Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091240 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2016
Endy10:
Sometimes when people say they don't feel the suspense and thrill f this season, I wonder if its Game of Thrones they are watching. I can't think of any episode from this season that is boring and doesn't contains WTF moment

its mostly from those who have read d book
n if yu do you'd understand
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
...and to teach me humility the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him.But neither gods nor men will ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse...I actually memorized the whole speech.Lord Tywin remains my favourite GOT character.

nice .. ve yu read d books
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2016
InesQor:

GRRM planned it this way, so I expect the Hold the Door thing to be exactly that way in the books.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/how-george-rr-martin-had-game-of-thrones-hold-the-door-moment-pl/

it may not be as we're told bran can't change d past well we await d book
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2016
moski5:

its mostly from those who have read d book
n if yu do you'd understand
I've read the books, admittedly it was after the show, but the show has finally caught up with the books and even passed it. Those complaining are talking about the present season. I guess you are a book reader, and if you are one, you'd agree with me that this season has been nothing short of breathtaking. The only part that wasn't really shocking was Jon snow coming back to life, because many predicted he would. Numerous questions that have been asked for years are finally been answered, and the ultimate battle for the iron throne is shaping up to be one that will be talked about for years. Saying this season has been underwhelming in my opinion is a poor reflection on ones ability to comprehend this great series.
P.S Show me one book reader that wasn't happy to finally see those dragons they've been imagining for so many years. And they are still gonna get bigger!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 7:44pm On May 25, 2016
moski5:

it may not be as we're told bran can't change d past well we await d book

Actually Bran cant change anything because 'the ink is already dry'. This is what happened; teen Hodor wargs Older Hodor through Bran. So teen Hodor is the one holding the door, and dies, leaving a broken Hodor in the past. Teen Hodors consciousness never returned because he died in the body of his older self.

His consciousness never returns.
siempere:
Fingers crossed bro...make we dey look dem nah...
That child of Ramsay and Sansa will be the future of the North.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 7:54pm On May 25, 2016
moski5:

nice .. ve yu read d books
Thanks. Yes I have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 8:03pm On May 25, 2016
RamsayBolton:

Actually Bran cant change anything because 'the ink is already dry'. This is what happened; teen Hodor wargs Older Hodor through Bran. So teen Hodor is the one holding the door, and dies, leaving a broken Hodor in the past. Teen Hodors consciousness never returned because he died in the body of his older self.

lolz...u wish....I hope Sansa aborts d fvcking tin...if it's already planted...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2016
fellis:
I am not really enjoying this season of GOT, many plot lines look so unrealistic and convenient like the parts involving Daenerys.
I feel the suspense and thrill of previous seasons is less in this one.

That's exactly what I said in the first six episodes of Season 5... (but Episode, 7,8 and the last episode had more suspense in season 5)...
That been said are you trying to tell me you knew or predicted Hodors death in S6E05 of GOT?? Well there's always a law of diminishing return in everything we do (I guess the law just caught up with u)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 25, 2016
InesQor:

Of course Hodor served his purposes well. This does not mean Bran was not the cause of his mental instability and eventual death.

Yes, which was a prerequisite for him to fulfill his victory. In a way, Bran helped him achieve his victory.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by djlaqua91(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2016
Bran the destroyer. Killed Hodor, killed 3 eyed raven, killed children of the forest, sent Osha and rickon(still alive for now) to their deaths. And now with the mark on his hand will lead the white walkers to cross the wall and finish everyone in Westeros and Essos.
Thank you Bran, I hate you more than Olly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ranchhoddas: 11:22pm On May 25, 2016
It's suprising that no one is talking about Euron's coronation.I really loved the priest's (Aeron I presume) speech.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 12:43am On May 26, 2016
onto the next episode have y'all read the reviews from the trailer.....seems we'll be seeing a bit of the tower of joy scenes.....and maybe Benjen stark...to help out Bran d Destroyer....and plainly beautiful Meera......
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2016
moski5:

the way a man chooses to live his life shouldn't b termed stupidity, yu can call it perception, principle or way of life ... if dey won yu won't term it stupid Nonetheless I suggest yu read d book d Iron born r still very much in d game
Ujs*..*

"the way a man chooses to live his life shouldn't b termed stupidity..." Ok, good point there, I admit. But there's this definition of stupidity: Doing something the same way over and over, and expecting a different result. The ironborn have been reaving and pillaging for thousands of years, and each time they attempt to forge further inland or hold territories on the mainland, some (mainland) lord or king comes around and beats them all the way back to Pyke. Even Balon tried it just after Robert Baratheon took the Iron throne, and he lost all but one son to it. And yet there he was trying it again during the War of Five Kings. But hey, we all know how that ended when the Boltons showed up, don't we? Now if that's not stupidity, then I don't know what it is.

