Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan (17303 Views)

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians / Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by aurenflani: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2013
tomakint: Yeah we all know that, they are just followers of Muhammad and worshipers of Allah undecided

You just reminded me of Josef Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler. The followers of christianism and worshipers of Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2013
mekaboy: I guess those who are supporting them and calling for their amnesty are not muslims too. So muslims, over to you, are boko haram members muslims?

Yes or No?

If they are not muslims, I urge all muslims to rise and flush both them and those calling for their amnesty.

But if they are muslims, the continue to defend then and ask for their amnesty.

DAZ ALL
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Wsdm: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2013
... Yes, just like October 1st bombing.Mr. President, you are not talking to me but some bewildered/gullible Christians led by Aritsejafor. You better focus on the main issue and stop deceiving yourself. These boys are truly fighting the JTF that are rapping their wives and killing them. If any other person is involved, is a 'collateral damage' in which the JTF are the main culprit. Go to any part of the north and ask the victims directly involved; who is killing them between boko haram and the JTF? Then you will know who is on a mission.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ForNow: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2013
chiover: Are you guy this dense GEJ made the statement in other to woo yoruba muslims vote in 2015. Use your head well. Simple political move. Who doesn't know that some Imams in the North are kingpins of Boko Haram??

What a very stupid and shreud mindset. Is it only the yoruba nation that has muslims? How has the speech solicited for yoruba muslim votes. You are one making we yorubas look stupid with your comments. You are not using your head at all. Jonathan, his speech, action or inaction should not be seen as been intended for the yorubas as we are not the only tribe in this country. What makes you think that if Yorubas don't vote for him in the next Presidential election that he would not be returned as President.

Quite making mounting out of an ant mole.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by esperiense(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2013
We all know they are Islamists not Muslims
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2013
Billyonaire: If the Muslims Disagree, then they must be proud of Jihad as political instrument. I really doubt if murder is a structure in the verses of the Koran, if it happens to be, then it has to be re-written.

Better still, the Koran been used in Nigeria should be amended and all nihilistic verses in it should be expunge cos it seems some members draws their killing inspirational instinct from those verses.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by babaowo: 9:40am On Apr 01, 2013
mikeansy: I think this is the most Presidential speech I have heard Jonathan give!!!

@Ngwakwe

The President implicitly answered your question. By calling Boko haram a Foreign terror gang brainwashed and have no place in our local society he is simply saying he has no plans to meet them
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by epmmiks: 9:40am On Apr 01, 2013
If they truelly want amnesty let them come to the table and discuss their terms. Let them come to the light lkie the way we saw the Niger Delta guys on TV.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by avalontony(m): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2013
This must be April fool from Mr president to Nigerians..........Gej u almost got me, but am not buying it. if they are not muslims what are they?
A. Aliens
B. Kryptonites
C.Ghosts
D. None of the above
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by babaowo: 9:41am On Apr 01, 2013
ITbomb:
He went to their backyard and told them No to their face, what else do u want.
Only a senseless government would grant amnesty to faceless international-terrorism-brainwashed virgin fuckers
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: By your description of Bokoboys. Does GEJ has power to grant foreign terrorists amnesty and rehabilitation in Nigerian Soil if the pressure becomes unbearable?

Can he extend the amnesty to Al shabab and Al qeada, if he were to bow to the voices of the majority (NE, NW, NC and SW)?

Help me ask them oo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2013
How come this generation is so naive?

The President spoke in his office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
This man by the statement has thrown a "nuclear bomb" to the Bokos and their sponsors.

By saying that they are not moslems, this will put any moslem leader defending Boko Haram or calling for amnesty to silence, else, the person must come forward and explain more.

Secondly, by calling them brainwashed ( Wow! i LOVE THAT PART), the president has once more shown me the reason I voted for him. Those comparing the ND militants and the brain washed Bokos must have their heads examined. I love you Jonathan!

Hammer them!

Did someone ask about amnesty?

No sir! these guys are brainwashed! Amnesty won't do them any good.

On a very serious note: This fight is not only fought with booms and guns. Mr. President has shown a superior Armour when it comes to Psychological Warfare.

Any one who finds this pronouncement that is very very Presidential, is neither naive or simply mischievous!

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: GEJ, nobody is asking you if Bokoboys believe in holy koran or not.

Will you grant them amnesty or not?

Yes or No
IS THIS GANJA TALK OR OGOGORO TALK, KAI KAI TALK OR MONKEY TAIL TALK?....OK I GET IT NOW,...YOU BLOODY SLEEP TALKING
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2013
take dat: You believe it was just a political statement intended to woo Yoruba muslims, but If it was Tinubu or Buhari that made a similar statement, you would have skinned them alive.
those ones went too far. They wanted amnesty for dem too.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Wsdm: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2013
chucky234: The fact that all known terrorists are Muslims is an open secret and gives your clueless president out,all the bombings recorded around the world since the beginning of terror has been traced to one Muslims terrorist sect or another.
GEJ is just clueless and confused,simple.
If throwing of bomb is terrorism, check the number of bombs thrown on armless civilians for a decade by the Europeans and the U.S.A and tell me objectively, who the terrorist is. Does asking for ones right amount to terrorism? No wonder the Police kill you people like cow and dump you in Ezu river without even a simple peaceful protest to show your grievances.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by jude33084(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2013
Wsdm: ... Yes, just like October 1st bombing.Mr. President, you are not talking to me but some bewildered/gullible Christians led by Aritsejafor. You better focus on the main issue and stop deceiving yourself. These boys are truly fighting the JTF that are rapping their wives and killing them. If any other person is involved, is a 'collateral damage' in which the JTF are the main culprit. Go to any part of the north and ask the victims directly involved; who is killing them between boko haram and the JTF? Then you will know who is on a mission.

