Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090212 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2015
ApexTitan:

Joffery wouldn't have done any better, that one was a coward too, he never proved himself with his wit or intelligence. All he did was prey on those he imagined were weak.

I rewatched that Cersei and Little Finger discussion last night. LF is the master of glibness! The way he laid out his plan before Cersei was just brilliant (in an evil kind of way), the luring yet confident tone of his voice, the way he pronounced each word, his cool and collected carriage. And amidst it all he still showed his wit. That was a real display of high value, the guy has perfected the art of deception. I know that's how he usually is but I was especially struck by his performance this time.
at least if Geoffrey was alive he would have put cerci in her place
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 11:19am On May 19, 2015
kay9:

You know what I think? I think Sansa needed this. I personally see this as a final proof to her that no one - not Littlefinger, not Brienne, not her father's bannemen, and definitely not her half-brother at the Wall - no one will fight for her. If she really wants to keep the Stark line alive, then she has to fight and kill by herself - the Stark way.

By the way, who else still remembers that simpering air-headed girl from Season 1 who wanted to marry the prince because he was handsome and brave like a lion? smiley Think of this is as her final metamorphosis.... into Lady Stoneheart.
Totally forgot about lady stoneheart, waoh good catch.
She had relations with Brienne also.
I personally think she will somehow get control over Ramsey (am hoping this happens).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 12:04pm On May 19, 2015
Gbola5:

Tyrion is overrated.

Overrated Guy pls just keep quiet jarey!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2015
The writers are sick. I don't how it fares in the book, but these masochist inclinations of theirs is taken too far.
First the red wedding, now this.

Sansa is rag doll for all comers.If life with Jeoffrey didn't toughen her nothing else would. I am hoping Reek snaps out of it and dispatch that beast called Ramsay.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:52pm On May 19, 2015
Akanniade:
The writers are sick. I don't how it fares in the book, but these masochist inclinations of theirs is taken too far.
First the red wedding, now this.

Sansa is rag doll for all comers.If life with Jeoffrey didn't toughen her nothing else would. I am hoping Reek snaps out of it and dispatch that beast called Ramsay.

cheesy cheesy
Calm down. This is pammy they're still serving; champagne is on the way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:17pm On May 19, 2015
themodernman:

Overrated Guy pls just keep quiet jarey!
Tyrion is interesting character, dont get me wrong, but his strength of character is really overrated, and how his faults are always completely glossed over. He is good, good not great. He became this pitiful, bitterman to the world, always going on about how he's deformed, we get it your a dwarf. Maybe that's just my dislike for the character.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Forwetinnah: 1:23pm On May 19, 2015
kay9:

cheesy cheesy
Calm down. This is pammy they're still serving; champagne is on the way.

shocked Good gracious?

So we should be set to see more troubling scenes than the ones we already have? My heart goes out to Sansa. Little finger just using all the greedy families as pawn to get what he wants. Dude is an evil genius...i hope Cesei Lannister dies a slow/painful death
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Forwetinnah: 1:32pm On May 19, 2015
jmaine:

Oga, she was raped. There is no two ways about that.

Under that watchful eyes of her cousin, gosh!! Ramsey is SICK!! i knew he would do something insane after his Dad told him how he raped his mother under the same tree her husband was hanging from that resulted to his birth..i just knew. smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Forwetinnah: 2:49pm On May 19, 2015
ApexTitan:

Yeah I agree, this isn't rapè, she consented by agreeing to marry Ramsay. What is disturbing about it all is Ramsay insisting that Reek/Theon watch them do the do. No love or affection just pure animal taking. Kai.

Like I said earlier Sansa is messed up for life. How can she recover from all the misfortunes that have befallen her, her family as far as she knows, all murdered. The trauma she suffered under Joffery; What is left of her family home occupied by strangers; and now being taken on her wedding night in front of the man (Theon) who betrayed her family. This is all to much. The average woman would be on the verge of suicide by now after all this.

Whatever revenge Sansa exacts in the future will never be satisfactory. Let's all watch and see.

Reek/Theon was one sick bastard himself until Ramsey conquered him, I don't pity him. Ramsey better watch his back though..i just feel really sad for Sansa, she's been through so much emotionally

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2015
It didnt really have to be a rape. The series has become fond of showing these rape scenes that only signify how women are these weak things that men can dominate. Really it didnt have to be a rape.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 4:02pm On May 19, 2015
Gbola5:
It didnt really have to be a rape. The series has become fond of showing these rape scenes that only signify how women are these weak things that men can dominate. Really it didnt have to be a rape.

