Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,389 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1501009 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Belexy:

A cross breed between clarias and hetero.

Awesome
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
robonski15:

I will explain this on agricnetwork soonest

Looking forward to this
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
JuveFarms:
@Fhemmy, Mentor Robonski, will do total justice 2 ur question on
www.agricnetwork.com
Tnx

Ok, sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ultrazone(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
alphaomega:

tnx 4d response.
in evry business venture, the sole aim is profit. So i want to ask which is most profitable of dem all?? Or would u advise i train on it first before venturing into it fully?
If yes, can u recommend one 4me?

Tnx.
Sir, a lot of factors can influence what aspect of fish farming you end up in. Your interest, capital, facilities available, type of training within ur reach, how much time u have to start d business etc. So without having this set of info, it's difficult to advise you on which areas to invest in. Growout and hatching are two major aspects that I suggest you look into. With low capital and a condition that you can build a network among farmers for sales, fing/juv production is a feasible step. Otherwise, I'll advise that you settle for growout, starting out with the size of production your purse can sustain. Let me also add that in fish farming even though profit is important, you need a carefully planned 2-3 production cycles, to really enjoy a decent ROI especially in a situation where you were responsible for the fixed assets used to set up the venture at the startup.
www.wetalknaira.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pelrojuah: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
@juvefarms Osun State
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:03am On Jul 08, 2014
ultrazone:
Sir, a lot of factors can influence what aspect of fish farming you end up in. Your interest, capital, facilities available, type of training within ur reach, how much time u have to start d business etc. So without having this set of info, it's difficult to advise you on which areas to invest in. Growout and hatching are two major aspects that I suggest you look into. With low capital and a condition that you can build a network among farmers for sales, fing/juv production is a feasible step. Otherwise, I'll advise that you settle for growout, starting out with the size of production your purse can sustain. Let me also add that in fish farming even though profit is important, you need a carefully planned 2-3 production cycles, to really enjoy a decent ROI especially in a situation where you were responsible for the fixed assets used to set up the venture at the startup.
www.wetalknaira.com

Awesome!!!!! I wouldn't agree more
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sweetpickles: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is so so sad that we are back to page 74 embarassed
All the numerous and vital info all gone shocked
I guess we have to move on and make this great thread even more better.

For the record i finally met with my Robonski at Atl, he is such a young shy person grin
We chatted much about fish farming and to my amazement he told me so much in details.
What i liked about him was his simplicity it still baffles me.
He is also involved in some outstanding farm projects of which i don't want to go into details

robonski i am sorry for letting the cat out of the bag cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by retin01: 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
robonski15:

Bro only Gods care is perfect security as u said... @ oga retin01 give us update on your smoking kiln and aerator
dis is unbelievable we are back to page 73 many information has being loss.I could not login I hv 2 register again. robonski I wi paste my progress in d aerator and smoking kiln next week when I get home is almost complete.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by babaloye: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
alphaomega: Mr Robonski...1st of al, i must say ''thank u'' for d beautiful edifying topic u put up here. May God bless ur husstle.
I am a novice in dis fish farming thing.
I have d passion...i am sorting out funds to start dis farming....what do i really need to start up dis bizness? I need guidance.
**P.s: i stay in akure
alphaomega: Mr Robonski...1st of al, i must say ''thank u'' for d beautiful edifying topic u put up here. May God bless ur husstle.
I am a novice in dis fish farming thing.
I have d passion...i am sorting out funds to start dis farming....what do i really need to start up dis bizness? I need guidance.
**P.s: i stay in akure
AlphaOmega- I live in Akure too. If you need any technical advice or hands, you can link up with me. Mail me on fagbamiye_2000@yahoo.com.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ultrazone(m): 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
retin01: dis is unbelievable we are back to page 73 many information has being loss.I could not login I hv 2 register again. robonski I wi paste my progress in d aerator and smoking kiln next week when I get home is almost complete.
I'm also interested in the progress of these projects especially the smoking kiln. Keep us updated, Sir.
www.WeTalkNaira.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by alphaomega(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2014
babaloye:
AlphaOmega- I live in Akure too. If you need any technical advice or hands, you can link up with me. Mail me on fagbamiye_2000@yahoo.com.

thanks so much sir.

mail sent.