It is funny when a muslim call Christians gullible cheesy cheesy

That should be on the joke section cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2013
ewet: What next are you goin to tell us abt Boko Haram? tht thy are in your govt,thy are PDP,thy are in your military,tht thy are ghost now thy are not muslims.SHUT the f**k up you dunce.GO out there and stop this menance and not this shambolic rhetoric tht exudes cluelessness and hopelessness.You are the PRESIDENT for crying out loud.
The next thng you will say is tht we shuld learn to live with the BOKO menace and tht you can no longer fund the security agencies in fighting the BOKO Cabal,like you chickened out against the oil subsidy cabal.GOD is our sin so bad for you to have foisted this fool on us,Pleas 4giv our sins we are tired of this slowpoke grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if only you know what you've heaped upon your miserable self! I Pity you.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 01, 2013
POLICE CAP: President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that members of the Boko Haram sect were not Muslims because no true adherents of Islam would subject the country to killings, bombings and other gory attacks the way they had done..

SARCASM!! grin

u are indeed the only one in here that understood the presidents speech.
most people in here seems very clueless in their comments as well. SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM.

he used that to set up those northern leaders who are Muslims that are demanding for amnesty for terrorist, it simply means that no true Muslim will support killings of innocent lives and those calling for amnesty for such killers are either fake Muslims or supporters of terrorism meaning only fake Muslims will give the crises at hand a religious dimension. the meaning of his words in that speech is so deep in meaning and i feel that those whom he made that speech for fully understood him properly unlike most commentators here that are busy interpreting all manner of things in here.

waiting for the response of all terrorist supporters that hide under the Vail of Islam.
every1 keeps talking about amnesty and no one is talking about justice for Christ sake.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by simdam500(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2013
My oga on his seat... R u sure
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2013
oloriooko: President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that members of the Boko Haram sect were not Muslims because no true adherents of Islam would subject the country to killings, bombings and other gory attacks the way they had done.

From their modus operandi, Jonathan stated that the sect members were products of international terrorism and “not members of Islam or any other religion in Nigeria.

“Those who mindlessly and indiscriminately attack worship places, schools, health workers, motor-parks, banks and ordinary road users must be seen as they truly are: the brainwashed pawns of international terrorism.

They do not represent any true religion or section of the country and we must never play into their hands by succumbing to their nefarious ploys to incite religious, ethnic hatred and division among us,” the president stated.

In his Easter message to Nigerians yesterday, Jonathan urged Nigerians who he described as “dear countrymen and women” to continue to exhibit restraint and understanding in the face of seeming provocations.

“We must have peace, security and stability to effectively implement our agenda for national transformation in all parts of the country and we shall continue to work ceaselessly to re-establish the prerequisite conditions for nationwide progress and development.”

Assuring Nigerians of the federal government’s commitment to peace in the country, the president said security agencies and the armed forces would protect the unity and territorial integrity of the country.

He said, “It follows, therefore, that to successfully achieve our vision of becoming one of the most dominant nations on the global stage in the shortest possible time, we must stay together as a people and continue to effectively resist by all possible means, the evil machinations of global terrorists and their misguided domestic accomplices who seek to provoke turmoil, hatred and harmful divisions among us.

“I assure Nigerians that our security agencies, armed forces and I will continue to fully discharge our constitutional responsibilities of protecting the unity and territorial integrity of this country with all the powers and forces at our disposal.”

On Easter celebration, Jonathan said, “I greet and felicitate with you all as we celebrate Easter which commemorates the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ after his redemptive self-sacrifice for the eternal salvation of mankind.

Irrespective of our religion or faith, all holidays provide us with a fresh opportunity to establish stronger bonds with our family, friends and all those around us for more enduring, harmonious and beneficial relationships.

“As we celebrate this year’s Easter, I urge all Nigerians to rededicate themselves to living in peace and oneness with all members of their communities no matter their ethnicity, religious beliefs or places of origin.”

Forget amnesty for Boko Haram – Northern CAN
Meanwhile, the publicity secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the northern states, Elder Sunday Oibe yesterday maintained that there was no need for any amnesty for members of Boko Haram.

He spoke to journalists in Kaduna while reacting to a statement credited to the Anglican Bishop of Wusasa Diocese, Bishop Buba Lamido, who had call for an overhaul of the Christian body over its position on amnesty.

According to Oibe, “the Anglican bishop does not understand what amnesty means.

