Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54532 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 30, 2013
One thing I know for sure is: they are noisy and rude jeez undecided undecided
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by double08(m): 12:31am On Mar 30, 2013
You forgot Number 8: Mind ya business!!!!! angry angry angry if it is annoying, go get a private jet!!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by obowunmi(m): 12:31am On Mar 30, 2013
Now, I mostly fly first or business class - problem solved. wink wink wink

when I was a student, I suffered in Economy class - cry cry
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bookface: 12:33am On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: No habits by anybody annoys me in the plane and as my friend told me BUY FIRST CLASS if you can't stand the things you see in the economy class and until then,i will continue taking in the good,the bad and the ugly of the economy class.

And at POSTER i don't know how often you travel,but if you travel a lot like me then you should have out grown looking out for faults or habits in other's as people can not be like you,act like you or be like you want them to be.

Just want to add an experience i had sometime last year and it was sad.

As a veteran of ECONOMY CLASS i was coming from Nigeria via Delta to the US and on getting to my sit there was a young girl(later discovered she is yoruba)on my space,looked at the boarding pass and number to be sure and told her excuse me please that's my sit.

I always take a sit by the aisle because i am tall and so can stretch my legs,she had the middle sit and on the third sit there was a very old man and i said hi to him then sat down.

Just siiting down and noticed this girl was restless and kept closing her nose with her hands and chatting fervently on her blackberry,raised her head up and asked me if we can change sits and i told her no. She started looking around urgently for an air hostess,spotted one and asked her if they can move her and they told her the plane was full and all this happening while the plane had not even taxied yet.

So i am wondering what's up with this girl as her restlessness was starting to bother me,especially as she had that first timer traveller look(over dressed to impress or give the impression they are well to do to the immigration at the port of entry)and after a few minutes she stood up to use the rest room and left her BB by my arm rest but i did not notice it.

Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

She tried to make small banters with me but i ignored her and later when we were filling up our landing card,this stupid girl brought out her passport to fill and it was a fresh Nigerian passport and her first Visa was the US one and the old man she was calling a smelly old man brought out his US Passport.

So i am thinking this stupid girl has this attitude and have never even left Nigeria before and how will she behave when she starts living outside Nigeria.

This might sound mean but i prayed she ran into problems at the port of entry with the immigration people,but since she followed the line at the immigration point for visa holders i did not know how it ended.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

What's the point to this stupid rant?

Are you trying to draw attention to yourself as a frequent flyer or you simply want us to know you are that dude who was fortunate enough not to fill landing cards?

So the girl was rude for calling the old man smelly, but din' yo mama teach you it is considered rude and obnoxious to read people's private messages? Notwithstanding how tempted you are to do so? Geez! right to some privacy, din' someone teach you that?

You lost the right to tag the girl as rude, and i can only imagine how extremely unpleasant you must be, probably with radical racist tendencies, since you believe including the girl's ethnic group is somehow relevant to your stupid rant

26 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by great063(m): 12:35am On Mar 30, 2013
190: im guilty of leaving toilet doors open embarassed embarassed

i always like the airhostess shuttin em
Congrats.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by opone72: 12:37am On Mar 30, 2013
Jolof have u ever travel out of Nigeria before ?all this your points are nonsense

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Latifahed: 12:39am On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: No habits by anybody annoys me in the plane and as my friend told me BUY FIRST CLASS if you can't stand the things you see in the economy class and until then,i will continue taking in the good,the bad and the ugly of the economy class.

And at POSTER i don't know how often you travel,but if you travel a lot like me then you should have out grown looking out for faults or habits in other's as people can not be like you,act like you or be like you want them to be.

As a veteran of ECONOMY CLASS i was coming from Nigeria via Delta to the US and on getting to my sit there was a young girl(later discovered she is yoruba)on my space,looked at the boarding pass and number to be sure and told her excuse me please that's my sit.

I always take a sit by the aisle because i am tall and so can stretch my legs,she had the middle sit and on the third sit there was a very old man and i said hi to him then sat down.

