Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091203 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by encryptjay(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2016
Vickyydera:
this is why I keep advising people to watch more of Hollywood movies, a time will come when you won't need subtitle. I don't use ear phone for long cos I have ear problem yet still I hear them well and understand their English.
Or he watches to much of Korean and Indian series grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2016
Vickyydera:
I started watching it this year from season 1-6

Did you watch S1 - S5 all at once? Binge-watching like that will give you sensory overload - youre just watching to see what happens next - so you never really experience the emotional attachment the rest of us developed while the show grew and unfolded.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2016
Shout out to Summer. A true hero. Game of thrones writers really hate those direwolves. Its like they had a conversation before writing the episode and were like...
First writer: How many direwolves are left?
Second writer: Well, we have Summer and G...
First writer: That's too many. Let's kill him off. While you're at it, take off Hodor too. 6 years is enough
Rip Summer

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2016
JhyMedex:
U know who she is
She's a REAVER
She's a WARRIOR
She's IRONBORN!!!
Theon is back!!!!
Away with Reek...

DIS GUY IS GOOD WITH SPEECHES
RECALL SEASON 2 SPEECH AT WINTERFELL...

BEST WAR CRY OF THE SERIES...

You mean the one were he was thumped on the head and knocked out cold right afterwards? grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2016
While we're at it, I would really like to drop this.
Bran didn't warg into the younger Hodor first. Its was the action of warging into the 'present' Hodor that made the 'past' Hodor enter a trance and the whole 'hold the door' stuff came up
Thank you...Let the arguments begin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 8:15pm On May 23, 2016
JhyMedex:
U know who she is
She's a REAVER
She's a WARRIOR
She's IRONBORN!!!
Theon is back!!!!
Away with Reek...

DIS GUY IS GOOD WITH SPEECHES
RECALL SEASON 2 SPEECH AT WINTERFELL...

BEST WAR CRY OF THE SERIES...
I disagree.His speech was quite good but definitely not the best.Tyrion's ''they say I'm half a man'' speech at the battle of Blackwater and Ser Alliser Thorne's speech when Mance Rayder attacked Castle Black were better.Ser Alliser's speech is the best in my opinion. ''Brothers, a hundred generations have defended this castle, she has never fallen and she will not fall tonight...''
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 8:19pm On May 23, 2016
Gbola5:

Dany's claim would be through conquest, she does not have "A better claim."
Really? I don't really like Dany but who has a better claim than her?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stainlex(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2016
Endy10:

I don't think its dumb. Its actually genius. Time itself is infinite, which means the past, present and future are currently happening at the same time. Bran being a warg, was able to tap into that blackhole, that connects every aspect of time together. Therefore actions in anytime (past, present, future) affect themselves. Bran warging into Hodor in the present while having a connection with the past created a time warp where the actions of the present affect the past, hence 'the past hodor' feeling the effects. According to the bloodraven, the ink of the past is set and dry, because of this, the action of the present affecting the past is so intense that it literally broke 'past' Hodor's mind. Now due to the past being changed, it carries this effect to the future, which is the present(Hodor holding the door).

I felt a headache after typing this

Try this.
If Bran hadn't tampered with Hodor's past (as was revealed in this episode), Hodor wouldn't have been able to save his life on a few occasions and serve as his 'wheelchair', enabling him to get to the weirwood and meet the 3-eyed Raven, and consequently fücking things up for the white walkers to attack the weirwood and create an opportunity for Bran to mess Hodor's mind up by getting him to 'Hold the Door'....
My eye dey turn me abeg..lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2016
stainlex:

Try this.
If Bran hadn't tampered with Hodor's past (as was revealed in this episode), Hodor wouldn't have been able to save his life on a few occasions and serve as his 'wheelchair', enabling him to get to the weirwood and meet the 3-eyed Raven, and consequently fücking things up for the white walkers to attack the weirwood and create an opportunity for Bran to mess Hodor's mind up by getting him to 'Hold the Door'....
Oh God! My head is spinning. Someone help me