It’s on good note to know that all the politicians that have been accused, arrested and those who have been facing trial, including the ones that there houses have been destroyed and carry ammunition are all politicians from the same part of the country.

World Muslim League tasks Nigerians on peaceful co-existence
And after days of deliberations by scholars from within and outside Nigeria, the World Muslim League (WML) has advised Nigerians to rekindle the once mutual understanding which existed amongst them irrespective of their religion, creed and region.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/51182/2013/03/31/boko_haram_are_not_muslims_jonathan.html

But ofcourse, Boko Haram are not muslims but PAGAN9JAs' brothers. This guy GEJ is such a FUNNY @SS! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by deandavid(m): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2013
What's wrong with Nigerians? The president just used that statement to mean, boko haram aint following any regious teaching to my understanding, who doesnt knw terrorist claim to be doing allah's work, but the fact is they are false muslims, just as we have witches, rubbers, kidnappers and other evil elements who go to church, as a christian i wont call, such persons christians, and i will rather say, they should be caught, tried and killed or given approriate punishment instead of amnesty, so also muslim wont call bokoharam muslims, and thats what our president is doing. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ewet: 10:13am On Apr 01, 2013
Rexxie:
if only you know what you've heaped upon your miserable self! I Pity you.
You pity me or you pity us for being in such a pitiable mess with this slowpoke GEJ?
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ajaolopa: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2013
tomakint: Yeah we all know that, they are just followers of Muhammad and worshipers of Allah undecided
yes dats what we are and not someone who doesnt know the difference btw d Creator and one of His creations...
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by LeJeun3: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2013
They are not Muslims, they are Bayelsans.............Kara!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tpapi: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2013
chucky234: The fact that all known terrorists are Muslims is an open secret and gives your clueless president out,all the bombings recorded around the world since the beginning of terror has been traced to one Muslims terrorist sect or another.
GEJ is just clueless and confused,simple.
from ur comment I can see u sound so intelligent, ODE
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by presh2mos: 10:16am On Apr 01, 2013
If he GEJ have so much info on dis guys, why cant he tackle it out
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by HassanAJibril(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2013
. What in small word!it shows you"Tomakint" or what ever you call your miserable self you are an illiterate fool forever and bloodly idiot better go back to school jor!
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Vado(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2013
mbhs139:

I don't see why anybody should be calling for Amnesty for a group that has not shown remorse for all the atrocities they have committed. Those calling for their amnesty most have been their financiers after all. How can you be begging for someone to be pardon that person kept on committing the same offence without bleak-in-eye-lid.

I'm a Muslim, and I don't care whether BH are Muslims or not. Govt should deal with them decisively according to the laws of the land or the Sharia. According to the Sharia, it is a sin against God to pick up arms against your country, fellow country men, or people of other religion when they have no hinder you from performing your own religious duties.

So, BH should be decisively dealt with. That's my position. No amnesty, unless they come out in the open, lay down their arms, and apologise for all their atrocities, then we can start talking of Amnesty; they should be the first to make the move, we'll then take them like the prodigal son who has come to their senses. Otherwise, the bombings continue!

Good post, God bless u.

P.S Their crimes are federal and the constitution is still supreme so terrorists cannot be tried under shariah laws.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by blackmale(m): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2013
brownlord:

If not tht i have someone answering this name Olalekan, i for sware for you and entire generation for this ur stupidity wen u dey sale to public at no cost
bro,, it hink the guy is refering to gej as a fool, not you,,, but he didnt arrange the quote well,, in y opinion
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by DIYTechnologies: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2013
This statement, oga Jona, is both political and diplomatic. An attempt to avoid stepping on the toes of northern political and religious juggernauts. But I doubt if these kind political and diplomatic statements (instead of calling a spade, a spade) will ever make them shift their resolve concerning your ticket in 2015.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by deandavid(m): 10:24am On Apr 01, 2013
noblezone: How come this generation is so naive?

The President spoke in his office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
This man by the statement has thrown a "nuclear bomb" to the Bokos and their sponsors.

By saying that they are not moslems, this will put any moslem leader defending Boko Haram or calling for amnesty to silence, else, the person must come forward and explain more.

Secondly, by calling them brainwashed ( Wow! i LOVE THAT PART), the president has once more shown me the reason I voted for him. Those comparing the ND militants and the brain washed Bokos must have their heads examined. I love you Jonathan!

Hammer them!

Did someone ask about amnesty?

No sir! these guys are brainwashed! Amnesty won't do them any good.

On a very serious note: This fight is not only fought with booms and guns. Mr. President has shown a superior Armour when it comes to Psychological Warfare.

Any one who finds this pronouncement that is very very Presidential, is neither naive or simply mischievous!
God bless ur soul sir, am glad we still people who have brain in this country, in my previous post i even went further to break down what GEJ meant by his statement using the analogy of thieves and killers who attend church, and call themselves christian, of which they are not, so like u said the president's speech has deep psychological meaning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Nigeria For New York / Kogi West Senate Rerun: PDP Rejects Nov 30 Supplementary Poll / EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.