What happened was unkind, wicked and heartless but it wasn't rape. By consenting to marrying Ramsey she was already setting herself up for this. It is expected that newly weds consummate their union after the wedding - the bedding was an established custom, besides Sansa didn't raise any objections herself. As sickening as the whole incident was I don't think any court would convict Ramsay of rape here.

He still needs to be shot though, that succulent body is what he wanted to destroy. angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 19, 2015
Gbola5:
a trend i thought i was the only one who observed it
even Dany....the central protagonist of the series wasnt spared.
Kind of condescends her queen status to me.
Doggy for that matter.
I am yet to hear from the feminists tho
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 4:34pm On May 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Reek/Theon was one sick bastard himself until Ramsey conquered him, I don't pity him. Ramsey better watch his back though..i just feel really sad for Sansa, she's been through so much emotionally
I disagree. Theon was power hungry and became over zealous in his quest. All to win his father's approval.
I never thought the day would come I would back Theon angry but Ramsey is in a class of his own. His intelligience makes him out evils even Jeoffrey.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 4:37pm On May 19, 2015
blublahd:

a trend i thought i was the only one who observed it
even Dany....the central protagonist of the series wasnt spared.
Kind of condescends her queen status to me.
Doggy for that matter.
I am yet to hear from the feminists tho

In a truly feudal society (which I believe the show producers are using as a template), women are often dominated. Its sad and despicable, but it remains a true fact.

As for the doggy, umm, I don't gerrit, who doesn't like doggy? Ladies, make una talk o.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2015
kay9:

In a truly feudal society (which I believe the show producers are using as a template), women are often dominated. Its sad and despicable, but it remains a true fact.

As for the doggy, umm, I don't gerrit, who doesn't like doggy? Ladies, make una talk o.

Martin writes these strong female characters you know, and Sansa was one of them. The ripping of her gown, how she felt helpless, it was a rape. It might be a norm, but is still not always the case.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Manutd19: 8:35pm On May 19, 2015
Seriously to me Sansa is a big fool herself. Even though its your home, its dominated by enemies and animals.
I hate Ramsey more for his. I see Reek snapping out of this shit soon
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 2:44am On May 20, 2015
gj22:

Blame d&d for what? Hope you are not trying to spin this into a books vs show thing again? Of course, Robb's betrayal was not the only thing that made the red wedding happen. The main reason it happened was because the lannisters wanted him dead, the bolton's are treacherous and walder frey was angry about what Robb did. The marriage was about an alliance with the frey's and they were promised something and Robb turned his back on walder. This made it easy for the lannisters to convince walder and promise him something else and also the bolton's.

Seriously dude, all your arguments here are always "this is not how it happened in the books". Dial it down man. If we wanted to read the books, we would have read it. They are not exactly hard to come by.

The guy should just leave us d hell alone jarey...he's just tryna spoil the fun here for us...no spoilers abeg!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 2:46am On May 20, 2015
gj22:
Great episode. I was hoping reek would snap out of it and stab Ramsey with a fork.

C0ck merchant (Mr eko from lost) lol

Great to see arya once again

I never knew lord commander mormmont was Jorah's daddy hmm

The sand snakes fight scene was really boring

Cerci na bad guy

You didn't notice Myrcella has grown to look so beautiful.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 2:48am On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:
"Im Sansa Stark of Winterfell, this is my home, and you can't frighten me"
Few minutes later she gets raped. They just keep making her a victim. Loved the Arya scenes, atleast those are still true.

Guy goan continue reading the books & lets enjoy the season abeg...no one gives a flying fcck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:00am On May 20, 2015
gj22:
Come on guys, why pity her? That wasn't raped, is that not what man and wife does? She should have known it was going to happen when she let LF marry her to ramsay. Maybe I am biased because I don't like her. She is not strong like arya.

Theon should snap out of it already

The sand snakes are the worst actors on this show so far... they are like children who just started acting yesterday and that fight scene was boooooooring

Arya....iloveyou

Mr eko repping naija...cock merchant

I can't wait to see what granma tyrell will do to cerci...

