Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,966 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1500909 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
KA24DETT:

Boss man, How long was your training at songhai institute? How long did you stay there for? thanks

Master, i was in songhai for two weeks

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ugohs: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
robonski15:

I am so delighted hearing this good news sir, you should give them artemia for 14 days then switch to 0.3mm for a week,then O.5mm for like a week plus. switch to 0.8mm to 1mm. It all depends on how fast they grow that will also determine when to change feeds.. keep up with good water management and low dirt in the vat
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONCE.
GOD BLESS YOU.
www.agricnetwork.com

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=ugohs][/quote]

@ ugohs you are very much welcome!!

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Emeritus153: 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
robonski15:

We can be of help to you sir, which type of pond system do u want to put in place for the hatchery? concrete, plastic vat or wooden vat wit tarpoline..

www.agricnetwork.com
wooden vat wit tarpolin

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by detagabriel(m): 12:02am On Jul 26, 2014
pls can u send mi ur email
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2014
ab1x:

I love your question. Like my oga at the top adviced earlier, Robonski; you need to know the source of ur fingerlins.

You need to make use of coppens at least for 1 and a half month

After which you switch over to local feeds(2mm size). Here is the formula that I used in my farm and I can confirm to you authoritatively that I can boast of fish weighing between 2KG to 2.5KG within four months, 1 week.

FM (Danish) 72% 40
Toasted Soya 20
GNC 20
Indomie or biscuit 20
Premix 1
Lysine 1
Vit C 200grams
DCP 1
Molasis 10
Floxinor 1
Salt 1

Sorry, I don't use maize, cassava flake, koko garri, Wheat offal, rice meal, pKC or what have u.

I used the above formula for 3 and half month after which I change to;

FM (local) 20
Broiler starter 50
GNC 40
TS 40
Flour 30
Indomie 20
Premix 1
Lysine 1
Vit C 150grams
Salt 1
Molasis 10
Floxinor 1

Please note that floxinor is just a kind of antibiotics to prevent them from illness or sicknss so to say.

You must also avoid excess salt because it will reduce the weight of fish since salt itself is medicinal in nature.

Above all, stop using short cut in rearing fish otherwise u will see short cut at selling point. Use the right formula and see the power of right formula. Just my two cents.

please, can the local feeds produced by durantey be used instead? It is 5,750 per 25kg.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OLISASDEJI(m): 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
i

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Emeritus153: wooden vat wit tarpolin

That's great sir, do u have a reliable carpenter to fix it for you, or can u do it yourself?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
detagabriel: pls can u send mi ur email

Hey bro, i have replied your PM

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
opes: please, can the local feeds produced by durantey be used instead? It is 5,750 per 25kg.

Durante sinking feed is a good feed, i once used it and didn't disappoint, u can use it sir.

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
robonski15:

Durante sinking feed is a good feed, i once used it and didn't disappoint, u can use it sir.

www.agricnetwork.com
thanks mr robonski. Between the sinking and vital or topfeed floating, which will be better for two months and five days old fish. Price difference is just 32 naira per kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
opes: thanks mr robonski. Between the sinking and vital or topfeed floating, which will be better for two months and five days old fish. Price difference is just 32 naira per kg

I will advice you give the fishes vital or top feed till they are three months old, then switch to durante sinking feed till harvest. At what month do u want to harvest?

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
robonski15:

I will advice you give the fishes vital or top feed till they are three months old, then switch to durante sinking feed till harvest. At what month do u want to harvest?

www.agricnetwork.com
four months. First time of using commercial feeds this long, but considering the high cost of ingredients making local feeds these days, better to continue with commercial feeds..thanks8
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AONO: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
robonski15: Fish farming like other business has its prons and cons.. And truthfully its a very lucrative and yet a money draining business..

I have read articles about how lucrative the business is and how to invest and reap millions.. All I do is just to laugh on reading such article.. All they want is just for u to buy their manual and make money.. Surprisingly most of them don't have a farm of their own, they are computer farmers who don't have any experience whatsoever in the business..

