Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1496457 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
FOOD FOR TAUGHT ... GOOD FISH SEED , cheesy cheesy cheesy QUALITY AND QUANTITY FEED AND GOOD WATER CHEMISTRY = PROFIT goodluck
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oweniwe(m): 12:32am On Nov 10, 2015
soft777:
Too much growth stimulant if not added properly u meet your fish dead the following day ..apart from that too much growth enhance drugs are toxtic to people who will consume it...plesas slow and staedy wins the race dont over drug your fish

soft777:
My brother the truth is , everybody wants fast growth you cant just use all human drugs for fish , we are mammals and fish are not our general anatomy is never thesame so pls dont use human drugs lol follow the general practices laid down on this thread by the fish gurus here and u profit GOD BLESS

Na... On the anatomy stuffs... Some sea animals like whale and dolphine are mammals nau.... D drugs may work, they may not work... The thing i know is that Doing agriculture without fertilizer/growth boost in this modern times is plain stupidity... angry

Someone here said she mixed the powder feed they used to feed catfish fries with chicken feed to feed broiler chicks and they became so big within 2 months... That's what I'm talking about...!!.. cheesy

I no be illiterate wey I go pour one gallon of drugs into feeds and throw into the pond for fishes to eat.. that's foolish.... Shebi you kno how the do drug trial experiments with mice before approval nau shocked tongue

Out of 4000 fingerlings, I wil remove 15 of same size, put 5 each in 3 tubs and mark the tubs accordingly...

Tub A: Normal feed

Tub B: feed mixed with amino acid, minerals and calcium supplements

Tub C: Feed mixed with growth stimulating drugs, amino acid, minerals and calcium supplements

Just as you don't take all the tablets in a paracetamol pack and kids tak half doze..I could crush a half capsule for 5 fingerlings in tub c, add half teaspoon of supplements, apply starch, water, coppen, sundry... Feed tub c "drugged feed" once in 2 days (mornings only... Other times normal feed) cool

If the fingerlings in tub c die, no wahala.... But if they actually grow bigger than fingerlings in tub a & b after a week, if I no apply tub c feeding regimen to d other fingerlings in the main pond, den no born me well. grin

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 2:57am On Nov 10, 2015
robonski15:

Am sorry about that sir, the number is on now.. When do you want it sir.
# OK ma Oga! Can I get dem the hybrid in a week time 4rm now? Will call u again den! Hw much r d hybrid abi na sam #12?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 6:40am On Nov 10, 2015
@soft777.... . I greet you sir I'm one of few who think making local feed is a waste of time and don't trust the Miller cos they may alter the formula but after reading your write up I'm willing to give it a trial and pls ineed a formula for my new stock which i stock three weeks ago at fingerling and now post juvenile eat 2mm. Kindly put me through cos there is a lot of of formula flying around
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2015
robonski15:
Hello ladies and gentlemen, We are proud to announce that our fast growing rugged fingerlings/juveniles sales start from 1st of December. Production will be weekly.. We will be supplying anywhere in Nigeria, for Lagos and Ogun farmers there will be a free delivery straight to your farm, for other part of the country we will assist with 50% of your transportation cost..

Buyers will also be given free 5kg imported special super grow fingerlings/juvenile feed to boost their growth. I personally call it GROWTH MAGIC..Also we offer after sales support and free consultancy to all our buyers..Special oxygenated bags will be used to transport the fishes to avoid stress.

We have cut down the price to #8 for fingerlings #12 for juvenile for all to benefit and maximize profit.

Call now to place your orders. 09054672750 07043941307

I just placed my orders, hope to receieve it as stipulated.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=walexy001 post=39860981]@soft777.... . I greet you sir I'm one of few who think making local feed is a waste of time and don't trust the Miller cos they may alter the formula but after reading your write up I'm willing to give it a trial and pls ineed a formula for my new stock which i stock three weeks ago at fingerling and now post juvenile eat 2mm. Kindly put me through cos there is a lot of of formula flying around [/quote i will send u a mail
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:48am On Nov 10, 2015
chilanfarms:
# OK ma Oga! Can I get dem the hybrid in a week time 4rm now? Will call u again den! Hw much r d hybrid abi na sam #12?

