Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,531 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54549 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Everest9(m): 1:25am On Mar 30, 2013
nawo you dey try
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella: hahahahaha!! they served you guys jollof rice and puff puff...abeg, what airline is this?

[size=13pt]No, it wasn't served. People brought it onboard.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 30, 2013
But I'm pressed !!! Hahahahahaha. Mehhhnn. Nigerians and load. But I don't blame them, I do the same
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123: But I'm pressed !!! Hahahahahaha. Mehhhnn. Nigerians and load. But I don't blame them, I do the same
hahahahaha!! I was once on a Delta flight from ATL to LAG for 12 hours and I didn't pee through out the flight. There were unending queues in front of all the lavatories. I mean, ALL. As one person entered the loo, another person joined the waiting queue. I don't even know what they ate. I mean, they totally bombed the toilets. It was ridiculous.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by psalmdave(m): 1:34am On Mar 30, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]MR POSTER TANK U 4 D INSULTS,WELL DONE..OUT OF D NUMEROUS COUNTRIES ON EARTH ONLY A COUNTRY DOES ALL DIS ..LYK U WILL DIE IF U POST 7 ANNOYING TINGS PPLE DO ON AIRPLANES...4 GOD'S SAKE IS THERE ANY COUNTRY IN D WORLD DAT THEIR CITIZINS INSULTS THEM D WAY WE DO 2 NIGERIANS...INSTEAD OF FINDING PLEASURE IN POSTING THIS CAN'T U SIT DOWN AND THINK HOW TO MOVE NIGERIA FORWARD AND ALSO ASKED URSELF WHAT U GAINED BY POSTING THIS,YEA URE GETTING THUMBS UP COMENTS BUT FACE D FACT MY FRIEND...ALSO ARE U D ONLY 1 DAT AV TRAVELLED ON AIR AND U COME ADVERTISING IT ON NAIRALAND TINKIN URE BETA DAN D PPLE U POINTD OUT TAKING PICTURES 4 PROOF..M NT DISSIN U 4 UR INFO M JES GIVING A TINK TWICE...THER WAZ A GUY WHO ALSO COMMENTED ON UR POST SAYING U AVENT GONE ANY WHERE ON PLANE SAYING U COPIED DIS 4RM SUMWHERE,I TINK THAT GUY IS CORRECT,WELL MY FRIEND IF I CONTINUE,I WNT STOP BT JUS KNW DAT MUMU NO BE PRIDE

5 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by sholay2011(m): 1:35am On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: No habits by anybody annoys me in the plane and as my friend told me BUY FIRST CLASS if you can't stand the things you see in the economy class and until then,i will continue taking in the good,the bad and the ugly of the economy class.

And at POSTER i don't know how often you travel,but if you travel a lot like me then you should have out grown looking out for faults or habits in other's as people can not be like you,act like you or be like you want them to be.

Just want to add an experience i had sometime last year and it was sad.

As a veteran of ECONOMY CLASS i was coming from Nigeria via Delta to the US and on getting to my sit there was a young girl(later discovered she is yoruba)on my space,looked at the boarding pass and number to be sure and told her excuse me please that's my sit.

I always take a sit by the aisle because i am tall and so can stretch my legs,she had the middle sit and on the third sit there was a very old man and i said hi to him then sat down.

Just siiting down and noticed this girl was restless and kept closing her nose with her hands and chatting fervently on her blackberry,raised her head up and asked me if we can change sits and i told her no. She started looking around urgently for an air hostess,spotted one and asked her if they can move her and they told her the plane was full and all this happening while the plane had not even taxied yet.

So i am wondering what's up with this girl as her restlessness was starting to bother me,especially as she had that first timer traveller look(over dressed to impress or give the impression they are well to do to the immigration at the port of entry)and after a few minutes she stood up to use the rest room and left her BB by my arm rest but i did not notice it.

Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

She tried to make small banters with me but i ignored her and later when we were filling up our landing card,this stupid girl brought out her passport to fill and it was a fresh Nigerian passport and her first Visa was the US one and the old man she was calling a smelly old man brought out his US Passport.

So i am thinking this stupid girl has this attitude and have never even left Nigeria before and how will she behave when she starts living outside Nigeria.

This might sound mean but i prayed she ran into problems at the port of entry with the immigration people,but since she followed the line at the immigration point for visa holders i did not know how it ended.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

Oga, what is your point? You must really be good in scriptwriting 'cos I'm amazed the way you painted the character of the girl as very evil just because she didn't pretend all was well which you only discovered by pokenosing into her private business.
Clap for yourself, the defender of THE OLD!
And does her tribe have to be in uppercase before your moviescript wins a major award?
Ethnic bigots like you are not needed in the future Nigeria if you refuse to change.

I sincerely hope you've truly seen planes before let alone being on board...oh! Thanks to Hollywood movies, you should have seen one.

Nonsense!

9 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella: hahahahaha!! I was once on a Delta flight from ATL to LAG for 12 hours and I didn't pee through out the flight. There were unending queues in front of all the lavatories. I mean, ALL. As one person entered the loo, another person joined the waiting queue. I don't even know what they ate. I mean, they totally bombed the toilets. It was ridiculous.