I know of farms within my area who have shut down their farms due to frequent loss over the years.. I was also considering shutting down myself after I lost close to 2 million naira, yeah u heard me TWO MILLION NAIRA, but after diligent study which took about a year I decided to give it my last shot..

To be continued..

pls where can i get good brood stock in osun state
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
AONO:
pls where can i get good brood stock in osun state

contact Mr afolami on 08032466515

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:26am On Jul 27, 2014
opes: please, can the local feeds produced by durantey be used instead? It is 5,750 per 25kg.

nah. they are different.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 6:28am On Jul 27, 2014
ab1x:

nah. they are different.
Thanks. Yours is more richer
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 6:33am On Jul 27, 2014
ab1x:

nah. they are different.
for the second local feeds, can i replace indomine with biscuit and flour with wheat or rice bran? I cant get both from my feedmill, same as molasis
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2014
opes: for the second local feeds, can i replace indomine with biscuit and flour with wheat or rice bran? I cant get both from my feedmill, same as molasis

Indomie/Flour/Biscuit are the same.
The only different is that flour bind the feeds very well more than indomie and biscuit.
Although, indomie and biscuit have nutritional value than flour
Thus, you can make use of any of the three above.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2014
ab1x:

The only different is that flour bind the feeds very well more than indomie and biscuit.

I like this guy. I like it when people talk with confidence. I appreciate you Ab1x

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saddek04: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
ab1x:
. Good day to you all and happy celebration to all Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum. I am a silent follower of this forum most especially of Ab1x on his new formula for local feed because I am into earthen pond fish farming based in Ibadan with very large farm and on the verge of disposing the farm due to losses at the end of every harvest season. I was about to to dis when I came across this forum and it gave me a hope. I was following Ab1x closely and even wrote some of his points down until the loss of data and since then, he has not been frequent anymore. This goes to you Mr Ab1x, pls kindly come back and help some of us that depend solely on the information gotten here so that we can find our foot back in the business. I am begging u and also Tokugawa to pls be more frequent on this forum even more than u used toto save us from the so called consultants that are milking us dry. I don't even mind if I can get your e mail address so that I can mail u and ask any questions bothering the business. Thanks as you respond swiftly to this.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
mozek24:

I like this guy. I like it when people talk with confidence. I appreciate you Ab1x
We all appreciate Ab1x, he has a vast knowledge of feed formulation.

www.agricnetwork.com

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
mozek24:

Thanks. It is just that when u do things regularly u have authority in it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
saddek04: . Good day to you all and happy celebration to all Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum. I am a silent follower of this forum most especially of Ab1x on his new formula for local feed because I am into earthen pond fish farming based in Ibadan with very large farm and on the verge of disposing the farm due to losses at the end of every harvest season. I was about to to dis when I came across this forum and it gave me a hope. I was following Ab1x closely and even wrote some of his points down until the loss of data and since then, he has not been frequent anymore. This goes to you Mr Ab1x, pls kindly come back and help some of us that depend solely on the information gotten here so that we can find our foot back in the business. I am begging u and also Tokugawa to pls be more frequent on this forum even more than u used toto save us from the so called consultants that are milking us dry. I don't even mind if I can get your e mail address so that I can mail u and ask any questions bothering the business. Thanks as you respond swiftly to this.

I'm extremely sorry about ur loss. If u want me to reply fast to any of ur post, just reply to any of my post. I will reply in a timely manner. I'll never post anything that I've never practised. Everything posted on this forum are from experience and they are subject to a change from time to time because I put my fish to test every now and then and it is the result that I always post on this forum. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
robonski15:
We all appreciate Ab1x, he has a vast knowledge of feed formulation.

www.agricnetwork.com

Boss. I dey follow u bumper to bumper. Helping others is my joy !
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
@ab1x, are ur premix, lysine and Floxinor 100gms?