Oh, and yes, I have read the books. Euron has a "grand plan" that Victarion is supposed to make happen, innit? Abeg jor, tell me something else. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:28am On May 26, 2016
Nihilist:

Regular steel swords cannot Kill a Wight or White Walker, just a regular rock cannot kill those creatures.

Valyrian steel is forged with Dragon flame. Obsidian is called Dragonglass

This association with dragons implies that they have extreme heat as imbued attributes

So basically fire to deal with the minions and 'hotter items' to deal with the ogas at the top.

@ the bolded... May I ask the source of that statement, brother?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2016
Nihilist:

Obsidian is a naturally formed volcanic glass. I doubt that it has any 'magical properties'. Granite and Obsidian are both naturally formed from Lava. Only one of them is associated with dragons.

The key thing here is to note that both are associated with Dragons...hence 'heat'

Obsidian - Dragonglass
Valyrian Steel - Dragon flame

The theme is repeated several times in the series...most notably in Quarth when the masked woman described Dragons as 'Fire Made Flesh'.
As you know, Danaerys is strongly associated with Dragons, and fire.

Conversely, the White Walkers are also Ice made flesh...as we see them shatter into Ice when they die. This also empasized by their ice blue eyes, icy skin, Icy crown, and their icy environment.

Basically anything described as Dragon-related in the GoT universe is symbolic of extreme heat...Just as the White walkers are symbolic of extreme cold

Fire vs Wight = Lv1
Dragon anything vs White Walker = Lv2

I'm done with the explaining

You're building quite the House of Cards here, brother... It even has Levels 1 and 2? smiley cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2016
Endy10:
Did anyone notice that for the first time in history on Game of thrones, we were gifted the sight of a pen*s. I guess the producers decided to do a one off after the complains of theme showing only female part. Over to you ladies...

It wasn't the first time... not even the second. Off head, I can remember seeing the male member during Cersei's walk of shame last season, and way back in season 1 when that wineseller that tried to poison Dany was dragged around naked at Vaes Dothrak

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2016
RamsayBolton:

teen hodor wargs tru Bran HuH
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2016
Endy10:

I've read the books, admittedly it was after the show, but the show has finally caught up with the books and even passed it. Those complaining are talking about the present season. I guess you are a book reader, and if you are one, you'd agree with me that this season has been nothing short of breathtaking. The only part that wasn't really shocking was Jon snow coming back to life, because many predicted he would. Numerous questions that have been asked for years are finally been answered, and the ultimate battle for the iron throne is shaping up to be one that will be talked about for years. Saying this season has been underwhelming in my opinion is a poor reflection on ones ability to comprehend this great series.
P.S Show me one book reader that wasn't happy to finally see those dragons they've been imagining for so many years. And they are still gonna get bigger!

I lost interest in d show from season 4 because or d deviations n Xter assassination I just couldn't stand it n I bliv some book readers r like me
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by maputohq: 9:11am On May 26, 2016
djlaqua91:
Bran the destroyer. Killed Hodor, killed 3 eyed raven, killed children of the forest, sent Osha and rickon(still alive for now) to their deaths. And now with the mark on his hand will lead the white walkers to cross the wall and finish everyone in Westeros and Essos.
bran is the real bastard.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2016
moski5:

I lost interest in d show from season 4 because or d deviations n Xter assassination I just couldn't stand it n I bliv some book readers r like me
Its the unexpected killings of these characters that made u come back for more. You saw Ned's death, Rob and and his Mom followed, the viper died and u were still watching. After Jon Snow's death you swore fire and brimestone but u came back to see if would be ressurected. Now Hodor is 'dead', but I bet you'd be among the first set of persons to download episode 6. Its the unexpected that brings you back. The fact that you persisted through all the killings up to this season shows the show is anything but boring.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2016
Endy10:

Its the unexpected killings of these characters that made u come back for more. You saw Ned's death, Rob and and his Mom followed, the viper died and u were still watching. After Jon Snow's death you swore fire and brimestone but u came back to see if would be ressurected. Now Hodor is 'dead', but I bet you'd be among the first set of persons to download episode 6. Its the unexpected that brings you back. The fact that you persisted through all the killings up to this season shows the show is anything but boring.