Just siiting down and noticed this girl was restless and kept closing her nose with her hands and chatting fervently on her blackberry,raised her head up and asked me if we can change sits and i told her no. She started looking around urgently for an air hostess,spotted one and asked her if they can move her and they told her the plane was full and all this happening while the plane had not even taxied yet.

So i am wondering what's up with this girl as her restlessness was starting to bother me,especially as she had that first timer traveller look(over dressed to impress or give the impression they are well to do to the immigration at the port of entry)and after a few minutes she stood up to use the rest room and left her BB by my arm rest but i did not notice it.

Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

She tried to make small banters with me but i ignored her and later when we were filling up our landing card,this stupid girl brought out her passport to fill and it was a fresh Nigerian passport and her first Visa was the US one and the old man she was calling a smelly old man brought out his US Passport.

So i am thinking this stupid girl has this attitude and have never even left Nigeria before and how will she behave when she starts living outside Nigeria.

This might sound mean but i prayed she ran into problems at the port of entry with the immigration people,but since she followed the line at the immigration point for visa holders i did not know how it ended.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

very disappointed at the Yoruba girl behavior angry
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by slimyem: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2013

You must be so angry to remember the details and to have typed this epistle.
There are spoilt and nasty people everywhere in the world.Its not about tribe or being a Nigerian.Lose your anger.Its not worth it!

12 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 30, 2013
Always carrying overload of hand luggages
Having unnecessary arguments with the cabin crew
Disobeying the captains rules.
Also standing up when the plane is taking off or landing
However im guilty of all of these tongue

4 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by NessaFresh(f): 12:41am On Mar 30, 2013
obowunmi:

I'm not lying my sister.... its the truth.
Wow if that's true then sorry my brother....hahaha but I gotta LMAO at you. Only God know how ur facial expression go dey dat day
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by slimyem: 12:42am On Mar 30, 2013
obowunmi: Now, I mostly fly first or business class - problem solved. wink wink wink

when I was a student, I suffered in Economy class - cry cry
Stop bragging!!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by NessaFresh(f): 12:45am On Mar 30, 2013
slimyem: You must be so angry to remember the details and to have typed this epistle.
There are spoilt and nasty people everywhere in the world.Its not about tribe or being a Nigerian.Lose your anger.Its not worth it!

I hate long posts but because of ur comment I decided to read his post and I must AGREE with him. That Girl IS A MOTHERFU!CKIN Disgrace to womanhood and a BIG FO!OL!! His anger in his post is justified thoroughly!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2013
#SCREAMING
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by cupid4ig(m): 12:47am On Mar 30, 2013
bookface:

What's the point to this stupid rant?

Are you trying to draw attention to yourself as a frequent flyer or you simply want us to know you are that dude who was fortunate enough not to fill landing cards?

So the girl was rude for calling the old man smelly, but din' yo mama teach you it is considered rude and obnoxious to read people's private messages? Notwithstanding how tempted you are to do so? Geez! right to some privacy, din' someone teach you that?

You lost the right to tag the girl as rude, and i can only imagine how extremely unpleasant you must be, probably with radical racist tendencies, since you believe including the girl's ethnic group is somehow relevant to your stupid rant
smh its people like u that he is talking about .

13 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by slimyem: 12:48am On Mar 30, 2013
NessaFresh:

I hate long posts but because of ur comment I decided to read his post and I must AGREE with him. That Girl IS A MOTHERFU!CKIN Disgrace to womanhood and a BIG FO!OL!! His anger in his post is justified thoroughly!
What makes it justified?He was even mannerless to have read through the girl's messages.
Besides,haven't you met or seen nastier people?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bookface: 12:49am On Mar 30, 2013
NessaFresh:

His anger is justified? How?

He read the girl's private messages, that is RUDE!

