Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1093444 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2016
Why risk going against the nortb it they could be our allies? Rise up against them and could destroy us. But if we plegde fealty to them, they will gjve us Casterly Rock. - Theon Greyjoy talking to his father in Season 2 episode 3..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:11am On May 25, 2016
oyetpel:
Why risk going against the nortb it they could be our allies? Rise up against them and could destroy us. But if we plegde fealty to them, they will gjve us Casterly Rock. - Theon Greyjoy talking to his father in Season 2 episode 3..

I'd forgotten about the Young Wolf's proposal through Theon; if only Balon had listened... But the Ironborn will always be Ironborn - stubborn to the point of stupidity, prefering to reave and plunder rather than ally and win.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 7:16am On May 25, 2016
Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors since i cannot prove that you are not mine. Tywin Lannister to Tyrion in GoT S3E1.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 7:19am On May 25, 2016
cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bilany(f): 7:42am On May 25, 2016
I found this scene surprisingly beautiful. In a brutal, horribly uncomfortable sort of way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 7:56am On May 25, 2016
It would be great to see a white walker Hodor!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2016
RamsayBolton:
more like a Wight Hodor....that would be ugly and heartbreaking thou...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 8:18am On May 25, 2016
gj22:

Lol. Is steel or glass supposed to be formed under extreme cold before?

Regular steel swords cannot Kill a Wight or White Walker, just a regular rock cannot kill those creatures.

Valyrian steel is forged with Dragon flame. Obsidian is called Dragonglass

This association with dragons implies that they have extreme heat as imbued attributes

So basically fire to deal with the minions and 'hotter items' to deal with the ogas at the top.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:45am On May 25, 2016
RamsayBolton:
That would be heartbreaking sad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:19am On May 25, 2016
I am not really enjoying this season of GOT, many plot lines look so unrealistic and convenient like the parts involving Daenerys.
I feel the suspense and thrill of previous seasons is less in this one.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:38am On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

Regular steel swords cannot Kill a Wight or White Walker, just a regular rock cannot kill those creatures.

Valyrian steel is forged with Dragon flame. Obsidian is called Dragonglass

This association with dragons implies that they have extreme heat as imbued attributes

So basically fire to deal with the minions and 'hotter items' to deal with the ogas at the top.

It has more to do with their magical properties than how hot the fire was when they were forged.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 11:39am On May 25, 2016
Sometimes when people say they don't feel the suspense and thrill f this season, I wonder if its Game of Thrones they are watching. I can't think of any episode from this season that is boring and doesn't contains WTF moment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by maputohq: 11:48am On May 25, 2016
siempere:
more like a Wight Hodor....that would be ugly and heartbreaking thou...
what's d difference between a white walker and a wight?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 11:56am On May 25, 2016
gj22:

It has more to do with their magical properties than how hot the fire was when they were forged.

Obsidian is a naturally formed volcanic glass. I doubt that it has any 'magical properties'. Granite and Obsidian are both naturally formed from Lava. Only one of them is associated with dragons.

The key thing here is to note that both are associated with Dragons...hence 'heat'

Obsidian - Dragonglass
Valyrian Steel - Dragon flame

The theme is repeated several times in the series...most notably in Quarth when the masked woman described Dragons as 'Fire Made Flesh'.
As you know, Danaerys is strongly associated with Dragons, and fire.

Conversely, the White Walkers are also Ice made flesh...as we see them shatter into Ice when they die. This also empasized by their ice blue eyes, icy skin, Icy crown, and their icy environment.

Basically anything described as Dragon-related in the GoT universe is symbolic of extreme heat...Just as the White walkers are symbolic of extreme cold

Fire vs Wight = Lv1
Dragon anything vs White Walker = Lv2

I'm done with the explaining
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2016
maputohq:

white walkers are d guys with cold skins and supernatural powers....they control and rule d wights...who are just zombies raised fem d dead....for warring purposes....

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 12:39pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

They are vulnerable to fire related items.

Valyrian steel and obsidian are both formed under extreme heat.
Not necessarily extreme heat-dragonfire
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 12:45pm On May 25, 2016
oyetpel:
Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors since i cannot prove that you are not mine. Tywin Lannister to Tyrion in GoT S3E1.
...and to teach me humility the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him.But neither gods nor men will ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse...I actually memorized the whole speech.Lord Tywin remains my favourite GOT character.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 12:48pm On May 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
...and to teach me humility the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him.But neither gods nor men will ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse...I actually memorized the whole speech.Lord Tywin remains my favourite GOT character.
Good
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

Obsidian is a naturally formed volcanic glass. I doubt that it has any 'magical properties'. Granite and Obsidian are both naturally formed from Lava. Only one of them is associated with dragons.

The key thing here is to note that both are associated with Dragons...hence 'heat'

Obsidian - Dragonglass
Valyrian Steel - Dragon flame

The theme is repeated several times in the series...most notably in Quarth when the masked woman described Dragons as 'Fire Made Flesh'.
As you know, Danaerys is strongly associated with Dragons, and fire.

