Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090228 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2015
themodernman:

Remember when LF told Sansa: "we're all liars here & everyone of us is better than you" I think LF is d greatest liar in all of Westeros... cheesy

Lol probably, he is the master of deceit.. I just like the guy sha.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aspiregreat: 2:28pm On May 20, 2015
Any info on season 5 kiss undecided undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:38pm On May 20, 2015
But here Sansa is taken against
her will(brutally) in way that’s likely (and
disgustingly) customary for arranged
marriages in this setting, it's the same for Dany, but to say Dany got over it, Sansa will doesnt make sense.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2015
By consenting to marriage,Sansa wasn't raped. Most ppl are aggrieved because
(a) Sansa has been sweet and flower-like unlike most ladies on GoT
(b) Sansa was deflowered by Psycho Hobbit of all ppl when ppl like Joffrey(who art in hell),Tyrion or Littlefinger could have done it
(c)Sansa seems to have gone full circle back to Sansa of s01-03
(d)The Starks just keep loosing in GoT
(e)Most ppl just wanted to get even just a glimpse of Sansa's punny

Don't worry even if Sansa's plan of revenge fails,King Stannis may avenge Ned Stark and kill Psycho Hobbit and the Boltons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:04pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:
It didnt really have to be a rape. The series has become fond of showing these rape scenes that only signify how women are these weak things that men can dominate. Really it didnt have to be a rape.

Firstly, it wasn't rape.

Secondly, that's how those times were. Men were savages and women were victims. So, the writers are just being historically accurate.

Thirdly, it wasn't rape.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2015
blublahd:

a trend i thought i was the only one who observed it
even Dany....the central protagonist of the series wasnt spared.
Kind of condescends her queen status to me.
Doggy for that matter.
I am yet to hear from the feminists tho

It's a movie about ancient times... what do you expect? When Hollywood made a movie of slavery, why didn't you say they were being racists? The writers have done nothing wrong. They were being historically accurate. You won't be hearing from the feminists because they understand this.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 4:08pm On May 20, 2015
hertz9te:
the sex or rape was really emotional,cos sansa was crying.....haba that girl infuriates me with all that her soft acts(team arya)
i was expecting theon to do something,like stick a knife in ramsay....that scene was a bit fast paced,,,,n with the camera focusing on theons emotions....i hoped for a sec,,,tha he will snap...........i think i will be highly dissappointed

So because sansa was crying you tag it as rape? undecided

Have you even considered that sansa is a virgin and no man has penetrated her before. Who knows if ramsay has a big dickk..

She wasnt raped abeg. Go and check out the definition of rape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 4:11pm On May 20, 2015
kay9:

But bro, if it was not "love making", then what was it? smiley

Having Sex. wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2015
themodernman:

Granma Tyrell always looking helpless when whipped but I trust she's up to something too...episode 7 waiting!

She might confess to killing geoffrey and rub it in cerci's face. That would be epic.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:15pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:

Dude it was a rape.

It wasn't. By custom, man must bed wife night of marriage. She knew this and still agreed to marry him so by extension agreed to have sex with him later on.

It was not rape.

Jamie and cerci sex scene beside geoffrey's corpse is a better rape debate than this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2015
hertz9te:
the sex or rape was really emotional,cos sansa was crying.....haba that girl infuriates me with all that her soft acts(team arya)
i was expecting theon to do something,like stick a knife in ramsay....that scene was a bit fast paced,,,,n with the camera focusing on theons emotions....i hoped for a sec,,,tha he will snap...........i think i will be highly dissappointed

Couldn't have said it better bro...team arya
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 4:18pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:
marriages in this setting, it's the same for Dany, but to say Dany got over it, Sansa will doesnt make sense.

Are you sure you arent watching game of thrones (naija version) grin grin

Taken against her will my foot. cheesy cheesy Sansa walked with her two feet to marry Ramsay..Walked with him to the bedroom and when she was told to bend down(doggy style) she complied. So where is the rape

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2015
kay9:

Rough sex. They are not in love so it can't be called "LOVE making"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 4:20pm On May 20, 2015
gj22:

It wasn't. By custom, man must bed wife night of marriage. She knew this and still agreed to marry him so by extension agreed to have sex with him later on.