We all have different smell receptors, and if the girl thought the old man sitting next to her had some body odours, then there's nothing she could have done to stop herself smelling what she smelt. She even had the courtesy of asking for another sit. If you wet your pants and you ooze, I shouldn't have to feel guilty for perceiving odours! But the dude reading her private messages and thinking he somehow earned the right to become angry is obnoxious and rude!

9 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bookface: 12:51am On Mar 30, 2013
cupid4ig: smh its people like u that he is talking about .

What sort of rubbish is he talking about?

You don't go about reading people's private messages regardless of what stupid excuses you might have for displaying such unruly and unsocial trait.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by slimyem: 12:52am On Mar 30, 2013
I for one hate bodies touching me in public places.
What's wrong if i choose to tell a friend on chat that I feel uncomfortable with the person sitting next to me?
That dude just making it sound like the girl did more than chat with her friend on phone or like she spat on the old man's face.undecided

3 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by RedLight1: 12:56am On Mar 30, 2013
double08: You forgot Number 8: Mind ya business!!!!! angry angry angry if it is annoying, go get a private jet!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by NessaFresh(f): 12:58am On Mar 30, 2013
slimyem: What makes it justified?He was even mannerless to have read through the girl's messages.
Besides,haven't you met or seen nastier people?
Not really met. I'm not glorifying him tho cuz he has no right to read her messages but atimes ur eyes just involuntarily go there and its almost impossible not to attempt reading it. But anyways I no wan argue sha...dat one na dere consign.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Jollof(m): 12:59am On Mar 30, 2013
@ all the haters who dislike my post - Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. Mission accomplished!

For the record, I'm a Nigerian and proudly one too. I'm also not perfect and I never said I was. I never said other nationalities are incapable of doing these annoying things - my focus was on Nigerians only. Insults directed towards the OP just imply that I have struck a nerve that caused you to vent in an uncouth manner. Unfortunately for you, there will be more of these types of posts and I won't stop until attitudes start to change. Sue me or post your own tongue

4 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bookface: 1:05am On Mar 30, 2013
slimyem: I for one hate bodies touching me in public places.
What's wrong if i choose to tell a friend on chat that I feel uncomfortable with the person sitting next to me?
That dude just making it sound like the girl did more than chat with her friend on phone or like she spat on the old man's face.undecided

It's about the most bizarre scenes of amebo I have seen in my life. You pried into a strangers phone conversation and you think you have a right to be angry at the subject of discussion? What the hell! What an unpleasant human being!

I for one would have made sure the dude had the most unpleasant flight experience of his life i had caught him sneeking through my phone.

He somehow made it sound like being an old man is enough excuse being untidy and also as if being young somehow meant you must endure long haul flights with an unpleasant smell as long as the person sitting next to you is old.

shior.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ezeufi: 1:10am On Mar 30, 2013
I think the OP has only flown either from or into Nigeria. I have taken flight between different countries and all those things are there, apart from number 2. 3 weeks ago I flew Lufthansa from Munich to Helsinki and I was the only african onboard. After we landed in Helsinki you would have thought Galatarasay or Olympiakos have just won the champions league.

About excessive drinking? I once flew flew from Glasgow airport to DBX Dubai. Me being a teetotal I refused to take alcoholic beverages, and the oyinbo scotman sitting next to me asked me to accept every round of alcohol and pass it to him. By the time we landed in Dubai, that oyinbo man was absolutely wrecked with alcohol.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by slimyem: 1:10am On Mar 30, 2013
bookface:

It's about the most bizarre scenes of amebo I have seen in my life. You pried into a strangers phone conversation and you think you have a right to be angry at the subject of discussion? What the hell! What an unpleasant human being!

I for one would have made sure the dude had the most unpleasant flight experience of his life i had caught him sneeking through my phone.