I stopped downloading since season 4 though I get episodes from fans 2 browse tru I downloaded d Jon's awakening though

Xter assassination I was referring to was Mockery not killing
eg Stannis going to d Bankers, Obara kneeling n crying b4 ha uncle etc
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jmaine: 10:39am On May 26, 2016
Vickyydera:
what's with you guys and crying in episode 5? nothing to cry about pls.

I concur !!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 2:10pm On May 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's suprising that no one is talking about Euron's coronation.I really loved the priest's (Aeron I presume) speech.

That scene (and the whole iron island plot) doesn't make sense to me.

First, you heard the whole folks chanting Yara! Tara!! and 5 seconds later they are in support of the uncle who not only admitted to killing Balon but also making unverifiable claims and half-arsed idea of seducing Daenerys. Seriously? undecided undecided. Like one commenter said, dude is like the Donald Trump of Westeros, next thing you know he'll promising to build a wall and get the white walkers to pay for it.

Second, we were made to believe most of the islanders escaped with Yara and Theon during Euron's coronation which begs the question: If she had such enormous support, how did Euron win the kinsgmoot in the first place.

I wish Benioff and Weiss didn't introduce the Dorne (equally as stupid) and the Iron Island plots in the show.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Geist(m): 2:33pm On May 26, 2016
Santino1:

First, you heard the whole folks chanting Yara! Tara!! and 5 seconds later they are in support of the uncle who not only admitted to killing Balon but also making unverifiable claims and half-arsed idea of seducing Daenerys. Seriously? undecided undecided. Like one commenter said, dude is like the Donald Trump of Westeros, next thing you know he'll promising to build a wall and get the white walkers to pay for it.

Second, we were made to believe most of the islanders escaped with Yara and Theon during Euron's coronation which begs the question: If she had such enormous support, how did Euron win the kinsgmoot in the first place.

I wish Benioff and Weiss didn't introduce the Dorne (equally as stupid) and the Iron Island plots in the show.
I don't think yara left with most of the ironborn, it makes no sense for a larger force to runaway from a smaller force. I don't even think the show showed us the strength of the ironborn army. Also the characters in dorne could be shaping up for bigger plot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iykmora(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2016
Yara left with their best ships nd not most of d fighters. Agreed to d Iron islanders part being rubbish though.

Why would they even call her Yara to begin with?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamTo3i(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2016
Hodor

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iykmora(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2016
"I saved you. I saved this city and all your worthless lives. I should have let Stannis kill you all--

Nothing but this: I did not do it.

I did not kill Joffrey but I wish that I had. Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores.

I wish I was the monster you think I am. I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you. I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it.

I will not give my life for Joffrey's murder. And I know I'll get no justice here, so I will let the gods decide my fate....
I demand a trial by combat"

Tyrion my guy....pure kolo-mental

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2016
Santino1:

It was the Lords of Iron Island that was at the Kingsmoot not the whole Iron Island residents. Most Iron born soldiers are loyal to Yara but they cant make her queen because they are not Lords. If you recall how a Lord tackled her that they can't let a lady rule them, one also said Balon"s heir (i.e Theon) is still alive but Theon didn't want to be king . So when Euron came up to claim the salt throne they all accepted and being that he has the royal house blood. But i smell conspiracy too on the part of the priests and other Lords present that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frasser(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2016
In Euron's words " let's go murder them"... Thug life moment grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by datigbogirl: 5:23pm On May 26, 2016
Vickyydera:
ok nice meeting you.

Same here dear.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Asimiju: 5:34pm On May 26, 2016
djlaqua91:

I thought am the only one that hate olly, as for Bran. Jon snow is waiting for him whenever he leads the white walkers across the wall.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2016
kay9:

"the way a man chooses to live his life shouldn't b termed stupidity..." , innit? Abeg jor, tell me something else. smiley

r yu forgetting dey ve reached Old town n r raiding, dey r even close to high garden

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.