Im concerned about the use of floxinor in ur feed especially since thats wat u will feed ur fishes with till d fishes are sold. I believe there is usually a time interval wen all drugs given to an animal must be stopped before human consumption.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Belexy: @ab1x, are ur premix, lysine and Floxinor 100gms?

Im concerned about the use of floxinor in ur feed especially since thats wat u will feed ur fishes with till d fishes are sold. I believe there is usually a time interval wen all drugs given to an animal must be stopped before human consumption.

Floxinor is always in a small bottle. They sell it for N500.00. I use 1 Bottle for 100KG. Since, am making use of earthen pond, I make use of it till d'point of sales. Prevention they say is better than cure. At the moment, I no longer use Floxinor rather I make use of tectracin. It is just N300.00 per sachet. However, premix and lysine are meant to aid feed digestion. So, i make use of it till d'point of sales although I reduce it to 0.5KG on 200KG but if u can afford more, it does not have any effect on the growth of fish.

Also, some school of thought believe that salt affects the growth of fish but I believe that it is also medicinal and helps to prevent diseases in fish. So, i used 3KG of salt in 100KG and I still get result.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saddek04: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
ab1x:
I'm extremely sorry about ur loss. If u want me to reply fast to any of ur post, just reply to any of my post. I will reply in a timely manner. I'll never post anything that I've never practised. Everything posted on this forum are from experience and they are subject to a change from time to time because I put my fish to test every now and then and it is the result that I always post on this forum. Thanks
The last part of your post before d data loss was that after feeding with 0.8 & 1.2, u use only one bag of 2mm after which you switch to formula 1(200kg) & formula2(200 kg). These u said will take them to like 2nd month of stocking. After this, what formula can one proceed to and for how long before changing to probably formula 4 before disposing. Pls write it in details and step by step. Also, is it feeding to satiation or you just weigh the feed in kg? Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saddek04: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
ab1x:
If u get 2-2.5 kg in 4 months 10 days, can you pls give a rough estimate of what to expect when you harvest a stock of 2100 fish and what is the average weight. Will all the fish be 1 kg and above or you still have some weighing less than 1 kg?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
saddek04: . Good day to you all and happy celebration to all Muslim brothers and sisters on this forum. I am a silent follower of this forum most especially of Ab1x on his new formula for local feed because I am into earthen pond fish farming based in Ibadan with very large farm and on the verge of disposing the farm due to losses at the end of every harvest season. I was about to to dis when I came across this forum and it gave me a hope. I was following Ab1x closely and even wrote some of his points down until the loss of data and since then, he has not been frequent anymore. This goes to you Mr Ab1x, pls kindly come back and help some of us that depend solely on the information gotten here so that we can find our foot back in the business. I am begging u and also Tokugawa to pls be more frequent on this forum even more than u used toto save us from the so called consultants that are milking us dry. I don't even mind if I can get your e mail address so that I can mail u and ask any questions bothering the business. Thanks as you respond swiftly to this.
if u had read through the thread from d beginning, though unfortunate that lots of info was lost, u should be up & doing, learn to meet farmers & visit this thread regularly also
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saddek04: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
excelsiorfarm: if u had read through the thread from d beginning, though unfortunate that lots of info was lost, u should be up & doing, learn to meet farmers & visit this thread regularly also
Unfortunately I joined this forum not too long before the crash and that is why I implore people like u to be more frequent like before because the little I learnt within this short period has really changed a lot of things. Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
saddek04: The last part of your post before d data loss was that after feeding with 0.8 & 1.2, u use only one bag of 2mm after which you switch to formula 1(200kg) & formula2(200 kg). These u said will take them to like 2nd month of stocking. After this, what formula can one proceed to and for how long before changing to probably formula 4 before disposing. Pls write it in details and step by step. Also, is it feeding to satiation or you just weigh the feed in kg? Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.