He somehow made it sound like being an old man is enough excuse to be untidy and also as if being young somehow meant you must endure long haul flights with an unpleasant smell as long as the person sitting next to you is old.

shior.
You sef don dey vex too much.E don do! cool
@lafflaff had another agenda in mind asides the girls action IMO.The fact that she was yoruba was what really riled him up and made him type all that jabber.
Forgive him anyway..undecided

4 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by olaezebala: 1:13am On Mar 30, 2013

To me, the girl's manner is even better than urs. If u can be this low on IQ to go thru people's message then u're a real moda4ker. I want to believe ur story is false anyway cause u typed all these lies just because u want to make a tribe look bad or can u explain why u have the "yoruba" typed in upper case?. Eeeeeediot. Omo ale jatijati, oloriburuku iran were.

13 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 30, 2013
Lol@people taking pictures in the plane grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Suks: 1:15am On Mar 30, 2013
dat number 7 is so true

clapping when the plane lands .......

cnt just understand....
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:17am On Mar 30, 2013
No one beats the Irish at drinking !!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 30, 2013
Jollof:

7. Sitting ovation. I'm not sure if you can relate but you're nearing your flight destination and as soon as the plane lands successfully passengers around you start to clap until virtually everyone joins in. Why are they doing this, you ask? beats me - for landing safely or for not crashing into the deep blue sea or for getting their money's worth after usurping the mini bar...I dunno. The clapping is cheesy in my opinion. I'd much prefer passengers go one by one to shake the pilot(s) for a job well done plane well-landed.
OMG!!! They do this EVERYTIME and it's so bloody annoying. I usually feel embarrassed for all of them, sometimes the air hostesses give the wtf look. No, I tire for my people.

Another annoying thing they do is take on with them a huge carry-on bag. Some of the carry-on bags you see them bring are big enough to be checked in.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 30, 2013
[size=13pt]My flight from Italy to Nigeria (Alitalia) was easily one of the more "interesting" flights I've flown. I was with my brother and sister. We were late because of a one-hour delay from Frankfurt, so we were running through Fiumicino Airport like there was no tomorrow. We got to the gate 25 minutes late. I was already convinced that we had missed our flight. To our surprise, the flight was delayed as a good number of passengers had not yet presented themselves. They were showing up African time. The flight was also delayed due to excess carry-ons. It was as if everyone had a carry-on, even small kids. The storage in the plane was completely full. The flight attendants took luggage and put as many as they could in the flight attendant storage as well. The rest had to go under the plane with checked-in luggage.

So my siblings and I entered the plane. My sis and I were in front of my brother. As we walked the aisle, passengers, mostly men, brought out their phones and cameras and started snapping away. *flash flash flash*. Cameras flashing like they were paparazzi.

My sis and I had seats in the very back, and my brother's was one row in front. Initially, I thought that was a blessing. Na anti-blessing. Throughout the flight, people were queued in front of the restroom. As in, 6-10 men and women waiting in line at a time, which is against policy. Italian flight attendants no send for our matter at all. If it was elsewhere, those in queue would've been told to sit. A guy was actually toasting one girl in line. Imagine. What was worst was that it seemed as if all of them had full rectums at the same time. The kind of atomic bomb that the combined stenches concocted is comparable to no other stench. I had no choice but to enter as I was still wearing winter clothes as it was icy and snowing in Frankfurt, complete contrast of Lagos.

Six hours later, we were descending towards MMA. The plane was literally heading down. Flight attendants instructed us to put on our seatbelts. The light that tells passengers to remain belted and seated was on. One old mama youngi got up and headed towards the restroom. The flight attendant told her she had to remain seated. The old woman started arguing. "But I'm pressed!" The flight attendant instructed her again to return to her seat, put on her seat belt, and remain seated as it was for her own safety. The woman got angry and grumpy and started cursing the woman in her language as she went back to her seat. Lol.

The flight was grounded and we were finally getting up and ready to leave the plane. Jollof rice, puff puff, and dried meat were littered all over the floor of the plane. It was embarrassing. One could see the looks of frustration on the attendants' faces. I truly pitied them.

If that isn't annoyance, then I don't know what is lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 30, 2013
hahahahaha!! they served you guys jollof rice and puff puff...abeg, what airline is this?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Enugu And Lagos In The List Of 100 Resilience Cities In The World / How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.