Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan (17431 Views)

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians / Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by oloriooko(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that members of the Boko Haram sect were not Muslims because no true adherents of Islam would subject the country to killings, bombings and other gory attacks the way they had done.

From their modus operandi, Jonathan stated that the sect members were products of international terrorism and “not members of Islam or any other religion in Nigeria.

“Those who mindlessly and indiscriminately attack worship places, schools, health workers, motor-parks, banks and ordinary road users must be seen as they truly are: the brainwashed pawns of international terrorism.

They do not represent any true religion or section of the country and we must never play into their hands by succumbing to their nefarious ploys to incite religious, ethnic hatred and division among us,” the president stated.

In his Easter message to Nigerians yesterday, Jonathan urged Nigerians who he described as “dear countrymen and women” to continue to exhibit restraint and understanding in the face of seeming provocations.

“We must have peace, security and stability to effectively implement our agenda for national transformation in all parts of the country and we shall continue to work ceaselessly to re-establish the prerequisite conditions for nationwide progress and development.”

Assuring Nigerians of the federal government’s commitment to peace in the country, the president said security agencies and the armed forces would protect the unity and territorial integrity of the country.

He said, “It follows, therefore, that to successfully achieve our vision of becoming one of the most dominant nations on the global stage in the shortest possible time, we must stay together as a people and continue to effectively resist by all possible means, the evil machinations of global terrorists and their misguided domestic accomplices who seek to provoke turmoil, hatred and harmful divisions among us.

“I assure Nigerians that our security agencies, armed forces and I will continue to fully discharge our constitutional responsibilities of protecting the unity and territorial integrity of this country with all the powers and forces at our disposal.”

On Easter celebration, Jonathan said, “I greet and felicitate with you all as we celebrate Easter which commemorates the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ after his redemptive self-sacrifice for the eternal salvation of mankind.

Irrespective of our religion or faith, all holidays provide us with a fresh opportunity to establish stronger bonds with our family, friends and all those around us for more enduring, harmonious and beneficial relationships.

“As we celebrate this year’s Easter, I urge all Nigerians to rededicate themselves to living in peace and oneness with all members of their communities no matter their ethnicity, religious beliefs or places of origin.”

Forget amnesty for Boko Haram – Northern CAN
Meanwhile, the publicity secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the northern states, Elder Sunday Oibe yesterday maintained that there was no need for any amnesty for members of Boko Haram.

He spoke to journalists in Kaduna while reacting to a statement credited to the Anglican Bishop of Wusasa Diocese, Bishop Buba Lamido, who had call for an overhaul of the Christian body over its position on amnesty.

According to Oibe, “the Anglican bishop does not understand what amnesty means.

It’s on good note to know that all the politicians that have been accused, arrested and those who have been facing trial, including the ones that there houses have been destroyed and carry ammunition are all politicians from the same part of the country.

World Muslim League tasks Nigerians on peaceful co-existence
And after days of deliberations by scholars from within and outside Nigeria, the World Muslim League (WML) has advised Nigerians to rekindle the once mutual understanding which existed amongst them irrespective of their religion, creed and region.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/51182/2013/03/31/boko_haram_are_not_muslims_jonathan.html

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
Neither are they Nigerians.

They are ghost.

Ghosts have no religion nor nationality.

But should ghost be “Amnestizied“?

I don't think so, but what of you?

17 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tomakint: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yeah we all know that, they are just followers of Muhammad and worshipers of Allah undecided

24 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
GEJ, nobody is asking you if Bokoboys believe in holy koran or not.

Will you grant them amnesty or not?

Yes or No

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by theripper2: 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
Absolute Nonsense. Are they Mormons now?
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Atouba2(m): 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
ologbeni find a way to get rid of them joor or are they worshiping u? since they are not muslims

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by sunnyt1(m): 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ahh, finally, wat a relief, GEJ knows who boko harams are, at least he knows dey are not muslims

21 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
I think this is the most Presidential speech I have heard Jonathan give!!!

@Ngwakwe

The President implicitly answered your question. By calling Boko haram a Foreign terror gang brainwashed and have no place in our local society he is simply saying he has no plans to meet them

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
Are you guy this dense GEJ made the statement in other to woo yoruba muslims vote in 2015. Use your head well. Simple political move. Who doesn't know that some Imams in the North are kingpins of Boko Haram??

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ebamma(m): 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
And he forgot to add too that even the notorious Osama bin laden was not a muslim #once a retardeen always a retardeen

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by mekaboy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
I guess those who are supporting them and calling for their amnesty are not muslims too. So muslims, over to you, are boko haram members muslims?

Yes or No?

If they are not muslims, I urge all muslims to rise and flush both them and those calling for their amnesty.

But if they are muslims, the continue to defend then and ask for their amnesty.

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 01, 2013
If the Muslims Disagree, then they must be proud of Jihad as political instrument. I really doubt if murder is a structure in the verses of the Koran, if it happens to be, then it has to be re-written.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ninja4life(m): 12:05am On Apr 01, 2013
Is gej confused or just want his voice in d news how did he know dat dey are not Muslims why won't he know since he said dey are in his cabinet and dey are also his brothers all i want to hear is boko haram sponsors and deir supporters are arrestd and prosecuted and den peace reign in northern nigeria or boko haram members and sponsors has been grantd amnesty so dey hav given up arm or watever solution he have enough of all his politricks all i want is PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by baynix(m): 12:15am On Apr 01, 2013
Source??
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by takedat(m): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2013
chiover: Are you guy this dense GEJ made the statement in other to woo yoruba muslims vote in 2015. Use your head well. Simple political move. Who doesn't know that some Imams in the North are kingpins of Boko Haram??
You believe it was just a political statement intended to woo Yoruba muslims, but If it was Tinubu or Buhari that made a similar statement, you would have skinned them alive.

