Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088810 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2015
kannymoore:

I'm sorry but idoubt if Tyrion is Tygarean sha..
Most Tygareans have White hair..Tyrion isnt.

Except if Tyrion is going to fill the role of that other fella in the books..which is actually very possible.
Anyways...till the very next episode then! grin

Lots of past Targs that married outside didnt have silver-blond hair. Its usually when they inter marry(incest) that they do. That's why they inter marry "to keep the bloodline pure".

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kannymoore(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2015
Gbola5:

Lots of past Targs that married outside didnt have silver-blond hair. Its usually when they inter marry(incest) that they do. That's why they inter marry "to keep the bloodline pure".

Even if he's pure, its still not adefinite reason why he'll commandeer a dragon just like that.

Methinks, bar sorcery or supernatural means, you've gotta be a pure-blooded Targ...not half blood o.
Why?
Cos of their affinity for fire.
Tyrion isnt a Targ.. and even if he is, he can't be pure blooded.
Why?
No white hair.

Besides..even danaerys' brother with his full head of White hair wasn't a pure-blooded Targ sef.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

Half baked? He is about to have an army at his disposal. You know the LF of the books, not the show because you haven't been watching closely enough.

Oh but i have.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:27pm On May 28, 2015
lordhugo:

Skorī dēmalȳti tymptir tymis, ērinis iā morghūlis.

I see you speak old Valyrian .

Translation?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2015
lordhugo:

I specifically did not call the 3rd last dragonrider. he is jon snow. fathered from Rhaegon, with Nedd stark's sister. (the pretty statue in the catacombs of winterfell)

Of tyrion, I say this. Tywin specifically said, "you are no son of mine". before dying.

Tyrion's father is Aerys. Aerys raped tywin's wife. Hand of king nonetheless, Tywin was compelled to be loyal as a lannister looking for fame and glory ib the long run.

Why do you think Tyrion is now in mereen? Why was he taken through Valyria? Why did he see the lost dragon of Daenerys?

I hope this isn't termed a spoiler.

3 dragon riders for 3 dragons!

One question, is this fanfic or does the book have anything to do with it?

If it's fanfic (fan fiction or just a theory) then it's not a spoiler

If it's gotten somehow from the books, then it is a spoiler :| undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lordhugo(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

I see you speak old Valyrian .

Translation?

(loosely) In the game of thrones, you either win (live) or lose (die).

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kannymoore(m): 6:25pm On May 28, 2015
lordhugo:

A popular fan theory argues that Tyrion might be a Targaryen, perhaps even Mad King Aerys' son. The evidence is fairly weakeither way. Here's the evidence in the order Ifeel is strongest to weakest:

After watching the Season 3 finale, I am firmly convinced that Tyrion is not Tywin's son. Why? Tywin's closingcomments "I will raiseyouas my son.Because you are a Lannister." You don't say these things to someone whoisyour son.

1. Tyrion is immune togreyscale.InA Dance With Dragons, Tyrion survives a nasty greyscale exposure untouched and yet Jon Connington, who rescues Tyrion, succumbs to the disease. Tyrion also survives exposure to the bloody flux. Targaryens are theonlyfamily known to have immunity to disease, owing to their dragon's blood.

2. Tyrion's eye and hair color doesn't match his father or siblings.This is not apparent in the TV Show,Jaime and Cersi have the"typical" Lannister look, golden blonde hair and bright green eyes. Tywin also has these traits. However, Tyrion has pale blonde hair, possibly a mix between Lannister golden blonde and Targaryen silver grey. Tyrion's eyes are mismatched - one is green, and the other isblack. This plus Tyrion's dwarfism means... who knows what?

3. Tyrion was obsessed with dragons as a child, even dreaming about them.This was common among Targaryens. Still a weak bit of evidence.

4. Tywin says Tyrion isn't his son, multiple times.Of course, Tywin could be lying to wound Tyrion. However, this comment from Tywin is suspect:You are anill-made, spiteful little creature,full of envy, lust and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display mycolors, sinceI cannotprove that you are not mine.

5. Aerys Targaryen was infatuated with Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife.This wascommon knowledge, as was Aerys' distastefor Tywin, but it doesn't say much by itself.If this theory is true, then we can easily understand why Tywin hates Tyrion - Tywin's wife died giving birth to anotherman's son, which Tywin must raise or risk public humiliation.

Thank you very much for these fine points you've made!

You've surely made my day bro!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 6:26pm On May 28, 2015
Why not go to the book thread to discuss book matters? https://www.nairaland.com/1548262/questions-theories-trivia-asoiaf-game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2015
kannymoore:

Even if he's pure, its still not adefinite reason why he'll commandeer a dragon just like that.