Hello sir the hybrid will be ready first week of December. Hybrid fingerlings goes for #15 and juvenile for #18.. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2015
walexy001:
@soft777.... . I greet you sir I'm one of few who think making local feed is a waste of time and don't trust the Miller cos they may alter the formula but after reading your write up I'm willing to give it a trial and pls ineed a formula for my new stock which i stock three weeks ago at fingerling and now post juvenile eat 2mm. Kindly put me through cos there is a lot of of formula flying around
i have answered your question at agricnetwork you can check it and get back to me with the prices of ingredients i mentioned there , then i will use your location price to do the percentage mix for u . so u can get good semi floating feed and well binded thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Thank you sir but sir kindly add me to your WhatsApp my number is 07031043787. I have some questions to ask more this God Bless You
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
Oga Roboski , Job well done sir. Sir can I get 500 pieces of the hybrid type in first week December? I hope you won't say the quantity is small. Am still on a small scale and have limited facility. where is your address or could it be delivered. I based at wawa before ibafo. The location of your Ogun and Lagos farm please
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
@soft777.... Thank you sir but sir kindly add me to your WhatsApp my number is 07031043787. I have some questions to ask more this God Bless You
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seskee(f): 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
@robonski and ab1x , i m stocking my juveniles today. Please advise me on best feed to use 1st month and how many times do i feed them in a day
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by larry167show: 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
HI robonski15, I must thank you for the good work you are have being doing since 2013 helping upcoming farmers. i will say it is only God that can reward you in abundance i must confess to you i dont knowing anything about catfish but with the help of your post i will say i know little about the catfish business. my question is this i have a pond newly constructed a tarpaulin pond 20feet by 7feet, i want to stock soon, and i learn from you post that hybrid catfish is the best. now the question is wht are the quality of hybrid catfish that makes it to be better than others in term of feeding number of moth it will take to be ready for sales and other qualities, can one apply the method of feeding them with Zeigler for two month and change to local feed (vital feed) i will really like to know the cost of the fingerling/juvenlin of hybrid and d overall cost from the day of stocking to harvest. how strong are they can resist disease more than the normal catfish and so on..... my email is slshodipo@yahoo.com you can send the cost, and include your phone number to my email
Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sagac10us: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
@robonski....... I need 3000 fingerlings by the first week of december.
At no 33, aiyepe road sagamu, ogun state nigeria...... Payment on delivery........ Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seskee(f): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
I m stocking 2000 juvenile in earthern pond. How many times do i feed them in a day and best feed to use in d 1st month of stocking. God bless u wonderful people as u help newbies like me grow in life
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
seskee:
@robonski and ab1x , i m stocking my juveniles today. Please advise me on best feed to use 1st month and how many times do i feed them in a day

Use coppens 1.2mm and 1.5mm before switching to local feeds. You are to feed twice in a day; morning and evening
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
soft777:
i have answered your question at agricnetwork you can check it and get back to me with the prices of ingredients i mentioned there , then i will use your location price to do the percentage mix for u . so u can get good semi floating feed and well binded thank you

See this chairman oh, not everyone has access to agricnetwork, i think it is only fair to everyone else that you answer here . . . .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
@Soft777, i am impressed with detailed explanation you've given to my questions particularly in the area of feed attractant. From what i deduce is that most farmers waste lot of money trying to get the right formula by over saturating their feed with high protein contents that is not necessary for growout catfish. As a shrewd farmer, effort should be made to reduce cost of feed so as to increase profit
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
walexy001:
Thank you sir but sir kindly add me to your WhatsApp my number is 07031043787. I have some questions to ask more this God Bless You
ok good luck
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Chairman Robonski, are you back in Nigeria or Not, wanna call and would like to know which one to call . . . . tongue
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seskee(f): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
ab1x:

Use coppens 1.2mm and 1.5mm before switching to local feeds. You are to feed twice in a day; morning and evening

Thank u so much.will kip d house updated on my progress.keep d good work going
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sudirnge1(f): 3:23am On Nov 11, 2015
robonski15:

Common salt can be very helpful in this situation. Drain your water add fresh water to 1 feet .. take a handful of salt and to the water leave for some like 30 minutes, raise the water to normal level.. keep us updated.
tnx my oga they are ok now.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:33am On Nov 11, 2015
abbeydeeone:
Oga Roboski , Job well done sir. Sir can I get 500 pieces of the hybrid type in first week December? I hope you won't say the quantity is small. Am still on a small scale and have limited facility. where is your address or could it be delivered. I based at wawa before ibafo. The location of your Ogun and Lagos farm please
Hello sir, it will be delivered to you. Just call and place your orders. Thanks.. 07043941307
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2015
larry167show:
HI robonski15, I must thank you for the good work you are have being doing since 2013 helping upcoming farmers. i will say it is only God that can reward you in abundance i must confess to you i dont knowing anything about catfish but with the help of your post i will say i know little about the catfish business. my question is this i have a pond newly constructed a tarpaulin pond 20feet by 7feet, i want to stock soon, and i learn from you post that hybrid catfish is the best. now the question is wht are the quality of hybrid catfish that makes it to be better than others in term of feeding number of moth it will take to be ready for sales and other qualities, can one apply the method of feeding them with Zeigler for two month and change to local feed (vital feed) i will really like to know the cost of the fingerling/juvenlin of hybrid and d overall cost from the day of stocking to harvest. how strong are they can resist disease more than the normal catfish and so on..... my email is slshodipo@yahoo.com you can send the cost, and include your phone number to my email
Thank you