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 8:56pm On May 23, 2016
Endy10:
Bran didn't warg into the younger Hodor first. Its was the action of warging into the 'present' Hodor that made the 'past' Hodor enter a trance and the whole 'hold the door' stuff came up
So Bran wargs into Hodor — but crucially, he does it
while he's still observing the past. Bran is watching the
past and controlling Hodor's body in the present at the
same time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2016
Anyone notice something strange about Meera? What's she made of? A CotF used a weapon on a WW but the weapon couldn't hurt the WW. Whereas Meera used same weapon on the WW and the WW was iced and eliminated. What's Meera role in the wars to come? Is she Jon Snow's twin sister? Remember Jon Snow have also killed a WW albeit using a Valyrian steel.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This seems to make sense.But Willas was already Hodor before Bran was even born.
Yes, Bran didn't really exist when Wylis became Hodor, but since he warged into Young Wylis and Old Hodor at the same time, he connected the two of them across time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:11pm On May 23, 2016
ilynem:

As in eh? The hotness of this new red woman is something else. That red god surely has tastes
All na format. Melisandre sef is an old hag with a wrinkled body. Her tantalizing body na borrow-pose. Lol grin
This one na another format abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
Gbola5:

Its a time loop paradox.
Exactly. Have you guys seen Predestination (2014)? Or read Heinlein's All You Zombies? Cc @ranchhoddas

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Really? I don't really like Dany but who has a better claim than her?

Tommen ! He's sitting on it.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
oyetpel:
Anyone notice something strange about Meera? What's she made of? A CotF used a weapon on a WW but the weapon couldn't hurt the WW. Whereas Meera used same weapon on the WW and the WW was iced and eliminated. What's Meera role in the wars to come? Is she Jon Snow's twin sister? Remember Jon Snow have also killed a WW using Valyrian steel.

She made an Obsidian spear from the ones Sam gave them.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2016
Gbola5:

Actually they do, which was why Arya went blind.

No, she went blind because she wasn't worthy, Not because she didn't know how to use it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2016
oyetpel:

So Bran wargs into Hodor — but crucially, he does it
while he's still observing the past. Bran is watching the
past and controlling Hodor's body in the present at the
same time.
Yes. And I think I smell an argument coming so I'll clear it up for you.
Bran hears Meera call to him while still observing the past with the three eyed raven. He then tell Bran to listen to his friend
Note: when Bran does warg into Hodor, its the 'present' Hordor gets the 'white eyes' first. He carries Bran until he gets to the door. Its at this point while holding the door that the 'past' Hodor, who I still clearly himself sees Bran and enters into that trance

So yes, Bran wargs into 'present' Hodor and not 'past' Hodor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2016
kay9:

Yes, it is indeed a time paradox, but Bran started the events that led to the loop when he went "green-seeing" unsupervised. Well, Hodor has successfully held the door (as intended), so the loop has now closed on itself.
We probably shouldn't assume that this will be the only time loop in the series. Maybe Bran has also caused other problems that we haven't traced yet.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2016
gj22:

No, she went blind because she wasn't worthy, Not because she didn't know how to use it.

You learn to control your facial muscles and add some glamour to it, not to mention play a role. Takes more than just wearing the face.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:21pm On May 23, 2016
UjSizzle:

Hmm that's some theory.
The possibility that Bran is all the Bran's from the past. And of utmost importance to know that he has a link to the past and is capable of affecting changes.
Then again, the past is already written and the ink is dry, and the future...
Bran sure has a lot to do with what's happening on this show. All the weird things happening undecided

Meanwhile, why does the whitewalkers want him and the three-eyed raven dead? Their abilities must hold some damning truths for their existence.

He is not really affecting changes tho. The idea (so far) is that what ever he does has already happened in the past. It is a closed loop. Like in lost or the time travelers wife.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 9:25pm On May 23, 2016
Gbola5:

Tommen ! He's sitting on it.
Gbola5 don come again(funny name by the way)
Tommen has no right or claim to the iron throne. After all he is not a Stag.
Danny on the other hand might feel she has a claim because her father initially sat on the throne before he was overthrown. Her blood therefore is royalty.
If you oppose my theory then you are in essence saying the starks no longer have a claim to the north, cause they were overthrown by the Boltons

I hear that Mic drop
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2016
stainlex:

Bro, but there's nothing stopping the 3-eyed Raven from telling Bran what would happen if he warged without his guidance..The man sef too dey code info!