15 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by profola2be(m): 5:28am On Apr 01, 2013
Jonathan,you've forgotten ni jare,they are not muslims but CHRISTIANs!

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 5:58am On Apr 01, 2013
By your description of Bokoboys. Does GEJ has power to grant foreign terrorists amnesty and rehabilitation in Nigerian Soil if the pressure becomes unbearable?

Can he extend the amnesty to Al shabab and Al qeada, if he were to bow to the voices of the majority (NE, NW, NC and SW)?

mikeansy: I think this is the most Presidential speech I have heard Jonathan give!!!

@Ngwakwe

The President implicitly answered your question. By calling Boko haram a Foreign terror gang brainwashed and have no place in our local society he is simply saying he has no plans to meet them
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by nduchucks: 6:54am On Apr 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: By your description of Bokoboys. Does GEJ has power to grant foreign terrorists amnesty and rehabilitation in Nigerian Soil if the pressure becomes unbearable?

Can he extend the amnesty to Al shabab and Al qeada, if he were to bow to the voices of the majority (NE, NW, NC and SW)?

When it is convenient for them, opponents of amnesty will use the "ghost" or "foreign terrorist" definition for Boko Haram. Granting amnesty to ghosts or foreign terrorists is essentially foolish and senseless.

Nigerian jails are filled with thousands of youths, much like those who were used as foot soldiers by MEND. The FG calls those prisoners BH members and we all know that these are not foreigners or ghosts. An amnesty program is in order and will significantly reduce the killings,much like it is doing in the SS region. Everyone agrees that the most extreme and violent terrorists must be hunted down.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 7:38am On Apr 01, 2013
Had these Boko Boys and Girls been attacking the Government Establishments and vile Politicians, I would have been sympathetic to their cause as I find it unjust for a poor harmless or hungry thief to have his hands chopped off in Sharia Court instituted by these same Politicians while Public Servants/Politicians earn six months in prison (if any) and still enjoy their loot thereafter.

If you have assess to these Boko Boys and Girls foot Soldiers, please tell them to fight on the side of impoverished Nigerians who will appreciate their agitation if it becomes noble fight for justice which it's not at the present.

ndu_chucks:
Nigerian jails are filled with thousands of youths, much like those who were used as foot soldiers by MEND. The FG calls those prisoners BH members and we all know that these are not foreigners or ghosts. An amnesty program is in order and will significantly reduce the killings,much like it is doing in the SS region. Everyone agrees that the most extreme and violent terrorists must be hunted down.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Sometimes I wonder if he thinks before he utter somethings, saying this type of thing will only raise dusts about his claim not to know the BH members or sponsors. This statement, according to my perspective, shows that he knows the people behind the inceasant bombings, yet he let them continue. Now I know that common sense is not really common. On the other hand, @OP! Where's the link to back up your claim? Until I see a link, I will take this to be a media propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Igwe9(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2013
ok, as long as he knows that a disease that has never been seen before cannot be cured with everyday herbs.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Senatorxzibit(m): 8:37am On Apr 01, 2013
Mr jonathan is the most retarded president ever,former presidents take actions,where he loves media so much.i wonder how his tenure wil be if he is re-elected in 2015
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by finegidigal: 8:38am On Apr 01, 2013
Man pours hot water on his13-year-old housemaid http:///2013/04/01/man-pours-hot-water-on-his13-year-old-housemaid/
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by SlyIg(f): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2013
He still believes they are faceless sha...
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by adexsimply(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2013
keekeekee.. Mo rerin oyinbo
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by mascot87(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2013
The retardeen again??
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by spywareczar(m): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2013
Smh 4 GEJ
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ITbomb(m): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: GEJ, nobody is asking you if Bokoboys believe in holy koran or not.

Will you grant them amnesty or not?

Yes or No
He went to their backyard and told them No to their face, what else do u want.
Only a senseless government would grant amnesty to faceless international-terrorism-brainwashed virgin fuckers
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 01, 2013
presido ori e fuckaaaa siibe.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by chucky234(m): 8:47am On Apr 01, 2013
Billyonaire: If the Muslims Disagree, then they must be proud of Jihad as political instrument. I really doubt if murder is a structure in the verses of the Koran, if it happens to be, then it has to be re-written.
The fact that all known terrorists are Muslims is an open secret and gives your clueless president out,all the bombings recorded around the world since the beginning of terror has been traced to one Muslims terrorist sect or another.
GEJ is just clueless and confused,simple.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Ljboy(m): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2013
I so much disagree wit GEJ's view on dz subject!... if he is tryin 2 say dah d sect are nt Northernerns den i can agree wit him on d fact dah dey are foriegners buh if he is sayin dah dey arent muslim dey dahz a Big fat Lie.... Lukin frmwen dey started as tryin 2 mk Nigeria an Islamic country bounded by sharia den u wud knw its only muslim dah has dah doctrine!... Gej is alwys confused!.. jx pray God leadz him 2 lead us well!... smh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Did APC/Buharists Become Patriotic? / Ondo Election 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Will Defeat Akeredolu – Tambuwal / You’re Worst Of All Our Enemies, IPOB Replies Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.