Methinks, bar sorcery or supernatural means, you've gotta be a pure-blooded Targ...not half blood o.
Why?
Cos of their affinity for fire.
Tyrion isnt a Targ.. and even if he is, he can't be pure blooded.
Why?
No white hair.

Besides..even danaerys' brother with his full head of White hair wasn't a pure-blooded Targ sef.

How wasn't Viserys pure blooded ? He's as pure blooded as Dany is.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:38pm On May 28, 2015
lordhugo:

A popular fan theory argues that Tyrion might be a Targaryen, perhaps even Mad King Aerys' son. The evidence is fairly weakeither way. Here's the evidence in the order Ifeel is strongest to weakest:

After watching the Season 3 finale, I am firmly convinced that Tyrion is not Tywin's son. Why? Tywin's closingcomments "I will raiseyouas my son.Because you are a Lannister." You don't say these things to someone whoisyour son.

1. Tyrion is immune togreyscale.InA Dance With Dragons, Tyrion survives a nasty greyscale exposure untouched and yet Jon Connington, who rescues Tyrion, succumbs to the disease. Tyrion also survives exposure to the bloody flux. Targaryens are theonlyfamily known to have immunity to disease, owing to their dragon's blood.

2. Tyrion's eye and hair color doesn't match his father or siblings.This is not apparent in the TV Show,Jaime and Cersi have the"typical" Lannister look, golden blonde hair and bright green eyes. Tywin also has these traits. However, Tyrion has pale blonde hair, possibly a mix between Lannister golden blonde and Targaryen silver grey. Tyrion's eyes are mismatched - one is green, and the other isblack. This plus Tyrion's dwarfism means... who knows what?

3. Tyrion was obsessed with dragons as a child, even dreaming about them.This was common among Targaryens. Still a weak bit of evidence.

4. Tywin says Tyrion isn't his son, multiple times.Of course, Tywin could be lying to wound Tyrion. However, this comment from Tywin is suspect:You are anill-made, spiteful little creature,full of envy, lust and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display mycolors, sinceI cannotprove that you are not mine.

5. Aerys Targaryen was infatuated with Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife.This wascommon knowledge, as was Aerys' distastefor Tywin, but it doesn't say much by itself.If this theory is true, then we can easily understand why Tywin hates Tyrion - Tywin's wife died giving birth to anotherman's son, which Tywin must raise or risk public humiliation.

I know all this. Im saying that some of the points HE mentioned aren't the reasons why. Also, to the first point, there was a Targ female, who became a septa, and got ridden with the pox, its not that they're extremely immune, but that they have a stronger resistance. Like Dany still gets burned in book 5.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 6:41pm On May 28, 2015
Gbola5:

Kings arent above the law. Royals shouldnt do as they like. Kings arent above the gods. The Faith serve the gods, the faith have an amount of power also, and they worship the faith everywhere south if the neck. That's why they can arrest Cersei, that's why they can defy Tommen. Now you just do that, you just invite the high sparrow and cut of his tongue. You realise the faith already reacted to the red wedding, how the sacred guest right was broken. You just try to kill their leader, see if their will will be broken. The King's Guard are only seven with only 3 introduced in the show. Why do you think they'll be able to pass the Warrior's sons ? The High Sparrow was able to manuever Cersei, so much so would he Joffrey. But LF wants chaos, why would he be there to counsel. The previous High Septons have been corrupt, buying into Lannister power. This one's different, he realises the attrosities caused by the people under the crown. Although they went overboard with the thing(in the show) like how they scattered brothels and drained all the wine in KL, and being against homosexuality. Hmm, no i dont see it, i dont see what Joffrey would have done, except from rage.
you obviously haven't been following g.o.t. joffrey is a power drunk brat who wouldn't think twice about killing anyone, priest or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:41pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

One question, is this fanfic or does the book have anything to do with it?
If it's fanfic (fan fiction or just a theory) then it's not a spoiler
If it's gotten somehow from the books, then it is a spoiler :| undecided
So then if its from the books its a spoiler ?! Wow.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2015
Gmajor:

you obviously haven't been following g.o.t. joffrey is a power drunk brat who wouldn't think twice about killing anyone, priest or otherwise.

I have. Aye, but that dont mean he can.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

Half baked? He is about to have an army at his disposal. You know the LF of the books, not the show because you haven't been watching closely enough.

What army, pray ?! Tell me why you think it will work. It will work, aye, but that's cuz the show writers write it to work. Littlefinger isnt supposed to be novice planner like that, its out of his character. His plans depend alot on others' actions. Suddenly he gambles with Stannis ? They might make it out that his plans worked out, but it couldn't.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2015
Seun has repented. In the past he had no tolerance for discussions outside the TV series and used to hand out lengthy bans like chin chin. Methinks its his new found love for Dornish women that has changed his heart.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 7:47pm On May 28, 2015
ApexTitan:
Seun has repented. In the past he had no tolerance for discussions outside the TV series and used to hand out lengthy bans like chin chin. Methinks its his new found love for Dornish women that has changed his heart.