Conversely, the White Walkers are also Ice made flesh...as we see them shatter into Ice when they die. This also empasized by their ice blue eyes, icy skin, Icy crown, and their icy environment.

Basically anything described as Dragon-related in the GoT universe is symbolic of extreme heat...Just as the White walkers are symbolic of extreme cold

Fire vs Wight = Lv1
Dragon anything vs White Walker = Lv2

I'm done with the explaining

Okay. I understand what you are saying. So, are you saying that fire, and other elements can also kill WW?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2016
Vorpal:

Then we can agree Hodor has achieved his own victory. No need blaming Bran
Of course Hodor served his purposes well. This does not mean Bran was not the cause of his mental instability and eventual death.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by InesQor(m): 3:47pm On May 25, 2016
kay9:

Time loops always make a messy storyline... and rarely looks as cool in a book. I suspect this "Hold the door" theme will play out differently in the book, which would imply this was just a one off by D & D (classic though it was, textbook perfect in fact!). In summary, I don't expect any more of it cos D & D aren't playing too far off from the source material - and the SOURCE of the source material (GRRM) doesn't do cliches.

GRRM planned it this way, so I expect the Hold the Door thing to be exactly that way in the books.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/how-george-rr-martin-had-game-of-thrones-hold-the-door-moment-pl/

In fact, it's an idea that can definitely be traced at least three years back. Blogger Michael A Ventrella (who’s also an author) accidentally guessed Hodor’s origins back in 2013, when he had a chat with Martin in a lift at a convention. The conversation was largely a joke, as the pair had kept meeting in the same lift and Martin had made a throwaway comment about once wanting to be an elevator operator.

Then, according to Ventrella, they had this interaction:

Ventrella: I finally figured out why you have a character named “Hodor.”

Martin: Oh?

Ventrella: I was thinking about your comment about wanting to be an elevator operator. It’s clear to me now that “Hodor” is short for “Hold the door”.

Martin: (laughing) You don’t know how close to the truth you are!

So Bran, one of the few innocent Game of Thrones characters, was actually responsible for the psychological breakdown and death of his beloved friend – and George RR Martin had it planned it all along.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2016
For the first time ever, the showrunners of HBO’s Game of Thrones are “apologizing” for an episode.

Emmy-winning writer-producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss sent a video statement into ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday night to express their sincere regret over the impact of Sunday’s hour, “The Door,” which concluded with the shocking death of the lovable Hodor (Krisitan Nairn).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2016
Did anybody read meanings into sansa's words in dis last episode because Sansa told Littlefinger that Ramsay tortured her however he liked as long as she could still give him an heir. She adds, “I can still feel what he did in my body, standing here right now.” and she also makes herself new clothing and she even had problems with the Night’s Watch’s food....i hope she isn't pregnant with Ramsay's child oh.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2016
maputohq:

Wights are dead bodies reanimated by white walkers to populate their army. White walkers were created originally by cotf, but from previous episode it seems they are able to create more of themselves from baby boys (Craster's keep).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 5:29pm On May 25, 2016
Did anyone notice that for the first time in history on Game of thrones, we were gifted the sight of a pen*s. I guess the producers decided to do a one off after the complains of theme showing only female part. Over to you ladies...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2016
siempere:
Did anybody read meanings into sansa's words in dis last episode because Sansa told Littlefinger that Ramsay tortured her however he liked as long as she could still give him an heir. She adds, “I can still feel what he did in my body, standing here right now.” and she also makes herself new clothing and she even had problems with the Night’s Watch’s food....i hope she isn't pregnant with Ramsay's child oh.....
You're so on point. No be small tinz. Ramsay 2.0 possibly loading inside Sansa.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

swords r formed under extreme heat
its d properties of d metal not necessarily d heat Abi d heat remain?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2016
Kaycee7:
You're so on point. No be small tinz. Ramsay 2.0 possibly loading inside Sansa.
Fingers crossed bro...make we dey look dem nah...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2016
Nihilist:

swords r formed under extreme heat
its d properties of d metal not necessarily d heat Abi d heat remain?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2016
gj22:

There's no way she hasn't heard.

it's very very possible she hasn't No talk of Dragons in d north talk less of d Wall

My surprise is she hasn't seen it in d flames
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:15pm On May 25, 2016
kay9:

I'd forgotten about the Young Wolf's proposal through Theon; if only Balon had listened... But the Ironborn will always be Ironborn - stubborn to the point of stupidity, prefering to reave and plunder rather than ally and win.

the way a man chooses to live his life shouldn't b termed stupidity, yu can call it perception, principle or way of life ... if dey won yu won't term it stupid Nonetheless I suggest yu read d book d Iron born r still very much in d game
Ujs*..*
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:18pm On May 25, 2016
oyetpel:

Ujs no vex in advance
*...*
Tyrion is more like Tywin than any other of his children I told him to his face n he didn't speak to me for a year ... Tyrion's aunt to d Kingdlayer (her nephew)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.