Hello sir thank you for your encouragement.. You can stock 1200 fishes comfortably to maturity with your size of ponds, hope you have another for sorting.. Hybrid tend to gain more weigh than clarias but it is vulnerable and suseptible to diseases which is its major disadvantage more so its not rugged compared to clarias.

Feeding is the same pattern you have to formulate a good local feed which is provided on this thread.

Hybrid fingerlings goes for #12 and juveniles #15.. Budget #250 for one fish to maturity.

Call 07043941307 to place your orders. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:14am On Nov 11, 2015
sagac10us:
@robonski....... I need 3000 fingerlings by the first week of december.
At no 33, aiyepe road sagamu, ogun state nigeria...... Payment on delivery........ Thanks

Noted... Kindly call..07043941307 . thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Fhemmmy:
Chairman Robonski, are you back in Nigeria or Not, wanna call and would like to know which one to call . . . . tongue
You know how reach to me tongue
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Sudirnge1:
tnx my oga they are ok now.

We thank God they are doing well. Keep it up smiley
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AidWealth: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Catfish farming business in Nigeria is a very profitable business to venture into. I have spoken with some successful catfish farmers in Nigeria, and from their testimonies, I can boldly say that this is a very lucrative business. In this article, I am going to share with you a step by step guide on how to start a successful catfish farming business in Nigeria. I know that there are many experienced farmers in the house, but this article will definitely be useful for some starters.This piece is a compilation I made from the experience of a successful catfish farmer in Nigeria.
I wish you success in your business.

Click here to read: How to Start a Successful Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by henry255: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2015
Lying waste in my compound.
12 ft pond in 3 places.
Constant water supply.
How do I revive it?

Help

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Goldencollins: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2015
robonski15:
My fellow farmers and aspiring farmers fish business is no joke.. Its not what u toil with, its serious business.. Before u venture into it go and learn it practically.. Go to a good farm to see for youself.. Majority of the people that claim to be in the business are thieves.. They have sugar coated mouth to lure people into it and take their money...

I had to sqeeze out time to write this little piece for aspiring and practising farmers..

I am not here to sell any manual,books fingerlings and juvenile please.. Am here to answer any sort of question you need to know about catfish farming.. Feel free to ask me because I want the best for everybody,let's share ideas and make money together rather than exploiting people... So am all ears to your questions.. GOD BLESS YOU ALL..

visit www.agricnetwork.com to learn more about catfish farming business and also connect with other fish farmers. like us on [url]facebook.com/agricnetwork[/url]
I enjoyed reading ur testimony,please I have some questions,in a case where water is scares how often can the water be changed?

what's the dimensions in length,width and depth of a pond that can comfortably contain 1000 fishes?

how many plots of land can be used for commercial cat fish farming?

how much is 1kg of fish?

how do u go about sorting of the fish considering their number of over 1000?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Xhizuru: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
Wow, so happy to finally post here.

Kudos to all the professors and helpers here... I cannot name but you know yourselves lol.

I have been following this thread for months, and decided to start small... A close contact of mine is also involved and has run a fish farm before.

We decided to go straight in to hatching.

I rented a farm - several hatching and larger concrete ponds. We bought some brood stocks from badagry.

First time, we hatched 3 females. It went so well. The fries were doing well... Until 3 weeks old. Then we started noticing foaming, and we lost 90% of the fries.

Second time, we hatched 4 females. Again, the product was very high. This time, at 1 week, we moved them out of the hatching ponds into the larger ponds thinking they will be happier with more space. Yesterday morning, at 4 weeks old they all started dropping again.

We change the water daily, and in fact, last weekend we started doing flow through for 5 hours a day. Water ph was good, around 7. Water is pumped from a borehole, held in a big pond for 2 days before entering the fries pond.

We asked around the area, and came across a water "expert" who says we should pour a bag of limestone in the holding pond.

I am really scratching my head here. What could we be doing wrong. Any assistance would be required please.

Even a visit to the farm from any around Ikotun area would be welcomed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GlorytoGod: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
good day fellow aquaculturists,this is to inform you that we have big earthen ponds beside ASA DAM in ILORIN KWARA STATE for rentage.All interested people can contact me on 08079820001.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.