Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088731 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 11:49am On May 30, 2015
Seun:
Please click like if you want me to take action against spoilers. If I get many likes then I'll do it (it's time-consuming so I have to be sure)
You should define what constitutes spoilers because I've seen in the past where honest opinions and speculations concerning the show were considered spoilers.

Also we can't completely annihilate the books since the show is based on it and we know the directors can't act everything. The books help with background information (not necessarily spoil the show) like this one were people are arguing the Targaryens immunity to fire and heat.

So maybe anything that is forward-looking can be termed spoilers. But any information that only seeks to explain current events can stay.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2015
Gmajor:

this your theory is kinda flawed. in the season one we saw subtle clues that she is resistant to fire, like when she walked into a very hot bath her servants prepared for her and also when she retrieved her dragon eggs from the fire, she wasn't burnt yet her servant who touched the egg was.

High resistance to heat, but not immune, dragons are immune but even dragons get burned. And its not a theory.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2015
Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons? George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold. Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again? George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:32pm On May 30, 2015
The Valyrians of Old actually lived around Volcano's called the Fourteen Flames, so they have a high resistance to heat. Like the Northerners or Starks and wildlings live in the cold North with just the Autumn's Kiss deadly to Southerners not to talk of Winter. Its just where they live most like.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:33pm On May 30, 2015
Oh and that's no spoiler admin, im clarifying things.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fibial: 3:03pm On May 30, 2015
I smell some form of mutiny @ the night watch,John Snow the b****d seems to be following the steps of Ned Stark...."All rulers are butchers or meat"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:26pm On May 30, 2015
fibial:
I smell some form of mutiny @ the night watch,John Snow the b****d seems to be following the steps of Ned Stark...."All rulers are butchers or meat"

That's not true though, "All ruler are butchers or meat". What about compromise, when does that come in for Daario Naharis ? Guys a sellsword, dont take him at his world. He's bold not old.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fibial: 3:39pm On May 30, 2015
Relax bro and go down the lane of rulers old and cme back 2 the few of modern times...then you would understand fully.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:02pm On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:

That's not true though, "All ruler are butchers or meat". What about compromise, when does that come in for Daario Naharis ? Guys a sellsword, dont take him at his world. He's bold not old.

How is it not true?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2015
theory (kind of)
-------------
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before but I read a theory somewhere that the Jaqen H'ghar arya met in bravoos might not be the one she me earlier in the series. They might not be the same person.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:
Granny: Do
Targaryens become
immune to fire once
they "bond" to their
dragons?
George_RR_Martin:
Granny, thanks for
asking that. It gives
me a chance to clear
up a common
misconception.
TARGARYENS ARE
NOT IMMUNE TO
FIRE! The birth of
Dany's dragons was
unique, magical,
wonderous, a miracle.
She is called The
Unburnt because she
walked into the flames
and lived. But her
brother sure as hell
wasn't immune to that
molten gold.
Revanshe: So she
won't be able to do it
again?
George_RR_Martin:
Probably not.

Did it ever occur to you that visery may be danny's half brother?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2015
Csami:

Did it ever occur to you that visery may be danny's half brother?
Naa, they are siblings.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2015
gj22:
theory (kind of)
-------------
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before but I read a theory somewhere that the Jaqen H'ghar arya met in bravoos might not be the one she me earlier in the series. They might not be the same person.

Elaborate. He is clearly the same.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:33pm On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:

Elaborate. He is clearly the same.

He might just be another faceless man using that face. Remember Jaqen H'ghar changed his face before he and Arya parted ways. And also, there is nothing really that suggests they are the same person. Also, the man first tells arya that "no one here goes by that name" when she got to the temple (?) whereas he introduced himself as Jaqen H'ghar when he and arya first met last season (?)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:35pm On May 30, 2015
gj22:

How is it not true?
The idea is slaughter(tyranny), which is what he's suggesting. A wonder he's still on her council. She's been f***king him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2015
gj22:

He might just be another faceless man using that face. Remember Jaqen H'ghar changed his face before he and Arya parted ways. And also, there is nothing really that suggests they are the same person. Also, the man first tells arya that "no one here goes by that name" when she got to the temple (?) whereas he introduced himself as Jaqen H'ghar when he and arya first met last season (?)
gj22:

Naa. He was on a mission. Although Jaqen may not be his real name, since they change names and faces, he's the same for the show, cuz they didnt recast the Kindly Man so they had the same actor take the spot, since some might get confused, even though he had already changed his face previous season. And the acolytes of the HoBaW go by noone, since they forsake their oldselves. Part of their training includes discarding their true identity in a nihilistic way, thinking of themselves as
"no one".
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:

The idea is slaughter(tyranny), which is what he's suggesting. A wonder he's still on her council. She's been f***king him.