[size=13pt]I taya. I wonder what they ate too. You brave sha. I've heard so many stories about those Delta flights from ATL lol.[/size]
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by naeto2(m): 1:36am On Mar 30, 2013
ManTiger: Nice write-up and good observations but if you look closely, you'll notice that some white folks do also give "sitting ovation" but they are not always the initiator.
I think this should make a FP.

WORD!!!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by razznaija(f): 1:36am On Mar 30, 2013
donsax: Fuuuk you op!!!!! Even none Nigerians does all these mteew.....you must have copied this from Nigerians hater website or tarrif seeker blog!!!

You're obviously guilty of everything on the list.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]No, it wasn't served. People brought it onboard.[/size]
They took jollof rice through the security checkpoint and into the plane? shocked shocked

wow, the Italians must have a really lax attitude towards security.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by agohavivi(f): 1:37am On Mar 30, 2013
cupid4ig: smh its people like u that he is talking about .
Exactly!
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 30, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I taya. I wonder what they ate too. You brave sha. I've heard so many stories about those Delta flights from ATL lol.[/size]
bad stories I guess.. grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:
hahahahaha!! I was once on a Delta flight from ATL to LAG for 12 hours and I didn't pee through out the flight. There were unending queues in front of all the lavatories. I mean, ALL. As one person entered the loo, another person joined the waiting queue. I don't even know what they ate. I mean, they totally bombed the toilets. It was ridiculous.
12 hours ? How do you cope ?? I thought London to Lagos is bad enough.
This is why I hate eating on the plane and I'll end up feeling 'pressed' grin. The queues are too long, the toilets smell and I'm always afraid of one of the 'uncles' in the queue will start talking sweet nothings to me.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Samsantos9: 1:43am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 1:44am On Mar 30, 2013
OP certainly boarded the wrong plane,I am sure you went for the cheapest available flight to Lagos,why complain then.
Even some flights to Abuja from Lagos are usually quiet everyone sitting comfortably on his/her seat without moving around,though its just a 45mins journey compare to 15hrs to NY but I still doubt if Nigerians behave so badly on board a plane.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 1:48am On Mar 30, 2013
ogugua88:

Why board from ATL?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 1:49am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:
Why board from ATL,well behaved people always board from JFK,NY. Next time go to NY as ATL is filled with rascals and owambe people who consume so much akpu and amala before going on board.
lol

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella: They took jollof rice through the security checkpoint and into the plane? shocked shocked

wow, the Italians must have a really lax attitude towards security.

[size=13pt]Appatently. Either that or they're excellent at packing food and bypassing security. Everything about that trip was loose compared to what I'm used to. Very nonchalant attitude.

And yes, lol, bad stories.[/size]
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Why board from ATL?

[size=13pt]I haven't boarded from there. I stay in the west and use San Francisco.[/size]
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Why board from ATL,well behaved people always board from JFK,NY. Next time go to NY as ATL is filled with rascals and owambe people who consume so much akpu and amala before going on board.
lol
Oh Gawd grin grin grin grin

and how would you know?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Why board from ATL,well behaved people always board from JFK,NY. Next time go to NY as ATL is filled with rascals and owambe people who consume so much akpu and amala before going on board.
lol
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 30, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Appatently. Either that or they're excellent at packing food and bypassing security. Everything about that trip was loose compared to what I'm used to. Very nonchalant attitude.

And yes, lol, bad stories.[/size]
lool...about the Nigerians or about Delta?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:
lool...about the Nigerians or about Delta?
I've heard about nigerians tongue
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 1:59am On Mar 30, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I haven't boarded from there. I stay in the west and use San Francisco.[/size]
ATL is a no go area
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 2:01am On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:
Oh Gawd grin grin grin grin

and how would you know?
Talking from experience honey,ATL is a no go area,those guys got no Yankee feelings at all as they behave like traders in Aba.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bumdish: 2:01am On Mar 30, 2013
This thread don turn bragging paradise. Everyone is keen on letting us know they've entered airplane. We don hear, I begi!
@lafflaff123, I am so disappointed in you.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by seedord247(m): 2:01am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: ATL is a no go area

Please give Houston a trial grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
who hasn't heard about Nigerians? we are the same, anywhere we go.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
12 hours ? How do you cope ?? I thought London to Lagos is bad enough.

In December 2000, I alongside my dad and siblings, boarded a TWA flight from Gatwick to St Louis Missouri. The flight last for around 13 hours.
*TWA is now defunct*
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 2:04am On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
Those Nigerians in ATL and Tx got wrong behaviour especially the ones based in Houston and Austin in Tx.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 30, 2013
bumdish: This thread don turn bragging paradise. Everyone is keen on letting us know they've entered airplane. We don hear, I begi!
@lafflaff123, I am so disappointed in you.
That's the point of the thread. Talking about your experiences flying with fellow Nigerians. It's ain't easy tongue

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Talking from experience honey,ATL is a no go area,those guys got no Yankee feelings at all as they behave like traders in Aba.

You can also add MOST Los Angeles-based Nigerians to your list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt / Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.