will be expecting your reply.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by enwansnr: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thanks a lot sir i will get in contact
pharmzy:
mine is 08069209120
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tobbyte(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
hello house...pls if u are a farmer from ijebu ode, ijebu igbo, nd around d ijebu environment pls drop ur number
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Any ideas or tips on how best to spice catfish for smoking?
Also the ingredients and steps involved. smiley
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pls i nid a place to get melange fish in abeokuta
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stanzo: 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
AIdyl Farms, Orozo, Abuja is advertising for the positions of a Farm Manager and Farm Hands. Interested applicants should visit their website at www.aidylfarms.com for details.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stanzo: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
1. BATTERY CAGES REQUIRED AT AIDYL FARMS
Battery cages for poultry layers are required at Aidyl Farms, Orozo, Abuja for immediate purchase. Suppliers/Manufacturers should forward their quotations to the General Manager at ceo@aidylfarms.com with pictures indicating the following:
 If New or Used
 Local or Imported
 Specifications
 Location
 Unit costs
 Cost of transportation to Orozo, Abuja
2. FEEDS MILLING MACHINE REQUIRED AT AIDYL FARMS
A medium sized Feeds Milling Machine for Poultry/Fish feeds is required at Aidyl Farms, Orozo, Abuja for immediate purchase. Suppliers/Manufacturers should forward their quotations to the General Manager at ceo@aidylfarms.com with pictures indicating the following:
 If New or Used
 Local or Imported
 Specifications
 Location
 Unit costs
 Cost of transportation to Orozo, Abuja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osca234: 6:47am On Jul 10, 2014
oga robonski i have been following this thread rather silently but wants to start off my fishery business immediatelym all thanks to you and other gurus here for your openess.
oga robonski your number is not connecting oooh i have been trying it. which one is going through?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kelvin1191(m): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2014
DUNKA: My location is jos
pls what is the prices of feed in jos especially vital feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by retin01: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2014
ultrazone:
I'm also interested in the progress of these projects especially the smoking kiln. Keep us updated, Sir.
www.WeTalkNaira.com
No prom I will
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
osca234: oga robonski i have been following this thread rather silently but wants to start off my fishery business immediatelym all thanks to you and other gurus here for your openess.
oga robonski your number is not connecting oooh i have been trying it. which one is going through?

Hello Boss Thank you very much.. U can reach me via my email robonski15@gmail.com or whatsaap 08061682047

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
sweetpickles: This is so so sad that we are back to page 74 embarassed

For the record i finally met with my Robonski at Atl, he is such a young shy person grin
We chatted much about fish farming and to my amazement he told me so much in details.
He is also involved in some outstanding farm projects of which i don't want to go into details

It was a pleasure hosting you ma and once again thank you for the gifts wink

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
sweetpickles: This is so so sad that we are back to page 74 embarassed

oga Robonki shy ke. maybe for your presence ma. cause the face wey I dey see for whatsapp no even near ssshhhyyy. grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
ayosat: oga Robonki shy ke. maybe for your present ma. cause the face wey I dey see for whatsapp no even near ssshhhyyy. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by biggyblazzy: 2:18am On Jul 11, 2014
All protocol duly observed;I'm simply using dis medium to apprec8 one of our own ;the trailblazer,humility -personify nd above all listning Robsky Robocop.once more we apprec8 u thumbs up.come to our level oga robnski na confirm warri Boy (Area) ..........Gentle keeeeee"warri no dey carry last".my oga Ayosat,excelsoir I see all of you!!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sweetpickles: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2014
JuveFarms: Bumper Harvest 5kg @ 7months....
Are those fishes or baby whale shocked
Mr juve pls tell us your secret oo.
Imagine if I got like 20tonnes fishes of this size grin
By the way where is my excelsiorfarm , belexy, abx1, tokugawa, mr fheemy the expert...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 11:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Hey dear, i am here observing in d background. wink and eating smoked catfish grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2014
For the lagos based catfish farmers, drop ur bbm pins or number so dat i can add u to the group. We need to av a meeting. Or better still, contact me on whatsapp: 08023000802 or BBM: 7C642157 so i add u to d grp.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ugohs: 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
robonski15: My fellow farmers and aspiring farmers fish business is no joke.. Its not what u toil with, its serious business.. Before u venture into it go and learn it practically.. Go to a good farm to see for youself.. Majority of people that claim to the business are thieves.. They have sugar coated mouth to lure people into it and take their money...

I had to sqeeze out time to write this little piece for aspiring and practising farmers..

I am not here to sell any manual,book or fingerlings and juvenile please.. Am here to answer any sort of question you need to know about catfish farming.. Feel free to ask me because I want the best for everybody,let's share ideas and make money together rather than exploiting people... So am all ears to your questions.. GOD BLESS YOU ALL..

visit www.agricnetwork.com to learn more about catfish farming business and also connect with other fish farmers. like us on [url]facebook.com/agricnetwork[/url]

Hello robonski ,i have been following your lectures on nairaland on fishfarming infact i had some stocks i sold out in april and they where fed with zeigler and vital as you described and the result was good 1kg- 1.7kg in 4months. Recently i re-stocked and my fishes are not growing well, i bought from the same farm and the once they kept for themselves are fast growing please what can i do to salvage this situation.
my email-(ugochukwunwandu@yahoo.com)

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
ugohs:

Hello robonski ,i have been following your lectures on nairaland on fishfarming infact i had some stocks i sold out in april and they where fed with zeigler and vital as you described and the result was good 1kg- 1.7kg in 4months. Recently i re-stocked and my fishes are not growing well, i bought from the same farm and the once they kept for themselves are fast growing please what can i do to salvage this situation.

I must commend your efforts sir, 1kg -1.7kg in four months is wonderful.. Now about the present stock not growing well it 'may' be that the farm u bought them from kept the best for themselves and sold out the rest hence the poor growth. What is the size of this present stock?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
ugohs:

Did u over stock? Are u feeding dem well d way u fed the lastbatch? yeah its possible dey kept all d shooters and den gave u the 'runts'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.