That doesn't prove that the statement "a ruler is either the butcher or meat" is a false statement.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:05pm On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:

Naa. He was on a mission. Although Jaqen may not be his real name, since they change names and faces, he's the same for the show, cuz they didnt recast the Kindly Man so they had the same actor take the spot, since some might get confused, even though he had already changed his face previous season. And the acolytes of the HoBaW go by noone, since they forsake their oldselves. Part of their training includes discarding their true identity in a nihilistic way, thinking of themselves as
"no one".

They didn't recast him because it's the same face.

I am saying that it's the same face but might be a different person. Afterall, that face is just one of the many faces in the faceless bank or whatever it's called.

Hypothetically,
Arya meets person A who has face A in season 4(?).
In season 5, arya meets person B who has face B and asks for person A. Person A is unavailable so Person B then wears face A because it is what arya needs and faceless men are good at reading people.

Person A and person B both have face A but they are not the same person.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2015
Whatever Joffery would do against the faith wouldn't be a good option. The King waging war against the faith would destroy his credibility, in addition to all the stability an open civil war would cause. With the present state of Westeros.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2015
gj22:

That doesn't prove that the statement "a ruler is either the butcher or meat" is a false statement.

Yeah. But i think it just signifies that rulers should take charge and stop being weak.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2015
gj22:

They didn't recast him because it's the same face.

I am saying that it's the same face but might be a different person. Afterall, that face is just one of the many faces in the faceless bank or whatever it's called.

Hypothetically,
Arya meets person A who has face A in season 4(?).
In season 5, arya meets person B who has face B and asks for person A. Person A is available so Person B then wears face A because it is what arya needs and faceless men are good at reading people.

Person A and person B both have face A but they are not the same person.

Might be. I get BUT i dont think its what the writers are doing. They brought back someone connect to the faceless men so as not to have many other new faces to confuse people. And theres only a face of one person. This means that, if that theory were true, the Jaqen(new faced) would have to have brought the Jaqen(old face)'s face to the HoBaW before Arya ever came. Okay, say it was true, who do you think is wearing his face ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:

Might be. I get BUT i dont think its what the writers are doing. They brought back someone connect to the faceless men so as not to have many other new faces to confuse people. And theres only a face of one person. This means that, if that theory were true, the Jaqen(new faced) would have to have brought the Jaqen(old face)'s face to the HoBaW before Arya ever came. Okay, say it was true, who do you think is wearing his face ?

Not necessarily because that face is just one of the many faces in the room of faces (its not Jaqen H'ghar's real face).

I don't know who it could be tho. It's just something I read somewhere and wanted to share. It might come in play later.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:10pm On May 30, 2015
gj22:

Not necessarily because that face is just one of the many faces in the room of faces (its not Jaqen H'ghar's real face).

I don't know who it could be tho. It's just something I read somewhere and wanted to share. It might come in play later.

Ok then.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 12:39am On May 31, 2015
An observation: Every time a Stark chops off someone's head as a punitive measure, he (the Stark) ends up being violently killed a few episodes later. Following this rule I can only speculate that, Jon Snow will soon meet his untimely demise. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ignatio(m): 2:41am On May 31, 2015
Seun:
At some point we stopped enforcing the no spoiler rule. Should we start again?

Yes please. Bring the hammer back.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 5:59am On May 31, 2015
Gbola5:
Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons? George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold. Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again? George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
where did you get this from?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:28am On May 31, 2015
Gmajor:

where did you get this from?

Its an ssM( so spake Martin) at a comic con. GRRM attends those, its like an interview, and the audience get to ask questions, some he answers well, some he answers fairly, some he just tells them to figure out so he wont reveal yet.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2015
RamsayBolton:
An observation: Every time a Stark chops off someone's head as a punitive measure, he (the Stark) ends up being violently killed a few episodes later. Following this rule I can only speculate that, Jon Snow will soon meet his untimely demise. smiley

Lol. You can't exactly call it a rule since it has happened only once.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by abdulaz: 11:12am On May 31, 2015
gj22:

Lol. You can't exactly call it a rule since it has happened only once.
it happend twice, Stark when he beheaded a deserter in season one and Rob when he beheaded a northern elderly man for killing the cousins of the lanisters.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:59pm On May 31, 2015
abdulaz:
it happend twice, Stark when he beheaded a deserter in season one and Rob when he beheaded a northern elderly man for killing the cousins of the lanisters.

Well, Jon Snow is a bastaxd and not a full Stark. Perhaps he'll only gets to die halfway.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:15pm On May 31, 2015
kay9:

Well, Jon Snow is a bastaxd and not a full Stark. Perhaps he'll only gets to die halfway.

I see what you did there...!! Too bad its only a Bran thing.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 1:24pm On May 31, 2015
Gbola5:

I see what you did there...!! Too bad its only a Bran thing.

**in Tyrion Lannister's voice**
The lamprey pie is quite good, and I think I'll have a wing of the roast duck and some lemon cakes too. And definitely a flagon of your best dornish wine!... Oh, sorry, did you say something?

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.