Lol

Well, with all the speculations going on and some strong point some people presented, tyrion may or may not be a targaryen. For Jon snow, I doubt if he has dragon blood in him. My reason is this, if you have dragon blood that makes you immune to fire abi? But snow got burnt while killing two men of the night's watch that turned to white walkers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 28, 2015
Csami:

Lol

Well, with all the speculations going on and some strong point some people presented, tyrion may or may not be a targaryen. For Jon snow, I doubt if he has dragon blood in him. My reason is this, if you have dragon blood that makes you immune to fire abi? But snow got burnt while killing two men of the night's watch that turned to white walkers.
he isnt a pure targ like dany
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2015
blublahd:

Then I don't see him riding a dragon then

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 28, 2015
Csami:

Then I don't see him riding a dragon then
His father is Rhaegar Targaryen, how doesnt that suffices?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:59pm On May 28, 2015
Gbola5:

What army, pray ?! Tell me why you think it will work. It will work, aye, but that's cuz the show writers write it to work.

That's like saying cerci is in prison because the show writers write it that way...obviously

Can anything happen in the show that the writers did not write? :s

You over think things a lot. Just sit down and enjoy the show. His plan might work, it might not work but that's not the point I was making. The main thing is.... HE HAS AN ARMY AND WILL FIGHT FOR HIS CAUSE USING THE KINGS NAME.

Littlefinger isnt supposed to be novice planner like that, its out of his character. His plans depend alot on others' actions. Suddenly he gambles with Stannis ? They might make it out that his plans worked out, but it couldn't.

Lol. Dude seriously. So, you know his character more than the writers right? Lol.

When has his plans never depended on someone else? He told lysa to poison Jon aryn and accuse the lannisters in a letter sent to her sister. Is that not dependent on others actions?

His plan was genius. He framed sansa for Joffrey's murder, snuck her to Winterfell and married her to the bolton's then told cerci that he heard stories that sansa was sported in Winterfell and he betrayed them. If you say it was a novice plan, you know nothing.

Seriously man, if you watch a show as a critic, you won't enjoy it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2015
Gbola5:

So then if its from the books its a spoiler ?! Wow.

Ehm yes it is.

If the show hasn't mentioned such and you are spilling it here because you have read the SOURCE MATERIAL, how's that not spoilers? Jesus.

If it was implied in the books but not the show, it's still spoilers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2015
lordhugo:

[s]

5. Aerys Targaryen was infatuated with Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife.This wascommon knowledge, as was Aerys' distastefor Tywin, but it doesn't say much by itself.If this theory is true, then we can easily understand why Tywin hates Tyrion - Tywin's wife died giving birth to anotherman's son, which Tywin must raise or risk public humiliation.[/s]

SPOILERS..... DO NOT READ!!!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2015
YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP PASTING BOOK THEORY HERE PLEASE. YOU ARE RUINING THE SHOW FOR EVERYONE.

HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND? NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW OR GIVES A SHI1T ABOUT THE BOOKS, WE JUST WANT TO ENJOY THE SHOW. STOP THE SPOILERS PLEASE.

IF WE WANTED TO READ THE BOOKS, WE WOULD HAVE READ IT ALREADY.

JUST TO CLARIFY, IF YOU USE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE BOOKS TO FORM A THEORY IN ANYWAY, IT IS A SPOILER. USE THE SHOWS ALONE TO FORM YOUR THEORY

WHY IS THIS SOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2015
Gbola5:

I have. Aye, but that dont mean he can.

He CAN.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 8:16pm On May 28, 2015
At some point we stopped enforcing the no spoiler rule. Should we start again?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2015
Abeg, how can I become a mod in this thread lol. The kind ban I will dish out ehn. All these book readers are just making Noise.

www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones

That's whr I hang out and the book readers are actually decent and don't post spoilers.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:20pm On May 28, 2015
Seun:

YES PLEASE
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lordhugo(m): 8:29pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

YES PLEASE

Retrospective action?

Another Buhari in 1984?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 28, 2015
Seun:
I think so sir, to maintain decorum.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

JUST TO CLARIFY, IF YOU USE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE BOOKS TO FORM A THEORY IN ANYWAY, IT IS A SPOILER. USE THE SHOWS ALONE TO FORM YOUR THEORY

Goodluck with that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2015
blublahd:

Dany's Unburnt was a one time thing, somewhat magical, the author said so. She does get burnt trying to ride drogon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.