi.
4. So people can gatecrash in thousands shey?
To remain globally competitive in today's market, your pool of talent must come from the best talent from around the world, How you do that is left to you as a company. Period.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
The presentation was presided by a panel of about 8 people frm different arms of the organisation. Bank of America is a universal bank that comprises different functions eg commercial bank, insurance company, investments, etc each member of the panel talked about what their own arm of d org encompasses and skills needed, to help us determine our area of interests.

They were relaxed, warm and open to questions... They said it will be a continuous thing in Nigeria as they seek talents in africa. Thers another event coming up in september and we were urged to apply.

The main aim is for us to decide if that's the field we want to pursue after school, and also help them meet students and decide those they want with them.

I hope this is explanatory enough.
All in all it was educative, and what crowned my day was the beautiful Ms Whitaker (Director, investment banking, Newyork) whom I was privileged to have had a chat with outside the hall, she gave me her card and asked to hear from me. This is a connection I intend to follow up on. wink
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by sholay2011(m): 7:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
librangyps: The presentation was presided by a panel of about 8 people frm different arms of the organisation. Bank of America is a universal bank that comprises different functions eg commercial bank, insurance company, investments, etc each member of the panel talked about what their own arm of d org encompasses and skills needed, to help us determine our area of interests.

They were relaxed, warm and open to questions... They said it will be a continuous thing in Nigeria as they seek talents in africa. Thers another event coming up in september and we were urged to apply.

The main aim is for us to decide if that's the field we want to pursue after school, and also help them meet students and decide those they want with them.

All in all it was educative, and what crowned my day was the beautiful Ms Whitaker (Director, investment banking, Newyork) whom I was privileged to have had a chat with outside the hall, she gave me her card and asked to hear from me. This is a connection I intend to follow up on. wink
Congrats o. No dulling. I applied but wasn't invited. Seems lyk u guys had a nice time and learnt a lot. Best wishes.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2013
librangyps: The presentation was presided by a panel of about 8 people frm different arms of the organisation. Bank of America is a universal bank that comprises different functions eg commercial bank, insurance company, investments, etc each member of the panel talked about what their own arm of d org encompasses and skills needed, to help us determine our area of interests.

. Guy ,you've said it all. First and foremost, my thanks go to all nairalanders who gave me the opportunity of attending such a meticulous presentation lyk these,cos , if not for guyz, where on earth will i get an info of these nature,talkless of . . . . Enough of dat. Guy. Did u receive any msg today. Cos i receivd a msg apprectn my appearance at the presentation. Was also giving a link to register for london summer insight week.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
Great stuff! It's a positive change from the usual unfortunate tales of shabby, disrespectful treatment of jobseekers by potential employers which we have been getting accustomed to hearing here, and in general.

Thanks librangyps, I hope we get to read other attendee's perspectives of the presentation too.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
1forall: Great stuff! It's a positive change from the usual unfortunate tales of shabby, disrespectful treatment of jobseekers by potential employers which we have been getting accustomed to hearing here, and in general.

Thanks librangyps, I hope we get to read other attendee's perspectives of the presentation too.

Ur welcome smiley

shegsky: . Guy ,you've said it all. First and foremost, my thanks go to all nairalanders who gave me the opportunity of attending such a meticulous presentation lyk these,cos , if not for guyz, where on earth will i get an info of these nature,talkless of . . . . Enough of dat. Guy. Did u receive any msg today. Cos i receivd a msg apprectn my appearance at the presentation. Was also giving a link to register for london summer insight week.

I'm a lady, I will check my mail now.
sholay2011:
Congrats o. No dulling. I applied but wasn't invited. Seems lyk u guys had a nice time and learnt a lot. Best wishes.

We sure did. Don't worry, its gon'b a continuous thing in naija, so keep applying and work on your CV wink
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
Pretty standard event I'd say. For once an arrangement that matched expectations. A little disappointing from participants though as most (not all) of the questions asked were off point and long thereby robbing others of the chance to ask. A few intelligent contributions though,the lady from UNN and the dude from NOUN totally nailed it.
This basically was an eye opener, full recuitment campaign to follow in september.
And for once,a post event mail (which is so nice and proper given they don't have to).
For the insight week event in september, application is standard. (Pretty long if you aren't used to it, and you need exact course details with grades), a couple of essay type questions then a numeric test. 20 questions 20 minutes, online realtime. You pass you get sent clearance to complete the application. Notifications after closing date which I'm guessing will be to schedule a telephone interview. How do I know? I just completed it.Good luck y'all
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by metro10: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
point45: Pretty standard event I'd say. For once an arrangement that matched expectations. A little disappointing from participants though as most (not all) of the questions asked were off point and long thereby robbing others of the chance to ask. A few intelligent contributions though,the lady from UNN and the dude from NOUN totally nailed it.
This basically was an eye opener, full recuitment campaign to follow in september.
And for once,a post event mail (which is so nice and proper given they don't have to).
For the insight week event in september, application is standard. (Pretty long if you aren't used to it, and you need exact course details with grades), a couple of essay type questions then a numeric test. 20 questions 20 minutes, online realtime. You pass you get sent clearance to complete the application. Notifications after closing date which I'm guessing will be to schedule a telephone interview. How do I know? I just completed it.Good luck y'all

@Point45...what sort of questions constitute the numeric text? Exampls pls.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
Mostly statistical analysis with proper mathematical application. Can't remember any as I was under pressure too.But its not as bad to deal with, just the time. You get a table,and answer based on analysis and calulations
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by metro10: 6:48am On Apr 27, 2013
Thanks a million. Very helpful.

point45: Mostly statistical analysis with proper mathematical application. Can't remember any as I was under pressure too.But its not as bad to deal with, just the time. You get a table,and answer based on analysis and calulations
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by metro10: 11:19am On Apr 27, 2013
@Point45, how did you do your, i am not locating tghe link to the text.

point45: Pretty standard event I'd say. For once an arrangement that matched expectations. A little disappointing from participants though as most (not all) of the questions asked were off point and long thereby robbing others of the chance to ask. A few intelligent contributions though,the lady from UNN and the dude from NOUN totally nailed it.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
Its auto generated and sent to your application centre and email. As soon as you submit your initial application for the insight week, you'll get it.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
point45: Its auto generated and sent to your application centre and email. As soon as you submit your initial application for the insight week, you'll get it.

When I applied, I didn't see wher we were asked courses and grades
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by point45(m): 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Have you taken the test? U apply, u do the test then you complete the rest of your application
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by feniobamo: 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
The insight week is for students expecting to graduate by 2015.
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by librangyps(f): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
point45: Have you taken the test? U apply, u do the test then you complete the rest of your application

ok bro, gorrit wink
Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by SpicyMimi(f): 5:31am On May 05, 2013
Please can someone snd me a direct link on how to apply fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я the summer insight week, cause I aint getting it right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mckinsey&company Recruitment Offer / Ask Graduates On Nairaland / P&g Test Ouestions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.