Winter is here cheesy

Granma Tyrell always looking helpless when whipped but I trust she's up to something too...episode 7 waiting!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:05am On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:

No that's not true, he could try to kill Ramsay, but anything can go wrong. His story is to show us that there are worse fates than death. He could kill Ramsey but what if he gets caught by Roose.

Theon cannot watch Ramsay do all he's doing in real life...a man without a dicckk has nothing to lose..its better he dies a hero than die a coward..my tots...cos he's still gonna die anyway...he's just being used as a pawn to be discarded after use like toilet roll.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:07am On May 20, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Sansa knew what she was walking into when she agreed to marry Ramsey,the sansa that we knew before wouldn't have agreed to marry Ramsey and on some level she knew this would happen still doesn't prepare you for reality.
It might not be as graphic as the violation of craster's daughters but it was rape no matter our mild
Her story arc will mirror that of the khalessi in the first season,she will tame ramsey.

Wise post but will she love Ramsey like Khaleesi loved Drogo? Never!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:33am On May 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

Joffery wouldn't have done any better, that one was a coward too, he never proved himself with his wit or intelligence. All he did was prey on those he imagined were weak.

I rewatched that Cersei and Little Finger discussion last night. LF is the master of glibness! The way he laid out his plan before Cersei was just brilliant (in an evil kind of way), the luring yet confident tone of his voice, the way he pronounced each word, his cool and collected carriage. And amidst it all he still showed his wit. That was a real display of high value, the guy has perfected the art of deception. I know that's how he usually is but I was especially struck by his performance this time.

Remember when LF told Sansa: "we're all liars here & everyone of us is better than you" I think LF is d greatest liar in all of Westeros... cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 3:38am On May 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

Honestly I think they have made Sansa suffer too much. I am going to find it hard that she will function as a normal person again - not to mention a cold and heartless individual. She would be nearing if not already suffering mental breakdown by now. Her carrying on with any other plans of revenge or whatever would be requiring us to suspend belief a little too much. Haba.

See how Theon is a shell of his former self just because of the torment he recieved under Ramsay and what he suffered, as bad as it is, cannot be matched by what Sansa has suffered in total.

Pain changes people...know how to master pain & you'll be unchangeable.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 10:30am On May 20, 2015
[size=20pt]Whats all this noise about Ramsay raping Sansa? angry angry Ramsay didnt rape sansa abeg.

For heavens sake they are both married and he made love to her. They didnt even show him raping her, the only thing that was done was Ramsay tearing her clothes. We have seen worst scenes than this.
[/size] angry angry undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2015
Dragonking:
[size=20pt]Whats all this noise about Ramsay raping Sansa? angry angry Ramsay didnt rape sansa abeg.

For heavens sake they are both married and he made love to her. They didnt even show him raping her, the only thing that was done was Ramsay tearing her clothes. We have seen worst scenes than this.
[/size] angry angry undecided undecided

Dude it was a rape.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 12:16pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:

Dude it was a rape.

How?

See definition of Rape: The crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.

Was sansa forced to have sex with ramsay? No.

Did ramsay force sansa sexually against her will? No

Why did sansa bend down when ramsay told her to do so before he penetrated her with his joystick? Ans: she wanted to get laid.

Sansa wasnt raped. QED

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 12:35pm On May 20, 2015
^
I agree with you on that, its not rape even though I can't call it love making. As usual the feminists are the ones crying the loudest.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 12:42pm On May 20, 2015
ApexTitan:
^
I agree with you on that, its not rape even though I can't call it love making. As usual the feminists are the ones crying the loudest.

I had to watch that part several times and was asking myself where the rape was? Even Daenerys first time was worse than sansa's own. Nobody cried then. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by hertz9te(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2015
the sex or rape was really emotional,cos sansa was crying.....haba that girl infuriates me with all that her soft acts(team arya)
i was expecting theon to do something,like stick a knife in ramsay....that scene was a bit fast paced,,,,n with the camera focusing on theons emotions....i hoped for a sec,,,tha he will snap...........i think i will be highly dissappointed

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2015
Was Sansa Stark R@ped?

Guys I think she was.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/68660388/game-of-thrones-fans-quit-show-after-controversial-sansa-stark-rape-scene

But here's the one thing I take away from all that:

We do love our fairy tales about princesses in towers, until we’re reminded of what actually happens to princesses in towers.
— Amanda Marcotte (@AmandaMarcotte) May 18, 2015
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2015
ApexTitan:
^

But bro, if it was not "love making", then what was it? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.