It was not rape.

Jamie and cerci sex scene beside geoffrey's corpse is a better rape debate than this.

you got it..People have forgotten that daenerys targarayn own was worst. because it is sansa, everybody is shouting rape. undecided

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:

That's all it was, rough sex. She knew this was on the table when she signed up. She was a virgin and Ramsey didn't go easy on her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 20, 2015
gj22:

It's a movie about ancient times... what do you expect? When Hollywood made a movie of slavery, why didn't you say they were being racists?
that is incomparable to this. If the raping of sansa makes a more intriguing plot, am unfazed. I think there wont be any outcry if it had followed the books, cause speculation is,such occurence were just for entertainment rather than delivering a score point.
The writers have done nothing wrong. They were being historically accurate. You won't be hearing from the feminists because they understand this.
you think? I suggest you put your ears closer to the ground.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 4:42pm On May 20, 2015
The irony of all this sansa issh is that the people shouting and crying that sansa was raped, or they wont watch GOT again (oyinbo especially) will be the first to ask when the next episode is coming out or will be the first to go and watch it. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:44pm On May 20, 2015
themodernman:

You didn't notice Myrcella has grown to look so beautiful.

I was too busy getting frustrated by the poor acting.

Honestly, the dornish scenes have been below par.. bad actors, bad dialogue and bad shooting. Apart from oberyn's wife and the prince of Dorne, the other actors are shyte.

The sand snakes were the worst. They are like kindergarten actors. And the fight scene was horrible. Even the guy tried tho.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:53pm On May 20, 2015
blublahd:

that is incomparable to this. If the raping of sansa makes a more intriguing plot, am unfazed. I think there wont be any outcry if it had followed the books, cause speculation is,such occurence were just for entertainment rather than delivering a score point.

you think? I suggest you put your ears closer to the ground.

Dude, you are making it sound as if the message of the scene was "Women are nothing to mean and should be treated like shyte". The movie is about ancient times, these things happened in ancient times.

What do you think would happen when a savage being (ramsey) wants to have sex? He is an animal and that is what they showed, nothing more. Really, if you are reading more to the scene then you should check yourself.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 5:11pm On May 20, 2015
gj22:

Dude, you are making it sound as if the message of the scene was "Women are nothing to mean and should be treated like shyte". The movie is about ancient times, these things happened in ancient times.

What do you think would happen when a savage being (ramsey) wants to have sex? He is an animal and that is what they showed, nothing more. Really, if you are reading more to the scene then you should check yourself.

The funny thing about all this is that we werent shown more than ramsay tearing sansa's clothes and him telling her to bend down. Nothing more. I didnt see anything savage in that scene. Guys in today's world do far more than what was shown.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 20, 2015
gj22:

That is the vibe most people are getting from not just that scene but its repeated occurence and particularly it deviates from the books. So the question is, whats with such scenes? But on second thought, perhaps its an attempt to rewrite the books to T.v audience. The butterfly effect as GRRM called it.
What do you think would happen when a savage being (ramsey) wants to have sex? He is an animal and that is what they showed, nothing more.
Totally understandable.
Really, if you are reading more to the scene then you should check yourself.
not the scene, but the repetition of such trend.
Then again, i may just have had a soft spot for Sweet Sansa.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2015
kay9:

Let us call it a heartless taking. Wicked poking, beating that asś up really nasty. Deserve to go to hell banging, even-the-devil-will-be-shocked-sèx but we can't call it rape because of her consent embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2015
Marital rape is still rape. Even though they did at at the time(and its not ancient, its medieval times). But its still considered rape whether they're married or not. But Dany started to develop from there, it became part of her development story in the show. Sansa's was unneccessary, it doesnt mean that she will also develop from there also. She's always the victim, and part of her character growth was to stop being the victim and take charge. She had gone through pain enough, she didnt need this as another booster. They were already showing signs of this in s4, when she walks down the stairs in the Eyrie, when she was looking confident, and now she becomes a victim again. Ofcourse she will grow from here, as most of you use to defend the scene, but rape shouldnt be the catalyst, no more than the death of her family.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Elkrypto(m): 6:35pm On May 20, 2015
undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2015
How apt Elkrypto. In today's world where the feminine-centric view is the default view these kinds of double standards will continue to apply.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 6:55pm On May 20, 2015
gj22:

She might confess to killing geoffrey and rub it in cerci's face. That would be epic.

That will only happen when she has nothing more to lose.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 7:06pm On May 20, 2015
Dragonking:
[size=20pt]Whats all this noise about Ramsay raping Sansa? angry angry Ramsay didnt rape sansa abeg.

For heavens sake they are both married and he made love to her. They didnt even show him raping her, the only thing that was done was Ramsay tearing her clothes. We have seen worst scenes than this.
[/size] angry angry undecided undecided

Don't mind them...ppl shouting rape are just being senselessly emotional...once a woman is your wife, you can legally have her as many times you want without proboem with the court whether she likes it or not.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:
Marital rape is still rape. Even though they did at at the time(and its not ancient, its medieval times). But its still considered rape whether they're married or not. But Dany started to develop from there, it became part of her development story in the show. Sansa's was unneccessary, it doesnt mean that she will also develop from there also. She's always the victim, and part of her character growth was to stop being the victim...bla bla bla

Sorry I had to shorten your long grammar up there. Sansa was raped, end of story. Folks can either live with it, or quit watching. What plot point did bursting Oberyn like a tomato serve? What character development did Theon achieve by getting castrated? Heaven didn't fall when any of those happened, so whats all the hullabaloo about? Please have a chill pill, let's just watch the show for what it is: an adaptation trying to approximate reality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 7:24pm On May 20, 2015
themodernman:

Don't mind them...ppl shouting rape are just being senselessly emotional...once a woman is your wife, you can legally have her as many times you want without proboem with the court whether she likes it or not.

...Actually, you can't. Whether your wife or not, any day she says "no", you'd be well-adviced to steer clear. Ask any lawyer.

Sansa's case is a sore pickle because she willingly walked into it and stayed there to take it, even though we the audience know that she would rather not. I still think its rape, but hey that's just my opinion. Its all these folks screaming blue murder that I'm just pissed at - why didn't they raise as much hew-haw when Theon was almost sodomized and then castrated like a pig? People should just relax and enjoy the show.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 7:46pm On May 20, 2015
themodernman:

You better prepare for a lengthy prison sentence if you seriously hold this view and act on it. Consent is a very serious matter in or out of marriage.

As far as the show though, lets pay those crying on twitter and on newspaper sites no mind.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 8:14pm On May 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

You better prepare for a lengthy prison sentence if you seriously hold this view and act on it. Consent is a very serious matter in or out of marriage.

As far as the show though, lets pay those crying on twitter and on newspaper sites no mind.

You're not well informed brother...I on the other hand have been tutored as a medical student under the foremost renowned forensic expert during med school...who confirmed: THERE IS NO RAPE IN MARRIAGE....of course you can hold on to your sentimental view to gather more likes & shares here but that won't change the bitter truth...what is not acceptable is you assaulting & battering her b4 you do it...but anything sexual is legal cos there's nothing like consent in marital sex...if she's fed she should file for divorce shikena. The same way a man cannot be raped legally as it's still restricted to females for now...so even if a girl drugs & rapes you, you do not have a case! Man up & stop being sentimental.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by hertz9te(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
Dragonking:

So because sansa was crying you tag it as rape? undecided

Have you even considered that sansa is a virgin and no man has penetrated her before. Who knows if ramsay has a big dickk..

She wasnt raped abeg. Go and check out the definition of rape.
.......what is rape?......havin of sex from someone with their mutual consent.......understand this definition and tell me is not rape again

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.