I think what happened was that the 3 eyed raven was watching the white walkers unseen then bran tapped.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2016
stainlex:

Try this.
Lmao grin grin grin

I should have known that this ability of Bran to warg into Hodor should have something to do with the entire plot.

Endy10:
I don't think Bran could have warged into Wylis because Wylis was more human than "basic animal" before his mind got fractured, even though he was "slow". So, Bran destroyed Wylis mind in the future, thus turning him into Hodor in the past, and THAT is why he could warg into Hodor. If he hadn't fractured Wylis mind, he wouldn't have been able to warg into Hodor later. That's really sad.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 9:28pm On May 23, 2016
Gbola5:

She made an Obsidian spear from the ones Sam gave them.
One of the CotF also used the spear, but it didn't work.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:33pm On May 23, 2016
Seun:
What exactly happened there with Hodor? I'm quite confused. How did his decision to hold the door in the present affect him in the past?

Basically, bran warged past Hodor (willys) to gain access to present Hodor. This must have messed up his mind and caused the seizures which made him simple minded.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:34pm On May 23, 2016
stainlex:

Bro, but there's nothing stopping the 3-eyed Raven from telling Bran what would happen if he warged without his guidance..The man sef too dey code info!
If you can see into the future and the past, you better know how to code info or else you will cause many problems. Some mistakes MUST be made, but if people know they will try to avoid these mistakes or try to take advantage of profits - and things will get ruined.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:37pm On May 23, 2016
gj22:

I think what happened was that the 3 eyed raven was watching the white walkers unseen then bran tapped.
I agree with this. Na lookulooku dey worry that boy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:38pm On May 23, 2016
maputohq:

more like a cycle. the past controls the future which also controls the past. that scene is a dumb one.

No, it's not a dumb one.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2016
Arya is in the right place. All that wild-eyedness and stubbornness will be flogged and commanded out of her life. Meanwhile Sansa hasn't learnt her lessons, she is still trusting Little Finger.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2016
Endy10:

Gbola5 don come again(funny name by the way)
Tommen has no right or claim to the iron throne. After all he is not a Stag.
Danny on the other hand might feel she has a claim because her father initially sat on the throne before he was overthrown. Her blood therefore is royalty.
If you oppose my theory then you are in essence saying the starks no longer have a claim to the north, cause they were overthrown by the Boltons

I hear that Mic drop

The Targaryens were overthrown in Robert's Rebellion. The Baratheon line is now the ruling family. We all know Tommen isn't a Baratheon, but with noone to oppose him he has the claim. Dany a Targaryen can only reconquer the Iron Throne from the Baratheons, which is what she's about doing. Her claim will be by conquest, besides whoever is sitting on the throne is not going to abdicate on her behalf because she's a Targaryen. The only claim you have is the claim you force. As for the Starks, they were not conquered, they were betrayed, but they would still need to retake/reconquer the North.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:41pm On May 23, 2016
Endy10:

I don't think its dumb. Its actually genius. Time itself is infinite, which means the past, present and future are currently happening at the same time. Bran being a warg, was able to tap into that blackhole, that connects every aspect of time together. Therefore actions in anytime (past, present, future) affect themselves. Bran warging into Hodor in the present while having a connection with the past created a time warp where the actions of the present affect the past, hence 'the past hodor' feeling the effects. According to the bloodraven, the ink of the past is set and dry, because of this, the action of the present affecting the past is so intense that it literally broke 'past' Hodor's mind. Now due to the past being changed, it carries this effect to the future, which is the present(Hodor holding the door).

I felt a headache after typing this

He warged into past Hodor (willys) and not the other way round. That's what messed up Hodor's mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.